Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Margarito cleared of wrongdoing in Cotto fight
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
kidbazooka1
link
Douchebag
Just means that they aren't investigating it not that there is any verification that he didn't do it. LMAO at fighters being closely monitored the athletic commission yet it took Brother Richardson to probe before the Mosley fight. rolleyes_anim.gif
Tha Docta
this pretty much sounds like "we didnt see shit and theres no way for us to find out anyway so i guess he didnt do it for the cotto fight"
Nay_Sayer
Read between the lines. They're waiting to see what the California Commission does...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jan 27 2009, 05:49 PM) [snapback]422534[/snapback]
this pretty much sounds like "we didnt see shit and theres no way for us to find out anyway so i guess he didnt do it for the cotto fight"

Yup pretty much.

But like i've said if it was aginst another fighter who didn't have a history of cheating i would agree with most here but Mosley was a cheat aswell and god knows how many times he may have gotten away with it in the past. So i say f*ck it an eye for an eye.
Box in Hand
This article only proves that they don't know shit. Once a cheater always a ________, or at least until they're caught.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Jan 27 2009, 05:56 PM) [snapback]422538[/snapback]
This article only proves that they don't know shit. Once a cheater always a ________, or at least until they're caught.

So the same should go for Mosley right?
Box in Hand
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 27 2009, 04:03 PM) [snapback]422539[/snapback]
So the same should go for Mosley right?

I posted a forum about Mosely's ass some time ago. I as a fighter have no respect for cheating. If you can't get it on merit, hard work, talent, and smarts, then it wasn't meant to be. Mosely's lucky Karma didn't catch his ass. He had a good trainer in Naz and that was a blessing.
Big Slim Sweet
Vastly different levels of cheating, so, no.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 27 2009, 06:10 PM) [snapback]422541[/snapback]
Vastly different levels of cheating, so, no.

Cheating is cheating being juiced up can give you a big f*king advantage. Trust me i know.
caneman
the real point is if the commission collects the wraps after each fight like they do piss test, there would never even be a question @ all! it's that plain & simple IMO!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 27 2009, 06:14 PM) [snapback]422543[/snapback]
Cheating is cheating being juiced up can give you a big f*king advantage. Trust me i know.

As I said in another thread I'm not of the mindset that 'cheating is cheating'. Of course if you get caught cheating you have to suffer the consequences but not all crimes are committed equal. Jaywalking is not the same as rape. And taking steroids to improve your endurance is not the same as putting bricks in your glove to pulverize your opponent's face. I'm sorry, not you or Method or anybody else on this board is going to convince me different.

And the Mosley thing was five years ago and by all accounts (so far) is over and done with. Margarito was three days ago. Quit trying to deflect attention away from the relevant matter at hand and quit trying to excuse Margarito just because Mosley got caught doing something completely different five years ago. An eye for an eye, get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 27 2009, 06:26 PM) [snapback]422547[/snapback]
As I said in another thread I'm not of the mindset that 'cheating is cheating'. Of course if you get caught cheating you have to suffer the consequences but not all crimes are committed equal. Jaywalking is not the same as rape. And taking steroids to improve your endurance is not the same as putting bricks in your glove to pulverize your opponent's face. I'm sorry, not you or Method or anybody else on this board is going to convince me different.

And the Mosley thing was five years ago and by all accounts (so far) is over and done with. Margarito was three days ago. Quit trying to deflect attention away from the relevant matter at hand and quit trying to excuse Margarito just because Mosley got caught doing something completely different five years ago. An eye for an eye, get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

Ofcourse if your biased towards that fighter you'll see it that way.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(caneman @ Jan 27 2009, 04:22 PM) [snapback]422545[/snapback]
the real point is if the commission collects the wraps after each fight like they do piss test, there would never even be a question @ all! it's that plain & simple IMO!

Thats' a very good point. I guess they would have to open the gloves after the final bell. I don't think they would implement it though due to live broadcast.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 27 2009, 06:28 PM) [snapback]422548[/snapback]
Ofcourse if your biased towards that fighter you'll see it that way.

