Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don't know what to think of this....
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
BGv2.0
First off can a mod fix the thread name to say " I don't know what to think of this".....once again my speed typing has made me look like an uneducated moron.

OK.....has anybody else gotten PM'd from some person called snosy? MODS......please delete this account as it is some sort of BS.

ALSO......take a look at this.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=903780

I'm not sure what to think about this.....part of me agrees that it went to far and I think their attempt to attone for it is good and just. BUT...then the other part of me thinks....who in the hell cannot score not 1 F'N point in a full game? I mean....not one layup? Not one foul freethrow.....how suck ass do these kids have to be to let that happen? In that sense...part of me thinks that the score should stand.....
The CEO
I got that PM too....he needs to be eliminated.

As far as the game...I say the winning team should NOT seek a sympathy forfeit, and that the players on the losing team should quit basketball immediately and take up ballet or somethin'...
Snoop
I got the message too. I saw, "strong connection such as love" or something or other and tossed it.

Fucking trolls man. Made me think I was special for a minute... sad.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 23 2009, 06:29 PM) [snapback]421598[/snapback]
Sooo...............everyone got this message then?..........................

*gulp*

I didn't get it
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 23 2009, 01:31 PM) [snapback]421565[/snapback]
I got that PM too....he needs to be eliminated.
As far as the game...I say the winning team should NOT seek a sympathy forfeit, and that the players on the losing team should quit basketball immediately and take up ballet or somethin'...

I think the coaches were kind of out of line. I mean the kids on the losing team were retards also, they haven't won a game in 4 years. You don't want to tell your players to stop playing, and you don't want the losing side to teach their kids to give up, but maybe the coaches should have met at halftime to figure something out.

But hey, sometimes you get your ass handed to you, losing is a part of life. If I were on the losing team, I probably would have just kicked one of the winning teams players asses, teach them where showing off gets you. Fucking strangle one of those bitches
caneman
Is this what the PM said? >>> Hi
My name is Sonsy i saw your profile today at (/www.fighthype.com)and became interested in you,i will like to know you the more,and i want you email me at (sonsykadadah@yahoo.com) so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.
I believe we can move from here!
remember that distance and color doesn't matter , but love matters in life.
sonsykadadah@yahoo.com

lmao! I promise you....Russian or one of those African countries! I have gotten so many of those damn things between str8 spam, yahoo & others that I can smell it from a mile away! The 1st thing they will do is ask if you have yahoo messenger & them the big one...do you have a web cam giving them 3 open ports min & then you are hacked! Don't fall for it guys...I don't care if you are one of those guys where it could be raining pussy's & you still got hit in the head with a dick! Don't go there even though it be nice to spam the hell out of it! But it's probably a guy! Plus admins, do a IP block not just ban the name!
Lil-lightsout
I got that message. I thought it was Stevenski fucking with me, lol.
Al Hata

I got the pm also.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 24 2009, 02:23 AM) [snapback]421636[/snapback]
I got that message. I thought it was Stevenski fucking with me, lol.

I got it & though it was someone wanting me to join the Klan. Oh well & to think I just bleached my sheets even whiter than white & everything.
stateofthegame
I got that shit too. I would try to take care of it, but I let Jack handle all of that.
BGv2.0
Follow up on that basketball story.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=904726

Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 24 2009, 06:45 AM) [snapback]421667[/snapback]
I got it & though it was someone wanting me to join the Klan. Oh well & to think I just bleached my sheets even whiter than white & everything.

LMAO! Goddamit STEVENSKI, those accusations of you being a closet racist are getting to you!
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 28 2009, 02:22 AM) [snapback]422717[/snapback]
The other team had an option, they could have forfeit, if they don't want to play how it's suppose to be played, tough shit.

The article said there was no mercy rule. It seems like there was no official way to atually stop the game.

I still cannot fathom a team not scoring 1 single solitary point over the entire course of a game.

These kids were not mentally retarted. It's true they attend a very small school and that they do suffer from things such as ADD, but it's not as if they were feces flinging, spit drooling man/childs.

They were fully capable of scoring 1 basket.....but somehow....in an entire game....they did not.

It totally escapes me.
Fitz
Oh, no mercy rule. Well sure maybe they could have laid off, but they didn't do anything actually wrong.
STEVENSKI
Maybe the other team attends the Cobra Kai dojo?

Spyder
Mismatches like that happen all the time in highschool sports...most of the time, the dominant team will treat the game like a practice rather than an actual game though. That's what makes this case out of the ordinary. There might be some underlying issues for this game though. The winning team seemed to play as if they were proving a point. Like they wanted to prove that the other team didn't belong on the same court as them.

