Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Njoudjo vs. Urango: IBF Jr. Welterweight Title
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
It's from Montreal and they have crowds that are usually into the matches, so watch if you can. My cable guide (I am CST) says 7:30 PM and says it's a 2 and 1/2 hr show. I am sure they will talk about the ref assigned for the fight Marlon Wright, who was the controversial ref in Andrade-Bute, as well as the hand-wrap incident last week involving Margarito.

Jack

Administrator
Imperius3
Ngoudjo should win an easy decision in this one.
Mean Mister Mustard
Montreal is a booming boxing city. Sure Alcine and Pascal lost big fights and Bute's controversial fight has somewhat cast a cloud over his rep but you look at the Canadian boxing scene from 8 years ago, this is great.
Spyder
Fight's about to start!
Romulus9
I'm hoping Urango has another spectacular knockout on the ESPN2 airwaves. Should bring an interesting January to a fun close.
Spyder
Ngoudjo looks bigger!
D-MARV
Teddy Atlas is an idiot!!!

He had round 2 10-8 Urango... He said there was no reason to score it 10-7... LOL, Urango knocked him down twice and dominated the round!!!
Spyder
No shit...Teddy is one of those guys that calls a fight in support of his prediction.

Urango needs to take a harder body approach.
Romulus9
I've got Urango up 68-63, with the obvious (or so I thought) 10-7 round in the third.

I think we'll see another knockdown from a body shot. Urango's body work is really working well.
Spyder
Teddy was just talking about Ngoudjo throwing the straighter shots as he was getting punched in the face. lol

He needs to just comment on what he sees in the fight.
Romulus9
How the Hell does Teddy have the fight EVEN!?
The CEO
Atlas' card is all fucked up....the one dimensional Urango is connecting with a lot of power punches...Ngoudjo needs to win 9-12 to get a draw....and I doubt he does....
Spyder
Teddy is a dummy when it comes to scoring fights objectively...

Urango is coming on much better...did you guys just see that card? WTF?!
Mean Mister Mustard
Atlas is off his game more than usual tonight.
Romulus9
WTF? FOUR MINUTE ROUND!
Romulus9
Sorry... FIVE minute round.

Only in Canada. Someone tell the damn timekeeper that round times don't have an exchange rate.
Mean Mister Mustard
LOL man, Montreal boxing had been booming and in just 6 months they make two blunders for the world to see.
Spyder
5:10 lol
D-MARV
FUCK CANADA!!!!!!!!

(not the people, but the time keeper)
The CEO
"but it's such a great atmosphere!"....what the fuck ever....Canada and Marlon Wright stink when it comes to Boxing.
Spyder
It's their own fault for fighting there...these guys fought a longer round than they do in MMA...in round 11. haha
Mean Mister Mustard
LOL man oh man and to think Canada was just starting to get some respect in boxing.
The CEO
If Urango doesn't go down, and loses this decision...I'm gonna shit all over Canadian Boxing....

They'll be right up there with Germany and Britain as far as disgusting homecooking goes...
Romulus9
I had it 115-111 Urango.

With a Canadian judge, why do I get the feeling we'll hear "We have a split decision..."?
D-MARV
Urango wins clearly on my scorecard...

Atlas fucking SUCKS...

ESPN broadcast was terrible tonight!

Spyder
I was just gonna post that...if Urango loses this...Canada is officially inept as a boxing host.
Mean Mister Mustard
We had an MMA round, Atlas way off and his scorecards were not even transferring well.
Romulus9
Sorry, I had it 116-110 Urango.
Mean Mister Mustard
Ngoudjo was not even boxing all that well, he was running and his flurries weren't landing. Urango's body work and swings take this.
Spyder
lol...WTF?! laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
120? 118?
The CEO
Good...they overcompensated for the Bootay fight....smart move on their part....this would have buried them....

