Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What if...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
Sometimes I sit and think what would be the state of the sport if some of the outcomes where different than what they really where.

What if Trinidad would have beat Hopkins? Where would he be now?

What if Cotto beat Margarito? Would he have gotten the DLH fight? Would he have gotten a Pac-Man fight? Where would he be ranked amongst the WW's?

What if Roy would have stayed at Heavyweight after beating Ruiz?

What if Hamed would have beat Barrera?

What if JMM would have gotten the nod in the Pac-Man fight? Would JMM vs. DLH been as big? Hell would they have even fought?

What if Hearns would have gotten the decision over SRL?

thats just a few of them...
Romulus9
Most of those wouldn't have drastically changed the landscape. For instance, Hearns and Leonard were both WELL past their respective primes. Ray's two fights immediately after the Hearns rematch were Norris and Camacho. No big deal. Hearns wasn't fazed by the draw. He went on to beat Virgil Hill for another major title.

The one that could have made things very interesting is...

What if Tyson had knocked Holyfield out in the rematch instead of...

well, you know...

Here's another...

What if Hagler had gotten the decision against Leonard?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 4 2009, 01:16 AM) [snapback]423682[/snapback]
Sometimes I sit and think what would be the state of the sport if some of the outcomes where different than what they really where.

What if Trinidad would have beat Hopkins? Where would he be now?

What if Cotto beat Margarito? Would he have gotten the DLH fight? Would he have gotten a Pac-Man fight? Where would he be ranked amongst the WW's?

What if Hamed would have beat Barrera?

What if JMM would have gotten the nod in the Pac-Man fight? Would JMM vs. DLH been as big? Hell would they have even fought?

What if Hearns would have gotten the decision over SRL?

Trinidiots would be triple there size.

Cotto would have fought Oscar and KO'd him considering what we saw with ODLH at WW.

Eventually someone would have KO'd Roy with one single punch.

Hamed would have made more money and not quit on boxing so soon.

Hell no was JMM ever fighting Oscar, he does not have the name or draw like Pac did.

Did not matter, Tommy knows he won the rematch and seemed content with the draw knowing he redeemed himself from 81.

What if Steele knew there were only 2 seconds left?

What if Cus did not die so early in Tyson's career?

What if James Toney would have always kept himself in good physical shape?

What if Ike Ibeabuchi did not go crazy?

What if Benn never made it out of the first round?

King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Feb 4 2009, 02:07 AM) [snapback]423690[/snapback]
Trinidiots would be triple there size.

What if Cus did not die so early in Tyson's career?

What if James Toney would have always kept himself in good physical shape?

LMAO...I think Trinidad would have eventually been KO'd by Roy in the next fight.

Tyson wouldn't have went to prison and would be considered at ATG after beating Holyfield and Lewis

Toney would have been second best to Roy and a Toney-Hopkins fight would have for sure had to have been made.
Fitz
I like a lot of the questions like:

-If JMM got the decision
-If Roy stayed at heavy
-Hearns got a decison over Leonard

But I'm not a fan of the others like if Trinidad beat Hopkins, because it's kind of means what if Trinidad was a different fighter. The same goes with Barrera-Hamed.

But I agree with lightsout with everything he said, including my questions I liked.

Another question I like is what if Tarver didn't land that shot in the second round?
Would Jones have been caught sooner or later, or would he have grinded out another close fight like the first? Because it was that shot that really changed Roy. I think it was likely to happen (Jones losing his confidence) with any knockout he received.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 4 2009, 03:10 AM) [snapback]423699[/snapback]
I like a lot of the questions like:

-If JMM got the decision
-If Roy stayed at heavy
-Hearns got a decison over Leonard

But I'm not a fan of the others like if Trinidad beat Hopkins, because it's kind of means what if Trinidad was a different fighter. The same goes with Barrera-Hamed.

But I agree with lightsout with everything he said, including my questions I liked.

