Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Naazim Richardson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
Good Look Percy!

NAAZIM RICHARDSON: "WE'RE READY FOR EVERYTHING"
By Percy Crawford | January 23, 2009

"The only thing I'm telling people Perc is when they see what happens Saturday night, I still want Margarito to be a beast and I'm going to tell Larry Merchant that in the pre-fight meetings. When Shane do his thing, I don't want them to discredit Margarito like they tried to do when X beat Pavlik," stated world-class trainer Naazim Trainer as he talked about this weekend's clash between Shane Mosley and Antonio Margarito. Check out what he had to say about Mosley's training for the fight and much more, including his thoughts on some recent comments made by Roy Jones Jr. Click Here
thehype
I LOVE what he said about Roy...

Man, who the hell donít want to fight Roy Jones right now? What has he done in the past couple of years to make someone scared to fight him? Roy has to understand, that whole ďbeing scared of RoyĒ shit is over. Omar Sheika is going to be to Roy what Collazo was to Andre Berto. Watch what I tell you. Itís going to be that kind of fight. Sheika is going to come to fight. Shit, I have a fighter riding with me right now with 15 fights that would whoop Royís ass. Shit, Iíll try Roy right now (laughing). Give me 3 weeks in the gym and Iíll try him. Roy has to start being honest with himself. See, he keeps putting out these greatest hits DVDís to fool himself. Those days are over with man. Iím not saying he wasnít a bad man at one time, but for him to be saying guys donít want to fight him at this stage in his career is crazy man. I say it all of the time. Tarver knocked him out, Glen Johnson beat him up and Calzaghe embarrassed him. If Calzaghe would have put his hands behind his back, it would have been over with and you could see he thought about it a couple of times. If he would have pulled that off, they could have stopped the fight.

Haha...classic.
Mean Mister Mustard
I don't think he has done nearly enough to be considered the best trainer in the game, but I will admit hearing him speak tells you the guy knows his stuff. If Mosley beats Margarito it would be a step to solidify Richarsdon as a top trainer.
thisneverworks
Once again another GREAT interview by Percy.
MarzB
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 23 2009, 11:37 AM) [snapback]421535[/snapback]
I don't think he has done nearly enough to be considered the best trainer in the game, but I will admit hearing him speak tells you the guy knows his stuff. If Mosley beats Margarito it would be a step to solidify Richarsdon as a top trainer.

Percy does a lot of good interviews. I totally agree with this post and that interview was good although I don't AT ALL buy what he said strictly about the Collazo/Berto fight.

I mentioned this somewhere but what I don't understand (and no disrespect to Bro Nas) is why Shane ever went away from John David Jackson and JDJ has worked with Bro Nas on a number of occasions. That said I have no DOUBT that Nas will draw up a great game plan, can Shane execute it (no pun).
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 23 2009, 10:37 AM) [snapback]421535[/snapback]

yeah, i think freddie roach is on top of my list right now. well right under Kirkland's training team. Eat son!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
One of the reasons Nas is a great trainer is that he has a great fighter (B-Hops) whom implicitly trusts Naz' game plan and follows his trainer A, B and C.

Have you ever listened to those 2 in a fight? Naz lays down the sensible shit and B-Hop just goes out and pretty much perfectly implements what Naz asked him to do.

Now I am no doubt that Naz has come up with a plan to beat Margarito, it ain't that hard (at least to come up with it, sometimes harder to implement).

I think we all know that Shane has the tools needed to beat Margrito. The million dollar question is whether Shance can stick to the script.

So much of Nard's power is that he never deviates from the plan. What Naz told him to do (and not do) B-Hop listened and executed. That hasn't mean he's always won but it does mean he's had some great wins and his few losses are very contentious.

Now if Shane wants the same results from Naz that B-hop has got then he has to realize that if Naz says this is how it goes A, B and C then that is TOTALLY what he must stick to.

This isn't the fight for improvisation or unscripted moments, Shane has to be resolute in implementing whatever Naz has prepared for him. To not worry about how fans perceive the fight, and just do what he knows he needs to do to win. A win over Marg propells him right back to 1-3 last big mega fights and will let him leave the sport on his terms.

If he strays from his corner's advice though then it could be an early night.

Intriguing.

D-MARV
RICHARDSON is the best............
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.