Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayorga pulls out of fight with Angulo
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Big Slim Sweet
According to some other site that shall not be named.

That sucks. I was really looking forward to that one. Hopefully they can find a solid replacement to put Angulo in with but I doubt it. My guess is they just go with the Campbell-Funaka, Sergio-Kermit double header.
Fitz
I want to know the reasoning before I a strong opinion. From what I read, they said he did an injury, but Shaw said he isn't buying it and he is scared. But I think Shaw has business interest in this card so I won't take his word for it.
Lil-lightsout
That really sucks, I too was really looking forward to that one. I hope someone will fight him, I do not want to see the fight scrapped.
Michigan Assassin
I'm almost certain that Mayorga couldn't make it to 154. I remember when they made this fight that I thought I'd be shocked if Mayorga comes in on weight.

Too bad because this would've been a fun fight and a nice test for Angulo.
kidbazooka1
It's either the injury or weight because I highly doubt Mayorga is scared of Angulo.
Douchebag
I seriously doubt that Mayo is scared of Anculo.
D-MARV
Mayorga scared of Angulo? LMAO

Good thing for Angulo that Mayorga pulled out!
Michigan Assassin
Of course he isn't scared of Angulo. This man fought Tito and Oscar and took his beatings like a man.

I honestly think he just couldn't get to weight. Or maybe he was injured training.

Hopefully this fight gets rescheduled in the near future.

Big Slim Sweet
Who the fuck said he was scared of Angulo?
Fitz
The idiot Gary Shaw.
King Eugene
I want to see Mayorga vs. Arce...hell he just might be able to win this one.
kidbazooka1
Yup I think Angulo got lucky that Mayo pulled out.
Devo
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 4 2009, 02:02 AM) [snapback]423678[/snapback]
Yup I think Angulo got lucky that Mayo pulled out.

dirol.gif ... Alfonso Gomez (18-4>8 KO) may be the replacement, wins over Gatti & Tackie, losses to Manfredo Jr, Ishe Smith & Feliciano (1-1-1 vs. Feliciano) ... took a terrible beating from Cotto in his last & was retired on the stool in the 5th... he looked defense-less in that fight . Trying to find out if Gomez was in training or if this will be one of those "short-notice" jobbers .... dirol.gif
Big Slim Sweet
Kassim Ouma's looking for a fight. How bout Angulo-Ouma?
Devo
.... Well, its a safe fight ... Ouma couldn't crack an egg w/ a sledge-hammer & he looked "over-the-hill" vs. K9 ... btw ... that was a HUGE upset (-5000) Bundrage pulled off vs. Baysangurov (19-0>14 KO) w/ a 5th rd TKO in Mannheim Germany .... sent that Ruskie packin' .... !
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 3 2009, 08:39 PM) [snapback]423609[/snapback]
It's either the injury or weight because I highly doubt Mayorga is scared of Angulo.

My thoughts exactly. This would have been a great fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.