Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Margarito Exposed As A Classless, Sore loser!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Sugar Q
Not only was this guy caught cheating, now his corner is making excuses about an eye operation. Dude was thoroughly outclassed by a better fighter. No excuses. Man up, Hopefully all you Margarito fans will.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Jan 25 2009, 02:16 PM) [snapback]422150[/snapback]
Not only was this guy caught cheating, now his corner is making excuses about an eye operation. Dude was thoroughly outclassed by a better fighter. No excuses. Man up, Hopefully all you Margarito fans will.

AM's trainer and his whole crew should be kicking themselves and only themselves. AM doesn't have an inside game and he doesn't know how to fight outside that one dimension he always uses.

He should man-up -- He lost to a better man .......... Period.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Jan 25 2009, 02:39 PM) [snapback]422154[/snapback]
AM's trainer and his whole crew should be kicking themselves and only themselves. AM doesn't have an inside game and he doesn't know how to fight outside that one dimension he always uses.

He should man-up -- He lost to a better man .......... Period.

I agree. Credit to MOsley for the way he fought but also look at how one dimensional Margarito was. I usually don't like to call a fightyer 1 dimensional, I think the word gets thrown around too much but in this case it fits perfectly.
D-MARV
I dont think Margarito is the one making the excuses. He didn't make any in the post fight interview
MarzB
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 25 2009, 04:29 PM) [snapback]422163[/snapback]
I dont think Margarito is the one making the excuses. He didn't make any in the post fight interview

Has (bitch ass) Bob Arum yet??
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 25 2009, 04:29 PM) [snapback]422163[/snapback]

Agreed..He only gave props to Mosley..
The CEO
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Jan 25 2009, 02:16 PM) [snapback]422150[/snapback]

hmmmm.....so does that mean Cotto nearly detached Marg's retina?

I wouldn't doubt it...with all those headshots he took, and how both his eyes WERE on swoll...
King Eugene
Its crazy how this mans team can bring more hate to him than he does. As long as He Margarito isn't making any excuses then thats fine. Everybody else outside the ropes really dont matter.

Oh and I told yall all those head shots where going to start to take its toll.
alaganza
QUOTE(3King3 @ Jan 25 2009, 07:11 PM) [snapback]422199[/snapback]
Its crazy how this mans team can bring more hate to him than he does. As long as He Margarito isn't making any excuses then thats fine. Everybody else outside the ropes really dont matter.

Co-sign. It seems that Margarito gave Shane his due.
frankypc
Well the retina thing you mention makes sense. Because he wore sunglases for a big while after the cotto fight, i thought he either wanted to look cool in his new found fame or was swelled so bad he dint want people to see how messed up he was after the fight.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(frankypc @ Jan 25 2009, 11:45 PM) [snapback]422242[/snapback]
Well the retina thing you mention makes sense. Because he wore sunglases for a big while after the cotto fight, i thought he either wanted to look cool in his new found fame or was swelled so bad he dint want people to see how messed up he was after the fight.

LOL. Yeah I thought that too.

The retina may also explain why he wasn't willing to take another fight in 2008.
Sugar Q
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 25 2009, 11:34 PM) [snapback]422252[/snapback]
LOL. Yeah I thought that too.

The retina may also explain why he wasn't willing to take another fight in 2008.

BS! Margarito was totally exposed by a real fighter. Shane was confident the whole time while everyone else was predicting his ko. Tony was faced with things he's never seen before and couldnt deal with it. Shane did what Clottey was doing. That was the same Margarito as always and if he would have won all his fans would be saying that he's the man so let's cut the BS and call it what it is. EXPOSED!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Jan 26 2009, 11:45 AM) [snapback]422284[/snapback]
BS! Margarito was totally exposed by a real fighter. Shane was confident the whole time while everyone else was predicting his ko. Tony was faced with things he's never seen before and couldnt deal with it. Shane did what Clottey was doing. That was the same Margarito as always and if he would have won all his fans would be saying that he's the man so let's cut the BS and call it what it is. EXPOSED!

Hey, I'm not trying to make any excuses for this fight at all. Margarito got his ass kicked up and down that ring and there was NOTHING that could have made that any different.