Another question I like is what if Tarver didn't land that shot in the second round?
Would Jones have been caught sooner or later, or would he have grinded out another close fight like the first? Because it was that shot that really changed Roy. I think it was likely to happen (Jones losing his confidence) with any knockout he received.

I think he would have grinded out that win, moved back up to heavyweight and eventually got caught in the HW division. hell I wish that would have happen actually.

What if KT and Floyd and Shane all fought each other?
What if Mayweather Sr. remained Mayweather Jr.'s trainer?
What if Sweat Pea would have gotten the decision over JCC?
What if Calzaghe would have met a primed Jones, Hopkins, or Toney?
What if Chris Byrd never went to Heavyweight?
What if Lewis would have lost the rematch to Rahman?
torvix2000
What if Tyson had a loving and caring family at the start of his boxing career. LOL! Out of context.
Snoop
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Feb 4 2009, 01:27 PM) [snapback]423715[/snapback]
What if Tyson had a loving and caring family at the start of his boxing career. LOL! Out of context.

You laugh but that is one of the biggest reasons he's so fucked up.
Snoop
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 4 2009, 07:16 AM) [snapback]423682[/snapback]
1) What if Trinidad would have beat Hopkins? Where would he be now?

2) What if Cotto beat Margarito? Would he have gotten the DLH fight? Would he have gotten a Pac-Man fight? Where would he be ranked amongst the WW's?

3) What if Roy would have stayed at Heavyweight after beating Ruiz?

4) What if Hamed would have beat Barrera?

5) What if JMM would have gotten the nod in the Pac-Man fight? Would JMM vs. DLH been as big? Hell would they have even fought?

6) What if Hearns would have gotten the decision over SRL?

1) Not sure, but he definitely wouldn't have his "I'm taking my ball home now" type of attitude.

2) I doubt Cotto would have fought DLH. DLH was set upon the Pacman fight all along because it was fight he thought he could win. Well, either way, he would have gotten fucked up against either one. And Cotto didn't even drop rank that much. From like, what? 1 to 3?

3) Probably would had been KO'd by one of the Klit brothers.

4) Then he'd continue to be a jackass until someone else came and embarrassed him

5) There would be a rematch and JMM would probably have won again, but it wouldn't matter. Pac's fans would have followed him over a cliff. DLH vs JMM. HELL NO.

6) I agree with one of the posters above. I don't think this would have changed the landscape that much. Both were already very established names.

Big Slim Sweet
First off, great thread.

QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 4 2009, 04:10 AM) [snapback]423699[/snapback]
I'm not a fan of the others like if Trinidad beat Hopkins, because it's kind of means what if Trinidad was a different fighter. The same goes with Barrera-Hamed.

I agree totally. These aren't really 'what if's' because they more or less never could have happened.

You could say instead, what if Trinidad skipped Hopkins and went right for Roy? Or...

What if Hamed had chosen Morales to fight for his first HBO PPV instead of Barrera?

But Tito was never going to beat Hop and Hamed was never going to beat MAB. They were a full class below.

QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Feb 4 2009, 03:07 AM) [snapback]423690[/snapback]
What if Benn never made it out of the first round?

Now that's an interesting one. I don't know much about much, but perhaps McClellan's wiring was such that he was destined to get seriously hurt in a major fight?

What if McClellan KO 1 Benn and then went on to fight his good friend Roy Jones next?

QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 4 2009, 04:10 AM) [snapback]423699[/snapback]

Another good one. Here I think if he hadn't landed it in the second he would have landed it in the third. Tarver was going to KO Roy one way or another that night. He'd gotten into his head so effectively and his style posed all kinds of problems for him.

QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 4 2009, 03:52 AM) [snapback]423697[/snapback]
Tyson wouldn't have went to prison and would be considered at ATG after beating Holyfield and Lewis

LOL. Never would have happened. Tyson was always going to wind up #3 on that list.

QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 4 2009, 04:17 AM) [snapback]423701[/snapback]
What if Lewis would have lost the rematch to Rahman?

Again, come on man, that realistically wouldn't have happened.

But what if Lewis hadn't been busy filming "Oceans Eleven" two weeks before fighting Rahman in South Africa? Would he have trained enough to pull out the win. I think so.

QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Feb 4 2009, 08:27 AM) [snapback]423715[/snapback]
What if Tyson had a loving and caring family at the start of his boxing career.

He would have been a totally different person. Shit he may have would up a safety or a fullback in the NFL.
Big Slim Sweet
You guys should also follow up with your 'what if's'.

What if a more capable referee hadn't allowed Cory Spinks to keep bitch-flopping to the canvas to catch breathers and avoid getting legitimately knocked down during the last few rounds against Mayorga in Dec 03?

Mayorga would have won.

Mayorga would gone up to 154 to fight Mosley in March 2004. Mosley almost certainly would have won.

There would have been no Wright-Mosley fight. What would have happened to Winky without getting that opportunity?

Probably no Winky-Tito fight the next year.

Zab wouldn't have become undisputed welterweight champ by KO'ing Spinks either.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 4 2009, 12:20 PM) [snapback]423730[/snapback]
You guys should also follow up with your 'what if's'.

What if a more capable referee hadn't allowed Cory Spinks to keep bitch-flopping to the canvas to catch breathers and avoid getting legitimately knocked down during the last few rounds against Mayorga in Dec 03?

Mayorga would have won.

Mayorga would gone up to 154 to fight Mosley in March 2004. Mosley almost certainly would have won.

There would have been no Wright-Mosley fight. What would have happened to Winky without getting that opportunity?

Probably no Winky-Tito fight the next year.

Zab wouldn't have become undisputed welterweight champ by KO'ing Spinks either.

LOL good one.

What if Mosley would have fought Judah for the undisputed WW Championship? Judah might have pulled it out at that stage in his career but I've never been a man to bet against Shane.
Fitz
What if Kostya fought Hatton in the States? Would Kostya tail end of his career be much different?

Big Slim Sweet
What if Kirk Blubba Johnson doesn't pull out of his fight with Lennox Lewis in June 03?

Then Lewis fights Blubba with Vitali vs. Cedric Boswell on the undercard. Lewis and Vitali don't fight in June 03. What happens to both of them? Does Lewis still retire? Does he ever fight Vit Klit?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 4 2009, 06:16 AM) [snapback]423682[/snapback]

He would have caught a beatdown that may have ended his life from Lewis. Roy is a stone coward who would never fight a fight that was not fixed with the judges & referee.
BigG
^ Lewis never beat a great Heavyweight in his prime.
STEVENSKI
Roy never beat a great heavyweight at all. Your point G?
BigG
Roy started his career at Junior-Middleweight, beat legends in Toney and Hopkins, dominated 175, and beat Ruiz for the Heavyweight title.

Lewis is a 6'5 250 pound Heavyweight who's best wins are beating up on an old shot to pieces, inactive Tyson and Evander Oldyfield.

Jones is greater than Lewis and Lewis would've got alot of heat if he fought a fighter that started his career at 154..seeing how big he is. Worse than Pac-DLH!

Lewis should've given him the 50 million Jones was asking for.

laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 4 2009, 11:55 PM) [snapback]423784[/snapback]
Roy started his career at Junior-Middleweight, beat legends in Toney and Hopkins, dominated 175, and beat Ruiz for the Heavyweight title.

Lewis is a 6'5 250 pound Heavyweight who's best wins are beating up on an old shot to pieces, inactive Tyson and Evander Oldyfield.

Jones is greater than Lewis and Lewis would've got alot of heat if he fought a fighter that started his career at 154..seeing how big he is. Worse than Pac-DLH!

