Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ...UFC #94
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Devo
#1...Guida (underdog) over Diaz (MD) Guida controlled the clinch & wrestling ... Diaz 8" reach advantage boxing #2...Parisyan (favorite) over Hyun-Kim (MD) both fighters gassed early, crowd booing, lame fite #3... Jones (underdog) over Bonnar (UD) Greco-Roman throws win over boxing, Bonnar had nothing after 15 mos. layoff ...there goes the mortgage money ! #4 ...The Dragon (favorite) dominates Silva & KO's him w/ 1 sec left in the 1st ... much more aggressive than his other fites, real deal, ... there goes the car payment ! #5 ..GSP over BJ (quits) too big .. too strong .. too athletic .... BJ quits between rounds 4 & 5 ... totally had the f'n shit beat out of him ...non-competitive .. gassed after 1st round (BJ was the favorite @ fite-time) no post-fite octagon interview from Penn ...training w/ Roach did nothing for Arlovski or Penn . Penn walks around 55-65 & GSP walks around 85-90, thats the real story ! GSP vs. Alvez next ... well, at least I have some food money .
pcraw
QUOTE(Devo @ Jan 31 2009, 11:40 PM) [snapback]423361[/snapback]
#1...Guida (underdog) over Diaz (MD) Guida controlled the clinch & wrestling ... Diaz 8" reach advantage boxing #2...Parisyan (favorite) over Hyun-Kim (MD) both fighters gassed early, crowd booing, lame fite #3... Jones (underdog) over Bonnar (UD) Greco-Roman throws win over boxing, Bonnar had nothing after 15 mos. layoff ...there goes the mortgage money ! #4 ...The Dragon (favorite) dominates Silva & KO's him w/ 1 sec left in the 1st ... much more aggressive than his other fites, real deal, ... there goes the car payment ! #5 ..GSP over BJ (quits) too big .. too strong .. too athletic .... BJ quits between rounds 4 & 5 ... totally had the f'n shit beat out of him ...non-competitive .. gassed after 1st round (BJ was the favorite @ fite-time) no post-fite octagon interview from Penn ...training w/ Roach did nothing for Arlovski or Penn . Penn walks around 55-65 & GSP walks around 85-90, thats the real story ! GSP vs. Alvez next ... well, at least I have some food money .

Agreed with most of your post, but it's been years since BJ worked with Freddie Roach. Definitely agree on the size being the difference and I've said it once I'll say it again, BJ'S MMA Jiu Jitsu is not all that great.
BigG
GSP just keeps shining time and time again. He is without a doubt the P4P king...Anderson Silva 2nd...
AussieLad
GSP has benefited from a strong talent pool at welter, and having someone of BJs class to make the move up. Silva has dominated middleweight, and i feel there isnt much left for him at that weight. He has the size of frame to make a move to light heavy, and he has some strong competition there with guys like machida, evans, rampage, griffin etc... but before he does move up i want to see him fight bisping, who is probably the only credible challenger left for the spider at middle

One fight i think would be a classic match up, thats silva vs machida. Muay Thai stylist vs an elusive Karate striker. Machida is frikkin dangerous. He is like PBF in the sense you cant hit the guy but he can hit you at will. Intelligent, he picks his spot to strike like a cobra. In and out. he has some ridiculously good record at having absorbed the least blows of any MMA fighter. Cant remember the exact number, but its something like he only gets hit once every 2 minutes on average. Never lost a round

I thought he was in danger of being boring, but his last 2 fights against the african assasin sokodjou and thiago silva show that he can be exciting and end fights decisively against strong competition
Devo
.... You can take it to the bank, Dana is already salivating : "The Spider vs. The Dragon" .... great new topic Aus, run with it ... !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.