He wasn't EXPOSED though. Why does every fighter who loses have to be EXPOSED? It was the same Margarito as always like you say. He just couldn't deal with the speed and power of Shane. He got beat by a better fighter period.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 26 2009, 12:38 PM) [snapback]422296[/snapback]
Hey, I'm not trying to make any excuses for this fight at all. Margarito got his ass kicked up and down that ring and there was NOTHING that could have made that any different.

He wasn't EXPOSED though. Why does every fighter who loses have to be EXPOSED? It was the same Margarito as always like you say. He just couldn't deal with the speed and power of Shane. He got beat by a better fighter period.

i agree 100%. to say he got exposed is idiotic. did margarito expose cotto & clottey?? wow, one loss and he got exposed? i would like to see another guy at 147 accomplish what mosley did on saturday. cause i dont think theres another guy in the division that can do what mosley did.
BigG
Margarito wasn't exposed...he was pretty overrated by ALOT of posters here though.

The truth is, he was just a bigger, stronger Baldomir. He is just alot taller.

Fact is when he could take Cotto's punches and constantly pressure him he wore Cotto down... Cotto's fight with N'dou was similar...and Margarito is bigger and stronger than N'Dou and was able to stop Cotto later on in the fight.

But Marg was outboxed the first 6 rounds of that fight...and took his share of punishment in each and every round of that fight. Even the rounds he hurt Cotto (7, 10, 11)

Shane is just alot tougher than Cotto is and has better stamina...and the fightplan Brother Naazim Richardson was brilliant. Shane just wasn't throwing shots..he was throwing BOMBS...Mosley is a very hard puncher. Margarito should be given credit for his chin because some of the punches he was taking were ridiculous. But that fight may have very well taken out something of him.

Also...I didn't want to say this because the forum would've labeled me a dumb nuthugger (even though I'm not at all A Pac nuthugger..I wanted Marquez to whoop him...I just respect the improvements in skill since his early days at 122)..but a few days ago I watched Manny Pac-DLH and Mararito-Cotto..and I think Manny Pac could've given Marg some problems with his speed. But Manny doesn't hit as hard as Shane.
rusty_trombone
Yes, Margarito certainly was not "exposed" this fight. He has sucked for a while now, and has been the recipient of some good circumstances. he has always been a slow, no defense having, round punching, abominable snow-mexican and now everyone knows he was a cheater also. now he's a walking heavybag without an "iron chin, thereby making him a walking heavy bag.
Sugar Q
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jan 26 2009, 01:49 PM) [snapback]422322[/snapback]
i agree 100%. to say he got exposed is idiotic. did margarito expose cotto & clottey?? wow, one loss and he got exposed? i would like to see another guy at 147 accomplish what mosley did on saturday. cause i dont think theres another guy in the division that can do what mosley did.

Say what you want Shane showed that a good jab, movement and a good tie up beats Margarito every time. Exposed because most thought that Margarito was unbeatable at 147. He was EXPOSED as a one dimensional brawler. When you show that a fighter deemed to be unbeatable can be easily beaten that's where you get the Exposure part and yes Margarito did expose Cotto who thought he could out bomb everybody he fought on the other hand Clottey exposed Margarito. I'm sure Shane and Naz watched a lot of Marg/Clottey footage. So when you take a fighter that most so called fans were putting in their P4P and you see him get not just beat but shut out in every round (before getting stopped) then find out he was bricking his hand wraps I say the cover was fully pulled off this dude. His own promoter (Arum) said the fight was over in the 2nd round.
Sugar Q
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 26 2009, 03:28 PM) [snapback]422344[/snapback]
Yes, Margarito certainly was not "exposed" this fight. He has sucked for a while now, and has been the recipient of some good circumstances. he has always been a slow, no defense having, round punching, abominable snow-mexican and now everyone knows he was a cheater also. now he's a walking heavybag without an "iron chin, thereby making him a walking heavy bag.

