Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Margarito and Capetillo Temporarily Suspended by CSAC
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
JD
Not to add more threads, but at least this is some new news.

To be honest, I was surprised he wasn't temporarily suspended on Monday. But the news here is that the DOJ is now doing the analyzing on the wraps. There is a hearing on the 10th where they will both have to appear...but the DOJ being involved is not a good sign.

This does not look good for Team Margarito at all.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=18131
The CEO
Yep...shit's gettin' serious now....

btw...has anyone else heard that there was gonna be a one on one with Margarito on Sportscenter tonight (11pm E)..?
JD
Yeah...I heard the same thing. Sportscenter at 11 PM.
STEVENSKI
I think Margarito is most likely guilty based on the evidence I have seen but the way people on here are treating him it is like he interfered with their children for 20 years & then started on the grandkids.

GET OVER IT! He cheated! A boatload of other fighters have cheated & are cheats. Promoters & judges are crooked. This is boxing!! Did you expect anything else from this sport but shady dealings & skullduggery.
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 29 2009, 02:45 AM) [snapback]422832[/snapback]
I think Margarito is most likely guilty based on the evidence I have seen but the way people on here are treating him it is like he interfered with their children for 20 years & then started on the grandkids.

GET OVER IT! He cheated! A boatload of other fighters have cheated & are cheats. Promoters & judges are crooked. This is boxing!! Did you expect anything else from this sport but shady dealings & skullduggery.

Dude. Just let us have our moment. biggrin.gif
The CEO
laugh.gif

snoop's right, STEVEN....this our moment, and we want Margarito to pay...

You know if Roy got busted trying to do THIS shit, you and I and many others would be all over him too....worse than ever....
KookedKrack
say what you want but i have reason to believe that our threads helped lol
The CEO
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Jan 28 2009, 08:51 PM) [snapback]422835[/snapback]
say what you want but i have reason to believe that our threads helped lol

lol...I totally agree.....Team Margarito's gone into complete damage control from the internet rage against him....

1 on 1 with Margarito...ESPN....Sportscenter...11pm Eastern....book it.
Nay_Sayer
Mr. Shit, meet Mr. Fan....
D-MARV
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 28 2009, 08:45 PM) [snapback]422832[/snapback]

With the way you talk about Roy Jones Jr, You have no room to talk!!!!!!!!
caneman
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 28 2009, 09:17 PM) [snapback]422840[/snapback]
With the way you talk about Roy Jones Jr, You have no room to talk!!!!!!!!

Roid deserves it too though! I think it's bullshit we have to wait til the 10th to know! this ain't rocket science...they had plaster or they didn't. it's bullchit!
D-MARV
What Margarito OR his trainer tried to do was worst than Roy's situation.

He was tested positive for "Ripped Fuel". You can buy that at any local Grocery Store! If it was so bad then why wasn't Roy Suspended or fined?
You guys are silly! LOL

caneman
don't get your thong bunched up bruh, I was kidding! It's the same difference really though! Y'all hate Margarito & I hate RJJ!

PLUS! Actually there isn't any proof yet in this case either but either way fuck roid! Better still fuck Roid, Judah & PBF with a pool cue in the ass! / thread
Fitz
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 29 2009, 01:57 PM) [snapback]422854[/snapback]
What Margarito OR his trainer tried to do was worst than Roy's situation.
He was tested positive for "Ripped Fuel". You can buy that at any local Grocery Store! If it was so bad then why wasn't Roy Suspended or fined?
You guys are silly! LOL

I'm pretty sure you're not required to gain a licence for plaster either.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 28 2009, 10:29 PM) [snapback]422863[/snapback]
I'm pretty sure you're not required to gain a licence for plaster either.

Dats funny.
Douchebag
thats what the roy shit is about ripped fuel. that shit is like hydroxycut or xenadrine, smh.
hardhead
Is there really an interview with Margarito at 11PM?
Snoop
Goddamit! How many freakin ESPNs are there these days? Which program is he on?
hardhead
If it is on it's probably on ESPN Deportes.
The CEO
Lookin' like 11:30 or so, guys....I didn't hear about it being on Deportes....I'm thinking it's on the main ESPN....after this Dallas-Golden State game...
The CEO
Here's a stream....90% sure it'll be on here....

http://www.justin.tv/toney82

They better hurry up....I coulda crashed like 2 hours ago....
The CEO
They didn't mention it comin' up....maaaaan....I hope we didn't get B'RICK ROLLED......
hardhead
Knowing the way ESPN covers Boxing it'll probably be on the very last 5 minutes of the show(if there really is an interview).
The CEO
Ok....I saw something on the ticker....he WAS interviewed on Deportes....said something basically like..."It's not true..."...and "I train hard...that's how I win"....and "I'm sad...".....they only showed a few, short phrases....
STEVENSKI
Broken english translations laugh.gif
hardhead
Yea I saw it too, at the time when I made that post, that's why I figured it was on deportes. He said he feels bad about his fans and he doesn't want people to question his fights because he wins his fights by training hard and making the sacrifices.
The CEO
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jan 29 2009, 12:01 AM) [snapback]422884[/snapback]
Broken english translations laugh.gif

lol...I could tell the best joke right now...but people will accuse me of being racist...oh welll...
Nay_Sayer
Margarito report coming up in the next segment...
Snoop
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 29 2009, 06:05 AM) [snapback]422886[/snapback]
lol...I could tell the best joke right now...but people will accuse me of being racist...oh welll...

