Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For my boy CEO
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
STEVENSKI
UK Sun article on Hitman Hatton.

CEO would love to see Hatton in his natural environment grappling & mauling rather than in a ring.

By ALI MARTIN

Published: 18 Dec 2008

RICKY HATTON claims he would be tempted by a stint in the UFC — but admits talk of a switch is unlikely.
The boxing star was spotted ringside at UFC 91, sharing a joke with lightweight champion BJ Penn.

And his appearance at the Las Vegas showpiece sparked fanciful rumours The Hitman was considering a move into Mixed Martial Arts.

But Hatton claims his own future still lies in the boxing ring, and not the octagon.

He said: “You can never say no — MMA is a little bit brutal, and I’d say I’m a brutal fighter.

“But boxing is very much my sport and I’d like to think I have a few more years in that yet.”

The rise of MMA — and the UFC in particular — has seen some pundits claim it will overtake boxing as the world's No1 combat sport.

But despite huge admiration for boxing’s rival, Hatton sees no reason the two cannot co-exist.

He added: “I don’t think it’s a threat. Boxing is boxing — they are two different sports.

“The guys in MMA now aren’t the big bully types that wrestle in the corners like when they started out.

“These are trained athletes who get well paid.

“And boxing can certainly learn from the UFC in terms of how to put a show on.

“They always have music blaring and big screens with footage of the fighters before they come out.

“But they are different sports.”
The CEO
Hell yeah!....after he gets blitzed by Pacquiao, he might as well get in there with the winner of Penn-GSP....he could secure a legacy that way....being known as the guy who got embarrassed and Owned by top P4Pers for a living......or as he'll put it...."ONLY losing to da best of da best."...
D-MARV
"AFTER HE BEATS PACQUIAO" he should stay and Unify 140. I want to see Bradley-Hatton.
stillperpetuallygrooving
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 16 2009, 11:37 AM) [snapback]420570[/snapback]
"AFTER HE BEATS PACQUIAO" he should stay and Unify 140. I want to see Bradley-Hatton.

so wait, damarvelousone, you think hatton will take out pac-man?

thats a bold and respectable pick, for i think the fight will be close, and not by any means a blowout by pacman...i think hatton might edge out a close decision, or possibly a tko...but then again, you just cant pick against manny at his best...i dont know...
stillperpetuallygrooving
oh yeah, wtf is up with your quote? hahaha who the fuck still talks about marciano and joe fucking louis? haha yes its fun to watch and reminisce old great fights...but i have never heard ANYONE that says marciano was better than louis...YES, he did KNOCK HIS ASS STRAIGHT THE FUCK OUT, and made him look like a pathetic old bitch...BUT, there is no doubt that louis had a slightly more impressive career...yes yes you and other black boxing militants always have an excuse about how louis was old and not in his prime, blah, blah, blah...hopkins proved that there is no such thing as prime...skill is skill and toughness is toughness...and marciano KNOCKED HIM STRAIGHT THE FUCK OUT...but yeahhhh, boxing is really dominated by people of african descent now-a-days....HAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Jan 16 2009, 12:19 PM) [snapback]420576[/snapback]
oh yeah, wtf is up with your quote? hahaha who the fuck still talks about marciano and joe fucking louis? haha yes its fun to watch and reminisce old great fights...but i have never heard ANYONE that says marciano was better than louis...YES, he did KNOCK HIS ASS STRAIGHT THE FUCK OUT, and made him look like a pathetic old bitch...BUT, there is no doubt that louis had a slightly more impressive career...yes yes you and other black boxing militants always have an excuse about how louis was old and not in his prime, blah, blah, blah...hopkins proved that there is no such thing as prime...skill is skill and toughness is toughness...and marciano KNOCKED HIM STRAIGHT THE FUCK OUT...but yeahhhh, boxing is really dominated by people of african descent now-a-days....HAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

you aren't an Eddie Murphy fan are you
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Jan 16 2009, 12:19 PM) [snapback]420576[/snapback]

The movie "Coming To America" from 1988.
Snoop
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 16 2009, 11:01 PM) [snapback]420593[/snapback]
The movie "Coming To America" from 1988.

That movie and especially that scene is fucking CLASSIC.
Snoop
I think Hatton, or any boxer for that matter, will get fucked up in the octagon is they make a straight transition into UFC. Hatton probably not as bad as others since he fucking wrestling in the ring anyways.
JLUVBABY

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 16 2009, 06:36 PM) [snapback]420609[/snapback]
That movie and especially that scene is fucking CLASSIC.

Hell yeah!!! I still remember seeing that movie at a matinee with my brother and cousin. Back then is when I started boxing, and knew very little about the sport. So at that time I couldn't really appreciate what they were talking about, cause I did not know who the fuck those guys were laugh.gif( though it was still hilarious to hear them argueing). To think Eddie Murphy dropped off the radar, and now Samuel Jackson is like everywhere these days.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(stillperpetuallygrooving @ Jan 16 2009, 01:19 PM) [snapback]420576[/snapback]

Pointless post..Stupid too..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Jan 16 2009, 11:17 PM) [snapback]420640[/snapback]
Pointless post..Stupid too..

thank you jonny.. i wasnt gonna say anything i'm glad you did...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Jan 17 2009, 02:13 AM) [snapback]420645[/snapback]
thank you jonny.. i wasnt gonna say anything i'm glad you did...

