Full Version: Margarito 145.8 - Mosley 147
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD

AP Photo

AP Photo

AP Photo

AP Photo
Lil-lightsout
These guys obviously are in great shape! Nice mullet Margarito. That would be amazing if somehow Shane would KO Tony. Thanks for the pics.
King Eugene
I'm pulling for Shane...I'm thinking all the head shots are going to start to wear and tear on Margarito and he'll be affected by a few of them in this fight.
stateofthegame
I am not counting Mosley out and if he does win I think it is going to be his body work that does it. If Shane loses, I am not sure where he goes. I mean he cannot be labeled a gate keeper because he is still damn good and promoters know this and they are not going to let their rising talent near him.

I think if he loses he will fight someone like Clottey and call it a career.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 23 2009, 11:35 PM) [snapback]421664[/snapback]
I think if he loses he will fight someone like Clottey and call it a career.

I think that's a bad match up for Shane @ this point in his career.

Clottey's good jab gives Shane problems, IMO
stateofthegame
Yeah, but I think if he loses that is the only logical choice. He could move back up, but there is not anything interesting there. I mean do you want to see Mosley-Spinks.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 24 2009, 12:08 AM) [snapback]421645[/snapback]
These guys obviously are in great shape! Nice mullet Margarito. That would be amazing if somehow Shane would KO Tony. Thanks for the pics.

What would really be nice is if Margarito becomes the first man to stop Mosley brutaly.
King Eugene
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 24 2009, 12:56 AM) [snapback]421671[/snapback]
Yeah, but I think if he loses that is the only logical choice. He could move back up, but there is not anything interesting there. I mean do you want to see Mosley-Spinks.

No but I wouldn't mind Mosley - Williams.
The Original MrFactor
I'd still like to see Mosley vs Judah. I for one thought that the fight could have been rescheduled, I think Mosley may have been a bit nervous. Zab definately would have been game for the fight. Zab would consistently beat Mosley to the punch. I think Zab would have decisioned Mosley. Losing to Zab would have been very hurtful to his career at the time. I think thats why they pulled out.
streetlion1
Shane dominates Margarito easily as long as he doesnt get tired. He keeps the fight in the center of the ring and makes him look silly with his speed.

I too want to see Zab against Shane. I think Zab beats him to the punch and wins early but Shane takes over late.....but I think it would be a good fight.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jan 24 2009, 08:17 AM) [snapback]421698[/snapback]
I'd still like to see Mosley vs Judah. I for one thought that the fight could have been rescheduled, I think Mosley may have been a bit nervous. Zab definately would have been game for the fight. Zab would consistently beat Mosley to the punch. I think Zab would have decisioned Mosley. Losing to Zab would have been very hurtful to his career at the time. I think thats why they pulled out.

Shane didn't pull out of shit my man. Zab did. Rescheduling the fight in a couple of weeks really wasn't possible (they already lost a ton of money on the promotion and would have had to take pay cuts I'm sure, plus there's the whole issue with finding a venue on short notice and HBO with their available dates, etc), and Zab may have pulled the same shit three months later. At Shane's advanced age I think he was smart to tell Zab, 'hey you had your chance. you blew it.'

Can't believe some of you are now remembering that incident as Shane being the one to cause the fight to get canceled.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 24 2009, 11:27 AM) [snapback]421712[/snapback]
Shane didn't pull out of shit my man. Zab did. Rescheduling the fight in a couple of weeks really wasn't possible (they already lost a ton of money on the promotion and would have had to take pay cuts I'm sure, plus there's the whole issue with finding a venue on short notice and HBO with their available dates, etc), and Zab may have pulled the same shit three months later. At Shane's advanced age I think he was smart to tell Zab, 'hey you had your chance. you blew it.'

Can't believe some of you are now remembering that incident as Shane being the one to cause the fight to get canceled.

Yeah... fuck Judah. That dumbass can only blame himself, 100% his fault for the fight falling through. Sucks too, I would have loved to see Shane KO that punk.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 24 2009, 12:37 PM) [snapback]421714[/snapback]
Yeah... fuck Judah. That dumbass can only blame himself, 100% his fault for the fight falling through. Sucks too, I would have loved to see Shane KO that punk.

