Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where's Salvador?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Douchebag
What is he going to now that that his favorite fighter has been exposed as a fraud and his chin cracked wide the fuck open. Margarita is officially done.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 25 2009, 06:48 PM) [snapback]422182[/snapback]
What is he going to now that that his favorite fighter has been exposed as a fraud and his chin cracked wide the fuck open. Margarita is officially done.

We'll probably never see him again after last night..
The CEO
Nahhhh.....might be a month or two....but Sal will be back...and he will be channelling ALL his anger and frustration on Mayweather.....
Big Slim Sweet
Sal will be back sooner or later. I'm not surprised he's awol now, knowing he'd be a target for ridicule with all the posters who were waiting for something like this to happen.

And it's wrong to call Margarito a fraud, unless you're talking about the hand wraps. Dude's had some amazing performances the past couple of years. Don't take credit away from Sugar Shane by doing that.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 25 2009, 07:41 PM) [snapback]422206[/snapback]
Sal will be back sooner or later. I'm not surprised he's awol now, knowing he'd be a target for ridicule with all the posters who were waiting for something like this to happen.

And it's wrong to call Margarito a fraud, unless you're talking about the hand wraps. Dude's had some amazing performances the past couple of years. Don't take credit away from Sugar Shane by doing that.

I'm definitely talking about the hand wraps. That cheating mutherfucker probably ruined Cotto as a fighter with that bullshit. I'm convinced that if he tried to do that shit against mosley whom almost everybody thought he was going to smoke he did that shit against Cotto.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 25 2009, 08:51 PM) [snapback]422209[/snapback]
I'm definitely talking about the hand wraps. That cheating mutherfucker probably ruined Cotto as a fighter with that bullshit. I'm convinced that if he tried to do that shit against mosley whom almost everybody thought he was going to smoke he did that shit against Cotto.

Yeah that story needs to be gotten to the bottom of.

I hope he didn't ruin Cotto.
True-Boxing-Fan
To call Margarito a fraud is just wrong. The man has been a champion since 2002 and turned pro at age 15. He has always laid it all on the line. I would like to know more about the hand wrap situation but ask Trinidad about handwraps. Margo. has given boxing some great fights. Plus he has always wanted to fight the best at all times and he was being avoided for a little while. Just ask Lil FLoyd he had the chance to maybe exposed Margo. and he didnt want none at the time. To call Margarito a fraud is downplaying Mosley beautiful performance last night. Mosley turned back the clock. He was fast, powerful and put on a great display of boxing Mosley style. Mosley is a living legend and a p4p fighter. I would love for PBF to come out of retirement and fight Mosley. Mosley KO PBF inside 10. Shane Mosley I love you-Larry Merchant
Douchebag
QUOTE(True-Boxing-Fan @ Jan 25 2009, 08:05 PM) [snapback]422217[/snapback]
To call Margarito a fraud is just wrong. The man has been a champion since 2002 and turned pro at age 15. He has always laid it all on the line. I would like to know more about the hand wrap situation but ask Trinidad about handwraps. Margo. has given boxing some great fights. Plus he has always wanted to fight the best at all times and he was being avoided for a little while. Just ask Lil FLoyd he had the chance to maybe exposed Margo. and he didnt want none at the time. To call Margarito a fraud is downplaying Mosley beautiful performance last night. Mosley turned back the clock. He was fast, powerful and put on a great display of boxing Mosley style. Mosley is a living legend and a p4p fighter. I would love for PBF to come out of retirement and fight Mosley. Mosley KO PBF inside 10. Shane Mosley I love you-Larry Merchant

I would fight anybody too if I had bricks on my fists...............................
Imperius3
I actually feel bad for Sal. It wasn't a good night for him. I know I made a comment last night about him slitting his own throat, but I regret that. I remember after the Cotto fight he gloated big time and made some rude comments. He was feeling pretty good about himself. I told him to watch himself because Margarito could very well lose his next fight. I guess Sal brought this on himself, however I for one will not ridicule him.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Jan 25 2009, 08:27 PM) [snapback]422223[/snapback]
I actually feel bad for Sal. It wasn't a good night for him. I know I made a comment last night about him slitting his own throat, but I regret that. I remember after the Cotto fight he gloated big time and made some rude comments. He was feeling pretty good about himself. I told him to watch himself because Margarito could very well lose his next fight. I guess Sal brought this on himself, however I for one will not ridicule him.

Don't worry I will ridicule him enough for the both of us.
Mean Mister Mustard
Sal may have seemed as if he was gloating because Margarito had finally gotten the big win after years of relative obscurity and people saying he was garbage so I can understand why he would present himself like that.

