Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jorge Arce Loses Trainer to Suspension
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD
Lost in all of this is the impact to Jorge Arce..with Capetillo being temporarily suspended by the CSAC, Jorge Arce has a bit of a problem.

Arce and Darchinyan fight next Saturday in California...and Arce will now be without his trainer. I am sure he can have someone else takeover corner duties, but losing your guy a week and a half out is a tough blow.
hardhead
Damn, that's some pretty bad breaks for Arce.

I have a feeling Arce is still going to give Darchynian a tough fight though. Most of my predication and feelings have been off lately though. I'm like a 4 time loser at this point.
D-MARV
That Sucks!

He was going to get his head pounded in anyways.
Brad
great news for Arce, after he gets beat like he stole from Vic he'll already have an excuse. We'll probably hear some crap about eye surgery a week out from the fight or a swollen elbow that meant he couldn't spar for three weeks lol. Maybe Jorge will get bitten by the horse he's going to ride to the ring......
BigG
Arce has had over what, 50 fights...he is a professional. He can take care of himself. He just needs pro. cornermen.
The CEO
QUOTE(Brad @ Jan 28 2009, 09:25 PM) [snapback]422843[/snapback]
Maybe Jorge will get bitten by the horse he's going to ride to the ring......

LOL!
FenderDG3
QUOTE(Brad @ Jan 28 2009, 08:25 PM) [snapback]422843[/snapback]
great news for Arce, after he gets beat like he stole from Vic he'll already have an excuse. We'll probably hear some crap about eye surgery a week out from the fight or a swollen elbow that meant he couldn't spar for three weeks lol. Maybe Jorge will get bitten by the horse he's going to ride to the ring......

Or accidentally choke on his lollipop!! laugh.gif
Fitz
I laid some money about an hour ago on this fight to go +8.5 rounds at $2.25.
AussieLad
Arce's a tough dude. I expect him to take a fair bit of punnshment before he tastes canvas. And because his chin is so good and he has nice powerfull body punches i expect he will give vic a few problems if it comes down to a balls to the wall brawl. If vic comes in with the mindset of keeping his distance to land some straight power shots he'll barely get touched. But at some point i expect vic will say fuck it and trade, it will make the fight more interesting. Arce will lose by KO, but ithis will be a highly entertaining fight

Bad news about the trainer though
kidbazooka1
From the recent interviews that i've see from Arce he just doesn't sound like he has that hunger anymore. I think Are will give Vic a tough fight but I have to change my original prediction and go with Vic by late rd stoppage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.