Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WWE Fans
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
streetlion1
Just thought I'd start this one up to see if anyone besides me on here is a fan and because I want to comment on the current state of the biz.

To me its still very entertaining and there are some very good performers but as a whole the talent level of the top guys has gone down in the past 5 or so years. Now true...you have to account for deaths which took young a young up and comer like Owen Hart in 98....or most recently Eddie guerrero and Chris Benoit(Eddie being in my top 5 of all time greats) or the 100 plus others who have died the past 15 years. Also stars like The Rock, and Brock Lesnar moving on or Stone Cold retiring.

The WWE used to do a good job at finding and pushing new stars...now there is next to no one young at all who looks to be the next big thing...besides maybe Randy Orton. Batista will be around a while longer and Chris Jericho is still young enough but those guys are already established. Now they have gay ass Jeff Hardy in the main event picture...HHH who is a good wrestler but only has his spot because he's married to the bosses daughter....and John Cena who is great at working the mic but is garbage as far as wrestling ability. TNA stole a handfull of stars and probably the biz's best in Kurt Angle but again those guys arent new.

The storylines and match-making just isnt the same...either are the in ring performances. From what I get at a wrestling news site....Vince and Shane Mcmahon used to write the stories and make matches.....now its Stephanie and HHH doing it.

Its clear to me things have changed for the worse.....hope they get better soon.

Snoop
Shit I used to be huge on wrestling. I still remember my favorite tag-team match up. It was only one time but it was fucking great. Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior.

I got back into it when Undertaker had his cult and then there was the four called "The Alliance". It was Mankind, Shamrock, Test, and Paul White (The Big Show). And it was just cool to see the mavericks, i.e. Stone Cold, The Rock, come in once and while and see where they would side.

Then there was the whole DX reunion, which I thought was fucking awesome, but I knew they were going to make them hated. They also backstabbed Kane, which was one of my favorite wrestlers at the time. It was interesting how they would play with the public's emotions and really get them into loving or hating certain wrestlers.

Man, WWE storylines used to be really good, now they don't really catch my attention. Maybe because I've grown up (although I was watching it til I was about 18, haha), or the stories have just gotten shittier. Probably a little of both.
Spyder
I don't understand why more MMAers don't do the WWE thing...

Brock Lesnar gave up a multi-million dollar contract to fight for thousands in the octagon...figure that one out...
Snoop
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 16 2009, 03:22 AM) [snapback]420528[/snapback]

Brock Lesnar gave up a multi-million dollar contract to fight for thousands in the octagon...figure that one out...

Shit you only need so much money. Now Brock is the champ (right?). Can't really buy that. Well you can, but...okay fine. Maybe he just wanted to really fight for a change.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 15 2009, 08:22 PM) [snapback]420528[/snapback]

He originally wanted to have a career in the NFL...he played 2 or 3 preseason games for the Vikings. Then he did go back to wrestling but it was in Japan and WWE had some kind of lawsuit against him trying to prevent him from wrestling. Thats when he took up MMA.

I remember seein his interveiw when he was in Vikings training camp and he said what he didnt like about wrestling was the pounding his body would take along with the constant traveling.

I dont blame him. I used to box and also had some wrestling training sessions at a school here in Bloomington....I remember after every session after taking bumps on the mat I could barely walk. I would rather train hard then fight for one night then perform 4 nights a week year round doing what they do.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 15 2009, 08:12 PM) [snapback]420524[/snapback]
I liked wrestling from the late 80's-96 (WWF) and WCW from about 1998-2002. I still watch it here and there and up to date with rosters, but don't really enjoy this type of wrestling.

From those dates it sounds like you were a hulkamaniac....
STEVENSKI
I PVR TNA & skip the junk & that is it. WWE has sucked for a long long time now. TNA is good because it has it's own stars that they brought up who do things that make Jeff Hardy seem like Hogan in the risk taking stakes.

QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 16 2009, 02:22 AM) [snapback]420528[/snapback]

Brock wanted respect & to be a fighter. Good for him I say. he got a shot at the title way too early but hey why did Tyson continue getting shots he never deserved? Because he was marketable.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 15 2009, 10:12 PM) [snapback]420524[/snapback]
I liked wrestling from the late 80's-96 (WWF) and WCW from about 1998-2002. I still watch it here and there and up to date with rosters, but don't really enjoy this type of wrestling.

