Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto interview from el nuevo dia.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
frankypc
On the margarito fight and controversy.

“No queremos empañar la ejecutoria de Margarito, que tuvo una gran noche. Sólo ellos sabrán qué utilizaron, qué hicieron o qué no hicieron. Pero tuvo una gran victoria”, dijo Cotto quien cayó noqueado por primera vez en su carrera.

"I dont want to put blemish on margaritos performace that night, only they know what they did or dint do. But he had a great victory over me."

And also talks about getting over the loss

“Estamos muy bien. En realidad asimilamos muy bien lo que fue la derrota. Estamos enfocados en lo que es la próxima pelea y estamos con nuevos bríos para este año”, dijo. “Eso es algo que ha quedado en el pasado

" We are feeling very good. We assimilated the loss, now focusing in whats our next fight, but really we come with a second wind for this year and the loss its just stays in the past"

Talking about all the great fights at welter

“Estamos abiertos a los grandes retos, a las grandes peleas que el público quiere ver, a las peleas que traigan emoción, las peleas que realmente sean las que el público quiere”, dijo.

"We are open to big challenges, to the big fights the fans want to see, exciting fight, and again to the fights that the fans want to see"

On trainning for the Jennings fight

“El trabajo está rindiendo frutos y todo se ve muy bien al momento. Los chatas han venido a hacer el trabajo como lo deben hacer y me han ayudado en todo, en la defensa y en la ofensiva, en general”, dijo.

"The work is going well, everything looks good at the moment. The sparing partners have provided good work and they have helped me in everything, defense and offense and in general."

extracted from
http://www.elnuevodia.com/diario/noticia/b...argarito/527593
torvix2000
So there you have it guys!

I will no longer think about Margarito using the same wraps against Cotto.

Cotto has accepted his defeat like a man. No excuses!
frankypc
Cotto is and extremely confident guy and im sure plaster or not, he knows he could have done better that night no matter what people outside the ring think. Thats why i imh opinion he would do alot better in a rematch, he would do the appropiate adjustments, is that enough to win? I dont know. But as ive said before until the fight happens and margarito proves me wrong ill go with cotto in the rematch.
Snoop
Expected nothing less from Cotto. Always been a classy guy, graceful in loss.

In a rematch, I think Cotto would take some things from the Mosley fight, like tying up on the inside. He probably would have won if he learned to tie up when in trouble.
Yucayeke
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Feb 4 2009, 03:45 PM) [snapback]423719[/snapback]
Expected nothing less from Cotto. Always been a classy guy, graceful in loss.

In a rematch, I think Cotto would take some things from the Mosley fight, like tying up on the inside. He probably would have won if he learned to tie up when in trouble.

I agree Junito is a class act.

I also cosign that he definitely would have done better if he had tied Mags up the way Shane did. Maybe he learns from this
kidbazooka1
Cotto is a classy dude he'll be back on top of the 147lb weight class just waite and see.
Snoop
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Feb 4 2009, 11:27 AM) [snapback]423711[/snapback]
So there you have it guys!

I will no longer think about Margarito using the same wraps against Cotto.

Cotto has accepted his defeat like a man. No excuses!

Cotto could complain about the alleged handwraps and be completely justified IMO, but he isn't, which is a mature thing to do. Doesn't mean Margarito didn't use them though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.