Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Create a Boxer
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Box in Hand
Ok, I always read articles about what folks don't like about fighters. For instance, Mayweather dances too much or Hopkins starts to slow or Klitszcho is all jab and no action. My question is, if you can create the perfect boxer what attributes would they have. Here's my perfect boxer. Note: I know we'll never see this type of person but oh well it's something to think about.

1. Mayweather's Shoulder Roll (Damn near impregnable)
2. Ali's mind games (He is so good that Joe Frasier still hates him to this day)
3. Marciano's will (Even superior figthers bent to his will)
4. Winky Wright's jab (Broke Trinidad apart and nearly toppled Taylor)
5. Young Roy Jones Speed (Just haven't seen anyone that fast ever)
6. Hopkins Ring Intelligence (Watch the Trinidad fight, most beautiful dismantling of a world class fighter I've ever seen)
7. Sugar Ray Robinson's killer Instinct (How can I not take something from the G.O.A.T)
Douchebag
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Jan 21 2009, 11:32 AM) [snapback]421257[/snapback]
Ok, I always read articles about what folks don't like about fighters. For instance, Mayweather dances too much or Hopkins starts to slow or Klitszcho is all jab and no action. My question is, if you can create the perfect boxer what attributes would they have. Here's my perfect boxer. Note: I know we'll never see this type of person but oh well it's something to think about.

1. Mayweather's Shoulder Roll (Damn near impregnable)
2. Ali's mind games (He is so good that Joe Frasier still hates him to this day)
3. Marciano's will (Even superior figthers bent to his will)
4. Winky Wright's jab (Broke Trinidad apart and nearly toppled Taylor)
5. Young Roy Jones Speed (Just haven't seen anyone that fast ever)
6. Hopkins Ring Intelligence (Watch the Trinidad fight, most beautiful dismantling of a world class fighter I've ever seen)
7. Sugar Ray Robinson's killer Instinct (How can I not take something from the G.O.A.T)

I would add:

Hagler's Chin
Toney's Counterpunching
Tyson's Power
Box in Hand
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 21 2009, 11:12 AM) [snapback]421268[/snapback]
I would add:

Hagler's Chin
Toney's Counterpunching
Tyson's Power

Dang, how could I forget that chin thing. All the skill in the world is nothing without being able to take it on the button. Yeah, Toney was sick with his counterpunching and what a monster some Tyson power would be.
JLUVBABY
To me the perfect heavyweight would have the heigth and build of lennox lewis, an 84 inch or greater reach, the chin of ike ibeabuchi, the jab of sonny liston, the k.o power of iron mike, ring smarts of evander holyfield and the legs of muhamad ali... this great fighters heart would come from larry holmes... his defense would come from jack johnson...
PUERTOROCKS
Ali -footwork
Holmes- jab
Hagler- chin
Chavez- pressure
Ward- left hook to the body
Hopkins- defense and ring smarts
SRR- power
speed- Tyson
Holyfield- heart
Box in Hand
QUOTE(PUERTOROCKS @ Jan 21 2009, 11:59 AM) [snapback]421273[/snapback]
Ali -footwork
Holmes- jab
Hagler- chin
Chavez- pressure
Ward- left hook to the body
Hopkins- defense and ring smarts
SRR- power
speed- Tyson
Holyfield- heart

Ooh, I like your pick for pressure. Chavez was an animal when it came to pressure. Good picks.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Jan 21 2009, 11:58 AM) [snapback]421272[/snapback]
To me the perfect heavyweight would have the heigth and build of lennox lewis, an 84 inch or greater reach, the chin of ike ibeabuchi, the jab of sonny liston, the k.o power of iron mike, ring smarts of evander holyfield and the legs of muhamad ali... this great fighters heart would come from larry holmes... his defense would come from jack johnson...

Man, the heavweight division needs this guy. Let's get the government to build him, I mean shit they spend money on a whole bunch of stupid shit so why not give us our heavyweight savior.
JonnyBlaze
Ya all keep saying Hagler's chin but I'd go with Holyfield's chin over his..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Jan 21 2009, 04:16 PM) [snapback]421294[/snapback]
Ya all keep saying Hagler's chin but I'd go with Holyfield's chin over his..

Nah. Cooper had him on queer street falling all over the place(luckily the ropes saved him from nose diving outside the ring), Bowe had him hurt and down, Toney had him rolling all over the ring(i think Evander was looking for a way out of that fight, it seemed to me he wanted to roll right under the bottom rope right back to his dressing room), Ruiz planted his ass on the canvas, and Evander luckily made it out of the round(Heck, Ruiz could not even hurt glass jaw Jones Jr., but he managed to deposit Holyfield on the canvas).