True boxing fans knew that Rusty but most cats in here thought Margarito was the gatekeeper.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Jan 26 2009, 03:33 PM) [snapback]422347[/snapback]
Say what you want Shane showed that a good jab, movement and a good tie up beats Margarito every time. Exposed because most thought that Margarito was unbeatable at 147. He was EXPOSED as a one dimensional brawler. When you show that a fighter deemed to be unbeatable can be easily beaten that's where you get the Exposure part and yes Margarito did expose Cotto who thought he could out bomb everybody he fought on the other hand Clottey exposed Margarito. I'm sure Shane and Naz watched a lot of Marg/Clottey footage. So when you take a fighter that most so called fans were putting in their P4P and you see him get not just beat but shut out in every round (before getting stopped) then find out he was bricking his hand wraps I say the cover was fully pulled off this dude. His own promoter (Arum) said the fight was over in the 2nd round.

if he got exposed so badly, who else at 147 beats him??
Snoop
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 26 2009, 07:57 PM) [snapback]422323[/snapback]
Margarito wasn't exposed...he was pretty overrated by ALOT of posters here though.

The truth is, he was just a bigger, stronger Baldomir. He is just alot taller.

Great point. Pretty much sums up Margarito.
Douchebag
I think the only thing that got exposed was the fact that he is fraud a cheat. Everybody that knows even a little about boxing knows that the way Shane fought him is the way to beat him.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jan 26 2009, 03:36 PM) [snapback]422350[/snapback]

Marg will get beat again before 2010. In fact if Cotto didn't get ruinned the first fight Cotto wins the rematch. Book it.
Sugar Q

You got guys on here that think the Pac man beats him. I think Clottey beats him in a rematch, Williams, I would love to see Collazo/Margarito and if Cotto gets his head right Shane has shown him what to do and what not to do. Don't know whether he can pull it off tho.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Jan 26 2009, 03:43 PM) [snapback]422358[/snapback]
You got guys on here that think the Pac man beats him. I think Clottey beats him in a rematch, Williams, I would love to see Collazo/Margarito and if Cotto gets his head right Shane has shown him what to do and what not to do. Don't know whether he can pull it off tho.

I think he can do it. We have to remember that Margarito has just take the most punishment he ever has in his last two consecutive fights. I will venture to say that the "Iron Chin" is no more. I think Cotto gets him and if he gets into great shape and really studies the Shane fight he doesn't take anywhere near the punishment that he did in the first fight to do it.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Jan 26 2009, 03:43 PM) [snapback]422358[/snapback]

i dont think pac man is physically strong enough to do what shane did. speed, yes, but shanes strength in the clench is what was surprising to me. he looked stronger than margarito when they locked up. clottey has too much bitch in him to beat margarito. he was crying to anyone that would listen that his hand was hurt. collazo would do well for some rounds but would eventually get stopped i think. the way he ran out of gas against berto makes me think margarito would KO him. cotto cannot punch while moving, and he doesnt clinch properly to avoid punishment. i think cotto would get stopped sooner if they fought again. i think williams would beat him again, but i wouldnt bet the house on it. that first fight was close.
BigG
But Pac wouldn't be muscling Margarito around or slugging it out in the first place..he'd be using his speed to land left hands and move out of the way. He'd bascially fight Margarito the way he fought DLH. Weather you like Pac or not, truth is, he maybe looked even better at 147 than he did at 135. He is a world class champion at that weight.
rusty_trombone

anyone that has a trainer who has eyes. see Trinidad's career post-Hopkins ass-whooping. your boy got smashed from pillar to post, shane made his statue ass look ridiculous. not only did he beat him fucking easily, he cracked his "iron chin". time for him to learn a new trade, like broom pushing
Tha Docta
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 26 2009, 04:11 PM) [snapback]422368[/snapback]
But Pac wouldn't be muscling Margarito around or slugging it out in the first place..he'd be using his speed to land left hands and move out of the way. He'd bascially fight Margarito the way he fought DLH. Weather you like Pac or not, truth is, he maybe looked even better at 147 than he did at 135. He is a world class champion at that weight.

thats possible. but "chicken legs" delahoya was toast before he even entered the ring. i like pac, think hes an all time great, but just think he might be biting off more than he can chew if he faced margarito. but hell, i thought margarito would send mosley off into retirement.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 26 2009, 04:14 PM) [snapback]422370[/snapback]
anyone that has a trainer who has eyes. see Trinidad's career post-Hopkins ass-whooping

i think tito was just never a very good 160lb fighter. that and the fact that he stopped fighting regularly after that fight had alot to do with his demise.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Jan 26 2009, 04:33 PM) [snapback]422347[/snapback]

See, again, here's where you (and a lot of other guys who say this) are wrong IMO. Those guys here who have been defending Margarito these past few years (and I'm one of them) have NEVER thought he was some invinvible monster. Just a guy who deserved his. That was all. For all the guys here who said that Mayweather ducked Margarito (and again, I was one of them), you really never heard anyone say they thought Margarito would knock him out. Just that Floyd ducked him.