Same here..I wasn't really into WCW as much but ECW was dope..
JonnyBlaze
You have to watch this..Macho man is too funny..

STEVENSKI
The original ECW had a certain charm about it. Mikey Whipreck & other complete losers like Spike Dudley risking their lifes made it even better.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 16 2009, 01:38 AM) [snapback]420547[/snapback]
I never liked ECW, I always thought it looked really cheap and tacky. It looked poor, but was only popular because people thought they were hardcore and it was violent. Other than the extreme violence, the quality always looked pretty average. But I may be wrong as I never really got into it, it was just my observation from the little I saw.

ECW was poor but they did stunts no other wrestlers were willing to do like jump from the top balcony and jump on a dude and go through a table..They also did do thing like power bomb a dude through a burning table..Some of the stuff looked really real and could be hard to say it wasn't..Yet,we all know that wrestling is fake..The stuff they did in ECW was not all fake though I think..
JonnyBlaze
You'll either think this shit is funny as hell or ya might not like it..I think it's funny as hell..The second one is insane..This is as real as wrestling ever got..This is shit from Japan..The first one is funnier..It's called the IWA..

BigG
I watched Wrestling alot from age 4 or 5 to my early teen years. I stopped following it the last 3 years but I know the big names are still Batista, Cena, Orton.

My favorites ever since I was a child.

Shawn Michaels
Rey Mysterio
The Rock
Undertaker
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Shelton Benjamin
Razor Ramon
Triple H
Al Hata

Like Fitz and Big G, I was a huge WWF fan in the late 80s-early 90s. WCW was alright. I think that was wrestling's prime but I could be wrong, it seems to still have a huge following.

My favorites:

Mr. Perfect
Ultimate Warrior
Razor Ramone
Jake the Snake
Barry Horowitz
Ted Debiase
Bret Hart
Demolition
Brutus the Barber Beefcake

One more thing, anybody remember Wrestlefest the arcade game? Perhaps the GOAT.
streetlion1
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 15 2009, 10:48 PM) [snapback]420539[/snapback]
I PVR TNA & skip the junk & that is it. WWE has sucked for a long long time now. TNA is good because it has it's own stars that they brought up who do things that make Jeff Hardy seem like Hogan in the risk taking stakes.
Brock wanted respect & to be a fighter. Good for him I say. he got a shot at the title way too early but hey why did Tyson continue getting shots he never deserved? Because he was marketable.

IMO...TNA has the better storylines right now but their top guys are stars who were made in WWE minus guys like Samoa Joe. Their X division is the shit though.....I just cant get past their ring for some reason I dont like it. I hope they stay around at least for a while.....but it might be hard because top guys are already jumping or about to jump back to WWE like Christian and Kurt Angle.
BGv2.0
I'm not into wrestling anymore...but I do have two cousins that actually wrestle...one of which actually made it to a pretty respectable level a few years back....and so I know a lot about it's current state despite not really being into it anymore.

I was really into Mid-South back in the day and LOVED early ECW as it reminded me a lot of Mid-South.

The problem with the industry today for sure in relation to the low quality of the WWE is that there is no compitition...and so their product can be total shit and you will just have to swallow it.....because they are the only game in town.

Think about the story lines with the WWF when WCW and ECW was around.....then compare them to when they were first bought out...and then take a look at them now with nobody to force them to provide quality entertainment. It's been a steady decline.

As well as that, the rise of MMA has really taken a chunk out of their recruiting pool.....a lot of guys in their early 20's and up grew up with the rise of MMA....so you have a LOT of talented, well conditioned guys that normally would have gone( or attempted to) onto that industry...going to MMA. People often want to argue about MMA's effects on Boxing.....they should really take a look at what it has done to Wrestling.

But the industry's problems don't just stop there....Fritz is right when he says that the industry is a dirty, vile business. Years ago...it was a dirty little secret that only insiders really knew well. BUT....over the years with reveling documentaries like Beyond the Mat....along with the INSANE number of deaths..those dirty little secrets are starting to make their way out.

From dirty shit in the ring (for sure in Japan...those fuckers are sorry as hell about that BS), to the physical damage it inflicts on a body and to the fucked up "payscale"....it really is in need of either regulation from within (which Vince M. is NEVER going to do) or from the outside...and I think if we keep seeing instances like Chris Benoit....that will eventually take place.

