Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We need to see PBF - Mosley
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
I've been saying this for a couple years now, there are two guys that I feel would have a legitimate chance to beat Floyd: Paul Williams and Mosley. I'll admit, the third was Kermit Cintron, and I still think he'd give Floyd problems with his style. Anyway, I do not want to see PBF come back for Hatton or Pac; I think he'd win both and not be that challenged. But I think Shane could hang with his hand speed, conditioning, and power. That would be a fight that would benefit either man's legacy, and I'm hoping it happens.
MarzB
I'll stick with the title of the thread and ignore the Cintron mention.

Regardless of who people "THINK" will win the fact is now this is NOW a much more competitive bout (than the discussed Pacquiao vs. Floyd) and now with all the celebs at the fight giving the fight a more MAINSTREAM profile economically viable fight than when it was proposed two years ago.

Floyd has asked for Mosley twice once in 2000 and back in 2006. Regardless the fight has now "spice" and "zing" to it unlike a lot of the proposed matchups.

The only problem is Floyd "says" in a recent interview he's comfortable with retirement. This however I believe will really spawn him out of it.

Mad props out to Mosley again for putting himself back in the pound 4 pound rankings and doing it with a BANG
D-MARV
I still favor Mayweather in a potential fight with Mosley (Haters will still find a way not to give Floyd props).

Im so happy for Mosley. and Richardson too. I think Richardson may have just hit the jackpot. I imagine that alot of fighters will now call up Naazim.
slap
Yeah its time that this fight happens I'm sure it will do over a million buys on ppv and it will bring in the celebs so the money will be there 4 the fight 2 happen they offer a lump sum of money 2 floyd 4 this fight after mosely beat ricordo so lets see if floyd takes that offer now
Mean Mister Mustard
I don;t know if I'd want to see it. Mosley got the stoppage win but he won't be outboxing Mayweather. And I don't know if the Hatton style fight he fought against Margarito will be effective. I'd much rather see PBF fight Pacquiao, speed versus speed. But I would not complain if he fought Mosley.
D-MARV
Mayweather should fight Mosley if he does come back... Nobody would give him credit for Pacquiao. (ESPECIALLY THE HATERS)

He would get much more props for a Mosley fight!
Maxy
I really want to see Mayweather-Mosley above any other fight right now. It's always been a fight that appeals to me and if Floyd is ever going to come back, this is the one fight he should come back for.
Box in Hand
This is not a fight I care for. I think Mayweather has too much for Mosely. Everyone seems to be on a high after last night. IMHO, Mosely's legs look like their aging even in a great win against Margs. Mosely fought a cheater who didn't have a plan B and looked great but against Floyd he gets out classed. No matter how much Mayweather is hated he is still one of the best fighters of our era.
Maxy
Yeah Mayweather is one of the best fighters in this era but there are still a few questions he hasn't answered in my opinion.

Staying retired demeans his legacy.
EpTXCHAMP
lets be real of the 20,000 people there only shanes team, his father, and son were there to see him.... shane aint a draw! I doubt will see PBF consider fighting shane
MarzB
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Jan 25 2009, 04:36 PM) [snapback]422172[/snapback]
lets be real of the 20,000 people there only shanes team, his father, and son were there to see him.... shane aint a draw! I doubt will see PBF consider fighting shane

I disagree. While we know the majority of the crowd wasn't there for Shane, the majority of that crowd witnessed their man get his ass kicked. That said, the majority of the people (as an example) at the Dela Hoya vs. Floyd fight were PRO Dela Hoya but look at how that ushered Floyd into the mainstream in his next fight.

The point is that there is some benefit for Shane here.

This fight definitely NOW has legs on it. I don't know if it has $20 million (that Floyd would want) type of legs but with the right promotion (not just a press conference, a city tour like the Dela Hoya fight) right prices, it could.

Marv good posting here you pretty much said what I had to say.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Jan 25 2009, 04:31 PM) [snapback]422168[/snapback]
No matter how much Mayweather is hated he is still one of the best fighters of our era.

So is Mosley.

QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Jan 25 2009, 04:36 PM) [snapback]422172[/snapback]

Hate on, hater. I know you had to be disappointed by what you witnessed last night. laugh.gif

Mosley may never be a Big Draw, but he is pretty well known by the general public. I think a lot of folks would be interested in a Mayweather-Mosley fight.

By the way, legacy wise, Mosley > Mayweather IMO
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 25 2009, 06:51 PM) [snapback]422208[/snapback]
So is Mosley.
Hate on, hater. I know you had to be disappointed by what you witnessed last night. laugh.gif

Mosley may never be a Big Draw, but he is pretty well known by the general public. I think a lot of folks would be interested in a Mayweather-Mosley fight.

By the way, legacy wise, Mosley > Mayweather IMO

slim u ride shanes jock harder than anyone so chill not hating just stating facts.... EVEN YOU admit shane is NOT a draw! there aint enough money for a shane fight to lure pbf out of retirement be real! yes I would like to see the fight it would be a good one but boxing is a business when it comes to floyd and he wont like the business numbers with that fight bet on it! At the end of the day I aint saying it woouldnt be a good fight or shane doesnt deserve it, I'm just saying pbf aint gonna fight him period deep down you know it too...
Spyder
How Shane and Floyd still haven't fought is amazing to me...that storyline ALONE could sell this fight.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Jan 26 2009, 12:03 AM) [snapback]422245[/snapback]
slim u ride shanes jock harder than anyone so chill not hating just stating facts.... EVEN YOU admit shane is NOT a draw! there aint enough money for a shane fight to lure pbf out of retirement be real! yes I would like to see the fight it would be a good one but boxing is a business when it comes to floyd and he wont like the business numbers with that fight bet on it! At the end of the day I aint saying it woouldnt be a good fight or shane doesnt deserve it, I'm just saying pbf aint gonna fight him period deep down you know it too...

You're probably right. More $$$ in a DLH, Hatton, or Pac fight. I'm just saying that there'd be interest from the gen pop if it did happen.
streetlion1
I wanna see Gayweather lose so I want him to fight Cotto or Mosley. He chops up PW and Margarito. GBF aint gonna fight Mosley or anyone else who is talented enough to be a threat.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 25 2009, 10:40 PM) [snapback]422253[/snapback]
You're probably right. More $$$ in a DLH, Hatton, or Pac fight. I'm just saying that there'd be interest from the gen pop if it did happen.

agree. they could sell good numbers just not huge event numbers I hope floyd would take it but I still see floyd waiting for pac to beat hatton then calling him out
Lil-lightsout
I will travel anywhere if Mayweather signs to fight Shane to see it live!!! I have to be there to witness Floyd getting KTFO!!!
Snoop
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 26 2009, 08:08 PM) [snapback]422326[/snapback]
I wanna see Gayweather lose so I want him to fight Cotto or Mosley. He chops up PW and Margarito. GBF aint gonna fight Mosley or anyone else who is talented enough to be a threat.

If you changed up Cotto for PW in that list, I'd agree with you.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 27 2009, 01:49 AM) [snapback]422481[/snapback]
Yep. I think out of all the fighters around his weight class, Paul Williams would probably have the biggest chance in giving Mayweather the upset. I think Cotto would make it close, but I like Williams as the guy most likely to cause the upset.

Would that really be an upset though?? Would Mayweather be favored to beat Paul Williams say, in June or July?? Especially seeing that the guy has been out for so long and PW could be coming off a win against Winky Wright? I would and have for a loong time favored PW in a Mayweather matchup.
slap
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jan 27 2009, 01:59 AM) [snapback]422482[/snapback]
Would that really be an upset though?? Would Mayweather be favored to beat Paul Williams say, in June or July?? Especially seeing that the guy has been out for so long and PW could be coming off a win against Winky Wright? I would and have for a loong time favored PW in a Mayweather matchup.

PW beating floyd u people must be out of your damn minds I dought if PW gets past winky the guy is ok but he needs work he gets hit 2 much he has no defense all he does is come fwd and throw floyd would pick his ass off all night long now he can throw his thousand punches 4 the night but u know floyd doesn't get hit so lets say out of those thousand punches paul only lands 15% of them which always happens when your up agianst mayweather and my boy money will cruise 2 a 117 111 UD like always
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.