How else can you explain the determination to not let up, and pound those girls like they did?
Mean Mister Mustard
Cases like these defy logic.
Spyder
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 29 2009, 03:13 PM) [snapback]422967[/snapback]
Yup. It maybe wasn't even morally right or they could have eased up or like you said, use it as training. But seriously, how can you actually fire the coach? The grounds don't actually seem fair.

I guarantee that something else was going on.

The coach knew that the retards shouldn't be on their schedule...he propably went to the school administrator to change the schedule...the Admin blew him off, and said something indignant like, "Just play the game."...to which the coach said, "Oh, we'll play the game."

He was trying to prove a point to someone.
STEVENSKI
The winning team did the right thing.

A enemy deserves no mercy!
Mercy is for the weak!

OK sure maybe they could have let up a bit but if I was the coach I would have diciplined my team in the carpark afterwards & god help if that other coach interfered. My knuckles would be bleeding alright but from hitting the other coach not car windows.

Spyder
Maybe the losing coach was banging the winner's wife...that shit was payback!
STEVENSKI
I like to think that the coach called them in at 3/4 time & told them to go for the kill. No mercy!
BGv2.0
I don't really care one way or the other about the coach.....BUT I can see the justification for his firing.

This guy worked for a religious school....and when you apply the question.

"WWJD" to this situation.....I'm pretty sure Administering a Cobra Kai beat down is not in the cards.

He needs to take himself to a Bone hard inner city school with this recent press....and then just beat teams to a pulp....BUT...in a Christian school....no way that was going to fly.

Although Jesus has shown some attitude on the court....take a look at the 2:20 mark to see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXOpQxL5f0
rusty_trombone
yeah, i really don't think jesus would be cool with a bunch of kids pounding on some dumb kids who can't pay attention to the game for worthless entertainment. it's not like they were competing to find the cure for aids, they were playing a game. i can't really picture the jesus i know, yelling on the sidelines like a deranged parent "kick his ass peter, show them why the apostles don;t take no shit." Fucking yelling at the coach, "put my kid in Coach, don't fuck with me i know people in high places." Jesus would be a funny soccer mom.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 29 2009, 05:03 PM) [snapback]422992[/snapback]
I like to think that the coach called them in at 3/4 time & told them to go for the kill. No mercy!

it would have been awesome if one of the girls swept the leg
STEVENSKI
All the coach wola have to say is "do you have a problem with that?" & stand there in his sleeveless shirt with folded arms looking tough with a perm.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 29 2009, 08:20 PM) [snapback]423026[/snapback]
All the coach wola have to say is "do you have a problem with that?" & stand there in his sleeveless shirt with folded arms looking tough with a perm.

he better watch out after the game though, the opposing coach would make him smash his fists through car windows
STEVENSKI
Already covered that Rusty

QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 29 2009, 09:45 PM) [snapback]422985[/snapback]
OK sure maybe they could have let up a bit but if I was the coach I would have diciplined my team in the carpark afterwards & god help if that other coach interfered. My knuckles would be bleeding alright but from hitting the other coach not car windows.

stateofthegame
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 29 2009, 07:31 PM) [snapback]422923[/snapback]
Cases like these defy logic.

We have to remember that kids are involved and I do not care and kids are cruel, so are sports parents for that matter. It gets to a point where your ahead 20-0 and your like, were killing these guys. Then next thing you know it is 40-0 and and your thinking how ridiculous it is to be ahead like that. At 60-0 your thinking, are they ever going to score, why don't they just forfeit. Then at 80-0 the team says we can shut them out, lets do it.

Parents are the same way. The shut out becomes viable so you want it to happen. For that instance you do not care who's feelings are hurt you want it to happen. May feel bad about it later and not admit to it, but I bet every parent, christian or not, was pulling for a shut out. Big deal they got shut out, maybe it should be a testament to the other guys coaching ability I mean he even said he did not expect to win because they have not won a game in the four years he has been a coach. They lost the next game 44-8.

In just about all other sports a shut out is a great thing. Hockey, Football, Soccer, Boxing, I mean a shut out is a stat. That is what you prepare your defense for. To not allow them to score.

It is embarrassing for the other team, but like I said they have not won in four years so maybe they should not even be playing. The school could save a lot of money if the cancel the program. I mean even the coach said his girls were not good enough to play at any school but theirs and that the program was not designed to be competitive but to teach principles but if they are that bad and getting beat that bad every game I think the school is hurting these kids more than a score on a board.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 30 2009, 10:01 AM) [snapback]423071[/snapback]
why don't they just forfeit.

They lost the next game 44-8.

There was no way to forfeit. That was part of the issue. And 44-8 is MILES better than 100-0. Like I said, short of sitting on thier hands on the court....I can't see how that happens.

These losers are not being hurt, they have gotten more shit out of pity than the girls that beat the dog snot out of them.