I had tickets to the damn fight! My friend's bachelor party was in Vegas that weekend and a group of us were going. I was so fucking pissed when I read it was canceled. And then to find out why, oh my God. Fuck Zab Judah for that. That shit was 100% on him.

I was all over the thread about it here back then too, cursing up a storm. I was PISSED. laugh.gif
MarzB
I'm not that big on Zab but man. Yes, Zab cancelled the fight but that was because he fell through the shower and had to get 50 stiches and I recall there were people doubting that and he took a photograph of the injury. He tried to reschedule the fight but thats when Mosley took Mayoraga fight.

Topic at hand, it seems Marg came weigh'd in at around this weight for Williams. I'm more curious what he'll rehydrate himself to being.

If Mosley can throw more than one punch at a time and stop being lulled into a trading war that he's tended to be involved in lately, he could pull out of this fight. If Margarito was as smart as he is tough, he'd be incredible. But he's very easy to hit as demonstrated by Cotto, Clottey, Santos, Williams and Cintron basically any above average opponent. Again though he has a chain of granite. Mosley is NOT going to knock him out. The only way that would happen is through attrition.

If Bro Nas has worked with Shane to through punches in bunches and move and Mos can do this the entire fight. we'll have a two time welterweight king. I hope he does it but I'm not sure he can.

Aw fuck it, I'm going out on a limp.

Mosley by decision and hopefully Margarito can go away.

Can someone start a Marg hater club?? Sign me up..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(MarzB @ Jan 24 2009, 12:09 PM) [snapback]421717[/snapback]

laugh.gif You meant limb. Pretty funny when I read that, I know it was an honest mistake.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(MarzB @ Jan 24 2009, 12:09 PM) [snapback]421717[/snapback]
I'm not that big on Zab but man. Yes, Zab cancelled the fight but that was because he fell through the shower and had to get 50 stiches and I recall there were people doubting that and he took a photograph of the injury. He tried to reschedule the fight but thats when Mosley took Mayoraga fight.

Topic at hand, it seems Marg came weigh'd in at around this weight for Williams. I'm more curious what he'll rehydrate himself to being.

If Mosley can through more than one punch at a time and stop being lulled into a trading war that he's tended to be involved in lately, he could pull out of this fight. If Margarito was as smart as he is tough, he'd be incredible. But he's very easy to hit as demonstrated by Cotto, Clottey, Santos, Williams and Cintron basically any above average opponent. Again though he has a chain of granite. Mosley is NOT going to knock him out. The only way that would happen is through attrition.

If Bro Nas has worked with Shane to through punches in bunches and move and Mos can do this the entire fight. we'll have a two time welterweight king. I hope he does it but I'm not sure he can.

uh hello? i'm pretty sure you're on the hate wagon already
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jan 23 2009, 11:56 PM) [snapback]421671[/snapback]
I mean do you want to see Mosley-Spinks.

FUCK NO.

I want to see Mosley/Mayweather, Mosley/Hatton, or Mosley Pacquiao.

However, if Shane loses, there is always the Judah fight....
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 24 2009, 12:17 PM) [snapback]421719[/snapback]

If Margarito fights anyone but Williams in his next fight then add my name to the list.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Jan 24 2009, 01:27 PM) [snapback]421721[/snapback]
If Margarito fights anyone but Williams in his next fight then add my name to the list.

How about I add you now, and you just let all that hate out right now? No one really likes Margarito, i bet all of his fans wake up in the morning and burn their nutsacks with a hot coat hanger since apparently they like to torture themselves.
MarzB
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 24 2009, 02:17 PM) [snapback]421719[/snapback]

(insert Homer Simpson) DOH!!! Trombone, what can I do to petition to be president? smile.gif

LOL at "Limp". I can laugh at myself too smile.gif
The CEO
Hopefully we'll see Marg leavin' the ring with a limp tonight...

CHOP 'IM DOWN, SHANE!!

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 24 2009, 12:42 PM) [snapback]421722[/snapback]
How about I add you now, and you just let all that hate out right now?