So definately give me Haglers chin any day.
STEVENSKI
Roy's chin
Maussa's skill
Seldon's heart
Fenech's hands
Malignaggi's power
Hatton's cut resistance
Butterbean's stamina

More to come

Box in Hand
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 21 2009, 04:33 PM) [snapback]421310[/snapback]
Roy's chin
Maussa's skill
Seldon's heart
Fenech's hands
Malignaggi's power
Hatton's cut resistance
Butterbean's stamina

More to come

Oh boy, I knew someone was gonna create the world's worst boxer.
Fitz
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 22 2009, 09:33 AM) [snapback]421310[/snapback]
Roy's chin
Maussa's skill
Seldon's heart
Fenech's hands
Malignaggi's power
Hatton's cut resistance
Butterbean's stamina

More to come

Judah's brain and Cintron's emotions.
STEVENSKI
We have the frankenstien of quality Fitz.
pcraw
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 21 2009, 06:07 PM) [snapback]421308[/snapback]
Nah. Cooper had him on queer street falling all over the place(luckily the ropes saved him from nose diving outside the ring), Bowe had him hurt and down, Toney had him rolling all over the ring(i think Evander was looking for a way out of that fight, it seemed to me he wanted to roll right under the bottom rope right back to his dressing room), Ruiz planted his ass on the canvas, and Evander luckily made it out of the round(Heck, Ruiz could not even hurt glass jaw Jones Jr., but he managed to deposit Holyfield on the canvas).

So definately give me Haglers chin any day.

I would have to agree. Evander has been rocked on numerous occasions. Hagler was unfazed by huge shots from Mugabi, Duran, Hamsho and Antuofermo and others. Evander had a great chin, but if I had to pick a fighter's chin to create a fighter it would definitely have to be Hagler. I may even pick Toney's chin over my man Evander.
STEVENSKI
Jake LaMotta has a iron chin as well. He took hundreads of flush shots from Robinson without being put down.
MarzB
Hearns jab and right hand

Leonard's footwork

Whitkakers/Benitez's defense

Mayweather's & hook (both his normal and his check hook) conditioning

Tyson's uppercut

McCallum's body punching

Meldrick Taylor's speed

King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 21 2009, 05:33 PM) [snapback]421310[/snapback]
Roy's chin
Maussa's skill
Seldon's heart
Fenech's hands
Malignaggi's power
Hatton's cut resistance
Butterbean's stamina

More to come

Sounds like a mix of Roberto Duran and TK
King Eugene
A Young Roy with:

Margarito's chin (Hagler was rocked by Hearns pretty good but that takes NOT A THING away from the man) and will to keep fighting.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jan 21 2009, 08:43 PM) [snapback]421335[/snapback]
A Young Roy with:

Margarito's chin (Hagler was rocked by Hearns pretty good but that takes NOT A THING away from the man) and will to keep fighting.

Man it must have been scary for Hearns having hit Hagler with his best shots and not only was Hagler unfazed but he got angrier as well.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 21 2009, 05:33 PM) [snapback]421310[/snapback]
Roy's chin
Maussa's skill
Seldon's heart
Fenech's hands
Malignaggi's power
Hatton's cut resistance
Butterbean's stamina

More to come

Rahmans speed
Golota's sportsmanship
Mayweather's humbleness
D-MARV
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jan 21 2009, 08:43 PM) [snapback]421335[/snapback]
A Young Roy with:

Santos had Margarito stunned pretty good. I have to go with Hagler's chin.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 21 2009, 04:33 PM) [snapback]421310[/snapback]
Roy's chin
Maussa's skill
Seldon's heart
Fenech's hands
Malignaggi's power
Hatton's cut resistance
Butterbean's stamina

More to come

too funny...lol
King Eugene
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 21 2009, 10:30 PM) [snapback]421347[/snapback]
Santos had Margarito stunned pretty good. I have to go with Hagler's chin.

I'll take either Margarito's or Hagler's chin...but I'll take a young Roy's everything else.
Fitz
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jan 22 2009, 04:44 PM) [snapback]421361[/snapback]
I'll take either Margarito's or Hagler's chin...but I'll take a young Roy's everything else.

You would even take a RJJ heart? I would only take Jones speed, everything else there are a handful of fighters that do things correctly and better than Jones, it was speed that let him get away with those things.

I bet that isn't the only thing you would take from Jones either.
kidbazooka1
Chavez-bodypunching
Wilfredo Gomez-destructive power
Meldrick Taylors-Speed
Chavez-Chin
Pacqiuao's-confidence
Sanchez-counterpunching
Whitakers-Defense
Chavez-cutting off the ring
Morales-Heart
Durans's-ferociousness
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 22 2009, 02:17 AM) [snapback]421373[/snapback]
You would even take a RJJ heart? I would only take Jones speed, everything else there are a handful of fighters that do things correctly and better than Jones, it was speed that let him get away with those things.