I just think this whole deal loses any legit excuse whatsoever...considering this was a "christian" school. You can't beat tards up without mercy...nor can you coach kids to do that if you follow a supposed doctrine of not doing shit like that. That's why I do see a legit reason for the coach's firing.

Here you have a Christain school, with the spotlight on them....so trying to preserve the idea of Christ-like values as wellas potential $$$$.....the school issues a formal apology and puts forth Christ-like values by asking for the forfiet. Ultimately, this is about $ and the ability to still have people interested in sending their kids to your school. And then this coach says...."no I'm not sorry"....

That was stupid on his part.....even if he feels that way, to preserve your job and future income....keep that shit to yourself and look for another job at some school that would welcome you beating the shit out of their opponent 100-0.
Spyder
I don't think that any of us can say what Jesus would do has a girl's highschool basketball coach.

There hasn't been much written about Jesus' athletic career either, so I don't think we can say what He'd do as a player either.

One thing we do know, is that Jesus was a great leader...and He had THE best chin of all time. If He was on the losing team, He wouldn't have cared about getting the crap kicked out of Him on the scoreboard. He wouldn't have given up, and He would've figured out a way to score at least one bucket...even if He had to miracle it in.

After the game, He wouldn't have complained about the pounding...He would've told His team what lesson could be taken from that thrashing. He would've told them that not giving up in the face of adversity is the most honorable trait of all. He would've made them feel good for playing till the last buzzer.

Instead these girls feel like losers, because we are expected to feel sorry for them. We are expected to give them special treatment. We are expected to make them feel like something they are not...because knowing what they are is not good enough. So what you suck at basketball?! At least you took your pounding and didn't quit. That's more than a lot of people can say.
Mean Mister Mustard
Yeah, I mean you step in that court you either win or lose. I know this isn't pro basketball but just because you are a christian doesn't mean you should take it easy on the other team. As far as the other coach goes, I can understand why he would have wanted an 100-0 score, maybe he thought it would boost his rep.
stateofthegame
Speaking of morals, I remember Jack Lambert breaking a guys neck in the 70's and to this day when asked if he felt sorry for the guy he says No, He just could not take a hit.

Don't know how it applies here, but it came to mind.

And BG, that statement about beating tards had me laughing.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 30 2009, 03:16 PM) [snapback]423113[/snapback]
After the game, He wouldn't have complained about the pounding...He would've told His team what lesson could be taken from that thrashing. He would've told them that not giving up in the face of adversity is the most honorable trait of all. He would've made them feel good for playing till the last buzzer.

Instead these girls feel like losers, because we are expected to feel sorry for them. We are expected to give them special treatment. We are expected to make them feel like something they are not...because knowing what they are is not good enough. So what you suck at basketball?! At least you took your pounding and didn't quit. That's more than a lot of people can say.

I think it's important to remember....none of the actual players that recieved said ass beating are doing any complaining. They have said more than once they don't feel like losers at all. And they have been commended for not giving up.

"just because you are a christian doesn't mean you should take it easy on the other team"

Sure it does.....when you are ahead by 50-60 to 0....I think Jesus would apply the brakes. This is why I myself have zero issue with the guy getting canned. When you run a facility that follows a religious doctrine....you have to follow that accordingly.

I mean....it's just common sense. It's like I highly doubt a bunch of Muslim school children are going to head to Pizza Hut for some Canadian Bacon pizza after a game.

"Christian" kids should follow their doctrine of piece and fellowship and helping others and all that by NOT BEATING a team to a bloody pulp.

As a matter of fact....I'm really starting to question just how Christ like any of these chicks were to begin with. Because if it were me....and I followed that train of thought, I would have fouled one of those gimps to get them a free throw at some point.

BUT....they probally would have missed those too. I swear it's like these girls had to have been running into the padded walls of the gym and shit! I just see 3 stooges bullshit in my head when I think of the score.
Spyder
When did Christ ever say "don't try your best"?

I'm a little confused where you guys are getting this from...

I think Jesus would apply the brakes.

So by applying the brakes, do you mean stop shooting the ball? Are you implying that Jesus would turn the basketball game into organized monkey in the middle?

laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
Let's be honest here, this was a game, the players aren't going to die if they lose 100-0. They already had a shitty reputation so what's the problem?
stateofthegame
I think the bigger question is why are they playing this school anyway, but I got my answer. It seems in Texas private schools only play other private schools or so I am told. So because of them being a private school, then the state basically forces the game to happen. I do not think that is right.
Spyder
Exactly, why is the state telling a private school to do anything...especially who should be on their basketball schedule?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 30 2009, 07:51 PM) [snapback]423148[/snapback]
When did Christ ever say "don't try your best"?

