Full Version: ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Spyder
Gamboa and Solis kick off 2009!

Come on fellas get pumped!!!!
Mean Mister Mustard
Hopkins as a commentator great.
Spyder
He is good. The man loves fundamentals...
thehype
Geesh...somebody let me know when a REAL fight actually comes on...I'm already bored.

Perhaps this should be in it's own thread, but just out of curiosity, does anyone think it may be an unfair advantage when Teddy speaks with one of the trainers during a fight? Sometime he gives away strategy tips that perhaps the trainer may not have been thinking about.
thehype
LMAO at Bernard CONSTANTLY referring to Margarito as Mayorga.

laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(thehype @ Jan 9 2009, 10:08 PM) [snapback]419677[/snapback]
LMAO at Bernard CONSTANTLY referring to Margarito as Mayorga.

laugh.gif

hahaha, BK is afraid to correct him.
kidbazooka1
Gamboa took an easy win with a 10 rd stopppage over Gonzalez who was just looking to survive. Gonzalez did score a KD in the 2nd rd but never followed it up with anything.

Gamboa is makeing a habbit of getting dropped yet comeing back to stop his opponent ala Trinidad.
Lil-lightsout
Main event was decent, Gonzalez could have gave a better effort though. I like Gamboa, is offense is real nice and is fun to watch. His defense need work and he will be tough to beat.

Typical fat overweight heavyweight prospect for the first fight, thanks Solis for keeping the heavyweight tradition true these days.
Mean Mister Mustard
Gamboa is dangerous when he opens up because he is so fast but he can get caught in between those swings. I think it is well established now that the guy has technical flaws that a top guy will expose. But it will take a TOP guy to expose them.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(thehype @ Jan 9 2009, 10:58 PM) [snapback]419675[/snapback]
Geesh...somebody let me know when a REAL fight actually comes on...I'm already bored.

Perhaps this should be in it's own thread, but just out of curiosity, does anyone think it may be an unfair advantage when Teddy speaks with one of the trainers during a fight? Sometime he gives away strategy tips that perhaps the trainer may not have been thinking about.

I didn't know Teddy was doing this but is extremely unfair..Teddy in my opinion is a ATG trainer..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Jan 9 2009, 11:34 PM) [snapback]419683[/snapback]
I didn't know Teddy was doing this but is extremely unfair..Teddy in my opinion is a ATG trainer..

I sure to miss Teddy's speeches between rounds with his fighters, always entertaining stuff.
D-MARV
War Hopkins!
King Eugene
Damn I work friday nights so I didn't even get to see it nor DVR it cause I dont have my box anymore.

I should have checked channelsurfing.net
MarzB
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 10 2009, 12:27 AM) [snapback]419682[/snapback]
Gamboa is dangerous when he opens up because he is so fast but he can get caught in between those swings. I think it is well established now that the guy has technical flaws that a top guy will expose. But it will take a TOP guy to expose them.

Good assessment. I think the kid is average personally and he just has fast hands. Way too many flaws for my taste. Gonzalez is an average vet but you can see even he could temper some of Gamboa's activity.

That fat ass Solis I was so not impressed with. That guy is from the MIGHTY Cuba? Get the hell out of here. He is exactly the type of plodding heavyweight I HATE. Fat, outta shape, zero head/torso movement. Some "C" level Heavyweight will take him out in two years and he'll go the way of Jorge Luis Gonzalez..

Hop was good for the most part.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(thehype @ Jan 9 2009, 08:58 PM) [snapback]419675[/snapback]

its funny you say that hype i thought about the same thing when it was going on hype... seemed like he was triing to help him in his own little way... on that subject i have been pretty big on solis and i one to say what i really think about the fighters and i must say i have been wrong to a degree about solis... i think he is a dangerous fighter but he has a lot of polishing he needs to do on his skills and he needs to lose some weight... had burnett been a little more polished he could have won that fight last night, his jab was working and a better fighter very well could have or shall i say would have beaten him... to bad all he had was a descent jab... i think a good fight would be solis vs. kevin "kingpin" johnson... i think the styles match up pretty good...
Blayde
Fat Solis would probably have some big problems with getting in his distance. He makes his US TV debut, there are rumors his weight is his lowest as a pro and the guy comes in heavier than he ever was. Cant believe it... If he keeps carrying all that fat, he wont get anything done at heavyweight. Thats too bad as he obviously showed some talent as an amateur.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Blayde @ Jan 12 2009, 08:17 AM) [snapback]419917[/snapback]
Fat Solis would probably have some big problems with getting in his distance. He makes his US TV debut, there are rumors his weight is his lowest as a pro and the guy comes in heavier than he ever was. Cant believe it... If he keeps carrying all that fat, he wont get anything done at heavyweight. Thats too bad as he obviously showed some talent as an amateur.

kingpin needs to fight someone with a name and you cant knock solis's pedigree as an amateur and solis needs to step up his comp... the fight makes sence to me for espn2 or versus.. cuzz solis needs to learn how to deal with a jab... burnetts jab gave him hell... and kingpins jab i gonna be pumpin all night long.. i think its a good fight..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.