Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the Worse Form of Cheating?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Snoop
I just saw that the other THREE discussions regarding Margarito's use of loaded gloves have somehow changed into this, a "Steroid use is just as bad or worse than loaded gloves" discussion. I thought that it was distracting from the main points of the other threads and thought it warranted a thread of its own.

I for one, think that Steroid use is a far less dangerous form of cheating than loaded gloves. IMO, steroid use enhances your performance, which in the end, may make you a more dangerous fighter, but to say it would kill someone like loaded gloves would, is a long stretch. Loaded gloves is like fighting with bricks and it's far more deliberate than steroid use.

BUT, I also don't know too much about steroids so I'm interested in learning from the more knowledgeable posters. I didn't included a "cheating is cheating" option, because I want those posters to be forced to choose one.

Also, I hope this doesn't turn into a "I hate Roy Jones, I hate James Toney, or I hate Shane Mosley" thread. Please focus on the topic and not the fighter.
Douchebag
Keep in mind how many fighters have lost and have been on roids. Fernando Vargas comes to mind.
Snoop
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 28 2009, 02:07 AM) [snapback]422592[/snapback]
Keep in mind how many fighters have lost and have been on roids. Fernando Vargas comes to mind.

Exactly. And how many fighters have been permanently damaged or killed from a boxer using steroids, as opposed to someone being permanently damaged or killed from a boxer using loaded gloves?
rusty_trombone
I voted for Loaded Gloves because whatever Margarito does, by extension of him being such a dickbag, has to be worse.
Douchebag
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 27 2009, 08:32 PM) [snapback]422604[/snapback]
I voted for Loaded Gloves because whatever Margarito does, by extension of him being such a dickbag, has to be worse.

You are truly worthy of being the number one member of the fraudarito hate wagon.
KookedKrack
put it like this would you rather fight someone on steroids or some one with bricks in their fucking gloves
Snoop
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 28 2009, 02:32 AM) [snapback]422604[/snapback]

Uh...normally I'd want to focus on the issue and not the fighter, but Margarito is a cocksmoker.
Snoop
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 28 2009, 02:34 AM) [snapback]422605[/snapback]
You are truly worthy of being the number one member of the fraudarito hate wagon.

That being said, you got room on the wagon bro?
KookedKrack
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 27 2009, 08:53 PM) [snapback]422614[/snapback]

forreal man all this bullshit is making me like margarito less and less
Snoop
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Jan 28 2009, 02:55 AM) [snapback]422616[/snapback]
forreal man all this bullshit is making me like margarito less and less

Forreal. I didn't even dislike Margarito before this whole incident. But now, man, that shit is disgraceful.
Snoop
Shit, before anyone calls me out on my hypocritical ass, I will be staying away from Margarito bashing posts...(Margarito is a douchebag piece of shit).....NOW
D-MARV
To be honest with you guys, I really don't dislike Margarito. It's his fans I hate. And you can see why by the reaction to this whole mess...

I swear Margarito fans are worst then Mayweather fans.
KookedKrack
yea this shit is ridiculous because shane did steroids( he passed a lie detector saying he didnt know they were steroids btw) he deserves to be hit by bricks you guys are totally right its not margarito its the idiot fans
Snoop
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 28 2009, 03:19 AM) [snapback]422628[/snapback]
To be honest with you guys, I really don't dislike Margarito. It's his fans I hate. And you can see why by the reaction to this whole mess...
I swear Margarito fans are worst then Mayweather fans.

Well, I didn't dislike him BEFORE this either. And in my defense, (even though I know nobody called me out, yet) the reason I dislike him now is because him or his team tried to pull this bullshit.
The CEO
Uhhhhhhh.......could it be....LOADED GLOVES??!!

Even worse than deliberately spitting out your mouthpiece to gain time if you ask me....

but really...loading gloves is a capital offense, guys...The Boxing World doesn't take that shit lightly.....
Lil-lightsout
The only thing worse than loaded gloves, is when James Butler smashed Richard Grant with NO GLOVES.
Spyder
James Butler is a piece of shit.

I hope he gets anally raped in the penn.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 27 2009, 10:04 PM) [snapback]422654[/snapback]
James Butler is a piece of shit.