I wonder about the plaster thing. Many people didn't forget about Trinidad's double wraps but it stopped being mentioned after a while. But if this might be different.
Sugar Q
I told Sal his boy would be exposed and predicted Mosley (fighting smart) would do it. I'm sure my boy Sal is somewhere under a rock on another planet and to find out his boy Tony was cheating. Double wraps is one thing but bricking your wraps is another. that's really f'd up.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(True-Boxing-Fan @ Jan 25 2009, 08:05 PM) [snapback]422217[/snapback]
To call Margarito a fraud is just wrong.

No it's not, he's a fraud. and all of his fans that thought he was any ever good are all stupid.
Big Slim Sweet
Hey Rusty, how bout abolishing that Cotto hate wagon now that Margarito's reign of terror has ended?

Can't fault a guy for getting hit with bricks.
Big Slim Sweet
Salvador has always been one of the classier posters here IMO. He would try and talk sensibly and be reasonable with folks, then everyone would attack him for his opinions and he'd get the tiniest bit defensive and end up getting accussed of being rude by people who were acting far ruder than him. Honestly, I would read threads and be amazed by how he was able to keep his temper in check and continue his honest attempts at debate in the face of such fascist animosity.

I'm sure he must have felt like the white boy on that Chappelle Show Mad Real World skit.

Come on back, Sal. Take your lumps from the few legit posters who disagreed with your Margarito position and motherfuck the rest of them.
D-MARV
Salvador is cool with me...

Everybody's favorite fighter loses.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 26 2009, 04:36 PM) [snapback]422380[/snapback]
Everybody's favorite fighter loses.

Just think how bad BG has it, Zab has not won a real fight in years. laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jan 26 2009, 05:20 PM) [snapback]422399[/snapback]
Just think how bad BG has it, Zab has not won a real fight in years. laugh.gif

LOL where is BG anyway?
BigG
What are you talking about, Ernest Johnson was a beast!

But actually, Sal has it worst...I like Zab alot because of his talent and fighting style but I never expected him to make it far the WW division. I picked against him in both the Cotto and Clottey fights. Actually, he put up a proud effort against Cotto and even though he lost, it was a great fight which had everybody in the Garden on their feet.

Sal really thought Margarito was the shit and would beat Mosley and everybody else at Welterweight...

But Sal is a good poster.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 26 2009, 04:19 PM) [snapback]422374[/snapback]
Hey Rusty, how bout abolishing that Cotto hate wagon now that Margarito's reign of terror has ended?

Can't fault a guy for getting hit with bricks.

you have a point, I can't hate on Cotto for losing if that asshole was cheating. I guess I'll take it down
Douchebag
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 26 2009, 04:27 PM) [snapback]422377[/snapback]
Salvador has always been one of the classier posters here IMO. He would try and talk sensibly and be reasonable with folks, then everyone would attack him for his opinions and he'd get the tiniest bit defensive and end up getting accussed of being rude by people who were acting far ruder than him. Honestly, I would read threads and be amazed by how he was able to keep his temper in check and continue his honest attempts at debate in the face of such fascist animosity.

I'm sure he must have felt like the white boy on that Chappelle Show Mad Real World skit.

Come on back, Sal. Take your lumps from the few legit posters who disagreed with your Margarito position and motherfuck the rest of them.

Sal needs to quit bitching up and show up around here. When Cotto lost I was on here the very next day eating humble pie. I do feel a little vindicated now that we have found out about wraps this Sat.
BigG
He hasn't posted in a few weeks.
D-MARV
He hasn't been around for a while. In fact the last time I see him we were debating over Paul Williams and that was well before the holidays.
salvador
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Jan 25 2009, 09:27 PM) [snapback]422223[/snapback]

First of all I'm not hiding or even depressed, though I appreciate your concern. I've just been out of town without a computer and typing is just too big a pain on my iPhone. And while I am very disappointed in the gloves, I was out of my seat screaming wildly for shane in one of the most exciting and unexpected kos ever.

Marg is still my fav and I fully hope and expect someone to get the truth on those gloves. Meanwhile I'm very satisfied that at the ripe age of 29 marg finally got the shots he deserved. And I am very comfortable with everything I've said about him here and I still believe that everyone here who defended floyd's blatent ducking of marg is an idiot.

