Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DiBella eyes Berto-Collazo rematch later this year
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
thehype
DIBELLA EYES BERTO-COLLAZO REMATCH LATER THIS YEAR

Another tough fight against a highly regarded opponent, another disputed decision and disappointing loss. This has become a recurring theme in the professional career of Luis Collazo. The former WBA welterweight champion was determined to regain a world belt Saturday night in Biloxi, Mississippi, where he faced current WBC titleholder Andre Berto. After a back-and-forth affair, Collazo found himself on the short end of a unanimous decision.

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content4149.html

JLUVBABY
QUOTE(thehype @ Jan 18 2009, 02:39 PM) [snapback]420863[/snapback]
DIBELLA EYES BERTO-COLLAZO REMATCH LATER THIS YEAR

Another tough fight against a highly regarded opponent, another disputed decision and disappointing loss. This has become a recurring theme in the professional career of Luis Collazo. The former WBA welterweight champion was determined to regain a world belt Saturday night in Biloxi, Mississippi, where he faced current WBC titleholder Andre Berto. After a back-and-forth affair, Collazo found himself on the short end of a unanimous decision.

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content4149.html

its a good rematch in a time when there are far too many rematches... some think collazo got robbed some think berto eeked it out... i just hope they both have another fight before it happens...
Snoop
I think Collazo was dead on in his interview. It should have been 114-113 all across the board for either guy. 111-116 was fucking ridiculous.

Collazo's a pretty classy guy. Took the loss in stride.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 18 2009, 07:46 PM) [snapback]420887[/snapback]
I think Collazo was dead on in his interview. It should have been 114-113 all across the board for either guy. 111-116 was fucking ridiculous.

Collazo's a pretty classy guy. Took the loss in stride.

I agree. I was impressed with the class he showed. I noticed that as soon as the final bell sounded, Collazo tried to acknowledge to Berto what a great fight and show him some respect, Berto immediately turned his back on Collazo and walked away. I was initially pissed off that Berto did that, but later they it seemed Berto was giving him respect.
Snoop
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 19 2009, 04:26 AM) [snapback]420912[/snapback]
I agree. I was impressed with the class he showed. I noticed that as soon as the final bell sounded, Collazo tried to acknowledge to Berto what a great fight and show him some respect, Berto immediately turned his back on Collazo and walked away. I was initially pissed off that Berto did that, but later they it seemed Berto was giving him respect.

Yeah they seemed to exchange their respects rights before the decision was announced.
slap
I don't think there should be a rematch berto came out with the win in his first step up in class so he should keep stepping up. Bertos next fight should be vs clotty or cintron or maybe even carlos quintana
Snoop
QUOTE(slap @ Jan 19 2009, 05:15 AM) [snapback]420929[/snapback]
I don't think there should be a rematch berto came out with the win in his first step up in class so he should keep stepping up. Bertos next fight should be vs clotty or cintron or maybe even carlos quintana

If Berto wants to take that route, he could very well justify it as many fighters have done that in the past. BUT, if Berto wants to be a decent guy and truly respected fighter, he will give Collazo a rematch to prove definitively that he beat him. Kind of like how Mayweather gave JLC an immediate rematch. Funny, given the other topic going on.
JLUVBABY
the only problem with an immediate rematch is that there are already too many rematches taking place these days... looks like every time there is a close fight they make a rematch these days and rematches are nice but lets see these guys in with a diffrent face first... in the old days you lost the title or your bid for the title and you had to earn that right again close fight or not... they saved immediate rematches for very contreversial fights and this is not the worst decision i've seen... yes i had the fight for collazo by 1 round but it could have gone either way... for goodness sake let them fight other people first...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I would love to see a rematch between these two. Who wouldn't? That was a great fight fight, and regardless of how you scored it, they should do it again. I don't want to see Berto fight another set up opponent on HBO, and I don't want to see Collazo going back to fighting on the undercards off tv. Let these two fight again, and lets see another great fight. Both guys are contenders in the welterweight division. I don't want to see a rematch because it was a controversial decision because the decision wasn't controversial to me. It was a close fight that had a lot of action.
Douchebag
If Collazo had any power he would have gotten Berto out of there. This kid is being overhyped to the fullest I don't see him getting past the like of Kermit Cintron to tell you the truth.
Snoop
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 19 2009, 05:43 PM) [snapback]420974[/snapback]
If Collazo had any power he would have gotten Berto out of there. This kid is being overhyped to the fullest I don't see him getting past the like of Kermit Cintron to tell you the truth.

I don't think he's being overhyped at all. Nobody here is clamoring for Collazo/Pacquiao, Collazo/Mayweather, or saying things like he'd destroy the likes of Margarito, Cotto, or even Cintron for that matter. At least from what I've seen, people have just been evaluating him based off this one performance against Berto which I think people are very justified in doing.

Also, nobody said he had great power. Seriously, where are you getting these conclusions? Is there another thread where this is being said? All people are saying is that Collazo is a solid boxer with a lot of heart, and yeah, he gets screwed in fights (i.e. Hatton).
JLUVBABY
its hard for me to call this fight a screw job.. after watching the fight again it was a damn close fight... collazo was a lot flashier with his shoe shines but over all berto landed the harder blows... i scored it 114-113 collazo but the fight could have gone either way in my opinion.
Snoop
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Jan 19 2009, 06:14 PM) [snapback]420981[/snapback]
its hard for me to call this fight a screw job.. after watching the fight again it was a damn close fight... collazo was a lot flashier with his shoe shines but over all berto landed the harder blows... i scored it 114-113 collazo but the fight could have gone either way in my opinion.

