Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who took the worse beating?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The CEO
Yep...another poll....keepin' it hot....

I say Margarito....I don't care if it's proven his gloves were loaded against Cotto or not...

Shane beat Tony as if he found out Tony had slapped his momma.....like Tony accidentally stepped on his fresh pair of Nikes or something.....

He seriously looked like he was literally trying to KILL him in there.....laugh.gif
BigG
I don't know...I think Margarito...seriously, he gets mad credit for his chin but theres only SO MUCH you can take. Mosley gave him a total beating...landed a shit load of heavy right hands. THIS was more brutal than Pac-DLH.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 28 2009, 12:04 PM) [snapback]422754[/snapback]
I don't know...I think Margarito...seriously, he gets mad credit for his chin but theres only SO MUCH you can take. Mosley gave him a total beating...landed a shit load of heavy right hands. THIS was more brutal than Pac-DLH.

i dont know, cottos face looked like got he beat with a baseball bat. almost unrecognizable. marg wasnt pounded so bad that he had to quit. cotto on the other hand got such a terrible beating that even he didnt want to continue the fight.
D-MARV
Margarito may not have wanted to quit but if he was allowed to continue he would have been killed.
Imperius3
Margarito took 9 rounds of inhuman punishment and was almost knocked unconscious. Each round was just cruel, ferocious torture. Shane did all but kill him IMO.
Method
Cotto got literally beat into submission. He was busted up both internally AND externally.

My vote is for Cotto.
Spyder
Getting beat into submission is a vicous experience...although so is getting beat from your senses...

I voted for Margarito's ass whooping from Shane...that shit was HOT! thumbsup_anim.gif
The CEO
If you include the shame Margarito is now suffering after the fight....there would be absolutely no question it was him...lol....the guy is gettin' burned at the stake.

I can't believe 4 have said Cotto took the worse in ring beating so far though....

Cotto was pretty much schooling Margarito the majority of the of the 1st half of the fight....he was doing the hitting and not GETTING hit that much....and he was mostly taking body shots then too I believe....

After he was tired, and the plaster had fully set...Margarito then started takin' his bricks to Cotto's face...

On the other hand....Mosley came out there and had absolutely no regard for his opponent from the opening bell...ran right through him with one of the most brutal, thorough attacks I've seen in long time....

Without actually counting...I have NO idea how many times he teed off on Marg's head throughout that mismatch....

Lil-lightsout
From there physical appearances, definately looks like Cotto took the worse beating. But overall Margarito took a longer thorough beating for all 9 rounds with alot of hard head shots. Cotto was so exhausted and taking shots which is worse, where Margarito was not exhausted and taking shots. So I really do not know who to honestly pick. But since I am a fan of Mosley, I will go with him.
Imperius3
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 28 2009, 12:41 PM) [snapback]422761[/snapback]
Without actually counting...I have NO idea how many times he teed off on Marg's head throughout that mismatch....

That's the keyword: mismatch. And that's what makes Margarito's beating so much worse. Cotto was schooling Margarito as far as I'm concerned. Cotto did eventually give up, but now that Margarito's handwraps are being called into question...it makes you wonder. Against Mosley, Margarito was almost knocked out cold. 9 rounds of brutal punishment, out on his feet, and knocked down twice. He was completely detached, I'm not even sure if he knew where he was at the moment.
lloyd mayflower
i reckon margarito based on the fact that he took a load of punishment from cotto before cotto eventually wore down, and had to quit, then followed that fight up by receiveng a horrible tanking from mosley where shane was able to plant his feet and throw punches from a fuckin rocky film. maybe will re evaluate that if miguel cotto is brutally outclassed and stopped by michael jennings...
hardhead
I voted Margarito because those bombs, and the way Shane was banging Margarito, will forever be etched in my mind. I think Margarito is going to have nightmares of Mosley for a long time.
KookedKrack
cotto only took a beating in the ring..... margarito got his manhood took last weekend by shane and ever since by the fighthype.com boards
JonnyBlaze
I say Cotto..Cotto was bleeding like crazy and was really fucked up..Margarito got more of a one sided beating against Shane but we are taking about who took more pain and I think Cotto did..
D-MARV
Well considering that Margarito was beaten nearly unconscious, I have to say Mosley handed out a more brutal BEATDOWN.
JLUVBABY
this is an easy post for me.. cotto was in the fight against margarito... even when he couldnt take the hand cast, (i mean the knockout blows) anymore.... mosely handed margarito a one sided beating... makes you wonder how a mosely cotto 2 fight looks... that fight to me made mosely the man at 147...
PUERTOROCKS
Maybe Margarito left something in the ring in the Cotto fight...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.