I'm a little confused where you guys are getting this from...
So by applying the brakes, do you mean stop shooting the ball? Are you implying that Jesus would turn the basketball game into organized monkey in the middle?

laugh.gif

uh, because jesus was supposedly compassionate.
Spyder
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 31 2009, 12:11 PM) [snapback]423322[/snapback]
uh, because jesus was supposedly compassionate.

Compassionate? By playing keep away?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 31 2009, 01:20 PM) [snapback]423325[/snapback]
Compassionate? By playing keep away?

whatever it takes.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. I didn't say it, but somebody says jesus did.

I think maybe, the christian school didn't want to appear to be hypocritical, they are hypocritical, but had to keep up appearances.
Spyder
Again, it's a basketball game! Nobody died...

Jesus never said, "Carry your opponent when you have him down 59-0 at halftime...pass the ball rather than shoot."

laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 31 2009, 04:23 PM) [snapback]423338[/snapback]
Again, it's a basketball game! Nobody died...

Jesus never said, "Carry your opponent when you have him down 59-0 at halftime...pass the ball rather than shoot."

laugh.gif

hey, it's not my religion, you guys can apply your saviors lessons as arbitrarily and selectively as you like.
Spyder
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 31 2009, 04:32 PM) [snapback]423339[/snapback]
hey, it's not my religion, you guys can apply your saviors lessons as arbitrarily and selectively as you like.

You're did try to apply it.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. I didn't say it, but somebody says jesus did.

Remember typing that?

So how exactly is being on the winning end of a 100-0 basketball game non-Christian?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 31 2009, 04:40 PM) [snapback]423340[/snapback]
So how exactly is being on the winning end of a 100-0 basketball game non-Christian?

Maybe your priest should explain it to you. Apparently jesuses lessons stop meaning anything when you step on to a high school girls basketball court.
Spyder
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 31 2009, 05:00 PM) [snapback]423342[/snapback]
Maybe your priest should explain it to you. Apparently jesuses lessons stop meaning anything when you step on to a high school girls basketball court.

My priest? You know me better than that... laugh.gif

I'm still curious...are you implying that Jesus would turn the game into glorified monkey in the middle? Would playing keep away be more Christ-like?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 31 2009, 05:07 PM) [snapback]423343[/snapback]
I'm still curious...are you implying that Jesus would turn the game into glorified monkey in the middle? Would playing keep away be more Christ-like?

He probably wouldn't have had his kids play after the half, or possibly approached the other coach and found out if they wanted to end it. Like offering a draw in chess. I don't have any problem with what he did, but am not surprised he got shitcanned.

I mean, I would have danced all over those bitches, tried to dunk on them.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 31 2009, 06:07 PM) [snapback]423343[/snapback]
My priest? You know me better than that... laugh.gif

I think he is trying to argue WWJD when you apply Christian ideology to this particular situation. Maybe not play keep away....but for sure not beat the ever loving shit out of these chicks 100-0.

If you honestly cannot see how doing that is opposite Christian values....I don't know how to explain it to you.

You do agree that beating somebody 100-0 is without doubt refusing to have mercy on a team that had zero hope of winning...right?

Most "Christians" that follow that faith and apply it to all aspects of their day to day life....would have a huge problem with that.
Spyder
I'm just curious where you guys get that Christian values dictate prideful superiority...

Is it a Christian value to tell someone that they are inferior to you? "You should just quit...we easily have you overmatched...you won't score a bucket if we continue this..."
stateofthegame
All I know is that if this team is full of tards like BG says, then Texas should be ashamed that their rules dictate they play each other.

I do agree on a lot of BG's points, and really who is to say that if you were in the position of the Christian/Anti-Christian Values coach then whose to say what you might think. At one point do you think of playing keep away, or in the back of your mind as a coach do you feel that by not allowing your team to play the game the same way the would any other time may be the wrong choice and that decision may come back to haunt him in another game down the road with a quality team that had a bad half and was down 20 or so.

Also if you start clowning around "playing keep away" what will the officials do in that situation. Do they allow the game to continue like that or do they start calling techs. I am not sure what the rules are about playing keep away.

One thing is that in Arkansas the Arkansas Athletic Association does not allow this by instituting a mercy rule where if a team is down by 35 at the half the clock never stops. I have seen teams down that far and come back to make the game close and the coaches throw a fit because their time was shortened but it is what it is.

BG is right though, the moron coach should have went with school policy and kept his mouth shut. So him getting fired is really all on him not the game itself.
Spyder
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 31 2009, 11:09 PM) [snapback]423364[/snapback]
BG is right though, the moron coach should have went with school policy and kept his mouth shut. So him getting fired is really all on him not the game itself.

From what I read, the coach was defending his girls moreso than talking shit and gloating about the win... dntknw.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.