Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fedor vs Arlovski
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
AussieLad
Before reading the result below, here is the fight, this is how i shouldve posted it from the start instead of spoiling the outcome.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=MvMeVWhS3p4

Man, fedor laid him out bad...

I had forgotten about this fight and just now thought 'oh shit i gotta watch it'. Arlovski seemed to be having some early success with his height, speed and nice straight punches... then if you blinked you probably missed fedor KOing him hard and leaving arlovski motionless on the canvas....

WOW

Its a real shame fedor is fighting on this obscure Affliction card. I think he has one more fight left on the contract. Please move over to the UFC and get some mainstream exposure in the USA. Please beat the shit out of lesnar, assuming he gets passed frank mir.
AussieLad
Just been watching the whole card. Man. Vitor Belfort vs Matt the law Lindland... woah

That KO was scary. Prostrate on the ground, staring up into space eyes open, leg twitching... down for a while out cold, then as you wake up you start trying to grapple the doctors helping you... watching his leg just twitching, get that guy to a hospital

Vitor is a dangerous mother fucker
Spyder
Fedor was getting his ass handed to him...he was on his way out when Arlovski got careless and Fedor landed his "prayer punch".

I just rolled my eyes when I saw it. rolleyes_anim.gif
BigG
I might be in the minority here but I think Fedor is a bit overrated ONLY because the opposition he beat is not really all that great. I want him to fight another great fighter like himself but unfortantely, the only "great" at Heavyweight just got destroyed by Brock Lesnar. Hopefully he fights the Mir-Lesnar winner..The HW division in MMA is as bad as the HW boxing in boxing..lol
Spyder
Arlovski was working him...it was pretty impressive. But he got too excited and tried some crazy jump-knee bullshit, and then goodnight.

It looked like he was on his way to a 1st round KO until that school yard crap attack.
Devo
dirol.gif ..... Insiders will tell you that the Pitbull has a glass jaw . I would take Mir over Arlovski ... Mir vs. Fedor may be interesting .... Lesnar beat up an old man that had not fought in over a year, he needs to show more . The African Assasin gassed again... prone to the big A-dump, Babalu is very entertaining . Little Fedor needs alot of work, Buentello is a joke . Lindland should stick with politics . Fedor would destroy Baby Face, we have no interest in that match-up . WEC Wrap: Little Evil is severely shop-worn, the promoters need to stop using big names to pad their pockets (Wanderlai, Matt Hughes also)... many fighters are long done . Would like to see Faber vs. Penn @ 55 next year. Not sure if Varner broke his hand... very possible ... but he gassed also . The Cowboy is taken down too easily... need to see more (Judge Vasquez had Cerrone winning... WTF ?) .... Brown will whack Garcia . UFC 94 : We love "The American Psycho" @ -150 .... check his opponents stats jester.gif & BJ needs to shut-up & fight .... GSP by decision . dirol.gif
Spyder
Crazy Horse needs to fight again...that guy is great!

AussieLad
LOL... Arlovski had a significant height and reach advantage, plus he is faster and a crisp striker (working alot of boxing with roach will do that for you) he had some early success sure, but he didnt make it out of the first round. It was like zab vs tszyu. You watch the first round and think zab is awesome, until the legend he is fighting gets his timing down and KO's him. The outcome was inevitable
boxingbiz
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Jan 26 2009, 04:31 PM) [snapback]422378[/snapback]
LOL... Arlovski had a significant height and reach advantage, plus he is faster and a crisp striker (working alot of boxing with roach will do that for you) he had some early success sure, but he didnt make it out of the first round. It was like zab vs tszyu. You watch the first round and think zab is awesome, until the legend he is fighting gets his timing down and KO's him. The outcome was inevitable

You think it was well-timed? or lucky?
Douchebag
I think it had more to do with Arlovski not being discipline in his approach and Fedor just took advantage of it. Props to Fedor but Arlovski could have won the fight. That's the difference between good and great.
Mean Mister Mustard
Big George, Fedor has beaten everyone, Crop Cop, Randelman, Coleman, Noriega, the list goes on and on. This guy is the Jack Dempsey of MMA.
BigG
Your giving him credit for the Coleman fight? Isn't Coleman like..I dunno..50 years Old?