Lewis should've given him the 50 million Jones was asking for.

laugh.gif

Lewis would have been paying Jones $25M per punch as all it would take is a jab & a straight right provided Roy did not collapse from the jab that is.

Roy also started his career by taking a steady dose of illegal PE's.
BigG
What if Oscam De la Fruitty had listened to his fans advice and not take the fight with Lil Pac?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 5 2009, 01:22 AM) [snapback]423802[/snapback]
What if Judah never got embarrassed by Tszyu?
What if Judah wasn't stupid?

I would lose one of the best laughs I ever had.
King Eugene
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 4 2009, 06:20 PM) [snapback]423772[/snapback]
^ Lewis never beat a great Heavyweight in his prime.

He really didnt.

QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 4 2009, 08:17 PM) [snapback]423799[/snapback]
Lewis would have been paying Jones $25M per punch as all it would take is a jab & a straight right provided Roy did not collapse from the jab that is.

QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 4 2009, 08:22 PM) [snapback]423802[/snapback]
What if Judah never got embarrassed by Tszyu?
What if Judah wasn't stupid?

Fitzy and Stevenski are killing me over here laugh.gif

Stevenski...How much would they have had to pay you to fight Lewis? Why do I get the feeling you sit at your desk and eat cheeto puffs all day?
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 4 2009, 08:45 PM) [snapback]423816[/snapback]
I would fight Lewis for $10,000. I could go lower though, lol.

I would go down with the first thing that touched me and make sure I don't get back up.

laugh.gif Thats cause you never got paid $10,000 to fight before. Well if they didn't say how long it had to last then yea it would be a KO off a Jab probably but if I had to last two rounds I'm asking for atleast $30,000 lol
BigG
This one is for STEVENSKI and 3K..

What if Austalia had their very own Roy Jones Jr...would STEVENSKI ride his nutsack like he does Tszyu?
King Eugene
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 4 2009, 08:54 PM) [snapback]423820[/snapback]

What if Austalia had their very own Roy Jones Jr...would STEVENSKI ride his nutsack like he does Tszyu?

They do...Mundine. Stevenski has his posters hung up in his cubical with his autograph.
Big Slim Sweet
What if Roy Jones hadn't fucked Derrick Gainer in the ass right before the Lou DelValle fight?

What if Teddy Atlas killed Mike Tyson when he was 16?

What if Evander Holyfield only had 5 kids out of wedlock instead of 23?

What if Frans Botha hadn't been poisoned prior to his bouts with Tyson, Lewis, Moorer and Wlad???
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 5 2009, 01:41 AM) [snapback]423814[/snapback]
He really didnt.
Fitzy and Stevenski are killing me over here laugh.gif

Stevenski...How much would they have had to pay you to fight Lewis? Why do I get the feeling you sit at your desk and eat cheeto puffs all day?

Quite a bit as getting hit by Lewis would be not much fun. I am in my office most of the day but I don't eat cheeto puffs.

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 5 2009, 01:54 AM) [snapback]423820[/snapback]

We do & he sux about as much as Roy does. No one likes him & no one respects him just like Roy & they both got knocked stone cold.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 4 2009, 10:44 PM) [snapback]423844[/snapback]
What if Evander Holyfield only had 5 kids out of wedlock instead of 23?

Oh lord your about to stir up some trouble now. LMAO

Man you had me rolling laughing at this at work. Everybody in the office turned around just to see what I was laughing at.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 4 2009, 10:57 PM) [snapback]423851[/snapback]
Quite a bit as getting hit by Lewis would be not much fun. I am in my office most of the day but I don't eat cheeto puffs.
We do & he sux about as much as Roy does. No one likes him & no one respects him just like Roy & they both got knocked stone cold.

You liked and respected him enough to bet on him. LOL
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 5 2009, 04:06 AM) [snapback]423856[/snapback]
You liked and respected him enough to bet on him. LOL

No I thought he was in another of his fixed fights at 175 thats all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.