The awful part about the industry is the pay. A lot of people think that WWE guys make a TON of cash.....and some key guys as in Stone Cold or Hulk Hogan do. BUT....for every 1 Rock, there are a BUNCH of mid-low level guys at that same organization that don't make nearly as much. AND....keep in mind All of these guys...including the megastars, are worked like dogs.....they often have to do 5-6 shows per week, about 10-11 months out of the year.

A body, no matter how good of shape you are in, cannot take that. There are a lot of things you can fake in wrestling...but a chair shot to the head or a simple fall on the mat... is not one of them. As a result these guys stay stoved up on pain pills...which often make you tired...so you take the uppers or coke to continue the traveling...and that just starts a vicious cycle that has lead to so many premature deaths.

Take into account that the WWE also makes you pay for your own hotels and food and travel (as in gas)...and it's easy to see how a mid level guy making 150K a year.....really only tops out at about 60 if he's lucky. Also...keep in mind your premiums on health insurance (yet another thing NOT provided by the WWE) tend to go up when you list "pro wrestler" on the occupation section.

It's a really awful industry. AND...the sad part is....there really is no mid-level in any outside organizations....the only mid-level that exists is IF you have already made it in the past and can then ride off on your name...ala Jake Roberts.

You basically have to levels....Indy circuit...witch you can make more mowing yards....or the top of the mountain WWE.....the mid level only exists for guys that made it to the top.

Also....New Jack is a total piece of shit, which is why his career tanked....nobody wants to work with that asshole because he actually tries to fuck you up in the ring.....he's a piece of garbage.

JonnyBlaze
My favorites were

Demolition
Legion of Doom
Bret Hart
Triple H
Hulk Hogan
Macho Man
Mr. Perfect
Psycho Sid
Repo man--aka Smash from Demolition
Jake the Snake
Ultimate Warrior
Powers of Pain
Million dollar man
Adam Bomb---anyone remember him??he was the man!!
JonnyBlaze
Remember these guys??hahahahaha..

Snoop
I went to Wrestlemania XX or XVI, which ever one was in Seattle. The best matchups were Vince McMahon vs Hulk Hogan and the Rock vs Triple H. Those two were fucking great matches.
Fitz
This video is a classic, funny as.

Fitz
Mean Gene can barely keep it in, lol.
stateofthegame
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 17 2009, 11:29 AM) [snapback]420648[/snapback]
I was really into Mid-South back in the day

Finally. This was the golden era for me. Early 80's I would watch Saturday morning cartoons and catch Mid-South at noon. Then I would stay up to 10:30 on Saturday night to watch the show then as well. We would all talk about it on Monday riding the school bus. Good Times.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 17 2009, 10:37 PM) [snapback]420704[/snapback]
Finally. This was the golden era for me. Early 80's I would watch Saturday morning cartoons and catch Mid-South at noon. Then I would stay up to 10:30 on Saturday night to watch the show then as well. We would all talk about it on Monday riding the school bus. Good Times.

Hell yeah! SOOO many guys that went on to become huge stars got their start there.

Ted Debiasi, Jim Duggen, Terry Taylor, Jake Roberts, Psycho Sid (as Lord Humongous)

AND...it's why I went on to love ECW....Mid-South was doing "hardcore" shit well before anybody else in the early 80's.

They would have a gauntlet match, where a big iron glove was at the top of a pole in one of the ring corners.

I loved Mr. Wrestling II and Magnum TA. I also loved Lord Humngous's grudge matches with Jake Roberts and Magnum TA.

There was also a Japanese guy called Misio Ito.....who throw out some crazy throat chop that would make guys choke up blood from their mouths......that dude used to scare the living hell out of me! lol
Mean Mister Mustard
Didn't someone around here once say that the guys who hire for the WWE are gay guys who expect some "Backpay"?
Snoop
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 18 2009, 07:09 AM) [snapback]420818[/snapback]
Didn't someone around here once say that the guys who hire for the WWE are gay guys who expect some "Backpay"?

LOL. WTF?
Fitz
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 18 2009, 05:09 PM) [snapback]420818[/snapback]

Yeah I have heard about that. Pat Patterson was one of the guys I believe. There's a rumour that 'backpay' is how Virgil (Million Dollar Man's manager) got his job with the WWF.
PR316
I was into it alot back in the day.

When it was WWF, I was a huge fan. From 1992 through 2001 were some great years for it but then went down hill. Particularly after guys like Bret Hart, Steve Austin, and Rock left. From 2002 through 2003 it had a nice revival with Benoit, Guerrero, Angle, Mysterio, Edge, and others leading the way. So much more could have been done but the talents weren't used to their best either by Vince McMahon.