Randleman? I don't know man..I was impressed with that win myself..but Rampage Jackson also KTFO out of Randleman brutally. He is a good wreselter but when did Fedor beat him? I know Randleman has been losing alot lately.
Snoop
I'm just glad I didn't pay for that shit. Arlovski impressed me with his new boxing skills and was handing it to him for the entire first round. He just got caught, don't know if it was a lucky punch or not, but got caught either way.
AussieLad
Fedors main strength is on the ground. The guy can pull off arm bars on anyone from just about any position. He has heavy hands but tends to wing his punches, which is why arlovski had some success. You have to remember, Arlovski was heavyweight champ in UFC and when he was at his best he looked unbeatable. Big, powerful, fast striker. He was feared. The fact that fedor KO'd him in one round is pretty impressive. I give props to arlovski though, his hands have definitely improved under roach. But if he was really making fedor uncomfortable he would have taken him to the ground and submitted him. Fedor easily beats couture. And whilst i think lesnar can bull rush any opponent for a few rounds with his grappling if he tries that with fedor he will get arm barred, and if he strikes with fedor the cyborgs winging punches will leave him unconcious. Fedor has alot of power, and he always finds a way to land his shots. Fedor beat Noguiera back when big nog was a beast and un-knock outable. The version of nog that Mir beat was way past his used by date. No way can Mir hit as hard as fedor. Fedor handles Mir fairly easily

Looks like that will be arlovskis last fight in MMA and he will move over to boxing. Roach said that if this affliction card had gone ahead as originally scheduled in october, arlovski would have appeared on the pac vs oscar undercard. Roach is saying he expects it wont be long till arlovski challenges for a heavyweight title in boxing, and given the state of the division i wouldnt be surprised if he did get a shot quickly. He wont beat either klit, but it depends on who holds the other belts. I can see him beating valuev, just like i can see alot of people beating valuev

Lindland is far from the best at that weight, but he is a tough dude and will give most guys problems. I would hesitate to say vitor is back, but it was a very impressive performance against a solid opponent. Its a pity neither he or babalu are in the UFC anymore. I think they can make some interesting matches

Affliction is a flash in the pan organization. The fact they rescheduled the entire card because of fedors hand injury, instead of getting a replacment and letting fedor fight on another night, thats a sure sign they will fold down the stretch
Snoop
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Jan 27 2009, 07:15 AM) [snapback]422476[/snapback]
Fedors main strength is on the ground. The guy can pull off arm bars on anyone from just about any position. He has heavy hands but tends to wing his punches, which is why arlovski had some success. You have to remember, Arlovski was heavyweight champ in UFC and when he was at his best he looked unbeatable. Big, powerful, fast striker. He was feared. The fact that fedor KO'd him in one round is pretty impressive. I give props to arlovski though, his hands have definitely improved under roach. But if he was really making fedor uncomfortable he would have taken him to the ground and submitted him. Fedor easily beats couture. And whilst i think lesnar can bull rush any opponent for a few rounds with his grappling if he tries that with fedor he will get arm barred, and if he strikes with fedor the cyborgs winging punches will leave him unconcious. Fedor has alot of power, and he always finds a way to land his shots. Fedor beat Noguiera back when big nog was a beast and un-knock outable. The version of nog that Mir beat was way past his used by date. No way can Mir hit as hard as fedor. Fedor handles Mir fairly easily

Looks like that will be arlovskis last fight in MMA and he will move over to boxing. Roach said that if this affliction card had gone ahead as originally scheduled in october, arlovski would have appeared on the pac vs oscar undercard. Roach is saying he expects it wont be long till arlovski challenges for a heavyweight title in boxing, and given the state of the division i wouldnt be surprised if he did get a shot quickly. He wont beat either klit, but it depends on who holds the other belts. I can see him beating valuev, just like i can see alot of people beating valuev