For sure..It needed to be said..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Jan 17 2009, 01:17 AM) [snapback]420657[/snapback]
For sure..It needed to be said..

both of those guys are great fighters and deserved to be talked about till there is no more boxing... in my opinion... i hate it when ignorant people rant and rave...
AussieLad
Hatton vs Pac is basically dead in the water over money disputes, so hatton is free to move over to the UFC and choked into oblivion.

GSP is too big for hatton, they would never get in the ring because of the weight difference. Penn is a little to big also, hatton would have to beef up a bit, few more english breakfasts and he will be ready. Hatton is more in the class of urijah faber and jens pulver, either one should give him brain damage fairly easily

Who is hattons likely opponent going to be if the pac fight does fall through?

Is the writer pictured in the article below hattons gay twin?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/gareth_a._davies
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Jan 17 2009, 04:09 PM) [snapback]420678[/snapback]
Hatton vs Pac is basically dead in the water over money disputes, so hatton is free to move over to the UFC and choked into oblivion.

GSP is too big for hatton, they would never get in the ring because of the weight difference. Penn is a little to big also, hatton would have to beef up a bit, few more english breakfasts and he will be ready. Hatton is more in the class of urijah faber and jens pulver, either one should give him brain damage fairly easily

Who is hattons likely opponent going to be if the pac fight does fall through?

Is the writer pictured in the article below hattons gay twin?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/gareth_a._davies

i think its a shame these fighters baulk over a multi million dollar payday when there are people in this world diing of hunger etc... i have a few philipino friends here where i am at and i know what its like there and manny shouldnt be trippin over a 50/50 split when many of his countrymen live in the 3rd world... the money he can make in this fight is more than just about any other fight out there for him... if the fight falls through what ever respect i had for him is out the window... he beat a weight drained hoya it doesnt make him a world beater and personally i dont think he's number 1 p4p... i think pac knows he's not supposed to be fighting guys this big and wants to compensated in case he loses, he knows one of these bigger guys is gonna have his number... its the only excuse that makes scence to me... 50/50 split plus a percentage of ppv in a fight like this and my goodness that is multi multi millions.... maybe manny dont really want this fight?.. maybe manny knows ricky hatton is coming to fight and is not gonna be the push over hoya was?.. thats the way i'm seeing it.
Fitz
I don't know a great deal about MMA, but something tells me that having midget limbs on a human body might not bode well for him in holding situations while on the ground.
Snoop
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Jan 17 2009, 11:46 PM) [snapback]420684[/snapback]
i think its a shame these fighters baulk over a multi million dollar payday when there are people in this world diing of hunger etc... i have a few philipino friends here where i am at and i know what its like there and manny shouldnt be trippin over a 50/50 split when many of his countrymen live in the 3rd world... the money he can make in this fight is more than just about any other fight out there for him... if the fight falls through what ever respect i had for him is out the window... he beat a weight drained hoya it doesnt make him a world beater and personally i dont think he's number 1 p4p... i think pac knows he's not supposed to be fighting guys this big and wants to compensated in case he loses, he knows one of these bigger guys is gonna have his number... its the only excuse that makes scence to me... 50/50 split plus a percentage of ppv in a fight like this and my goodness that is multi multi millions.... maybe manny dont really want this fight?.. maybe manny knows ricky hatton is coming to fight and is not gonna be the push over hoya was?.. thats the way i'm seeing it.

Well to be fair, many of the fighters that come from impoverished countries, go back and help their communities i.e. Ike Quartey, so maybe Pacquaio is bitching about the money for that.

But for whatever reason, it would be foolish to cancel the fight for the purse split because nobody would get paid, moreso for Hatton, but even Pacquaio because a match with any of the other fighters mentioned earlier, wouldn't generate nearly as much revenue as a Hatton fight would.
Thegreatequalizer
no way! ricky fatton can pull a james toney and then beat brock lesner for the title!

also, "his mama called him clay, i'm gonna call him clay!"
Snoop
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Jan 18 2009, 12:26 AM) [snapback]420695[/snapback]
also, "his mama called him clay, i'm gonna call him clay!"

There was some real animosity between Fraizer and Ali.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 17 2009, 06:02 PM) [snapback]420700[/snapback]
There was some real animosity between Fraizer and Ali.

frazier till this day despises ali..
Snoop
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Jan 19 2009, 10:16 AM) [snapback]420953[/snapback]
frazier till this day despises ali..

Yeah I remember him saying something along the lines of, "What goes around, comes around" when asked about Ali's parkinsons.
STEVENSKI
He also said he would kick his arse again. I would like to see that & watch Joe put a vengeful beatdown on Clay slow & methodical like.
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 19 2009, 10:54 PM) [snapback]421022[/snapback]
He also said he would kick his arse again. I would like to see that & watch Joe put a vengeful beatdown on Clay slow & methodical like.