Well, I'd like to be fair to the guy -BUT- if he beats Mosley tonight I know he ain't gonna go knocking on PW's door - so feel free to add my name to the list....
Al Hata

I'm on the Margarito Hate wagon but now that he is rocking a mullet I may have to pull for him vs. shane.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 24 2009, 11:27 AM) [snapback]421712[/snapback]

Man, I remember what happened. Trouble is we just see things differently. Its funny, when Joe Calzaghe did it to RJJ, the fight was rescheduled. Zab gets a freakish injury and the fight cant be rescheduled. Zab gets a fight in August, which probably could have easily been Mosley. Instead its Clottey. Shane gets Mayorga in late September. Somehow, I just dont think dude wanted to sit out that long.

Yeah, I think it was smart of Shane to say, "hey you blew it," too. I think it we see it for different reasons. I think at this point in his career, he cant afford to lose to a guy like Judah. He had alot to lose, Judah had alot to gain by putting up a win against Mosley.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(MarzB @ Jan 24 2009, 02:24 PM) [snapback]421726[/snapback]
(insert Homer Simpson) DOH!!! Trombone, what can I do to petition to be president? smile.gif

LOL at "Limp". I can laugh at myself too smile.gif

well, i'm not big into government. I'd like to think my hate wagon is a little less structured and more anarchistic than the Joe C. hat wagon. I think hate best gets expressed when any idiot can say whatever the hell they want. In short, "less rules, more hate" Trombone 2012!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Jan 24 2009, 03:52 PM) [snapback]421737[/snapback]
I'm on the Margarito Hate wagon but now that he is rocking a mullet I may have to pull for him vs. shane.

careful hata, don't bring down the wagon with your nonsensical rooting for a complete dickbag.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jan 24 2009, 04:42 AM) [snapback]421693[/snapback]
No but I wouldn't mind Mosley - Williams.

I don't like that match up..Williams would be too much for Shane right now..Prime Shane vs. Williams would be amazing..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(MarzB @ Jan 24 2009, 05:09 PM) [snapback]421717[/snapback]

Man we all know Yoel threw his bitchmade son through the shower screen.

You are also on the fucking hatewagon you dolt.
STEVENSKI
I don't get all this hate for a hardworking machine like Margarito. He has limited talent & skill & he parlays that into winning world titles & dishing out beatdowns. What is there not to like about him?

I hope Margarito dishes out a world class beating to Shaneo today just to piss off all you haters.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 24 2009, 09:20 PM) [snapback]421769[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHHA!!You crack me up man..Some days you are more ruthless than others..Today is one of those days..
MarzB
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 24 2009, 09:20 PM) [snapback]421769[/snapback]

You are also on the fucking hatewagon you dolt.

Loser get a fucking life for real. I'm sorry if my life isn't as boring as yours and I can keep a running tab on everyones signature or frankly care that another poster outside of myself is referenced in that same signature line. Exhibit "A" of the signs of an utter loser.
streetlion1
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 24 2009, 10:14 AM) [snapback]421708[/snapback]
Shane dominates Margarito easily as long as he doesnt get tired. He keeps the fight in the center of the ring and makes him look silly with his speed.
I too want to see Zab against Shane. I think Zab beats him to the punch and wins early but Shane takes over late.....but I think it would be a good fight.

laugh.gif fuck.gif ...........Yeah... Mosley has done it! Forget about the haters! Mosley dominated totally...not only winning but DOMINATING like I said!!!!

Cant wait for Mosley-Cotto 2!!!!!!!!!!!!
The CEO
Somebody got CHOPPED DOWN!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
neophyte7
People who thought Margarito was going to steam roll Mosley must be in shock... Margarito is finito--- he caught a lethal attack from sugar diabetes--- he got his chin cracked the phuck open-- AND THE BASTARD GOT EXPOSED AS A CHEAT--- lowlife got his ass handed to him--
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(MarzB @ Jan 25 2009, 02:41 AM) [snapback]421795[/snapback]
Loser get a fucking life for real. I'm sorry if my life isn't as boring as yours and I can keep a running tab on everyones signature or frankly care that another poster outside of myself is referenced in that same signature line. Exhibit "A" of the signs of an utter loser.

My life is not boring itis just fine thanks for commenting. I merely said you were a mamber of the Margarito hate wagon already you fucking shitbrick. Considering the hatewagon is present in nearly every thread on here & stick out like dogs bollocks it is hard not to notice it especially considering Margs was fighting today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.