Still corrupt and lacking though...
Spyder
At least they got the right guy... lol
Mean Mister Mustard
So let's see, Atlas's commentary was bad, his scorecards were not reading correctly on the prompter, we had a 5 min MMA round and 2 outrageous scorecards for the right guy. I'm too tired for this.
Spyder
I drank the perfect amount of beer to make it comical. laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 30 2009, 10:23 PM) [snapback]423227[/snapback]
So let's see, Atlas's commentary was bad, his scorecards were not reading correctly on the prompter, we had a 5 min MMA round and 2 outrageous scorecards for the right guy. I'm too tired for this.

I guess Atlas is still Reeling from Naz getting in his ass. He may still be a little shell shocked cause he was off his rocker today.
The CEO
120-106 was one of the cards....they threw Herman under the bus...lol
D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jan 30 2009, 11:25 PM) [snapback]423230[/snapback]
120-106 was one of the cards....they threw Herman under the bus...lol

Funny thing is, that was better than Atlas's Fucked up card!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 30 2009, 11:24 PM) [snapback]423228[/snapback]
I drank the perfect amount of beer to make it comical. laugh.gif

LOL, this was one for the ages. I think a random 5 minute round should be the norm from now on. Make things more interesting.
Spyder
They should mix it up determined by the action in the round. If there is a rare faced paced round one...stretch that shit out a couple of minutes. haha
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 30 2009, 11:29 PM) [snapback]423234[/snapback]
They should mix it up determined by the action in the round. If there is a rare faced paced round one...stretch that shit out a couple of minutes. haha

Absolutely. It sounds like a great idea to me. Also maybe add a round where if one guy scores a knockdown he gets a 10-5 round, watch the guys go at it like crocodiles.
Spyder
Like the Daily Double!

Make that shit a surprise...keep 'em on their toes.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Spyder @ Jan 30 2009, 11:33 PM) [snapback]423236[/snapback]
Like the Daily Double!

Make that shit a surprise...keep 'em on their toes.

Also, let' say a fighter is showboating too much, at one point the officials can put in a 3rd fighter in the ring and for 30 seconds the show off has to fight 2 guys at the same time. Or say you have a fighter who clinched too much in one round, well he doesn't get a break, he has to do push-ups for a whole minute while the other guy sits down, drinks water and gets his balls massaged.
Devo
.... As usual ... I have not got a clue what fight Atlas is watching . Its powder-puff runners like Ngoudjo that have made the UFC the real deal ....he couldn't hurt Urango if he had a Glock in one hand & a blackjack in the other ...the judges got it right . Teddy needs to fade w/ Merchant , we watch "Friday Night Fights" w/ the sound off 4 years now . .... Spyder ... long live "The Last Emperor" ...lol
Box in Hand
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jan 30 2009, 10:37 PM) [snapback]423238[/snapback]
Also, let' say a fighter is showboating too much, at one point the officials can put in a 3rd fighter in the ring and for 30 seconds the show off has to fight 2 guys at the same time. Or say you have a fighter who clinched too much in one round, well he doesn't get a break, he has to do push-ups for a whole minute while the other guy sits down, drinks water and gets his balls massaged.

What the F#@$? That is too funny. You had me coughing green shit out of my nose.
Spyder
Boxing in Canada just got a lot better!

Ah, Canada...you make the simple things in life more exciting. laugh.gif

lol...Devo
Jack 1000
Sorry guys,

But I thought the fight was very close. 6-6, 7-5 either way in rounds. Very sloppy. Urango I thought won because of the KD's, but it wasn't THAT lopsided. My DVR ran out of time just after the 12th round. I don't understand Atlas scoring that round only 10-8 when there were two knockdowns however.

I still think Urango is one-dimensional, but Njoudio showed courage in coming back like that.

That 5 minute round was bullshit.

Jack

PS. Looks like I am in the minority on this being a close fight.
Romulus9
It's amazing to watch Urango fight face first without a jab and WIN.

I had it 116-110 Urango but there were two rounds that were VERY close and could have gone the other way.

5 minute round...

seriously...

wow.
kidbazooka1
Well atleast the right man won.

Urango is a tough dude with real good power but he needs to sharpen up on his technique.
D-MARV
I thought 116-110 was a good score.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.