Man you gotta really hate a man if you're willing to beat him while he has Parkinsons.
STEVENSKI
I can understand how angry Joe still is. Ali was playing a very dangerous game with his extreme racist views. Calling Frazier a uncle tom in the time of the Black Panthers & major unrest is disgraceful. If my family had been affected like Joe's was I would want to hurt the instigator of it all badly no matter how sick he is.
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 20 2009, 12:30 AM) [snapback]421041[/snapback]
I can understand how angry Joe still is. Ali was playing a very dangerous game with his extreme racist views. Calling Frazier a uncle tom in the time of the Black Panthers & major unrest is disgraceful. If my family had been affected like Joe's was I would want to hurt the instigator of it all badly no matter how sick he is.

I think at the time Ali was too caught up with the ideology of the Nation of Islam. I think, moreso hope, if you asked him today, he would say he took the comments to Frazier a little too far.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 19 2009, 11:32 PM) [snapback]421043[/snapback]
I think at the time Ali was too caught up with the ideology of the Nation of Islam. I think, moreso hope, if you asked him today, he would say he took the comments to Frazier a little too far.

Too little too late. His extremist views & high profile influenced a lot of people & he not only condoned racism but actively encouraged it. Deplorable but some will "justify" it by saying he was "oppressed" when in actuality he was well looked after by a white business syndicate once he was a gold medallist & wanted for nothing.
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 20 2009, 01:49 AM) [snapback]421069[/snapback]
Too little too late. His extremist views & high profile influenced a lot of people & he not only condoned racism but actively encouraged it. Deplorable but some will "justify" it by saying he was "oppressed" when in actuality he was well looked after by a white business syndicate once he was a gold medallist & wanted for nothing.

But can you really hate him for not wanting to go to the Vietnam War when his reason was because he didn't believe in killing people?

Racism and all that aside, I think that took a lot of guts and integrity to give up all that comes with being the Heavyweight champ to stand by his ideals.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 20 2009, 12:53 AM) [snapback]421070[/snapback]
But can you really hate him for not wanting to go to the Vietnam War when his reason was because he didn't believe in killing people?

Racism and all that aside, I think that took a lot of guts and integrity to give up all that comes with being the Heavyweight champ to stand by his ideals.

No no I admire his stance on that & think he was right about Nam.

It would have been nice if he did go purely to boost the morale of extremely stressed soldiers in Nam though. The live shows that were put on really helped lift the soldiers spirits.
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 20 2009, 02:37 AM) [snapback]421094[/snapback]
No no I admire his stance on that & think he was right about Nam.

It would have been nice if he did go purely to boost the morale of extremely stressed soldiers in Nam though. The live shows that were put on really helped lift the soldiers spirits.

True. Never thought about it that way. But I think he would say that "boosting morale" would have only prolonged a war that he was so clearly against.
STEVENSKI
I look at it like WWE going to Iraq & entertaining the troops. They have a great time & help soldiers doing a very difficult job escape from the realities of the war.
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 20 2009, 02:49 AM) [snapback]421097[/snapback]
I look at it like WWE going to Iraq & entertaining the troops. They have a great time & help soldiers doing a very difficult job escape from the realities of the war.

Good point. I guess we can just say there is no "right" answer here.
STEVENSKI
RIGHT
stillperpetuallygrooving
ME IGNORANT?!? im not the one with a fucking quote that has racial undertones....damarvelousone is obviously trying to say that black boxers are better than white boxers, HAHAH WHICH IS NOT TRUE AT ALL...seriously, damarvelousone, go to the boxing ratings and PLEASE PLLLEAEAASEEE tell me that there are more highly rated boxers of african descent than there are boxers with WHITE SKIN...and yes, teh klitschko's are CAUCASIAN...actually, if you really want to get down to it, mexican and other latin american boxers have more white features than black features....but just straight up white vs. black...THERE ARE EXPONENTIALLY more white boxers in contention and belt holders than black boxers...matta'a'fact, outside of paul williams, b-hop(who is basically retired anyway), and shane mosely, there ARE NONE...well i guess nate campbell, haha but as soon as that old fuck MANS THE FUCK UP and actually fights a contender, rather than this bum in his next fight, he will be off the list and right back to the ghetto with his 9 kids out of wedlock, just like holyfield....seriously, has anyone noticed that nate campbell has not fought ANYONE that is worth a fuck since he won his belts...

bottom line, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE GREAT WHITE HYPE anymore in boxing...we are the dominant ones now....hahaha i think after pavlik FUCKING OWNED jermain taylor twice that myth was put to rest...and yes i know b-hop destroyed him, but that was not at pavliks weight class, not making excuses, b-hop is the better boxer...HAHAH BUT HE DIDNT KNOCK PAVLIK OUT LIKE PAVLIK DID TO JERMAIN!! HAHAHA look at all the black peoples faces in the crowd, HAHAHAHAH poor bastards...pavlik bitched his punk ass STRAIGHT TO THE FUCKING MAT...HAHAHAH...

but yeah seriously can someone rebut my argument that there are more white champions and contenders than blacks>? HAHAH THATS WHAT THE FUCK I THOUGHT...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.