I agree with Docta, I don't think anyone else at 147 could have dominated Margarito the way Shane did Saturday. I'm not saying no one else could have beaten him, just not that brutally.

QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 26 2009, 04:37 PM) [snapback]422353[/snapback]
I think the only thing that got exposed was the fact that he is fraud a cheat. Everybody that knows even a little about boxing knows that the way Shane fought him is the way to beat him.

Yes. If you want to talk about the hand wraps exposing him, then you have an excellent point.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jan 26 2009, 04:17 PM) [snapback]422373[/snapback]
i think tito was just never a very good 160lb fighter.

well margarito has never been a very good fighter at any weight. and Tito's 1 dimension was worlds better than Margarito's entire game. So in short, fuck Margarito.
STEVENSKI
I don't get the hate for Margarito. If he knew about the loaded gloves & on teh heresay evidence I would venture he did I can understand but he never claimed to be anything more than he was a big hearted string chinned slugger who fought whoever was in front of him.
BigG
Maybe because he was overrated by his fans?
STEVENSKI
True. His fans are nearly as bad as the Trinidiots & Floydites have been.
The CEO
Margachito's nightmare continues on the net....with no end in sight....

LOL!!...I'm tellin' ya....him and his biggest fans will never live this down or be the same....it keeps gettin' worse and worse....

The CEO
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 26 2009, 10:58 PM) [snapback]422459[/snapback]
You see how a lot of you guys are feeling really good about how the world finally saw what we have tried to tell everyone about Margarito? Now you know how I felt with Pavlik, except it was so much sweeter because I was on the top of the mountain on my own.
laugh.gif

Great feeling, isn't it?

QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 26 2009, 11:01 PM) [snapback]422460[/snapback]
But to be fair, most Margarito fans said he was avoided and always came to fight. Pavlik was the next big thing.

It's THE BEST feeling....lol....but you gotta remember this....Pavlik just got his ass schooled/whooped, and his fans weren't nearly as bad as Marg's typical maniacs......he experienced a notable setback....but not a major setback....he's still got belts and will go back to his division as the recognized Champion....

On the other hand....Margarito got ANNHILATED, exposed as a cheat, and has now lost almost everything....this is an EPIC fall in The History of Boxing...from top of the world to the gutter.....all in less than an hour...

In other words....the ones who wanted to see Margarito get dominated (personally BECAUSE of the actions of his most vocal fans I might add)....well....we feel BETTER than just "great"... biggrin.gif

Margarito, his career, and his most annoying fans will never be able to recover from this past weekend.....
The CEO
Breaking news....I'm on this sucka....

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/willis/arch...m_calls_do.html

Naazim Calls Doctored Gloves "Deliberate"

The California State Athletic commission is investigating two hard blocks of gauze that were found in Antonio Margarito's gloves before Saturday's WBA welterweight championship at the Staples Center.

By GEORGE WILLIS

The trainer for Shane Mosley on Monday said two blocks of a plaster-like substance discovered in Antonio Margarito's gloves before their welterweight championship fight Saturday night at the Staples Center was a "deliberate" act that deserves a thorough investigation.

"It was deliberate, but on whose part? I don't know," said Naazim Richardson, who worked Mosley's corner and was the one who discovered two blocks of hardened gauze wrapped around the knuckles of Margarito's fists. "For all I know the corner could have been wrapping it that way for all of his fights, and Margarito could have been just as surprised as anybody that it was wrong."

The California State Athletic Commission confirmed on Monday it has sent "two samples" to its offices in Sacramento to be examined. "We are investigating, but I'm not authorized to say any more," said Dean Lohuis, chief inspector of the CSAC, who worked the fight won by Mosley on a ninth-round technical knockout.

Here's what happened. The controversy began when Richardson was in Margarito's dressing room to witness the wrapping of his hands. One hand already had been wrapped and approved by the CSAC before Richardson's arrival.