I loved WCW and New Japan Wrestling. That was my absolute favorite to watch back then. All of them. The cruiserweight division especially. Liger, Ohtani, Dragon, Samurai, Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, Sasuke, Hayabusa, etc... Just so many insane matches between all of them vs each other that hold up in replay value. Classic single and tag team matches for sure. Every now and then I'm able to catch something now from them and the wrestling is still great, unlike the watered down sports entertainment you see from WWE these days.

Its so sad to see the amount of wrestlers just go crazy and fuk up there lives. Chris Benoit in particular. A really shady industry it seems to be.
PR316
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 16 2009, 07:50 PM) [snapback]420584[/snapback]
IMO...TNA has the better storylines right now but their top guys are stars who were made in WWE minus guys like Samoa Joe. Their X division is the shit though.....I just cant get past their ring for some reason I dont like it. I hope they stay around at least for a while.....but it might be hard because top guys are already jumping or about to jump back to WWE like Christian and Kurt Angle.

I would be very surprised if either went back to WWE..

They work such a lighter schedule on TNA thats less stressful on their minds and bodies, not to mention the politics within WWE. They should both stay in TNA which is about to eclipse WWE's ratings soon enough,.
STEVENSKI
Fitz you still got that gif of Benoit puttin the crippler on his kid. That was some funny shit.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 18 2009, 11:35 PM) [snapback]420918[/snapback]
LOL. WTF?

Oh yes.....there is supposed truth to that whole situation. My cousin has had personal invites from WWE reps for 3 tryouts.....I always joke and ask him if he's sure he can do ALL it takes to FINALLY "make it"! lol

As in blow Vince M!

Vince is a big pole smoker despite being married.....his main baby was the Brooklin Brawler....they were butt buddies for years.

All this shit is easily accessible from various shoot interviews from that one mega company......can't think of the name at the moment.....but it's former CEO was busted for soliciting a minor over the internet.

Right before he passed Hawk from the road warriors talked about what a queer Vince was and how many guys have to service him.
laugh.gif

I mean cum on man laugh.gif ....the whole "sport" is MEGA homoerotic.....guys in speedos grabbing and laying on top of one another....it should not come off as a huge surprise! laugh.gif
Fitz
Snoop
QUOTE(PR316 @ Jan 19 2009, 05:11 AM) [snapback]420928[/snapback]
Its so sad to see the amount of wrestlers just go crazy and fuk up there lives. Chris Benoit in particular. A really shady industry it seems to be.

I agree. From what I've read, Chris Benoit was a real decent guy, but the steroids the industry was forcing him to take to maintain his physical image just made him go fucking nuts.

I think Mickey Rouke came out with a movie about the lives of wrestlers recently. I heard it's pretty good.
PR316
I met Chris Benoit in Orlando back in 2003 and he was a very cool. Took a picture with me and my friends. Huge guy. Not much taller than me, but very wide and muscular.

I think if another situation like that occurs, Vince McMahon and WWE are going to be under a serious watchful eye because the grind that WWE puts their guys through is inhuman. 300 plus days a year on the road up and down just getting your ass kicked, having to live off pain killers and steroids to stay strong, not to mention some other crazy shit that alot of them have been known to do. All that shit just catches up to you someday.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(PR316 @ Jan 19 2009, 01:55 PM) [snapback]420987[/snapback]
I met Chris Benoit in Orlando back in 2003 and he was a very cool. Took a picture with me and my friends. Huge guy. Not much taller than me, but very wide and muscular.
I think if another situation like that occurs, Vince McMahon and WWE are going to be under a serious watchful eye because the grind that WWE puts their guys through is inhuman. 300 plus days a year on the road up and down just getting your ass kicked, having to live off pain killers and steroids to stay strong, not to mention some other crazy shit that alot of them have been known to do. All that shit just catches up to you someday.

If Vince really cared about his employees, he would be doing a whole host of things to help them out.....but at the VERY least he should rotate guys out at 2-3 month intervels. At any one given time he has enough guys to do so. If he would do something as simple as that, you would see the number of deaths lowered. If a guy wrestled 4 months straight....then took off two and then came back for 4.....you would have time for your body to heal and recuperate, which would mean not getting addicted to pain pills, etc.