I'll post more when I get a real computer.
BigG
Good to see you still around dude...
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(salvador @ Jan 26 2009, 07:19 PM) [snapback]422426[/snapback]
Marg is still my fav and I fully hope and expect someone to get the truth on those gloves. Meanwhile I'm very satisfied that at the ripe age of 29 marg finally got the shots he deserved. And I am very comfortable with everything I've said about him here and I still believe that everyone here who defended floyd's blatent ducking of marg is an idiot.

yeah, and he took his shot and got completely abused like the trash can that he is. Way to show up.

oh yeah, not to mention he's a cheater. so that shot he "deserved", he probably didn't. At least he still has Lujon's ear, but it's possible that got knocked off because he is a cheating bitch.
Sugar Q
Margarito showed that not only didn't he belong in the ring with PBF but that ass would have gotten waxed before or after the Cotto fight. Come straight at him and you have a problem but great boxing skills easily defeats him. Floyd is a much smarter fighter than Shane and you can't miss Margarito.
The CEO
QUOTE(salvador @ Jan 26 2009, 07:19 PM) [snapback]422426[/snapback]
First of all I'm not hiding or even depressed, though I appreciate your concern. I've just been out of town without a computer and typing is just too big a pain on my iPhone. And while I am very disappointed in the gloves, I was out of my seat screaming wildly for shane in one of the most exciting and unexpected kos ever.

I'll post more when I get a real computer.

Good to see ya, Sal....but that's not good enough...I don't think you're being 100% with us (italicized)...you gloated more than you should have after Marg raped Cotto.....

You know I think you're better than most superfans, and we're alright....but I say you need to stick around and take some bricks...I mean licks....
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 26 2009, 08:08 PM) [snapback]422438[/snapback]
At the end of the day, Mayweather didn't want it and Mosley done it. Let's keep this about Mosley, Mayweather had an opportunity, but someone else did his dirty work in a fashion that Mayweather could only dream of.
I always thought Mayweather would beat Margarito, but that's not the point. He didn't, Shane did and that's that.

Pretty Much
STEVENSKI
For all these PBF riders who say that he would beat Margarito more easily than Shane the one point I would make is that Shane got in the trenches with Marg & was prepared to exchange on the inside. PBF would never ever consider taking that risk.

No stoppage for PBF in this one although it is 90% chance he would jab & flee his way to victory.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 26 2009, 09:21 PM) [snapback]422452[/snapback]
It would be Mayweather-Baldomir and that will never be impressive as to what Shane did to Margarito.

Agreed!

Shane is all MAN.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 26 2009, 09:21 PM) [snapback]422452[/snapback]
It would be Mayweather-Baldomir and that will never be impressive as to what Shane did to Margarito.

Pretty much, though I think Tony would have been a little tougher than Baldomir. Hell Yeah to the second part of your sentence!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 26 2009, 09:08 PM) [snapback]422438[/snapback]
At the end of the day, Mayweather didn't want it and Mosley done it. Let's keep this about Mosley, Mayweather had an opportunity, but someone else did his dirty work in a fashion that Mayweather could only dream of.
I always thought Mayweather would beat Margarito, but that's not the point. He didn't, Shane did and that's that.

Exactly. What Mosley did to Margarito doesn't change for one second what Mayweather wouldn't do. He gets no mulligan just because the guy he shamelessly ducked got his ass whipped by somebody else.

You know, it's funny. I've talked a lot of shit about Floyd the past couple of years for that duck job. But now I couldn't be happier with the way things turned out. Shane, a good guy who's had a little bit of a hard luck career rises to the occasion and gets a huge win in fantastic fashion, and Floyd still looks like a punk.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 26 2009, 05:34 PM) [snapback]422404[/snapback]
What are you talking about, Ernest Johnson was a beast!

Since there has been some complimenting going on here lately, I figured I would throw one your way if you do not mind. Besides being here forever and being an awesome poster who is very knowledgeable, you seem very laid back and non-confrontational. You are easy to joke with, and you can joke in return, and you always bring alot of substance. Maybe one day Zab will win a belt at 140, and we will all bow down to you, and you can laugh at all of us.
Imperius3
QUOTE(salvador @ Jan 26 2009, 06:19 PM) [snapback]422426[/snapback]
I was out of my seat screaming wildly for shane in one of the most exciting and unexpected kos ever.

I have a hard time believing that, but good seeing you.
salvador
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 26 2009, 09:23 PM) [snapback]422439[/snapback]
Good to see ya, Sal....but that's not good enough...I don't think you're being 100% with us (italicized)...you gloated more than you should have after Marg raped Cotto.....

You know I think you're better than most superfans, and we're alright....but I say you need to stick around and take some bricks...I mean licks....

