Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Devon Alexander vs. Junior Witter
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MarzB
If this fight is in the States in St. Louis, I'm going to try and attend. Devon Alexander is Kevin Cunningham's youngest up and coming charge. I've seen 3 of his fight two in which he looked decent to good and one which he looked awesome (Chop Chop). I don't know if the latter was based on Devon's potential or the fact that CHOP is way past his expiration date (see Carl Daniels).

I like Junior Witter and while Bradley gave it to him, I'll buy that Witter probably underestimated Bradley fighting on a heavy heart (His Dad was very ill or may have passed away) but loses are part of the sport. Bottom line this will be a great test for both of them. Should Devon win, he's up there in the mix of 140lbs you're going to have to worry about (the kid is only 21). If Witter loses, he is totally done from any type of standpoint both stateside and in his homeland.

I don't think the date has been announced for this fight but hopefully they'll put this on the Spinks vs. Lattimore fight on the same card.

Mean Mister Mustard
I really liked Alexander in his fight against Corley and I am pretty sure he has the style to beat a guy like Judah. Whether he can beat Witter is another story, he is very unorthodox and hits like a mule. If he uses his speed and timing to offset Witter's awkwardness he could win. But like you said, Witter might not have been in there 100% so we might see a different guy against DA.
MarzB
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 24 2009, 04:09 PM) [snapback]421732[/snapback]
I really liked Alexander in his fight against Corley and I am pretty sure he has the style to beat a guy like Judah. Whether he can beat Witter is another story, he is very unorthodox and hits like a mule. If he uses his speed and timing to offset Witter's awkwardness he could win. But like you said, Witter might not have been in there 100% so we might see a different guy against DA.

Witter's style is one of the most unique I've ever seen. That dude literally can box from both wings very effectively and most importantly the way he switches in mid stream is pretty eye opening. He definitely does have pop. Like you said thats what makes this fight really a good matchup. I don't think Alexander needs to be pushed this fast personally. I think I said he's only 21 but hey, may as well find out where he stands now..
lbeezy
Devon is one of my best friends, I know his work. The dude go hard in the gym and it always show when he fight. Witter can't F with Devon's speed or power. I already know how this fight will go. 1st witter will try to throw punches, and Devon will counter them with quick jabs and straight lefts. 2nd witter will put on his track shoes and start running. Then his corner will tell him that he is behind on points. After that witter will either keep running or be stupid and try to trade punches and get knocked out. I bet anybody the fight will go something like that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.