My friend, you're as biased a poster as there is on this site. I remember you from past arguments and you simply have a hard time accepting things when they don't go your way.

The eye for an eye comment - are you saying that because Mosley admitted to past steroid use that it's just open season on him from here on out as far as you're concerned? That his opponent should be allowed to hit him with a bat if he chooses to do so?

Cheating is cheating, right? laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 27 2009, 04:54 PM) [snapback]422537[/snapback]
Yup pretty much.

But like i've said if it was aginst another fighter who didn't have a history of cheating i would agree with most here but Mosley was a cheat aswell and god knows how many times he may have gotten away with it in the past. So i say f*ck it an eye for an eye.

LOL... You must be a Margarito fan!!!

Was Mosley the one that tried to "CHEAT" on Saturday?

caneman
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Jan 27 2009, 05:32 PM) [snapback]422549[/snapback]
Thats' a very good point. I guess they would have to open the gloves after the final bell. I don't think they would implement it though due to live broadcast.

Most fighters take their gloves off right after the fight...you have 2 or 3 guys from the commission standing there waiting for the wraps, one guy writes the name of the fighter & all of them sign the zip lock bag! It's so cut & dry IMO! They wouldn't even have to test the wraps, just inspect them closely & as long as nothing came up hard there would be no problems or testing of the wraps. You can't get any simpler then that!!! Wraps here please & a few minutes later piss in this cup!
Snoop
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 27 2009, 11:26 PM) [snapback]422547[/snapback]

I agree with Big Slim here completely. His analogy to jaywalking and rape is very fitting. Margarito's cheating is FAR worse than Mosley's. Stretch it out as long as you want, but are you going to honestly say that Mosley taking enhancing drugs is as dangerous as Margarito loading his gloves? Seriously now. Think about it.

It is completely ridiculous that people are even bringing up Shane's case. I mean steroid allegations isn't being brought up in THIS fight, so why does it even matter? What does Shane taking roids in the past have to do with Margarito loading his gloves? It's like people are saying, "Yeah, Margarito did something that could potentially kill someone, but Shane cheated in the past, so it really isn't all that bad." It's a red herring. Plain and simple.
caneman
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 27 2009, 05:38 PM) [snapback]422552[/snapback]
LOL... You must be a Margarito fan!!!
Was Mosley the one that tried to "CHEAT" on Saturday?

Yep, he cheating by landing so many clean & hard punches to the head & body! laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
They definately need to fight again with the exact same type of gloves from there first fight. They need to make sure Margarito has his hands wrapped legally, then fight for about 10-12 rounds and see how Cotto's face looks. Then just compare.
Spyder
Of course the head of the NSAC says that nothing dirty happened in his state.

laugh.gif

What's he supposed to say? "We don't normally check fighter's hand wraps, so who knows if he cheated." lol The guy has to cover his ass and say that in Nevada...the shit is clean.
kidbazooka1
I think Maragrito should be punished to the full extent for that sh*t I don't give a f*ck whether im a fan or not there's no excuse for something like that but like I said it was Mosley for god sake and no I don't think it's should be open season on him from here on out but it would have been a good karma just to get his ass back this once.

Snoop
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 28 2009, 01:54 AM) [snapback]422585[/snapback]
I think Maragrito should be punished to the full extent for that sh*t I don't give a f*ck whether im a fan or not there's no excuse for something like that but like I said it was Mosley for god sake and no I don't think it's should be open season on him from here on out but it would have been a good karma just to get his ass back this once.

That is pointless reasoning. If that's how you think, the sport will never be clean.
Box in Hand
QUOTE(caneman @ Jan 27 2009, 04:41 PM) [snapback]422553[/snapback]
Most fighters take their gloves off right after the fight...you have 2 or 3 guys from the commission standing there waiting for the wraps, one guy writes the name of the fighter & all of them sign the zip lock bag! It's so cut & dry IMO! They wouldn't even have to test the wraps, just inspect them closely & as long as nothing came up hard there would be no problems or testing of the wraps. You can't get any simpler then that!!! Wraps here please & a few minutes later piss in this cup!