I don't know how it would have been possible for me to have gloated more than I should have after the Cotto fight given the amount of nonsense that has been spewed my way over the years when Marg was languishing in semi-obscurity when nobody would fight him. For all that time I had the choice to either ignore the loud and constant trash talk about my favorite fighter or I could defend him. I defended him because I believed he was being ducked and it was unfair and because it was amazing to me that nobody wanted to see someone with his style and size advantages fighting the best at ww. I still think they were ducking him and it still angers me that people here seem to think it was ok for all those fighters to have dodged him all that time. When he finally got his shot against Cotto, he had the performance of a lifetime and I was thrilled. If anything, people should have been apologizing to me for being such loud and obnoxious and aggressive idiots for so long.

The thing is, I was thrilled even when Marg lost to Williams because it was such a great fight and because Marg kept coming forward all night throwing bombs and taking two to land one - which is all you can ask from a fighter. Almost all my favorite boxing performances come in losses (Tito losing to Hopkins, Vargas to Tito, Nelson to Sanchez, SRL to Duran, ect.), and Marg lost like a champion. And it was amazing to me that people here seemed to think less of Marg after that fight.

I love Marg and I have a really hard time believing that the hand wraps were filled with plaster. I say that because Richardson had the same problem with Tito (the only other time I can remember wraps being an issue in a modern fight) and I think it could have been a psychological trick. I also say that because they had Marg wrap his hands 3 times - is it really possible that after finding plaster in his gloves that the camp would wrap his hands illegally in front of Richardson two more times? It just doesn't make sense to me. If the gloves turn out to have been loaded, I'll be extraordinarily disappointed, but I'm not ready to concede that yet. Supposedly they have the illegal cloth and the longer that story goes without being verified, the less inclined I am to believe it.

As far as me being honest about watching Shane, I was. Watching him stand in front of Marg and go for the ko was an incredible sight - something I didn't think was possible.

salvador
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 27 2009, 01:21 AM) [snapback]422466[/snapback]
Exactly. What Mosley did to Margarito doesn't change for one second what Mayweather wouldn't do. He gets no mulligan just because the guy he shamelessly ducked got his ass whipped by somebody else.

You know, it's funny. I've talked a lot of shit about Floyd the past couple of years for that duck job. But now I couldn't be happier with the way things turned out. Shane, a good guy who's had a little bit of a hard luck career rises to the occasion and gets a huge win in fantastic fashion, and Floyd still looks like a punk.

well said
ROLL DEEP
Yeah, from now on....lets leave Mayweahter out of this.

MOSELY took the fight and won it in a superb fashion. Floyd could've had the fight, but didn't.

Mayweather would NEVER, EVER, EVER in his WILDEST dreams have taken the fight to Margarito the way Shane did and bust him up like that.

Shane all the way....he deserves all the credit in the world for taking and winning that fight.
The CEO
QUOTE(salvador @ Jan 28 2009, 10:33 AM) [snapback]422739[/snapback]
I don't know how it would have been possible for me to have gloated more than I should have after the Cotto fight given the amount of nonsense that has been spewed my way over the years when Marg was languishing in semi-obscurity when nobody would fight him. For all that time I had the choice to either ignore the loud and constant trash talk about my favorite fighter or I could defend him. I defended him because I believed he was being ducked and it was unfair and because it was amazing to me that nobody wanted to see someone with his style and size advantages fighting the best at ww. I still think they were ducking him and it still angers me that people here seem to think it was ok for all those fighters to have dodged him all that time. When he finally got his shot against Cotto, he had the performance of a lifetime and I was thrilled. If anything, people should have been apologizing to me for being such loud and obnoxious and aggressive idiots for so long.

The thing is, I was thrilled even when Marg lost to Williams because it was such a great fight and because Marg kept coming forward all night throwing bombs and taking two to land one - which is all you can ask from a fighter. Almost all my favorite boxing performances come in losses (Tito losing to Hopkins, Vargas to Tito, Nelson to Sanchez, SRL to Duran, ect.), and Marg lost like a champion. And it was amazing to me that people here seemed to think less of Marg after that fight.

I love Marg and I have a really hard time believing that the hand wraps were filled with plaster. I say that because Richardson had the same problem with Tito (the only other time I can remember wraps being an issue in a modern fight) and I think it could have been a psychological trick. I also say that because they had Marg wrap his hands 3 times - is it really possible that after finding plaster in his gloves that the camp would wrap his hands illegally in front of Richardson two more times? It just doesn't make sense to me. If the gloves turn out to have been loaded, I'll be extraordinarily disappointed, but I'm not ready to concede that yet. Supposedly they have the illegal cloth and the longer that story goes without being verified, the less inclined I am to believe it.

As far as me being honest about watching Shane, I was. Watching him stand in front of Marg and go for the ko was an incredible sight - something I didn't think was possible.

You are Guilty by Association.