In the process of wrapping the other hand, Richardson questioned the amount of tape going directly on Margarito's skin, and asked for a rewrapping. During the rewrapping, it got to a point where a cushion was placed across Margarito's knuckles. But when Richardson asked if he could "feel" the cushion that's when the Margarito camp began to protest.

Margarito's co-manager Francisco Espinoza was the most defiant telling Richardson, "I expected this from you," to which Richardson said: "You should expect me to do my job."

Over protests from the Margarito camp, Richardson was allowed to feel the cushion. "It was brick hard," said Richardson, who told the Lohuis to feel it himself. Once Lohuis felt the cushion he ordered that it be "opened up," Richardson said.

"When he opened it up, a little square block of old wet gauze packed real tight came out," Richardson said. "It was like it had plaster on it. I think it had an old dried up blood stain on it."

Richardson asked Margarito's previously wrapped hand be inspected as well, and another hard block of gauze was found in that wrapping. According to witnesses, a doctor for the Mosley camp inspected the two blocks of hardened gauze and said, "This is what we use in the hospital to make casts."

Both samples were given to Mosley's lawyer Judd Burstein, who said they felt like "plaster of Paris." He then gave them to Lohuis with the assurance they would be secured it such a way they wouldn't be tampered with. "It looked to me like the kind of thing that if the fight went on when (Margarito's) hands got sweaty and it would harden so it would feel like a cast," Burstein said.

Richardson said the blocks of hardened gauze had been packed and treated in such as way that it could make Margarito's punches feel like bricks especially in later rounds. "As you fight the natural cushion in the gloves wear down," Richardson said, "so by the later rounds you're basically getting hit with that plaster in there. That kind of stuff is ridiculous."

Margarito and his handlers face possible suspensions and fines if they are found to have deliberately broken rules. Margarito's co-manager Sergio Diaz was not in his office on Monday and he didn't return a message left by the Post. A spokesman for Top Rank Inc., Margarito's promoter, said the issue is between the trainer, Javier Capetillo, and the CSAC. "We'll see what happens," the spokesman said.

Margarito's hands were wrapped a third time and approved for the fight, which Mosley dominated en route to the surprising victory. Margarito was coming off a career-defining win over Miguel Cotto last July were Margarito's thunderous punches battered Cotto into an 11th round TKO. Don't expect the Margarito camp to confess how the fighter's hands were wrapped for that bout.

"I can only imagine what Cotto is thinking now," Burstein said. "I've never seen somebody not working out sweating as badly as the guy who was wrapping Margarito's hands when this was going on. It was like they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar."

Richardson has served as a long-time trainer to Bernard Hopkins and raised a similar issue before Hopkins' fight with Tito Trinidad 2001 at the Garden. Richardson objected when Felix Trinidad Sr. was wrapping Tito's hands with layers of gauze, then layers of tape, then more gauze and tape, etc., which was against rules of the New York State Athletic Commission.

"I've been through this before," Richardson said. "I don't want to tarnish nobody's image. Margarito might not have known what was going on because he wasn't really objecting to being rewrapped. But somebody did it."

Richardson isn't sure how the fight would have been affected had the blocks of hardened gauze not been discovered. "I don't think anybody would have beaten Shane Mosley that night," he said. "But with that plaster in there, it might have made it a little rougher."
Lil-lightsout
WOW!!! That's freaking crazy. I can not wait to see how this plays out. This could end up being the worst case of cheating ever in boxing if this has been going on for awhile. If this is all true, people better be going to jail, and there better be a huge investigation how long this has been going on. I can not wait to hear what Cotto and his people have to say(and previous opponents).

Did Naz tell Shane what happened before the fight, or did he tell him after the fight was over? Cause that could have been a major distraction.
Big Slim Sweet
See, here's the part I find the most troubling...

QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 27 2009, 01:01 AM) [snapback]422463[/snapback]
The controversy began when Richardson was in Margarito's dressing room to witness the wrapping of his hands. One hand already had been wrapped and approved by the CSAC before Richardson's arrival.

How the fuck had that first hand been approved by the CSAC if there was a fucking piece of plaster on it? Who is supposed to be in charge of this shit?

Makes you wonder just how uncommon this sort of thing is.
The CEO
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 27 2009, 12:29 AM) [snapback]422467[/snapback]
WOW!!! That's freaking crazy. I can not wait to see how this plays out. This could end up being the worst case of cheating ever in boxing if this has been going on for awhile. If this is all true, people better be going to jail, and there better be a huge investigation how long this has been going on. I can not wait to hear what Cotto and his people have to say(and previous opponents).