Yeah that'll work.
Method
I agree with Big Slim here completely. His analogy to jaywalking and rape is very fitting. Margarito's cheating is FAR worse than Mosley's

Im sorry, but if you two really feel that one of these is jay walking, and the other is rape, then you are BOTH fucking stupid. There's really no other explanation.
Douchebag
Cheating is cheating and both of them should have gotten some sort of punishment however, the punishment should fit the crime. If anybody doesn't see that there is a different level of severity between juicing and lacing your hands with concrete then there really isn't any point in debating them on this.
Snoop
QUOTE(Method @ Jan 28 2009, 01:57 AM) [snapback]422588[/snapback]
Im sorry, but if you two really feel that one of these is jay walking, and the other is rape, then you are BOTH fucking stupid. There's really no other explanation.

Right. Just like how your childish insult had no explanation. When people point fingers, they don't realize there's three fingers pointing back at them.

Expected more out of you bro.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 27 2009, 08:56 PM) [snapback]422586[/snapback]
That is pointless reasoning. If that's how you think, the sport will never be clean.

Why do I get the feeling that if the tables were turned some of you wouldn't be thinking that way especially considering the enormous Margarito hate around this board.

Snoop
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 28 2009, 02:22 AM) [snapback]422597[/snapback]
Why do I get the feeling that if the tables were turned some of you wouldn't be thinking that way especially considering the enormous Margarito hate around this board.

No, if Shane Mosley used loaded gloves, I'd think he is a bitchmade fighter for that shit, but I also wouldn't bring up the past of Margarito either.

I didn't even dislike Margarito before this whole incident. I just thought he was overrated. But this shit that he tried to pull, this is fucking disgusting.
D-MARV
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 27 2009, 08:04 PM) [snapback]422591[/snapback]
Right. Just like how your childish insult had no explanation. When people point fingers, they don't realize there's three fingers pointing back at them.

Expected more out of you bro.

Method has always been like that... If you say something he doesn't like then you're a fucking moron. Don't sweat it dude.
D-MARV
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 27 2009, 07:54 PM) [snapback]422585[/snapback]

If that's how you really feel then it's a good thing that you're not a fighter or a trainer.
Snoop
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 28 2009, 03:14 AM) [snapback]422622[/snapback]
Method has always been like that... If you say something he doesn't like then you're a fucking moron. Don't sweat it dude.

Yeah figured that. Dude is a good poster though, but I guess only when you agree with him dntknw.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 27 2009, 09:15 PM) [snapback]422624[/snapback]
Yeah figured that. Dude is a good poster though, but I guess only when you agree with him dntknw.gif

Oh yeah no doubt! He's a really good poster but God forbid you say something against him.
The CEO
"When he opened it up, a little square block of old wet gauze packed real tight came out," Richardson said. "It was like it had plaster on it. I think it had an old dried up blood stain on it."

D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 27 2009, 10:05 PM) [snapback]422657[/snapback]
"When he opened it up, a little square block of old wet gauze packed real tight came out," Richardson said. "It was like it had plaster on it. I think it had an old dried up blood stain on it."

WOW!!!!!

Where the fuck did you find that?

I never boxed... But is it normal to have a blood stain under your gloves?
Spyder
Who's blood was it? Cotto's? Cintron's?

They should DNA test it...not that DNA tests prove anything in California. laugh.gif
Spyder
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 27 2009, 10:06 PM) [snapback]422659[/snapback]
WOW!!!!!

When you bust up your knuckles it is...
The CEO
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 27 2009, 10:06 PM) [snapback]422659[/snapback]
WOW!!!!!

I'm roving, man....finding all kinds of shit...lol

I've never boxed...but I'm thinking yes...if the one wearing the gloves knuckles bled....

I'm trying to let y'all think this out on your own....but wouldn't it make sense if they reused pieces that were already shaped to fit Margarito's knuckles?

P.S.~ For those who don't know...yep...that's the Cotto fight.

KookedKrack
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 27 2009, 10:14 PM) [snapback]422664[/snapback]
I'm roving, man....finding all kinds of shit...lol

I've never boxed...but I'm thinking yes...if the one wearing the gloves knuckles bled....