I hope he gets anally raped in the penn.

Didn't he Kill Max Kellerman's brother?

Fucking piece of shit.
Spyder
After the whole Richard Grant thing...the Kellerman's took him in to help get him out, and he pays them back by killing Sam.
Box in Hand
There are several heinous acts of cheating in boxing.

1. Crooked Judges
2. Putting shit on your gloves (Liston, Ali)
3. Steroids
4. Laced Gloves

By far, the worst of these is laced gloves. You can turn someone into a vegetable or bring about death. I know a lot of people don't like Margs. I think he's a decent guy who just happens to be an overrated fighter who has longed for fame so badly that he may have made some very poor choices.
Snoop
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Jan 28 2009, 04:30 AM) [snapback]422670[/snapback]
There are several heinous acts of cheating in boxing.

1. Crooked Judges
2. Putting shit on your gloves (Liston, Ali)
3. Steroids
4. Laced Gloves

By far, the worst of these is laced gloves. You can turn someone into a vegetable or bring about death. I know a lot of people don't like Margs. I think he's a decent guy who just happens to be an overrated fighter who has longed for fame so badly that he may have made some very poor choices.

So...is that list from least fucked up to most fucked up? Or is there no particular order? Just curious...
Box in Hand
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 27 2009, 09:59 PM) [snapback]422684[/snapback]
So...is that list from least fucked up to most fucked up? Or is there no particular order? Just curious...

No particluar order, I just wrote as they came. Funny how the worst is at the end isn't it?
The CEO
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Jan 27 2009, 10:30 PM) [snapback]422670[/snapback]
I think he's a decent guy....

Does THIS look like a photo a "decent" guy?

laugh.gif

Looks like a criminal minded individual if you ask me....
Snoop
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 28 2009, 05:14 AM) [snapback]422689[/snapback]
Does THIS look like a photo a "decent" guy?

laugh.gif
Looks like a criminal minded individual if you ask me....

LMFAO! Where the fuck do you get these things? That looks the picture they show on "America's Most Wanted" when they're urging viewers to call with any related tips on the whereabouts. laugh.gif
The CEO
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 27 2009, 11:33 PM) [snapback]422694[/snapback]
LMFAO! Where the fuck do you get these things? That looks the picture they show on "America's Most Wanted" when they're urging viewers to call with any related tips on the whereabouts. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I've been killing Margarito, Calzaghe, AND Hatton superfans on the side at another board....it's like shootin' fish in a barrel....lol....got 'em from there....

The CEO
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 27 2009, 11:51 PM) [snapback]422702[/snapback]
I don't know why Pavlik doesn't get so much hate. You know how people go on how Margarito is overrated? Pavlik was more so, it wasn't just a select Pavlik fans, it seemed liek the boxing world was on his nuts, and he turned out to be a dud like I said for a long time.
I don't get it, from my perspective it was far more annoying hearing how great Pavlik was from the boxing community than how great Margarito was from a small Margarito super fan group.

If you saw what I saw on that board I'm talkin' about, you would have hated Margarito WAY more than Pavlik....shit was insane...and now they're all payin' the price....it's awesome....great fun.

Come to think of it...there was only like 5, 7 Margalocos here at their strongest....how many Pavlicks were here?....less than that I think...

Maybe you hate Pavlik because you want Kessler to be regarded higher than him....lol

iMo....Pavlik is just as good or better than Kessler...and DEFINITELY better than Margarito....

The CEO
Well....I can tell you this....I didn't think THAT highly of him...I just liked his smashmouth, knock 'em out style.....at his zenith before the Hopkins loss, I thought he was a full notch above Kessler.... I wouldn't have argued with anyone saying he was anywhere from 8-10 on the P4P....
The CEO
Look at this, Fitz....this pic is just the TIP of the nationalistic iceberg concerning the Marg hugging I saw....

laugh.gif

There was even a guy with a photoshopped sig of Margarito punching The Earth, and it exploding....saying "KO 1" and all that...lol....
D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 27 2009, 11:44 PM) [snapback]422700[/snapback]
laugh.gif

I've been killing Margarito, Calzaghe, AND Hatton superfans on the side at another board....it's like shootin' fish in a barrel....lol....got 'em from there....

