Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Arlovski Signs w/ Golden Boy"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Devo
dirol.gif ... Anything to get away from a possible re-match w/ Fedor I guess .... this does not excite me, if he loses to the Giant, .... where does he go ... Disneyland ? ... or Holyfield vs. Arlovski ? dirol.gif
thehype
I don't think he was going to get the rematch with Fedor anyway.

This was the plan all along...from what I understand, Arlovski actually signed with them BEFORE the Fedor fight.
Devo
QUOTE(thehype @ Feb 4 2009, 01:07 PM) [snapback]423726[/snapback]
I don't think he was going to get the rematch with Fedor anyway.

This was the plan all along...from what I understand, Arlovski actually signed with them BEFORE the Fedor fight.
dirol.gif I think they are exploiting him ...he is very sellable but this is a tough transition ... present company (Freddie) accepted ... Imagine if he snaps & kicks his opponent... or knees in the clinch ?... I don't like it ! dirol.gif
AussieLad
All he's gotta do is fake a knee or leg kick and his opponent craps himself and drops his eyes down, club him in the skull... LOL

Arlovski will do well. The heavyweight division stinks like a turd on a pile of dead fish. Steer away from the klits and fight the very very beatable valuev
JonnyBlaze
Fres Oquendo vs. Arlovski!!Fres already put a whoopin on him in sparring and he wasn't even trying to do anything besides just help him work on his skills..In a real fight,Fres would UD or KO him for sure..
Devo
.... you just hit a sore-spot blazer, I had Fres over Toney & still think I was ripped off .... man cray.gif ...that one hurt bigtime ! buggah
Fitz
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Feb 5 2009, 08:31 AM) [snapback]423750[/snapback]
Fres Oquendo vs. Arlovski!!Fres already put a whoopin on him in sparring and he wasn't even trying to do anything besides just help him work on his skills..In a real fight,Fres would UD or KO him for sure..

Get over it man, it was sparring and Arloski is learning. Yes he would put a UD over Arloski now and so he should.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 4 2009, 05:57 PM) [snapback]423756[/snapback]
Get over it man, it was sparring and Arloski is learning. Yes he would put a UD over Arloski now and so he should.

Arlovski is not going to do anything in boxing..The heavyweight division has bums for him to fight like Arreola but even though I hate no fighter more,I'd give Arreola the win over Arlovski..
Fitz
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Feb 5 2009, 09:09 AM) [snapback]423758[/snapback]
Arlovski is not going to do anything in boxing..The heavyweight division has bums for him to fight like Arreola but even though I hate no fighter more,I'd give Arreola the win over Arlovski..

He maybe won't do anything, but you are placing so much emphasis on a guy that has no in ring experience and holding it against him that he lost a sparring session against a pro boxer. This is all because of your dislike for MMA. I'm not a fan of MMA either (nor a hater), but you are being too harsh.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 4 2009, 06:11 PM) [snapback]423759[/snapback]
He maybe won't do anything, but you are placing so much emphasis on a guy that has no in ring experience and holding it against him that he lost a sparring session against a pro boxer. This is all because of your dislike for MMA. I'm not a fan of MMA either (nor a hater), but you are being too harsh.

I don't like his boxing style and Freddy Roach is the wrong guy to make the cross over with in my opinion..It's just my opinion..Would I ever want to see him as heavyweight champ??No..I have seen what he can do so far and I don't like it..If he gets skills than I'll give him his props..

I don't like Mayweather outside the ring but when he is in the ring,I'm a fan..Not to say I don't like Arlovski outside the ring because my trainer has done light sparring with him and has only said good things about him personally..My 135 lb. trainer did almost drop him from a body shot though..I wouldn't hold it against him too much though cause he hits harder than anyone at my gym including 250-300 lbers..That's why in the Archie thread I was saying guys back then knew how to punch,unlike guys today..This is what I'm learning now..Dempsey is a prime example,he was 180 lbs. and broke a 300+ lber's jaw with one punch with 16 oz. gloves in sparring..
jlupi
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Feb 4 2009, 05:27 PM) [snapback]423761[/snapback]
..I wouldn't hold it against him too much though cause he hits harder than anyone at my gym including 250-300 lbers..That's why in the Archie thread I was saying guys back then knew how to punch,unlike guys today..This is what I'm learning now..Dempsey is a prime example,he was 180 lbs. and broke a 300+ lber's jaw with one punch with 16 oz. gloves in sparring..