I'm trying to let y'all think this out on your own....but wouldn't it make sense if they reused pieces that were already shaped to fit Margarito's knuckles?
P.S.~ For those who don't know...yep...that's the Cotto fight.

the nail in the coffin
The CEO
and I forgot to highlight this part of Naaz' observation....

They'll probably never be able to prove that he used plaster against Cotto...unless there's confessions.....but I'm convinced he did...
Spyder
Wow!

How can they possibly claim otherwise?
KookedKrack
cotto needs to hire c.e.o. because if the is doing this with just info on the net imagine the shit he would find lol
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Jan 27 2009, 10:32 PM) [snapback]422671[/snapback]
cotto needs to hire c.e.o. because if the is doing this with just info on the net imagine the shit he would find lol

laugh.gif
The CEO
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Jan 27 2009, 10:18 PM) [snapback]422665[/snapback]
the nail in the coffin

There's alot of details and semantics....like maybe it wasn't a blood stain observed before the Mosley fight ....but it WAS described as an OLD piece of gauze....and you'd think Richardson could tell the difference between old and new gauze...

but anyway....

This is just telling me something we already knew after we heard he got busted....

QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 27 2009, 10:23 PM) [snapback]422668[/snapback]
Wow!

How can they possibly claim otherwise?

There's no way to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt....they'll just deny and deny I think...unless it was Cotto's blood....and I don't think there's any way that could be the case....maybe they could test "the age" of the blood? I know a little about forensics....but I'm not sure if they can do that or not...
The CEO
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Jan 27 2009, 10:32 PM) [snapback]422671[/snapback]

laugh.gif

I'm a Professional Hater, man...what can I say?

thumbsup_anim.gif
MarzB
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 27 2009, 06:26 PM) [snapback]422547[/snapback]

Great post but this is not even apples to oranges. Lets be realistic here, after Mosley lost to Forrest he was looking frankly like schit. Between "Wack Jack's" "powerboxing" (sighing at that) and this being the time he was "juicing", it's NOT like Mosley was seeing positive results. Lets go back shall we. The Marquez fight was damn near even before it was stopped. No need to even discuss the Wright fights. By then he went back to welterweight where again, he didn't look great against Estrada or Cruz. The point being is Mosley didn't really see any advantages by juicing. I forgot, he barely beat dela Hoya the second time. Had Oscar not had his typical lack of conditioning and fading late, he would have won that fight.

On the other hand Margarito has what are nearly bricks in his hand. A wrapped hand is already solid, with some "plaster" like substance, you're talking literally about a "cast" in hand. Heck, I'm amazed crybaby Cintron hasn't spoken out yet.
Snoop
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 28 2009, 04:35 AM) [snapback]422673[/snapback]
There's no way to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt....they'll just deny and deny I think...unless it was Cotto's blood....and I don't think there's any way that could be the case....maybe they could test "the age" of the blood? I know a little about forensics....but I'm not sure if they can do that or not...

It's hard to imagine that Cotto's blood would somehow go through the glove, onto Margarito's handwraps and I've been a boxer for about 5 years now. Granted, it's only amateur ranks, but I've made some muthafuckas bleed (as they have me), and I've never seen anything like that happen before.
Snoop
Back to the topic...

"You can't prove a negative," Kizer told SI.com. "But I'm as certain as I can be that Margarito did not do anything illegal against Cotto."
My only question is "How?"

"Most of the time, fighters are just trying to protect their hands," said Kizer. "I've heard of fighters wanting to put tissue inside their gloves to keep their hands safe."

Yes and old wet gauze with blood stains on them are the best way to do that.

This article is completely useless. I'm surprised it even made to a publication like Sports Illustrated.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Method @ Jan 27 2009, 08:57 PM) [snapback]422588[/snapback]

Obviously jaywalking is not to rape what steroids are to loaded gloves. It was an extreme comparison and I'm sure Snoopnick realized that when he agreed with it. I'm not stupid brother, no need to be sorry.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jan 27 2009, 09:22 PM) [snapback]422597[/snapback]

I have no idea why you get that feeling. Until this situation I'd consistently been one of Margarito's most vocal supporters here for years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.