You have let me in on this other board... Im trying to get down!
The CEO
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 28 2009, 12:20 AM) [snapback]422710[/snapback]
You have let me in on this other board... Im trying to get down!

laugh.gif

I will only let you in if you promise to join forces with me in The Cause and NEVER betray FH....that no matter what....THIS...is your home board....

I have told them many times that their board and the quality of their members (the neverending supply of garbage fans there) are lacking....and that I'm just passin' through trying to help....because I feel sorry for them that the small handful of "good Boxing fans" they have there have to deal with that shit...lol

I got your word?

Snoop
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 28 2009, 06:18 AM) [snapback]422709[/snapback]
There was even a guy with a photoshopped sig of Margarito punching The Earth, and it exploding....saying "KO 1" and all that...lol....

FUCK!! I couldn't stop laughing when I read that shit... laugh.gif
caneman
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 28 2009, 12:46 AM) [snapback]422715[/snapback]
I also get what you are saying about certain boards. I have never posted much on another board, but I lurked on a board for a while. Can't remember the name, but they were all nuthuggers of the white euro heavyweights.

Well hell bro, even the white buffalo has a fan, even frank bruno! Both hate & love go a long way sometimes.
STEVENSKI
There is nothing wrong with being a fan of a fighter. It is when the fan starts drinking Kool Aid & talking absolute nonsense that it gets out of hand.
D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 28 2009, 12:27 AM) [snapback]422711[/snapback]
laugh.gif

I will only let you in if you promise to join forces with me in The Cause and NEVER betray FH....that no matter what....THIS...is your home board....

I have told them many times that their board and the quality of their members (the neverending supply of garbage fans there) are lacking....and that I'm just passin' through trying to help....because I feel sorry for them that the small handful of "good Boxing fans" they have there have to deal with that shit...lol

I got your word?

You have my Word!
The CEO
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 28 2009, 12:44 AM) [snapback]422714[/snapback]
Hahaha. I'm sure Pacquiao would have something to say about that.

No DOUBT about that....

QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 28 2009, 08:31 AM) [snapback]422732[/snapback]
You have my Word!

Alrighty....PM on the way....
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 27 2009, 08:53 PM) [snapback]422614[/snapback]

of course, i'll put you on. i wonder if everyone would hate him if he just got his ass beat, instead of attempting to cheat and then getting his ass beat.
JLUVBABY
my vote goes to loaded gloves because i dont think steroids makes fighters like ivan drago.. loaded gloves however can causes a lot more damage than regular fist... and my thoughts on margarito is this... he demolished cotto... a fighter that fought the same shane mosely and won, shane made it close but he beat him... margarito coldnt touch him and early he looked likethe same damn margarito.. his punches caught up with cotto as the fight went on and we saw the outcome... you HAVE to look back now and wonder... cotto is a tough fighter and margarito couldnt put a dent in mosely.... well he didnt touch mosely but you have o wonder now how much of that was maybe those glancing blows he lands didnt have the extra touch to them... if its true it has to make you wonder how good certan fighters really are like a clottey or a paul williams..
Snoop
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 29 2009, 01:51 AM) [snapback]422819[/snapback]
of course, i'll put you on. i wonder if everyone would hate him if he just got his ass beat, instead of attempting to cheat and then getting his ass beat.

Nah. I don't think I would. But since your wagon also includes his fans, I'd have to think about it.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 29 2009, 12:31 AM) [snapback]422890[/snapback]
Nah. I don't think I would. But since your wagon also includes his fans, I'd have to think about it.

think about being on the wagon? too late, you're added.
Snoop
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 30 2009, 01:45 AM) [snapback]423019[/snapback]
think about being on the wagon? too late, you're added.

No I'm on board for sure. I was just thinking that if Margarito hadn't used those illegal wraps, if I'd join. I never really hated him before this whole incident, but did hate his fans.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 29 2009, 07:47 PM) [snapback]423020[/snapback]
No I'm on board for sure. I was just thinking that if Margarito hadn't used those illegal wraps, if I'd join. I never really hated him before this whole incident, but did hate his fans.

you probably would have joined, his superfans are fucking stupid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.