Yeah I actually agree with you. I wouldn't call it a screw job, well except for that 111-116 fight. I mean he definitely didn't get screwed but why not a rematch? Close fight, good action, why not? Hatton had also promised Collazo a rematch but that never happened (perhaps because Hatton moved back down), but I guess that's what I meant by Collazo getting screwed. He just can't catch a break.
D-MARV
I would like to see Berto move on and unify. I would love to see Berto in there with Cotto or Clottey.
BigG
I want to see Berto do that next year..this year I want to see a Collaz rematch and another fight with another top 10 type opponent.
Douchebag
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 19 2009, 11:57 AM) [snapback]420975[/snapback]
I don't think he's being overhyped at all. Nobody here is clamoring for Collazo/Pacquiao, Collazo/Mayweather, or saying things like he'd destroy the likes of Margarito, Cotto, or even Cintron for that matter. At least from what I've seen, people have just been evaluating him based off this one performance against Berto which I think people are very justified in doing.

Also, nobody said he had great power. Seriously, where are you getting these conclusions? Is there another thread where this is being said? All people are saying is that Collazo is a solid boxer with a lot of heart, and yeah, he gets screwed in fights (i.e. Hatton).

I was talking about Berto being overhyped.
Douchebag
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 19 2009, 01:27 PM) [snapback]420989[/snapback]

Collazo got robbed imo. Keep in mind that he had not one but two 10-8 rounds in his favor as well as winning most of the rounds imo. The only clear rounds that went to Berto where the 6, 7 and 12.
Snoop
I know you were. That's why I addressed how my opinion differs

QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 19 2009, 05:43 PM) [snapback]420974[/snapback]
If Collazo had any power he would have gotten Berto out of there.

I guess I interpreted this as talking about Collazo's power. Maybe that wasn't your intention but you have to admit, you look like you're talking about that too.
JLUVBABY
i had to say this too a lil off subject but there was some comparisons of berto with meldrick taylor... berto aint no taylor.. taylor was a beast before he ran into chavez... taylor would have ripped collazo to shreds..
Snoop
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Jan 19 2009, 09:04 PM) [snapback]421009[/snapback]
i had to say this too a lil off subject but there was some comparisons of berto with meldrick taylor... berto aint no taylor.. taylor was a beast before he ran into chavez... taylor would have ripped collazo to shreds..

Agreed. Although maybe they meant he could be like a Meldrick Taylor. Maybe too soon to tell though.
thehype
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 19 2009, 11:57 AM) [snapback]420975[/snapback]

Are you sure you knew he was talking about Berto being overhyped? Seems like you thought he was talking about Collazo being overhyped. LOL.

For the record, I think when HBO takes the time to do a 15-minute promo before the fight for a fighter talking about their hard upbringing and how they got to where they are while only giving the other fighter a 2-minute interview...well...to me it certainly seems like they're trying to hype him up (especially when they show a graphic of the elite welterweights in the division and he's included in that graphic).

In short, in my opinion, Berto is overhyped while Collazo is underhyped.

If they were equally hyped, I'd have no issue with it.

laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE(thehype @ Jan 20 2009, 02:18 AM) [snapback]421079[/snapback]
Are you sure you knew he was talking about Berto being overhyped? Seems like you thought he was talking about Collazo being overhyped. LOL.

For the record, I think when HBO takes the time to do a 15-minute promo before the fight for a fighter talking about their hard upbringing and how they got to where they are while only giving the other fighter a 2-minute interview...well...to me it certainly seems like they're trying to hype him up (especially when they show a graphic of the elite welterweights in the division and he's included in that graphic).

In short, in my opinion, Berto is overhyped while Collazo is underhyped.

If they were equally hyped, I'd have no issue with it.

laugh.gif

HAHA. Oh shit, I completely read that wrong. My bad to the original poster.

And I agree with the under and over hypeness.
Snoop
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 19 2009, 07:27 PM) [snapback]420989[/snapback]

Fuck man, my bad bro. I read your responses wrong both times. LOL.
thehype
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 19 2009, 08:21 PM) [snapback]421082[/snapback]
Fuck man, my bad bro. I read your responses wrong both times. LOL.

LOL

laugh.gif

I thought you might have read that wrong. I was thinking to myself, "damn...is snoopnick drunk or something?"

LOL
Snoop
QUOTE(thehype @ Jan 20 2009, 02:25 AM) [snapback]421087[/snapback]
LOL

laugh.gif

I thought you might have read that wrong. I was thinking to myself, "damn...is snoopnick drunk or something?"

LOL

Nah. Just studying for the LSATs. Kind of getting used to glancing over statements. Spent my whole day debating with you fucks though! LOL
neophyte7
Berto may end up in early retirement if he faces Clottey... I see no logical reasoning that points to how this monkey ass hype job who was nearly knocked through the ropes by the light hitting Collazo, beating a physical monster like Clottey--- he gets his ass kicked
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.