Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glass Beard Greats
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Thegreatequalizer
thinking about amir khan's loss, has anyone ever come back from a 1st (or early) round knock out to go on to become a legit champ or great? early losses, like their first couple of fights don't count. can anyone think of anyone?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Jan 17 2009, 06:16 PM) [snapback]420693[/snapback]
thinking about amir khan's loss, has anyone ever come back from a 1st (or early) round knock out to go on to become a legit champ or great? early losses, like their first couple of fights don't count. can anyone think of anyone?

Oliver McCall KO'd Lennox in 2
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Jan 17 2009, 05:16 PM) [snapback]420693[/snapback]

thomas hearns got two peiced by iran barkley and came back to cement his legacy...

roberto duran got ktfo by hearns and came back to have some great wins an show why he was the man...

lil mac took one on the chin against piston hurricane and came back to beat super macho man for the title... made a comeback and beat tyson...

and came back again and had his biggest victory to date... lil macs last fight!!!
Lil-lightsout
Terry Norris got KTFO by Julian Jackson in 2 rounds, and came back to accomplish great things in boxing. Simon Brown also KO'd him(Norris) in there first fight, and Norris beat him handily in the rematch.
stateofthegame
That Lil Mac deal is awesome. Too bad Glass Joe is not alive today to see it.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 17 2009, 10:50 PM) [snapback]420801[/snapback]
That Lil Mac deal is awesome. Too bad Glass Joe is not alive today to see it.

yeah poor guy couldn't stay away from the heroin...
neophyte7
Hearns legacy was intact even with Barkley KOIng him---
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Jan 18 2009, 11:24 AM) [snapback]420852[/snapback]
Hearns legacy was intact even with Barkley KOIng him---

you can say that but he still came back with some signature wins afterwards... this is not about a legacy thread i thought its about fighters who get kayoed and comes back what about lil mac nobody gives hiim any credit anymore, the damn heroin....
Big Slim Sweet
Wlad-Sanders?
STEVENSKI
Andrew Golota

Came back from brutal Lennox KO1
to
Tyson KO 2
to
Brewster KO 1

What a champion.
BigG
Norris came to mind. He had a suspect chin for sure but he went on to be Champ at 154, giving beatdowns to Leonard, Meldrick Taylor, Donald Curry, etc.
BigG
Anthony Mundine was knocked out by hard punching Sven Ottke early in his career and went on to beat the likes Sam Soliman and Danny Green.
Big Slim Sweet
I think Kassim Ouma was blasted early in his career and came back to win a title.
STEVENSKI
Roy jones Jr

Got stretched bigtime by Tarver

Manned up & fought Johnson & got stretched again

Lost every real fight he took since.

Oh sorry this was about guys who came back & did something more than have sham PPV's after a brutal KO.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 18 2009, 06:16 PM) [snapback]420882[/snapback]
Norris came to mind. He had a suspect chin for sure but he went on to be Champ at 154, giving beatdowns to Leonard, Meldrick Taylor, Donald Curry, etc.

biggeorge leonard curry and taylor where shot fighters when he fought them...
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 19 2009, 02:33 AM) [snapback]420892[/snapback]
Roy jones Jr

Got stretched bigtime by Tarver

Manned up & fought Johnson & got stretched again

Lost every real fight he took since.

Oh sorry this was about guys who came back & did something more than have sham PPV's after a brutal KO.

LOL. And the Jones hate continues...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Jan 18 2009, 09:18 PM) [snapback]420899[/snapback]
biggeorge leonard curry and taylor where shot fighters when he fought them...

And Meldrick Taylor should never have went up in weight for that fight, plus he was never the same after Chavez.
Though Norris did have some quality wins, just not the ones you mentioned BG.

Also BG, I already mentioned Norris earlier in this thread. Try to be original and think of another fighter on your own. laugh.gif Just messing with you.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 19 2009, 02:38 AM) [snapback]420905[/snapback]
LOL. And the Jones hate continues...

It is always on gas mark 4 just simmering away & occasionally bubbles over in a Jones thread.
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 19 2009, 04:27 AM) [snapback]420913[/snapback]
It is always on gas mark 4 just simmering away & occasionally bubbles over in a Jones thread.

Just out of curiosity, when will this thirst for the downfall of Jones be finally quenched?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 19 2009, 03:32 AM) [snapback]420916[/snapback]
Just out of curiosity, when will this thirst for the downfall of Jones be finally quenched?

When he is dead it may die down but I doubt it. He should get a LCD TV put on his tombstone showing a constant highlight loop of his brutal losses.
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 19 2009, 04:45 AM) [snapback]420923[/snapback]
When he is dead it may die down but I doubt it. He should get a LCD TV put on his tombstone showing a constant highlight loop of his brutal losses.

LOL. Jesus man, are you being serious? What'd he do to make you wish death on him, or anyone for that matter?
STEVENSKI
Man you damm well know what he did to me. He hit me with the chicken punch. I don't know about you but that was pretty damm embarassing when you are picking up trash & people throw rubber chickens at you. It builds resentment up. I'll fight him again but he is too scared to give me a rematch.
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 19 2009, 05:19 AM) [snapback]420931[/snapback]
Man you damm well know what he did to me. He hit me with the chicken punch. I don't know about you but that was pretty damm embarassing when you are picking up trash & people throw rubber chickens at you. It builds resentment up. I'll fight him again but he is too scared to give me a rematch.

LOL. My bad. Didn't know about that shit.
STEVENSKI
Man I tell you I was the #1 contender & he caught me with a lucky punch in a fight I was dominating. he never gave me a rematch or nothin.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 18 2009, 09:45 PM) [snapback]420923[/snapback]

lol...damn....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.