Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Naazim Richardson: "It was bricked up gauze that had blood stains on it"
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
thehype
Here's a real Brother Naazim exclusive...another banger from The Talent...not like one of those whack ones that you might find at another site:

NAAZIM RICHARDSON: "IT WAS BRICKED UP GAUZE THAT HAD BLOOD STAINS ON IT"

"Man, I saw that block fall out of them wraps and I wanted to punch Margarito's trainer in the mouthÖIt was bricked up gauze that had blood stains on it already and they had a piece of plaster over that. Man Perc, you let that shit get hard through the course of a fight and you've got trouble. Shane would have been sitting there like, 'How this motherf@#$er hitting harder in the 8th round and we're both tired,'" stated world-class trainer Naazim Richardson as he talked about the illegal handwraps he discovered on Antonio Margarito prior to Shane Mosley's dominant 9th round TKO victory. In this can't miss exclusive, you don't want to miss what he had to say about the entire incident as well as his thoughts on Mosley's performance and some recent derogatory comments made by Teddy Atlas.

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content4224.html

Pretty messed up that Teddy Atlas would take a shot at him like that, but Brother Naaz got him back real good with the Tyson and Michael Moorer comments.
The CEO
NICE!!

Percy truly IS "The Talent"....
caneman
nice read, thanks the interview & all that y'all do! drinks.gif
The CEO
QUOTE(thehype @ Jan 29 2009, 10:24 AM) [snapback]422940[/snapback]
Here's a real Brother Naazim exclusive...another banger from The Talent...not like one of those whack ones that you might find at another site:

I just posted your opener at one of those sites so they could see what an "Exclusive" looks like...lol

thumbsup_anim.gif to FH.
Box in Hand
If the gauze had blood on it, doesn't that mean it's been used before? Like Maybe on Cotto?
pcraw
Brother Naazim is a beast and a straight shooter. I was pretty shocked that Atlas would come at him, but I think Teddy tries to keep himself relevant sometimes in the wrong way (like statements like that). In case people don't know Brother Naazim was told by doctors that he would never walk again and he also recently loss his mother and he's still doing his thing. Big props to my man Naazim!
Method
I was waiting for the DEFINITIVE Naaz interview to drop.

"This is the same guy that had a fighter fighting George Foreman and George threw a left and then a right and your fighter was still there. George threw the left and I went to the kitchen and fixed a sandwich and came back and George was just throwing that right and Michael Moorer was still there." - Naazim Richardson on Teddy Atlas

VINTAGE Naaz. Teddy needs to shut the fuck up and play his position...as a sideline spectator.
caneman
Naazim is so Philly, I freaking respect him so much & always listen to what he has to say. Too bad the CSAC is dragging their feet on this whole thing...I just feel like we should already know the whole truth on this whole wrap thing.
Tha Docta
seriously though, i fucking hate atlas as it is. the guy made his name carrying tysons spit bucket, and if it werent for moorer, he wouldnt have a fucking resume at all to speak of as a trainer. always hated that bastard. naz seems like a cool dude though.

i dont agree about mosley, but atlas was right about hopkins. i think i could train hopkins. all i would say to him in between rounds is "you thirsty bernard"?
Box in Hand
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jan 29 2009, 02:12 PM) [snapback]422966[/snapback]
seriously though, i fucking hate atlas as it is. the guy made his name carrying tysons spit bucket, and if it werent for moorer, he wouldnt have a fucking resume at all to speak of as a trainer. always hated that bastard. naz seems like a cool dude though.
i dont agree about mosley, but atlas was right about hopkins. i think i could train hopkins. all i would say to him in between rounds is "you thirsty bernard"?

LOL, yeah Bernard is way beyond training. All he needs is someone to hold the pads, some sparring partners, and a microphone to speak into. I love that guy.
Jack 1000
Great interview from Percy! Thanks!

I would anticipate the results of the investigation to be known by next week. Further developments will be known after the scheduled commission hearing between Margarito, his trainer, and the California Commission, on February 10. I have heard comments from many individuals in the last few days. Some want to hang all involved literally, some want to wait until the evidence is finalized and the commission hearing is concluded, and some are not sure where all of this is going.