Did Naz tell Shane what happened before the fight, or did he tell him after the fight was over? Cause that could have been a major distraction.

Cotto is gonna be PISSED if he ain't already....Jennings is in big, big trouble....and what does that say about Cotto's chin if the plaster was used on him? (which I think it was)....pretty fucking strong I say....

as far as Mosley knowing beforehand...I'd say yeah....Richardson probably told him....maybe that's why it looked like Mosley was literally trying to kill him in there....
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 27 2009, 12:33 AM) [snapback]422468[/snapback]
See, here's the part I find the most troubling...
How the fuck had that first hand been approved by the CSAC if there was a fucking piece of plaster on it? Who is supposed to be in charge of this shit?

Makes you wonder just how uncommon this sort of thing is.

Exactly! WTF is going on here? I love boxing so much, but this just beyond sad.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 27 2009, 12:36 AM) [snapback]422469[/snapback]
as far as Mosley knowing beforehand...I'd say yeah....Richardson probably told him....maybe that's why it looked like Mosley was literally trying to kill him in there....

laugh.gif Now that you mention it that way, you could be right. That probably did fire him up.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 26 2009, 08:53 PM) [snapback]422444[/snapback]
I don't get the hate for Margarito. If he knew about the loaded gloves & on teh heresay evidence I would venture he did I can understand but he never claimed to be anything more than he was a big hearted string chinned slugger who fought whoever was in front of him.

Oh hell no Stevenski...you know good and well had that been Mayweather the Great or ATG Roy you would be blowing these boards up about how they are such cheats and all this other stuff. Are you getting soft on us or are you deep down a disappointed fan?
Tha Docta
i must say that article is pretty damn incriminating. some real panama lewis shit going on right there. if this is true, there is no choice but to ban these guys from boxing for life. i really hope marg didnt know about this, but something tells me that if youve fought as many times as he has, he would be able to tell the difference. if you get your hands wrapped every single day for training then you would be able to tell if theres some plaster in there. this is really a shame.
Big Slim Sweet
It is a shame and I really hope it's not true. Not just cause I've always liked Tony, I would just hope that as a fighter he'd have more respect for the safety of other fighters. But my gut says it's true and if it is he and his corner should be banned for life.
Snoop
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 27 2009, 06:34 PM) [snapback]422507[/snapback]
It is a shame and I really hope it's not true. Not just cause I've always liked Tony, I would just hope that as a fighter he'd have more respect for the safety of other fighters. But my gut says it's true and if it is he and his corner should be banned for life.

Agreed. Never hated Tony, so much as his fans, just never thought he was that great. But this, if this is true, he is a despicable excuse for a man.
buford54
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 27 2009, 12:43 AM) [snapback]422471[/snapback]
Exactly! WTF is going on here? I love boxing so much, but this just beyond sad.

Nothing will happen because of this, unfortunately. Just like Tito never got in trouble for doing the same kind of thing.

I really can't imagine that Tony has been fighting with plaster on his hands this whole time and nobody has caught on.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(buford54 @ Jan 27 2009, 02:00 PM) [snapback]422513[/snapback]
I really can't imagine that Tony has been fighting with plaster on his hands this whole time and nobody has caught on.

Part of me suspects he only started it after the Williams loss, cause he hit Paul with a lot of good shots and didn't seem to do too much to him. I can see a situation where Margarito and his team saw their window of opportunity closing after dropping that decision and didn't want to take the chance of blowing it the next time they got their shot.
Spyder
Cotto's chances in the rematch are looking better and better...

I'm also feeling a slight case of vindication for picking Cotto to embarrass Margarito that night...how was I supposed to know that Tony would be fighting with loaded gloves?

laugh.gif
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 27 2009, 03:22 PM) [snapback]422520[/snapback]
Cotto's chances in the rematch are looking better and better...

I'm also feeling a slight case of vindication for picking Cotto to embarrass Margarito that night...how was I supposed to know that Tony would be fighting with loaded gloves?

laugh.gif

unfortunately that really bad ass kicking has probably taken a little life out of cotto. im curious to see what he has left.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.