I bet that isn't the only thing you would take from Jones either.

This is always a debate between me and you about Jones heart. I think he had plenty of heart. He just never had to show it cause his abilities where so amazing he rarely had to show it. But if I had to choose a heart other than a young Roys I'd say Evanders with BHops defence.

Say what you want but it takes some heart to step in with a heavyweight (especially one who dropped Evander) and go toe to toe with him (even though with wasn't for very long) in the first round of their fight. I can her Lampley now (while both where exchanging punches in the middle of the ring in round 1) "And Their Fighting!"
Fitz
I was asking if you would also take RJJ heart? Which means out of EVERY single fighter that has stepped in the ring, would would take Jones's heart over every single fighter that has stepped into the ring?
Ok, can you agree with this wording? RJJ doesn't have more than 'average' (key word) heart?
BigG
This is really simple..combine Pernell Whitaker and Julio Cesar Chavez and you get the perfect fighter.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 22 2009, 04:27 AM) [snapback]421380[/snapback]
This is really simple..combine Pernell Whitaker and Julio Cesar Chavez and you get the perfect fighter.

Oh sh*t your right BG.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 22 2009, 03:27 AM) [snapback]421379[/snapback]
I was asking if you would also take RJJ heart? Which means out of EVERY single fighter that has stepped in the ring, would would take Jones's heart over every single fighter that has stepped into the ring?
Ok, can you agree with this wording? RJJ doesn't have more than 'average' (key word) heart?

Name me a fighter who has an average heart and based off the fighter you pick then I'll make my decision.
Fitz
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jan 22 2009, 08:03 PM) [snapback]421384[/snapback]
Name me a fighter who has an average heart and based off the fighter you pick then I'll make my decision.

Any fighter that steps into the ring? He seriously hasn't showed me that he has heart more than the average guy. Here is a list of guys who have displayed heart:
  • Morales
  • Holyfield
  • Pacquiao
  • Gatti
  • Ali
  • Toney
  • Corrales

They are fighters who you describe as having heart. Jones does not fit into that category and has done nothing remotely close to be put in that category. The most courageous thing he has done is scrape a close decision against Tarver by laying on the ropes to take punches. The third fight with Tarver he displayed less than average heart and against Calzaghe he didn't show any great amount of heart either. He got cut and the fact he was bleeding probably makes it seem like he is more of a warrior lol, kind of like how a guy probably feels manly if he has grease on him. But other than that he laid on the ropes took a beating and put up NO fight. A warrior would take a beating but try fight back, Jones did not.
You are just using the word as having 'heart' extremely loosely and to you it just means jumping in the ring and it's why you have people disagreeing with you on why Jones has heart.
So by average heart I would probably describe it in a way how most guys would describe an average girl (being a 5/10). I personally think Jones is less than average, but I will just say average (5/10) so this can end quicker.
D-MARV
hmmmm....

Give me:

Willie Pep's defense
Hagler's chin
Marciano's toughness
Shaver's power
RJJ's reflexes
B-Hop's IQ
SRL's handspeed
Margarito's work ethnic
Calzaghe's Stamina
Tyson's Killer instinct
Gatti's Heart
De La Hoya's marketability
Ali's Psych game
Holmes Jab
Vitali's ring entrances

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 22 2009, 08:08 AM) [snapback]421399[/snapback]
hmmmm....
Give me:

Willie Pep's defense
Hagler's chin
Marciano's toughness
Shaver's power
RJJ's reflexes
B-Hop's IQ
SRL's handspeed
Margarito's work ethnic
Calzaghe's Stamina
Tyson's Killer instinct
Gatti's Heart
Ali's Psych game
Holmes Jab
Vitali's ring entrances

Now there is a perfect fighter!
torvix2000
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 22 2009, 01:08 PM) [snapback]421399[/snapback]
hmmmm....
Give me:

Willie Pep's defense
Hagler's chin
Marciano's toughness
Shaver's power
RJJ's reflexes
B-Hop's IQ
SRL's handspeed
Margarito's work ethnic
Calzaghe's Stamina
Tyson's Killer instinct
Gatti's Heart
Ali's Psych game
Holmes Jab
Vitali's ring entrances

How about HAMED's ring entrances?
MarzB
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 22 2009, 03:18 AM) [snapback]421374[/snapback]
Chavez-bodypunching
Wilfredo Gomez-destructive power
Meldrick Taylors-Speed
Chavez-Chin
Pacqiuao's-confidence
Sanchez-counterpunching
Whitakers-Defense
Chavez-cutting off the ring
Morales-Heart
Durans's-ferociousness

Great call on Sanchez's counterpunching ability
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.