As for punishments I have heard everything from a two year ban (no less from people I have contacted) to a lifetime ban for Margarito and his trainer. What do the rest of you think the punishment should be? And based on your knowledge of boxing in these types of situations, what do you think will happen? Or is it not even right to speculate?

Jack
Box in Hand
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jan 29 2009, 03:18 PM) [snapback]422980[/snapback]
Great interview from Percy! Thanks!

I would anticipate the results of the investigation to be known by next week. Further developments will be known after the scheduled commission hearing between Margarito, his trainer, and the California Commission, on February 10. I have heard comments from many individuals in the last few days. Some want to hang all involved literally, some want to wait until the evidence is finalized and the commission hearing is concluded, and some are not sure where all of this is going.

As for punishments I have heard everything from a two year ban (no less from people I have contacted) to a lifetime ban for Margarito and his trainer. What do the rest of you think the punishment should be? And based on your knowledge of boxing in these types of situations, what do you think will happen? Or is it not even right to speculate?

Jack

A lifetime ban is kind of crucial. Often times we want blood as a society but I'm thinking a 2 year ban is adequate. He'd still be in his prime after the suspension and can get on with his life after that.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Box in Hand @ Jan 29 2009, 04:34 PM) [snapback]422982[/snapback]
A lifetime ban is kind of crucial. Often times we want blood as a society but I'm thinking a 2 year ban is adequate. He'd still be in his prime after the suspension and can get on with his life after that.

You know what a fitting punishment would be. Let Cotto, and all the other guys that this fuckbag fought, wear some fucking plaster cast gloves and hit marg in the face for 8 rounds. And they should let Lujon hit him in the ear until it falls off, what a jew.
Snoop
QUOTE(Method @ Jan 29 2009, 05:22 PM) [snapback]422949[/snapback]
"This is the same guy that had a fighter fighting George Foreman and George threw a left and then a right and your fighter was still there. George threw the left and I went to the kitchen and fixed a sandwich and came back and George was just throwing that right and Michael Moorer was still there." - Naazim Richardson on Teddy Atlas

I like Teddy Atlas n all but I was fucking dyin' when I read this. The whole "went to the kitchen and fixed a sandwich" part killed it! laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jan 30 2009, 12:57 AM) [snapback]423011[/snapback]
You know what a fitting punishment would be. Let Cotto, and all the other guys that this fuckbag fought, wear some fucking plaster cast gloves and hit marg in the face for 8 rounds. And they should let Lujon hit him in the ear until it falls off, what a jew.

laugh.gif
Brad
I wonder how long Margs has been doing this for? You get some bad ass kids out there, but its just like what Naazim said, "I never met a 16 year old kid that I was scared of.....i'll tell any 16 year old to come and try me". Margarito was fighting men in a professional boxing ring at the age of 16, and he was very successful at doing so, maybe he had some help. Maybe not, unfortunately for Margarito his whole career has come under scrutiny from his failed attempt at cheating, the same form of cheating that has earnt people life time bans!!!
Snoop
QUOTE(Brad @ Jan 30 2009, 03:48 AM) [snapback]423034[/snapback]
I wonder how long Margs has been doing this for? You get some bad ass kids out there, but its just like what Naazim said, "I never met a 16 year old kid that I was scared of.....i'll tell any 16 year old to come and try me". Margarito was fighting men in a professional boxing ring at the age of 16, and he was very successful at doing so, maybe he had some help. Maybe not, unfortunately for Margarito his whole career has come under scrutiny from his failed attempt at cheating, the same form of cheating that has earnt people life time bans!!!

I think Naz was referring to how Atlas pulled a gun on Tyson when Tyson was only 16.
thisneverworks
GREAT interview Percy. Keep them coming!
FenderDG3
Thanks for the great interview!
happygocampy
Bullshit.

1st off, Teddy wasn't discrediting Naaz, he was saying how great a boxer Hopkins is. If you watched FnF's you would have seen Teddy even mention he wasn't taking ANYTHING AWAY FROM NAAZ.

2nd, Naaz is a dumbfuck in that interview, spewing crap about a 12 year old being able to beat Mosley if he threw 144 punches a round so that's why you need to hold. Then saying a 16 year old Tyson was just a kid and he ain't ever been scared of no 16 year old kid. Fucking hypocrit needs to STFU.