(chokeslams Sal on the concrete)
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 28 2009, 10:44 AM) [snapback]422742[/snapback]
You are Guilty by Association.

(chokeslams Sal on the concrete)

laugh.gif

I laughed at that. Aahhhhh, the dear old 'chokeslam'.
Imperius3
QUOTE(salvador @ Jan 28 2009, 09:33 AM) [snapback]422739[/snapback]

This I don't like because you know it's not true. It's the other way around, and you damn well know that. The Margarito fans were loud, obnoxious, and unbearable. Everyone else just kindly told you to shut up...the best they could anyway. You constantly spewed that bullshit for years on this forum, sometimes in threads where it wasn't even relevant. Do you know how annoying that was? In the end, you only spread hate.

Really? You enjoyed watching your favorite fighter getting brutalized like that? Hard to imagine, but that's cool. I'm glad Margarito finally got his shot at the big time too.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Jan 28 2009, 02:48 PM) [snapback]422762[/snapback]
This I don't like because you know it's not true. It's the other way around, and you damn well know that. The Margarito fans were loud, obnoxious, and unbearable. Everyone else just kindly told you to shut up...the best they could anyway. You constantly spewed that bullshit for years on this forum, sometimes in threads where it wasn't even relevant. Do you know how annoying that was? In the end, you only spread hate.

Sal's being truthful here. I don't know what other sites you guys were visiting where the Margarito love flowed freely but around here it always seemed like his haters outnumbered his supporters at least 5-1. Every now and then you'd have some guy come in trolling and say a bunch of dumb shit and leave but for the most part this board has always been very anti-Margarito and very vocal about it.

To act like you and everyone else took the high road with Sal is laughable and utterly delusional.
Method
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 28 2009, 04:36 PM) [snapback]422787[/snapback]
Sal's being truthful here. I don't know what other sites you guys were visiting where the Margarito love flowed freely but around here it always seemed like his haters outnumbered his supporters at least 5-1. Every now and then you'd have some guy come in trolling and say a bunch of dumb shit and leave but for the most part this board has always been very anti-Margarito and very vocal about it.

To act like you and everyone else took the high road with Sal is laughable and utterly delusional.

There it is.
Douchebag
Sounds like fighthype had it right in regard to Fraudarito.
Fitz
I think the three main guys that defended Margarito were salvador, Big Slim and I think maybe The Original Mr Factor. I think salvador was maybe a bit bias at times, though always constructed good arguments for his reasoning, but the other two from what I saw just liked the guy and thought that he didn't get shots that he deserved or something. I don't actually recall many of them saying that he would beat anyone and everyone, more that he wasn't given the chance.
salvador did gloat a bit after the Cotto fight and with every post really made it a point that Cotto quit, didn't let that down, but I was kind of the same with Pavlik, lol.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 28 2009, 04:36 PM) [snapback]422787[/snapback]

I don't give a fuck about some "high-road". Margarito is a slow, no defense, round punching, whiny, never deserved any praise, cheater who got damaged by Mosley.
salvador
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Jan 28 2009, 02:48 PM) [snapback]422762[/snapback]
Really? You enjoyed watching your favorite fighter getting brutalized like that? Hard to imagine, but that's cool. I'm glad Margarito finally got his shot at the big time too.

Margs cause was always righteous and I along with a couple others here were in the extreme minority defending him here. The cotto fight was all the vindication we'll ever need.

As far as my questionable loyalty to my favorite fighter, I love all fighters who come to fight, and shane always comes to fight. Also, my first live match was dlh/mosley 1 and I actually interviewed jack mosley for boxingtalk.
Douchebag
QUOTE(salvador @ Jan 28 2009, 08:19 PM) [snapback]422824[/snapback]
Margs cause was always righteous and I along with a couple others here were in the extreme minority defending him here. The cotto fight was all the vindication we'll ever need.

As far as my questionable loyalty to my favorite fighter, I love all fighters who come to fight, and shane always comes to fight. Also, my first live match was dlh/mosley 1 and I actually interviewed jack mosley for boxingtalk.

Marg took his fans for suckers. Your loyalty to this scum is disgusting.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Jan 28 2009, 06:48 PM) [snapback]422762[/snapback]

That is rough. Some Margarito fans were obnoxious sure but they have nothing on the Trinidiots & Fraudites etc. Cotto had some serious nuthuggers as well & when he got beaten like the proverbial red headed stepchild how could Marg's fans not laugh & spit some venom.
The CEO
QUOTE(salvador @ Jan 28 2009, 08:19 PM) [snapback]422824[/snapback]

The sooner you distance yourself from that turd, Sal, the better....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.