BUT....I never really feel sorry for anybody that gets caught up in that industry....IMHO it would be like me feeling sorry for a drug dealer that got busted. You know...or at least in today's world....you should know the risks you incur when you go into that industry....so knowing that...it is up to you to avoid the numerous pitfalls that can lead to bad health, death, suicide etc.

I've seen both my cousins go through some horrendous BS.

Mister St. Laurent would be fuming over this thread! lol
Snoop
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 19 2009, 08:46 PM) [snapback]421005[/snapback]
If Vince really cared about his employees, he would be doing a whole host of things to help them out.....but at the VERY least he should rotate guys out at 2-3 month intervels. At any one given time he has enough guys to do so. If he would do something as simple as that, you would see the number of deaths lowered. If a guy wrestled 4 months straight....then took off two and then came back for 4.....you would have time for your body to heal and recuperate, which would mean not getting addicted to pain pills, etc.
BUT....I never really feel sorry for anybody that gets caught up in that industry....IMHO it would be like me feeling sorry for a drug dealer that got busted. You know...or at least in today's world....you should know the risks you incur when you go into that industry....so knowing that...it is up to you to avoid the numerous pitfalls that can lead to bad health, death, suicide etc.

I've seen both my cousins go through some horrendous BS.
Mister St. Laurent would be fuming over this thread! lol

I agree totally that Vince MacMahon should take care of his employees. I mean shit, it's basic ethic principles of a businessman right?

About your "not feeling sorry for them" and the comparison to drug dealers, I have to completely disagree. Drug dealers (depending on what type of drug), make a living off the pain and suffering of others. Wrestlers, who typically come from very impoverished backgrounds, just want to entertain people and make a good living out of it. I don't see how the two can be compared.
stateofthegame
The funny thing is in its hey day, Mid-South was a very big area to work.

It was funny to me that WWF (at the time) made a big deal about Hulk Hogan slamming Andre the Giant when it was clearly a jump move by Andre that allowed it, but earlier in Mid South when Andre came in to assist and Kamala slammed him with no effort and without Andre helping out on the slam. Dude just scooped him up.

Mid south used to have all the big names. Wrestling II (who came out of retirement in 2007 in Hawaii for some reason), Ernie Ladd, Sting, Ultimate Warrior, Rock-n-Roll Express, Midnight Express, JYD.

Anyone remember the Rat Pack with Bourne, Bibiase, and Duggan. Also when Butch Reed came to the ring screaming "I want Bundy" and Bundy came out and whooped him.

Good times indeeed
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 19 2009, 05:14 PM) [snapback]420980[/snapback]
I agree. From what I've read, Chris Benoit was a real decent guy, but the steroids the industry was forcing him to take to maintain his physical image just made him go fucking nuts.

No one makes Chris Benoit do anything. Chris makes Chris do things like kill his missus & kid or take illegal steroids.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 19 2009, 04:03 PM) [snapback]421008[/snapback]
I agree totally that Vince MacMahon should take care of his employees. I mean shit, it's basic ethic principles of a businessman right?

About your "not feeling sorry for them" and the comparison to drug dealers, I have to completely disagree. Drug dealers (depending on what type of drug), make a living off the pain and suffering of others. Wrestlers, who typically come from very impoverished backgrounds, just want to entertain people and make a good living out of it. I don't see how the two can be compared.

I'm not comparing the services they provide mind you....I'm just saying those are chosen routes that any person walking into it SHOULD realize the possible problems that can come from taking that path.

So in that sense....I don't feel sorry for a person that goes that route and crashes and burns....because if you are even half bright....you should have known going in that you needed to stay on your toes to not let the industry get the best of you.

Maybe drug dealer is a bad choice....porn star might be a better comparison.

Hey....my hometown has one of those too!

Meagan Reece used to live behind my parent's house, I wrote her a few months back when I heard what she was doing and told her to be leary of that industry.

Wrestling and porn are both notorious for chewing and spitting people out.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 19 2009, 04:18 PM) [snapback]421011[/snapback]
Wrestling II (who came out of retirement in 2007 in Hawaii for some reason

laugh.gif WTF???? He would have to be damn near 80 now!

I cannot even imagine that.

Remember when Sting and The Ultimate Warrior (Dingo Warrior) were the Blade Runners?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 19 2009, 10:43 PM) [snapback]421025[/snapback]
Meagan Reece used to live behind my parent's house, I wrote her a few months back when I heard what she was doing and told her to be leary of that industry.