All you talking smack about Teddy prolly ain't done near the shit he has when it comes to Charitable stuffs. He's not an easy man to hate, he's given so much not only for boxing, but others in need.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jan 29 2009, 05:18 PM) [snapback]422980[/snapback]

Jack

IMHO if PROVEN to have taken place ANYTHING short of a lifetime ban for ALL involved with proven knowledge will be insufficient!

Despite the loss AM is still a profitable commodity....you have to make this situation strike so much fear into future potential cheaters....that they will not even CONSIDER the idea if brought up.

Somebody mentioned above about a 2 year being good and how he could come back. To me there are somethings that are worthy of total banishment.....and this is one of them.

I was too little to really take in the Panama Lewis/Rusto deal at the time it took place.....but over the years I have read many, many articles and seen interviews about it...and it always disgusted me. Although I always questioned Tito's hand wraps....this is a whole other ball of wax. This is not simply adding too much wrapping.....or even taking out stuffing. This was putting F'N plaster in a glove.

That's beyond evil in my mind.....not in a sport that already puts it's combatants at great harm under the proper conditions.

I've voiced my disgust with the current state of Boxing for the last few years many times over.....and in every bad decesion or bad call....or illegal blow.....or paid judge....or questionable dive....I'm asked to treat it as simply another "black eye" and to just get over it.

As a fan that TRUELY loves a sport....you must draw the line somewhere.....some F'N guy sticking plaster in his hand wraps is my personal line. If this guy gets s gentle slap on the wrist due to his ability to still bring in cash for the sport.....I could see myself finally calling it a day on the sport I love.

Because if the sport and it's fans can't find the ultimate wrong in this.....where do you go from there? I don't want to know.

I would be content with a BS ruling over a lifetime one.....as in banned from the sport for the next 25 years.....which would still end his career, be fitting...but not be a "lifetime" ban.

As a fan....I'm really concerned about this situation.

Snoop
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 30 2009, 08:28 AM) [snapback]423058[/snapback]
IMHO if PROVEN to have taken place ANYTHING short of a lifetime ban for ALL involved with proven knowledge will be insufficient!

Despite the loss AM is still a profitable commodity....you have to make this situation strike so much fear into future potential cheaters....that they will not even CONSIDER the idea if brought up.

Somebody mentioned above about a 2 year being good and how he could come back. To me there are somethings that are worthy of total banishment.....and this is one of them.

I was too little to really take in the Panama Lewis/Rusto deal at the time it took place.....but over the years I have read many, many articles and seen interviews about it...and it always disgusted me. Although I always questioned Tito's hand wraps....this is a whole other ball of wax. This is not simply adding too much wrapping.....or even taking out stuffing. This was putting F'N plaster in a glove.

That's beyond evil in my mind.....not in a sport that already puts it's combatants at great harm under the proper conditions.

I've voiced my disgust with the current state of Boxing for the last few years many times over.....and in every bad decesion or bad call....or illegal blow.....or paid judge....or questionable dive....I'm asked to treat it as simply another "black eye" and to just get over it.

As a fan that TRUELY loves a sport....you must draw the line somewhere.....some F'N guy sticking plaster in his hand wraps is my personal line. If this guy gets s gentle slap on the wrist due to his ability to still bring in cash for the sport.....I could see myself finally calling it a day on the sport I love.

Because if the sport and it's fans can't find the ultimate wrong in this.....where do you go from there? I don't want to know.
I would be content with a BS ruling over a lifetime one.....as in banned from the sport for the next 25 years.....which would still end his career, be fitting...but not be a "lifetime" ban.

As a fan....I'm really concerned about this situation.

I dunno. I'm kinda still partial to the idea of letting Cotto put plaster in his gloves and punch Margarito in the face for 8 rounds. Or letting Lujan punch him til his ear falls off. But that's just me.
D-MARV
QUOTE(happygocampy @ Jan 30 2009, 12:26 AM) [snapback]423052[/snapback]
Bullshit.