Man...now you got me all curious n shit.
kidbazooka1
Yup there gonna be in seriouse trouble.
caneman
Did anyone actually hear what he said? I guess it doesn't matter much but I still think it sucks that we have to wait til the 10th for the commissions findings. I mean if they were loaded my MILF's son would know if there is something hard in those wraps & by now those wraps have been looked @ many times over & they already know if something was in them or not. I just wonder if the suspenion was based on seeing something hardened in the wraps or just cause they can until an investigation is complete!
Spyder
I agree Caneman...the fact that the suspensions came down now would indicate that something irregular was indeed found in the wraps.
The CEO
You just can't trust a strong chin and smile...

Margarito is a shady indvidual.
Method
The licenses of Mr. Margarito and Mr. Capetillo were suspended pursuant to Business and Professions Code section 18842, which allows for the temporary suspension of a license when such an action is necessary to ‘protect the public welfare.’

A business and professions code violation? This injunction was ALL Judd Burstein move. Probably the best move GBP ever made was hiring that guy. Hell, even Don King hired him as a staff lawyer because he was sick of getting beat pillar to post by him. I was surprised as hell that Arnold Joseph, who I never felt was as competent as the law firm he represents, battled Judd to a stalemate.

Arum seems steadfast that Marg will be exonerated, but I wouldn't expect Arum to say anything else.
caneman
Just in case anyone wants to look up the code rule for the suspension!
http://www.dca.ca.gov/csac/statutes_regulations/booklet.pdf
Spyder
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 29 2009, 09:06 AM) [snapback]422914[/snapback]
You just can't trust a strong chin and smile...

Margarito is a shady indvidual.

Classic!

laugh.gif

Meth, I don't follow the lawyers as closely as I do the fighters, but I do see Burstein's name on the winning end of a lot of lawsuits.
The CEO
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 29 2009, 09:22 AM) [snapback]422921[/snapback]
Classic!

laugh.gif

Meth, I don't follow the lawyers as closely as I do the fighters, but I do see Burstein's name on the winning end of a lot of lawsuits.

Thanks....but I fucked it up....I didn't put an "a" in front of smile.....I'm slippin' a little....
The CEO
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 29 2009, 12:28 AM) [snapback]422889[/snapback]
Man...now you got me all curious n shit.

Ok....I'm gonna tell that joke....y'all know I'm not racist...

What's the difference between a Cue Ball and Tony Margarito?

If you hit a Cue Ball hard enough, you can get some really good English out of it....
Spyder
laugh.gif CEO's on a roll!
HaydelHammer
lol
The CEO
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 29 2009, 09:52 AM) [snapback]422931[/snapback]
laugh.gif CEO's on a roll!

friends.gif

I'm just a bored, lazy dude wantin' some action....lol.......I'm really supposed to be packing right now...we closed on that house the other night.....but it seems like all I keep thinking about is this fight....I'm caught up with it all...
frankypc
To be honest yesterday when Aurum said that margarito was innocent but that he wasnt sure capetillo was i thought that something fishy being cooked, maybe capetillo will be the scapegoat and if the evidence is very incriminatory he will say its all his fault so margo can keep fighting or something. Then the interview in ESPN. And seems like a media parade to separate marg from capetillo,make him look like he tought everything was right all along so capetillo take all the blame.
Spyder
Congrats on the house!

Moving is not fun...I put that shit off as long as possible...lol

Just pack your 360, bottle opener, and a box of whatever you collect...let your wife deal with sorting out the rest. She'll love doing it, and respect you for giving her the space that she needs.
Jack 1000
I would certainly agree to a lifetime ban if it comes to this. I am pretty sure that even a slap on the wrist is going to be a 2-year ban. I did not want to throw out specific reprimands until the investigation is complete. But I would have no problem if Margarito got a permanent ban from this. Now we have to understand that if there was such a ban, it could only be insured throughout Unites States commissions who would enforce the ban. Would popularity take precedence in other countries where Margarito is a draw such as Mexico? It would still be up to other countries to honor such a ban, and US boxing federations have no control over this.

Well, most of us agree that the punishment should be extremely severe. But what do you board members think Margarito will actually get? My feeling is that Margarito's boxing career may be over.

Jack
KookedKrack
no way is margarito's career over..... too much money to be made he will prob be suspended for a while and fined thats it.
Snoop
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 29 2009, 03:47 PM) [snapback]422929[/snapback]
Ok....I'm gonna tell that joke....y'all know I'm not racist...
What's the difference between a Cue Ball and Tony Margarito?
If you hit a Cue Ball hard enough, you can get some really good English out of it....

LOL. You fucking racist!

But WTF? He only talked about him having to rewrap his hands three times. He didn't say anything about the dried gauze accusation.
rusty_trombone
Maybe that's why margarito is punches slow as a donkey walking through Jerusalem, because he has fucking bricks in his gay ass gloves
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.