See I would have asked her for some free DVD's
Snoop
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 19 2009, 11:43 PM) [snapback]421025[/snapback]
I'm not comparing the services they provide mind you....I'm just saying those are chosen routes that any person walking into it SHOULD realize the possible problems that can come from taking that path.

So in that sense....I don't feel sorry for a person that goes that route and crashes and burns....because if you are even half bright....you should have known going in that you needed to stay on your toes to not let the industry get the best of you.

Maybe drug dealer is a bad choice....porn star might be a better comparison.

Hey....my hometown has one of those too!

Wrestling and porn are both notorious for chewing and spitting people out.

Yeah, pornstars would be a better comparison, although putting together wrestlers, pornstars and that comment about "paying back" in the industry, just makes this a little too uncomfortable. LOL.
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 19 2009, 10:49 PM) [snapback]421020[/snapback]
No one makes Chris Benoit do anything. Chris makes Chris do things like kill his missus & kid or take illegal steroids.

Yes in the end, personal responsibility does play a factor in any scenario. Most drug dealers choose that route because realistically, there are no other viable options to feed themselves or their family, but when they're sitting in prison or dead, perhaps they should have thought more thoroughly.

I guess what I was trying to say was that we shouldn't compare Chris Benoit to drug dealers because he chose a route to make money entertaining people when he very easily could have chosen another one.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 15 2009, 09:12 PM) [snapback]420524[/snapback]

DEAD ON!
Mean Mister Mustard
So let's see, pro wrestling requires you to slam your knees and ass for most of the year with no breaks, you have to train all year long and pump yourself up with stereoids just to be able to have that superman physique? And that is if you were willing to "backpay" your way into the WWE in the first place. I don't know man, I'd choose porn over that, at least there your balls won't shrink.
stateofthegame
yeah, I actually saw Sting and Warrior as the Blade Runners at my local college when they were at Mid-South.

One day I was looking up wrestlers on Wikipedia and read that Mr. Wrestling II deal. It said he actually lives in Hawaii and runs the promotion or something and came out of retirement with the new Mr. Wrestling III to win their tag belts. That had to be funny to watch.

I remember one time in Mid-South when Mr. Wrestling II turned heel and brought in what was perceived to be Mr. Wrestling III (turned out to be Hercules Hernandez R.I.P). Anyway II was out talking smack and said that he was no longer Wrestling II because he had accomplished more than Tim Woods (Mr. Wrestling I) had ever accomplished in pro wrestling and from now on he was Mr. Wrestling and Hernandez was Wrestling II.

To me old wrestling had more believable story lines and most of the time when there was a fued it played out for a long time. See Tommy Rich vs Buzz Sawyer for an example.

Also I recently watched the nine part interview with Ultimate Warrior where he talked about the business from beginning of his career to the end. Even though I think he maybe a whack job, a lot of what he said was very interesting.
Snoop
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 21 2009, 05:25 AM) [snapback]421206[/snapback]
So let's see, pro wrestling requires you to slam your knees and ass for most of the year with no breaks, you have to train all year long and pump yourself up with stereoids just to be able to have that superman physique? And that is if you were willing to "backpay" your way into the WWE in the first place. I don't know man, I'd choose porn over that, at least there your balls won't shrink.

Well are you talking about you would choose porn if you were a woman over being a male in wrestling, or you'd be a male pornstar? Cuz shit, I think A LOT of people would trade what they're doing now to be a male pornstar.
JonnyBlaze
Other dope guys back then that no one mentioned was Texas Tornado,Big Bossman,and the British Bulldog off the top of my head..
BGv2.0
Who the hell is this MMA freak with the vampire teeth that I always see on the front page?

He looks like King Leonidus with vampire teeth.

Snoop
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 22 2009, 06:27 AM) [snapback]421356[/snapback]
Who the hell is this MMA freak with the vampire teeth that I always see on the front page?

He looks like King Leonidus with vampire teeth.

I think that's Andre Arlovski, who is about to be KTFO this Saturday...
BGv2.0
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 22 2009, 01:31 AM) [snapback]421358[/snapback]
I think that's Andre Arlovski, who is about to be KTFO this Saturday...

If that dude is bringing crazy crap like that into MMA....it really is the new "wrestling" for this generation.

There was some lame ass at WWE years ago that did that same crap...always wore frilly shirts too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.