1st off, Teddy wasn't discrediting Naaz, he was saying how great a boxer Hopkins is. If you watched FnF's you would have seen Teddy even mention he wasn't taking ANYTHING AWAY FROM NAAZ.

2nd, Naaz is a dumbfuck in that interview, spewing crap about a 12 year old being able to beat Mosley if he threw 144 punches a round so that's why you need to hold. Then saying a 16 year old Tyson was just a kid and he ain't ever been scared of no 16 year old kid. Fucking hypocrit needs to STFU.

All you talking smack about Teddy prolly ain't done near the shit he has when it comes to Charitable stuffs. He's not an easy man to hate, he's given so much not only for boxing, but others in need.

Slow down there little fellow, Everything will be O.K!
thisneverworks
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Jan 30 2009, 05:58 AM) [snapback]423064[/snapback]
Slow down there little fellow, Everything will be O.K!

Yea, for real. I don't care what a guy has done, when you are bragging about pulling a gun on a 16 year old (meaning a MINOR) that doesn't earn you respect. In fact, if anything, it just shows that he knew a 16 year old would beat his ass if he didn't have it.

Other than that though, I like Teddy Atlas and enjoy his commentary.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(thisneverworks @ Jan 30 2009, 11:01 AM) [snapback]423073[/snapback]
Yea, for real. I don't care what a guy has done, when you are bragging about pulling a gun on a 16 year old (meaning a MINOR) that doesn't earn you respect. In fact, if anything, it just shows that he knew a 16 year old would beat his ass if he didn't have it.

I don't know....I always liked the idea of a quivering punk ass kid Tyson sweating bullets with a gun in his face! lol

Peolpe can get all bent about it if they want to....I'll bet it was 100% effective! I'll bet his eyes never even so much as looked at Teddy's neice again.
Snoop
QUOTE(thisneverworks @ Jan 30 2009, 04:01 PM) [snapback]423073[/snapback]

Yeah when I first read that story about the gun, I was like "Whoa, this guy had the balls to pull a gun on Tyson? THE Mike Tyson?" Then I realized he did it when Tyson was 16. That's like a bully picking on a little kid. LOL.
Snoop
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 30 2009, 06:36 PM) [snapback]423088[/snapback]
I don't know....I always liked the idea of a quivering punk ass kid Tyson sweating bullets with a gun in his face! lol

Peolpe can get all bent about it if they want to....I'll bet it was 100% effective! I'll bet his eyes never even so much as looked at Teddy's neice again.

Yeah but 16 bro? I mean c'mon. If you're really this hardass man as Atlas proclaims himself to be, just man up and threaten him with your fists.
Snoop
QUOTE(happygocampy @ Jan 30 2009, 06:26 AM) [snapback]423052[/snapback]

I don't think he was LITERALLY saying a 12 year old could beat up Mosley. He was more making the point that a fighter needs to throw back to win the fight regardless if he is the more complete fighter.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 30 2009, 01:38 PM) [snapback]423090[/snapback]
Yeah but 16 bro? I mean c'mon. If you're really this hardass man as Atlas proclaims himself to be, just man up and threaten him with your fists.

Oh come on man....I know some 16 year olds that are as big and act as if they are 35! And you know as well as I do Mike at 16 was one of those type of guys.....you know, I know and Teddy knew that if you went up to him and tried to simply fist fight him....he was going to knock you out.

So you put the fear of God into him by sticking a gun in his face, the barrel all cold and black.....with a drop of sweat running down Teddy's scar in the darkness. lol

That's the way you get to street kids......they may not understand the idea of it being more respectful to man up and use your fists....but they sure as hell understand a gun in their grill. It was true then...and it still is today.
Snoop
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 30 2009, 06:59 PM) [snapback]423097[/snapback]
Oh come on man....I know some 16 year olds that are as big and act as if they are 35! And you know as well as I do Mike at 16 was one of those type of guys.....you know, I know and Teddy knew that if you went up to him and tried to simply fist fight him....he was going to knock you out.

So you put the fear of God into him by sticking a gun in his face, the barrel all cold and black.....with a drop of sweat running down Teddy's scar in the darkness. lol

That's the way you get to street kids......they may not understand the idea of it being more respectful to man up and use your fists....but they sure as hell understand a gun in their grill. It was true then...and it still is today.

