Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tyson-Holyfield III.....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Maxy
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/544592-tyso...ht-in-abu-dhabi

Boxing legends Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield will stage an epic third fight in Abu Dhabi this October, Arabian Business can reveal.

Full details of the historic fight will be announced on Feb. 1. It is understood that the bout will be held at the open air Zayed Sports City Stadium in front of 25,000 boxing fans, with sources indicating it will be the “richest fight in history.”

The Tyson/Holyfield fight will be the finale to an evening that will first feature two separate world title bouts. One tentative date is Oct. 31, the night before the first ever Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Tyson, the 42 year old former world heavyweight champion - facing financial troubles - last stepped into the ring in November 2005, when he lost to Ireland's Kevin McBride.

Holyfield, now 46 years old, fought for the WBO heayweight belt in October 2007 when he was outpointed by Russian holder Sultan Ibragimov.

Holyfield won both the previous two encounters with Tyson, including the famous “bitten ear” incident during their second meeting in 1997.

Holyfield, who knocked out Tyson when they first met in 1996, was paid a record $34 million for their second meeting. Sources suggest that each fighter will earn more than $34 million for the Abu Dhabi clash, which is expected to be televised world-wide.

It is also understood that a chunk of the earnings from the October event will be donated to an Autism charity.

The fight is being put together by Hydra Properties CEO, Sulaiman Al Fahim, who said in a telephone interview on Sunday: “We have agreement from everyone needed and will make the official announcement next week.

The idea is to stage the biggest ever fight in boxing history and to do it in Abu Dhabi, which would be a great global event for the UAE capital.”
thehype
Funny, but I thought we just watched Tyson-Holyfield III last night.

laugh.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Maxy @ Jan 25 2009, 04:24 AM) [snapback]422071[/snapback]
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/544592-tyso...ht-in-abu-dhabi

Boxing legends Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield will stage an epic third fight in Abu Dhabi this October, Arabian Business can reveal.

Full details of the historic fight will be announced on Feb. 1. It is understood that the bout will be held at the open air Zayed Sports City Stadium in front of 25,000 boxing fans, with sources indicating it will be the “richest fight in history.”

The Tyson/Holyfield fight will be the finale to an evening that will first feature two separate world title bouts. One tentative date is Oct. 31, the night before the first ever Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Tyson, the 42 year old former world heavyweight champion - facing financial troubles - last stepped into the ring in November 2005, when he lost to Ireland's Kevin McBride.

Holyfield, now 46 years old, fought for the WBO heavyweight belt in October 2007 when he was outpointed by Russian holder Sultan Ibragimov.

Holyfield won both the previous two encounters with Tyson, including the famous “bitten ear” incident during their second meeting in 1997.

Holyfield, who knocked out Tyson when they first met in 1996, was paid a record $34 million for their second meeting. Sources suggest that each fighter will earn more than $34 million for the Abu Dhabi clash, which is expected to be televised world-wide.

It is also understood that a chunk of the earnings from the October event will be donated to an Autism charity.

The fight is being put together by Hydra Properties CEO, Sulaiman Al Fahim, who said in a telephone interview on Sunday: “We have agreement from everyone needed and will make the official announcement next week.

The idea is to stage the biggest ever fight in boxing history and to do it in Abu Dhabi, which would be a great global event for the UAE capital.”

Sounds like bullshit,

I did not see anywhere in the article about the Holyfield-Valuev fight. Since this would be a non-title fight if it came off, it wouldn't make Holyfield closer to his goal of "fighting for the undisputed championship of the world." At least it keeps the circus out of the USA. Until I hear from other reliable sources, I call this a bullshit story.

Jack
Lil-lightsout
Wondered how both of these guys are financially? They might need the money if it's true, but I do not need to see this fight.
JD
This would just be sad.

Holyfield would utterly destroy Tyson.
JonnyBlaze
Holyfield KO in 3..
D-MARV
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Jan 25 2009, 03:27 PM) [snapback]422162[/snapback]
Holyfield KO in 3..

Holyfield KO in 1

Tyson weighs over 300 pounds now. I doubt this fight will be made.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 25 2009, 04:30 PM) [snapback]422166[/snapback]
Holyfield KO in 1

I like this better..Holy KO in 1..
Maxy
The money these people are willing to pay the fighters makes me think it's entirely plausible for them to do it again.

Who could turn down $34m?

I hope not, it's a freak show, and Tyson wouldn't even turn up in shape but for that sort of money anything is possible.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Maxy @ Jan 25 2009, 04:34 PM) [snapback]422169[/snapback]
The money these people are willing to pay the fighters makes me think it's entirely plausible for them to do it again.

Who could turn down $34m?

I hope not, it's a freak show, and Tyson wouldn't even turn up in shape but for that sort of money anything is possible.

Of course Tyson would allow himself to be KO'd AGAIN by Holy for money..He has nothing else goin for him money wise..He knows he'd be KO'd again too!!
LeeGenius
So fake stories are cool but authentic news about Holyfield, the Barry Bonds of boxing, and his provider being indicted gets locked?