Lindland is far from the best at that weight, but he is a tough dude and will give most guys problems. I would hesitate to say vitor is back, but it was a very impressive performance against a solid opponent. Its a pity neither he or babalu are in the UFC anymore. I think they can make some interesting matches

Affliction is a flash in the pan organization. The fact they rescheduled the entire card because of fedors hand injury, instead of getting a replacment and letting fedor fight on another night, thats a sure sign they will fold down the stretch

Okay, granted they use 4 oz gloves in MMA rather than the 10 oz in boxing, but do you think Arlovski's brutal KO loss has an indication that he has a weak chin that may not carry over well in boxing?

Also, I never really thought Affliction was going anywhere with their MMA promotion, but they do make really cool clothing.
AussieLad
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 28 2009, 07:57 AM) [snapback]422727[/snapback]
Okay, granted they use 4 oz gloves in MMA rather than the 10 oz in boxing, but do you think Arlovski's brutal KO loss has an indication that he has a weak chin that may not carry over well in boxing?

Also, I never really thought Affliction was going anywhere with their MMA promotion, but they do make really cool clothing.

Arlovskis chin is average. Ive only ever seen him KO'd by big punchers. Its certainly not a glass jaw
Devo
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Jan 28 2009, 04:53 AM) [snapback]422729[/snapback]
Arlovskis chin is average. Ive only ever seen him KO'd by big punchers. Its certainly not a glass jaw

dirol.gif ... Arlovski has been KO'd by ...Datsik .. Pedro Rizzo .. Ricco Rodriquez .. Tim Sylvia (2 losses to Sylvia & that is unacceptable on your resume, the Maniac is a joke, totally exposed by Fedor) and there is a ton of stiffs on Arlovskis' record ...the Pitbull is over-rated & your not gonna see him for a long time ... he does have a glass jaw ...14-6 record, very average dirol.gif
Spyder
QUOTE(Devo @ Jan 28 2009, 07:08 AM) [snapback]422731[/snapback]
dirol.gif ... Arlovski has been KO'd by ...Datsik .. Pedro Rizzo .. Ricco Rodriquez .. Tim Sylvia (2 losses to Sylvia & that is unacceptable on your resume, the Maniac is a joke, totally exposed by Fedor) and there is a ton of stiffs on Arlovskis' record ...the Pitbull is over-rated & your not gonna see him for a long time ... he does have a glass jaw ...14-6 record, very average dirol.gif

What does that say about Fedor, if a very average fighter was whooping his ass?
Devo
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 28 2009, 02:34 PM) [snapback]422758[/snapback]
What does that say about Fedor, if a very average fighter was whooping his ass?

dirol.gif .... Fedors never been knocked out & he destroyed the Maniac in 36 seconds ... nuff said . There is really no place for the Pitbull to go unless Affliction matches him with Baby Face .... personally I think Arlovski vs. Mir would be entertaining ??? dirol.gif
AussieLad
Tim Sylvia is a 4 time UFC heavyweight champion. He holds wins over arlovski, monson, tre telligman, wes simms, brandon vera, lambert, silva, and was giving nogueira a beating till he got careless.

And i gotta laugh out loud at the guys on here who think fedor isnt any good. You really dont know shit LOL. Whoopee doo, the much taller faster striker, a former ufc heavyweight champion who has been working on his striking with legendary boxing trainer freddie roach, he manages to land some nice straight shots on fedor before getting laid out face first on the canvas in the first round... LOL... great argument... clapping.gif
Spyder
Arlovski was making Fedor look like he couldn't fight...landing at will. If he didn't get careless, it would've been Fedor going out in the first round.
Devo
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 29 2009, 09:27 AM) [snapback]422910[/snapback]
Arlovski was making Fedor look like he couldn't fight...landing at will. If he didn't get careless, it would've been Fedor going out in the first round.