OK rolleyes_anim.gif

you must be trained by vk3do LOL

BigG
I don't see Arloski being a serious threat.
Fitz
QUOTE(jlupi @ Feb 5 2009, 09:50 AM) [snapback]423764[/snapback]
OK rolleyes_anim.gif

you must be trained by vk3do LOL

LOL. Yeah, he may hit hard, but I don't know about that hard either man.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Devo @ Feb 4 2009, 05:15 PM) [snapback]423729[/snapback]
dirol.gif I think they are exploiting him ...he is very sellable but this is a tough transition ... present company (Freddie) accepted ... Imagine if he snaps & kicks his opponent... or knees in the clinch ?... I don't like it ! dirol.gif

If he did that to Valuev he would be my hero.
AussieLad
People are going to be surprised at how well he will do in boxing. Tall, fast, powerfull, aggressive, and has some decent striking for an MMA fighter. Now that he will be ditching wrestling, kicks, submissoins etc and applies the same dedication to just his hands he will improve quickly.

All just speculation, but expect to see him in the ring soon, probably on the undercard of hatton vs pacman is what i would be placing money on, given that pac and he share trainers and that he was scheduled to be on the undercard of pac vs oscar
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 4 2009, 07:27 PM) [snapback]423776[/snapback]
LOL. Yeah, he may hit hard, but I don't know about that hard either man.

Trust me,he hits harder than some heavyweights and weighs 135..When this 400 lb. dude comes into the gym he'll hold the mitts for my trainer and this guy almost falls over from the impact..He does bounce back a lot..He also hit one dude in the shoulder(240 lber) and the dude's whole back was fucked up and he had to go get it fixed..This guy is a freak..I'm 6'2 and he's 5'7 and he has longer arms than me by an inch..I have 27 and he has 28..

I really wanna get him on youtube..hahahaha..He'd be an instant classic..I'll need to talk to him about it..The crazy thing is that after he was in a car accident back in the day he said he can't hit as hard as he could..The car accident also stopped his pro career after 5 fights and 5 KO's..He definitely hits way harder than this one 250 lb. dude I've sparred before..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Feb 5 2009, 01:17 AM) [snapback]423861[/snapback]
People are going to be surprised at how well he will do in boxing. Tall, fast, powerfull, aggressive, and has some decent striking for an MMA fighter. Now that he will be ditching wrestling, kicks, submissoins etc and applies the same dedication to just his hands he will improve quickly.

All just speculation, but expect to see him in the ring soon, probably on the undercard of hatton vs pacman is what i would be placing money on, given that pac and he share trainers and that he was scheduled to be on the undercard of pac vs oscar

The next fight after Hatton for Pac-man should be Arlovski in my opinion..
Devo
thumbsup_anim.gif lmao .. if they can resolve the "conflict of interest" w/ the Roach-man ... I'm all in on Manny ! btw ... if that dosen't bring the Spyder out on this topic ... nothing will ? dirol.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Devo @ Feb 5 2009, 09:39 AM) [snapback]423922[/snapback]
thumbsup_anim.gif lmao .. if they can resolve the "conflict of interest" w/ the Roach-man ... I'm all in on Manny ! btw ... if that dosen't bring the Spyder out on this topic ... nothing will ? dirol.gif

hahaha for sure..We need Spyder to comment on this..

I'll go with Pac-man by UD over Arlovski..The straight left would be the money punch with the right hook landing all night..Arlovski wouldn't be able to catch him with a shot and everytime he'd try to muscle Pac-man to the ropes,Manny would slide under Arlovski's arms and bring the pain!!!Good break down huh??Arlovski might puke like Larry Holmes did against Holy but for a different reason..Arlovski would think he was so drunk that he was seeing 3 different Pac-mans in the ring with him and he'd be extremely dizzy at the end of the fight he'd have to puke to come back to reality..
Devo
cool.gif laugh.gif .... My Filipina wife is still laughing, she thinx Pac should use the marsupial-approach like Popeye did w/ Bluto in the Ali-Baba cartoon ! On a serious note, I genuinely believe Arlovski is making a bad business decision ... no doubt Freddie convinced him to jump ... & there are less injuries in boxing that would shorten his career but there is alot of good work for him in MMA, Dana would re-sign him in a heartbeat, so would the suits @ Showtime/Pro-Elite ... Antonio "Bigfoot Jr." Silva comes to mind, how about Arlovski vs. Couture or Lesnar or Mir ... people will pay for that, but Arlovski vs. Valuev or Holyfield ( Hey L'L Lightsout, how about Arlovski vs. Toney ? ) ... those are freak shows that amount to exploitation & the Pitbull deserves better . I wonder about the signing-bonus Trump & the Big-O layed on him... huge probably ? Last call for Spyder, Andre needs your love ! dirol.gif
Spyder
laugh.gif