Did the mods mean to close this thread once it was shown to be bogus instead of the thread I created? Tell me it was all a mistake. laugh.gif Or else we have some serious Roidyfield nut suckers on this board. Virtually every post about Roy Jones the past few years have had posters calling him "Roid Jones" but Holyfield, a clear, proven steroid user seems to be off limits.

If Im out of line and simply made a duplicate thread I apologize. I looked and cannot find another thread on this subject.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(LeeGenius @ Jan 29 2009, 07:00 PM) [snapback]422995[/snapback]
So fake stories are cool but authentic news about Holyfield, the Barry Bonds of boxing, and his provider being indicted gets locked?

Did the mods mean to close this thread once it was shown to be bogus instead of the thread I created? Tell me it was all a mistake. laugh.gif Or else we have some serious Roidyfield nut suckers on this board. Virtually every post about Roy Jones the past few years have had posters calling him "Roid Jones" but Holyfield, a clear, proven steroid user seems to be off limits.
If Im out of line and simply made a duplicate thread I apologize. I looked and cannot find another thread on this subject.

I think you're just hoping you can exploit someone..I don't think Holy did roids..It seems like whenever you feel like talking about Holy and roids is the only time you post on here..
LeeGenius
Dude he was buying under the name "Evan Fields", with the same birthdate and when investigators called he answered the phone. Its an empirically proven fact that Evander holyfield used steroids at some point in his career. Its legitimate news.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Jan 25 2009, 06:57 PM) [snapback]422197[/snapback]
Of course Tyson would allow himself to be KO'd AGAIN by Holy for money..He has nothing else goin for him money wise..He knows he'd be KO'd again too!!

I suspect if he fought McBride again he would get KO'd too. I think Freddy Roach should start calling him out as Manny's next opponent cause that would be a knockout as well!

In fact I might start getting my granny into training because she could probably whup Tyson's telly tubby arse these days.

For me as a fan Mike Tyson ceased to exist as a fighter post 1989 and the Spinks fights. For whatever reason Mike was finished as a figher of any relevance afer that night and any of the outcomes since (winnes or losses) mean nothing to me because after 1989 he was little more than a ghost in the ring.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(LeeGenius @ Jan 30 2009, 04:52 PM) [snapback]423127[/snapback]
Dude he was buying under the name "Evan Fields", with the same birthdate and when investigators called he answered the phone. Its an empirically proven fact that Evander holyfield used steroids at some point in his career. Its legitimate news.

Lee be careful what you say to Jonny about Holy's roid use, he's a little sensitive in that area. It's akin to telling a young child that Santa Claus isn't real. LOL.
Big Slim Sweet
For all we know Cus and his wife were feeding Tyson spaghetti with roidballs for dinner in 1984.
Spyder
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 30 2009, 05:42 PM) [snapback]423131[/snapback]
Lee be careful what you say to Jonny about Holy's roid use, he's a little sensitive in that area. It's akin to telling a young child that Santa Claus isn't real. LOL.

I just pictured Jonny setting out a plate of cookies and milk waiting for Evander to come down the chimney. laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Jan 30 2009, 06:41 PM) [snapback]423130[/snapback]
I suspect if he fought McBride again he would get KO'd too. I think Freddy Roach should start calling him out as Manny's next opponent cause that would be a knockout as well!

In fact I might start getting my granny into training because she could probably whup Tyson's telly tubby arse these days.

For me as a fan Mike Tyson ceased to exist as a fighter post 1989 and the Spinks fights. For whatever reason Mike was finished as a figher of any relevance afer that night and any of the outcomes since (winnes or losses) mean nothing to me because after 1989 he was little more than a ghost in the ring.

hahaha..Pac-man/Tyson is quite possible..We might see this fight in the next year..Tyson had a short prime in the pros,that's for sure..

Holyfield as Santa??Hahahaha..It's be a little more realistic of Holy coming down the chimney than a huge fat dude..Holy's waist is so small for his size,I'm sure he could fit down a couple chimneys..Maybe this Christmas might be the one!!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 30 2009, 08:21 PM) [snapback]423151[/snapback]
I just pictured Jonny setting out a plate of cookies and milk waiting for Evander to come down the chimney. laugh.gif

hahahaha. it would take like 4 houses before someone shot him.

This reminds me of the SNL skit that Eddie Murphy did as the tooth fairy.
Imperius3
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Jan 31 2009, 01:48 PM) [snapback]423330[/snapback]

his short little legs are funny
Devo
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 25 2009, 04:30 PM) [snapback]422166[/snapback]
Holyfield KO in 1

.... Irony-Mike wouldn't make it to the 1st rd .... HEADLINE : "TYSON ARRESTED ON DRUG RELATED CHARGES IN-ROUTE TO 3rd CLASH w/ HOLYFIELD"
Snoop
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 31 2009, 07:37 PM) [snapback]423328[/snapback]

LMAO!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 31 2009, 02:37 PM) [snapback]423328[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHA..That shit is too funny..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.