...you need to share that smoke dude .........
rusty_trombone
not much separates the average guys, or even some of the lower tier guys, from the superstars of MMA. There's alot of parity, like the NFL now, maybe because they sort of have a salary cap.
AussieLad
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 30 2009, 01:02 AM) [snapback]423024[/snapback]
not much separates the average guys, or even some of the lower tier guys, from the superstars of MMA. There's alot of parity, like the NFL now, maybe because they sort of have a salary cap.

A poor poor deluded boxing fans... they are so used to seeing champions fight powder puffs and quibble over 2 percentage points of fight purses they actually believe that a guy getting paid 15 million dollars makes him automatically a better fighter than some dude getting $50,000...

Theres a big difference between the elite in MMA and the 2nd tier guys. Penn, GSP, Silva, Fedor... worlds apart from those beneath them
Spyder
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Jan 30 2009, 04:23 AM) [snapback]423060[/snapback]
A poor poor deluded boxing fans... they are so used to seeing champions fight powder puffs and quibble over 2 percentage points of fight purses they actually believe that a guy getting paid 15 million dollars makes him automatically a better fighter than some dude getting $50,000...

There is not a single player in the Arena League that would rather do what he's doing than play for millions in the NFL.
Snoop
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 30 2009, 07:40 PM) [snapback]423106[/snapback]
There is not a single player in the Arena League that would rather do what he's doing than play for millions in the NFL.

Not a single one? Dunno know about that.
Devo
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 30 2009, 02:40 PM) [snapback]423106[/snapback]

offtopic2.gif
Spyder
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 30 2009, 03:36 PM) [snapback]423122[/snapback]
Not a single one? Dunno know about that.

I, Spyder from the FightHype message board, guarantee that there isn't a single player in all of Arena Football that wouldn't rather be playing for millions in the NFL. laugh.gif

Devo, Aussielad mentioned that there is no difference between a guy getting paid $15 million and a guy getting $50,000...I was was merely pointing out that the guy getting paid $50k would trade places with the guy getting $15 million if he could.
AussieLad

In the perfect world i would like to see everyone get their fair share of $$$ for their efforts. But as far as i am concerned, huge paydays and PPV ruined boxing. People become so concerned about protecting their 0 loss record so one day they get a title shot, to headline a PPV, so one day they can earn millions of dollars, so much so that good fights go out the window. Mayweather, a great boxer, makes millions fighting minimal risk fights. Everyone nut hugs him like he was jesus curing lepers, but where are the risky and exciting fights...? I dont want to watch him fight baldomir for millions. At least in MMA the fighters are kept lean and hungry, and losing doesnt mean the end of your career as a headliner. If you make exciting fights, you get to fight on the big stage, and thats all that should matter. And if low pay days ensure the good scraps keep coming, then so be it.
Spyder
It doesn't have to be a perfect world, the MMA promoters just need to start paying their fighters. The fact that UFC can make $20 million off of a PPV and only pay the ENTIRE card less than $1 million is fucked. And as long as they pay their fighters scraps, the less likely you'll actually see well rounded, quality fighters...or guys like Fedor that can't defend a straight punch.

That was a funny-ass cartoon BTW! laugh.gif
AussieLad
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 31 2009, 02:15 AM) [snapback]423161[/snapback]
It doesn't have to be a perfect world, the MMA promoters just need to start paying their fighters. The fact that UFC can make $20 million off of a PPV and only pay the ENTIRE card less than $1 million is fucked. And as long as they pay their fighters scraps, the less likely you'll actually see well rounded, quality fighters...or guys like Fedor that can't defend a straight punch.