Sorry guys, I've been sleeping on this topic...lol...I guess I was waiting for his first opponent to be named...

I'm not completely sold on Andrei's "boxing" potential. He knows how to throw straight shots, but can he take as much as he can give?

Honestly, in the heavyweight division, that is a huge variable for success. The ability to take a punch. Every heavyweight can knock you out...even Jason Estrada...so if you can't take what you can dish, then you will never make it as a heavyweight boxer.

BUT....

I think that this move on Andrei's part...signing with GBP, full-time boxing...is the best thing that he could possibly do at this point in his career. He built his name up big enough playing MMA to be a valuable addition to any fight card. He will probably get paid more in his first couple of fights as a boxer than he got for his ENTIRE career in MMA.

Of course, skills pay the bills, so he'll have to continue to improve with Roach if he wants to continue getting fights.

If only he wouldn't have gotten careless against that fat russian guy... laugh.gif
Devo
dirol.gif ... you hadda take a shot @ Fedor, ... you truly are diablo.gif "The Devil's Advocate" diablo.gif ... peace ... thumbsup_anim.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Devo @ Feb 6 2009, 08:17 AM) [snapback]424103[/snapback]
cool.gif laugh.gif .... My Filipina wife is still laughing, she thinx Pac should use the marsupial-approach like Popeye did w/ Bluto in the Ali-Baba cartoon ! On a serious note, I genuinely believe Arlovski is making a bad business decision ... no doubt Freddie convinced him to jump ... & there are less injuries in boxing that would shorten his career but there is alot of good work for him in MMA, Dana would re-sign him in a heartbeat, so would the suits @ Showtime/Pro-Elite ... Antonio "Bigfoot Jr." Silva comes to mind, how about Arlovski vs. Couture or Lesnar or Mir ... people will pay for that, but Arlovski vs. Valuev or Holyfield ( Hey L'L Lightsout, how about Arlovski vs. Toney ? ) ... those are freak shows that amount to exploitation & the Pitbull deserves better . I wonder about the signing-bonus Trump & the Big-O layed on him... huge probably ? Last call for Spyder, Andre needs your love ! dirol.gif

Less injuries but more deaths??I guess that's the trade off in boxing vs. UFC huh??
Spyder
Fedor as a kid...

Devo
QUOTE(Spyder @ Feb 6 2009, 09:53 PM) [snapback]424201[/snapback]
Fedor as a kid...

cool.gif .... Where did you get that pic ? ... I told my wife to burn those photos ... I was young & confused ... I idolized Haystacks Calhoun & Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin ... "It ain't my fault !" .... the Devil's Advocate strikes again ... I'm ruined ... diablo.gif ...(I'm watching Friday Night Fights now, sound off of course ... Big Daddy Bowe is ringside ! )
Spyder
Good heads up...I was waiting for ShoBox.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Feb 6 2009, 09:53 PM) [snapback]424201[/snapback]
Fedor as a kid...

Damn!!!hahahaha..You crack me up Spyder..
Devo
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Feb 6 2009, 08:27 PM) [snapback]424184[/snapback]
Less injuries but more deaths??I guess that's the trade off in boxing vs. UFC huh??
cool.gif ... yeah ... Eilers shot to death on Christmas Day, Tanner runs out of gas & dies of dehydration, GG champ Ronnie Vargas shot to death .... I remember watching ESPN back in '95 (the Bernstein/Papa days) when Al announced that "Jesse" James Hughes ( he would enter the ring wearing a black 10 gal. cowboy hat) was found shot-dead in his truck ... later they changed it to f/i outhouse . The spotlight grabs you & eventually spits you out ! Morbid subject but interesting topic . cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.