Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pick your undercard
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Lil-lightsout
So we all pretty much complain about shitty PPV undercards these days, especially when we are shelling out $50-$60. So if the Hatton- Pac fight goes through, what would be a reasonable undercard that would justify the money spent. I for one can not remember the last great total package PPV boxing event. Don King used to have some great ones back in the day. I am not totally up to date with who fights with which promoter and all that BS. So I will take a shot at a good undercard I would not mind seeing(without just picking the 3 top fights in boxing I would like to see).

1st fight would be Rock Allen vs. Mike Arnaoutis. I would like to see Rock step up a little and get some big stage exposure. Mike is a solid fighter and would be a decent test to see where Rock is at this point.

2nd fight would be Jeff Lacy vs. Librade Andrade. This would be an excellent slug fest between two limited boxers, but exciting fighters that would create and fight to remember.

3rd fight would be Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Isreal Vasquez. This would also be a barn burner as long as it lasts. Would we see how good JML really is, or would Vasquez be able to win another war?

Then the main event would be Hatton-Pacman. And no doubt this would be an excellent affair with the proven Hatton being too strong for the hype job Pac. grin.gif

If they can put this card together, I will be more than happy spending $60 for this in HD.
JonnyBlaze
Why Lacy/Andrade??Lacy's stamina sucks these days real bad..He needs to stop lifting weights for real..I'd go with Andrade based on he'll be there all night and Lacy would gas out or not be able to keep up..A better undercard supermiddleweight fight would be Froch/Dirrell..They both have around 20 fights.Froch has a few more than Dirrell..If the fight is in the UK,Froch is right there and if it's in the US,Dirrell is over here..Either way,one guy would be traveling..Froch/Dirrell would be a great fight and someone's 0 would have to go..
JLUVBABY
kid diamond vs michael katsidis (opener to ppv)
edwin valero vs. paulie mallinagi (at 140)
marquez/diaz winner vs. timothy bradley (wbc jr. welt. title) co headliner
hatton vs. pac...

for walkout bout shown only in case of early k.o's (devon alexander vs. zab judah (old vs. new)

this might seem unreal to some but for those that remember the early90's don king put on similiar shows for the time... and boxing boomed like a mack truck.
stateofthegame
King did put on very good cards back in the day, but you were going to see Butterbean and Christy Martin on every card. That was the only downfall.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 24 2009, 01:39 AM) [snapback]421666[/snapback]
King did put on very good cards back in the day, but you were going to see Butterbean and Christy Martin on every card. That was the only downfall.

Where is Don these days??
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 23 2009, 07:59 PM) [snapback]421611[/snapback]
So we all pretty much complain about shitty PPV undercards these days, especially when we are shelling out $50-$60. So if the Hatton- Pac fight goes through, what would be a reasonable undercard that would justify the money spent. I for one can not remember the last great total package PPV boxing event. Don King used to have some great ones back in the day. I am not totally up to date with who fights with which promoter and all that BS. So I will take a shot at a good undercard I would not mind seeing(without just picking the 3 top fights in boxing I would like to see).

1st fight would be Rock Allen vs. Mike Arnaoutis. I would like to see Rock step up a little and get some big stage exposure. Mike is a solid fighter and would be a decent test to see where Rock is at this point.

2nd fight would be Jeff Lacy vs. Librade Andrade. This would be an excellent slug fest between two limited boxers, but exciting fighters that would create and fight to remember.

3rd fight would be Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Isreal Vasquez. This would also be a barn burner as long as it lasts. Would we see how good JML really is, or would Vasquez be able to win another war?

Then the main event would be Hatton-Pacman. And no doubt this would be an excellent affair with the proven Hatton being too strong for the hype job Pac. grin.gif

If they can put this card together, I will be more than happy spending $60 for this in HD.

Vasquez vs JuanMa deserves to bve a main event for showtime or HBO championship boxing.

Snoop
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 24 2009, 07:36 AM) [snapback]421680[/snapback]
Vasquez vs JuanMa deserves to bve a main event for showtime or HBO championship boxing.

I was about to say the same thing. We'd NEVER get that kind of shit on a PPV undercard. Not in our wildest, wettest, boxing dreams.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 24 2009, 01:36 AM) [snapback]421680[/snapback]

Yeah, you are definately right on that one. That should be a main event in the near future...hopefully. I just remember a few of those PPV's back in the 90's, where the cards were loaded with a couple main event type fights. I guess those days are over.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 23 2009, 11:39 PM) [snapback]421666[/snapback]

i'm talking early 90's after tyson was incarcerated... king put on the strongest fightcards the world has ever seen maybe...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Jan 24 2009, 10:37 PM) [snapback]421793[/snapback]
i'm talking early 90's after tyson was incarcerated... king put on the strongest fightcards the world has ever seen maybe...

King is definitely the best promoter ever..Ali/Foreman was all Don..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.