That was a funny-ass cartoon BTW! laugh.gif

The sport has already evolved well rounded fighters. Fighters are significantly more complete in their skillsets than they were in the early days. Take anderson silva for example, the guy is awesome at just about everything. He's like roy jones in his prime, only more fundamentally sound in technique and strategy. His jiu jitsu and muay thai are exceptional, and his transition from striking to wrestling to submissions are fluid and gracefull. GSP is a striker who never wrestled before mma, and yet his take downs and take down defence are superior than all star american wrestler josh koscheck's, josh couldnt take gsp down and yet gsp powered through him and put him on the ground at will. It mustve been embarassing for him.

With the growing popularity of the UFC, i expect guys will be making more from endorsements if they can take down a big name. The difference between boxing and ufc is that there are so many ways a fight can end, upsets are more likely and alot of people confuse that with the fighters being over hyped. Take faber for example, the guy is brilliant and yet his over confidence let him down and he got caught trying to land a charging elbow. Same with gsp, he got in there with Serra, a strong jiu jitsu fighter, yet got caught out by a powerful strike. Shit happens and he destroyed serra in the rematch. Its just the nature of the sport. Its like checkers and chess, theres alot more ways to get the job done in chess

Its almost a shame that the fighters have become so well rounded because i used to enjoy matches between pure styles. Watching a pure wrestler fight a striker, or a pure boxer vs a jiu jitsu fighter. Hell, they even had highly ranked sumo wrestlers getting their teeth kicked out every now and then, which i used to find hilarious. The only bit i didnt like about the old days are when you ended up with two wrestlers facing one another, and neither knew enough about the other disciplines to end the fight, those matches went forever and got pretty boring. These days guys have to learn everything, and at best you just get to see shades of their base styles
Devo
... Well written & well said .. kudos ! The UFC has groomed some well rounded & grounded athletes . I am not a DW fan, he is the Emmett Kelly of MMA ... he even looks like him except for the big red nose & he'll probably get that soon too ... but unlike boxing, MMA has some excellent ambassadors, GSP ... Anderson Silva ... Ace ... Rashad Evans ... Frank Mir ... (other leagues)> Faber & of course the Last Emperor . I have trouble relating to PBF ... Oscar ...B-Hop & Klitschko .... maybe not making the big-bux is the difference ?? ...Amend : Shane Mosely is an excellent spokesman for the sport ...extremely likable dude & he will always have our respect !
Spyder
Aussielad, I would disagree about fighters now being "well-rounded" and rather call them watered down. You're right about Anderson Silva...he's a badass.

Devo, people don't watch sports because they can relate to the athletes, they watch sports because the athletes can do extraordinary things. People didn't flock to watch Mike Tyson fight because they related to him, they did it because he knocked people the fuck out.
Devo
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 31 2009, 12:37 PM) [snapback]423317[/snapback]
Aussielad, I would disagree about fighters now being "well-rounded" and rather call them watered down. You're right about Anderson Silva...he's a badass.

Devo, people don't watch sports because they can relate to the athletes, they watch sports because the athletes can do extraordinary things. People didn't flock to watch Mike Tyson fight because they related to him, they did it because he knocked people the fuck out.

... Good point Spyder ...but I watched Tyson fights to see him hopefully get knocked out ...God Bless Buster in Japan, I remember like it was yesterday ... & I was there (I live near Memphis) when LL put him away ... lets bring Tyson back vs. Cabbage Carrera in a cage match ...lol ...(I did lose my shirt when he destroyed Razor Rudduck)
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Jan 31 2009, 02:03 AM) [snapback]423268[/snapback]
Its almost a shame that the fighters have become so well rounded because i used to enjoy matches between pure styles. Watching a pure wrestler fight a striker, or a pure boxer vs a jiu jitsu fighter. Hell, they even had highly ranked sumo wrestlers getting their teeth kicked out every now and then, which i used to find hilarious. The only bit i didnt like about the old days are when you ended up with two wrestlers facing one another, and neither knew enough about the other disciplines to end the fight, those matches went forever and got pretty boring. These days guys have to learn everything, and at best you just get to see shades of their base styles

I actually agree with this. It was much more entertaining watching a clash of styles, rather than a bunch of guys that are really that great at anything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.