Well, I can kinda see where you're coming from. But being the mental midget that Mike Tyson is, and always was, I would be pretty sure he'd back down. I mean how do old-ass boxing coaches discipline their fighters, who could very well kick the shit out of them. I doubt they all carry handguns around.
KookedKrack
any man that pulls out a gun on a UNARMED 16 year old kid is a pussy in my eyes ...at the end of the day mike was just a fucking kid now in his forties mike has the mind of a teenager so im guessing at 16 he was pretty much 4 years old mentally
frankypc
"However, Atlas felt D'Amato ought to discipline the young Tyson for his frequent bouts of petty thuggery and clashes with police. He finally took matters into his his own hands after Tyson had groped Atlas's 11 year old niece by the buttocks. Atlas angrily confronted Tyson and reportedly held a gun to his head."

Thats from wikipedia and I dont know if thats true, but if it is, and i feel Tyson was of any threat to my niece ad me then...what woud you do? I bet Tyson was a BIG Mofo at 16 years old
Imperius3
QUOTE(frankypc @ Jan 30 2009, 12:22 PM) [snapback]423102[/snapback]
I bet Tyson was a BIG Mofo at 16 years old

I believe this picture was taken when Tyson was or around 16. He was definitely bigger than your average full grown man, and he was knocking out full grown men. Even when he was younger than that, he was knocking people out. Remember that one story Mike told: "One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.Ē He was just a kid then too.

Maybe holding a gun to his head was the only way to get through to him.
Big Slim Sweet
I know I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to step to Mike with nothing but my dick in my hands.
KookedKrack
yea i guess you guys are right and nobody knows for sure besides tyson and him...but pulling out a gun seems a bit much imo
D-MARV
I don't blame Teddy for pulling a gun out on Tyson.
Snoop
In that situation Paul Williams wouldn't of pulled a gun on Tyson. He wouldn't have to.
Imperius3
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Jan 30 2009, 01:20 PM) [snapback]423115[/snapback]
In that situation Paul Williams wouldn't of pulled a gun on Tyson. He wouldn't have to.

Uh you think a 150 pound Williams could've taken Tyson...? Maybe you meant Holyfield...
Box in Hand
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jan 30 2009, 12:49 PM) [snapback]423109[/snapback]
I know I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to step to Mike with nothing but my dick in my hands.

That is a scary sentence right there.
Snoop
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Jan 30 2009, 08:29 PM) [snapback]423117[/snapback]
Uh you think a 150 pound Williams could've taken Tyson...? Maybe you meant Holyfield...

No I meant Paul "The Punisher" Williams. He isn't called "The Punisher" for nothing.
jessicasteven
Hi,

I am involved with a school production and want to produce the following effect: At the back of the stage are some metal framed rostra which will remain in place for the entire performance. Beneath the rostra will be positioned 8x PAR 56ís facing the audience that will be hidden by some black gauze or similar material.
The rostra will therefore appear solid and the PARís hidden. On cue the PARís will be illuminated and the effect will be seen.

Question: What kind of inexpensive gauze can be used for this effect (bearing in mind I donít want to loose too much light from the lamps).

Many thanks.

Jessica
Spyder
QUOTE(jessicasteven @ Apr 6 2009, 06:44 AM) [snapback]430851[/snapback]
Hi,

I am involved with a school production and want to produce the following effect: At the back of the stage are some metal framed rostra which will remain in place for the entire performance. Beneath the rostra will be positioned 8x PAR 56ís facing the audience that will be hidden by some black gauze or similar material.
The rostra will therefore appear solid and the PARís hidden. On cue the PARís will be illuminated and the effect will be seen.

Question: What kind of inexpensive gauze can be used for this effect (bearing in mind I donít want to loose too much light from the lamps).

Many thanks.

Jessica

I'm assuming that you're rigging it up with a pigeon on a plate. If that's the case, you can just wrap some black muslin around the apple box. With a black backdrop and limited lighting effects on it, you shouldn't be able to see the PAR's until they're fired.

If your set is dressed with anything other than what I mentioned, then you have much bigger concerns than exposed fixtures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.