Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hbo Rejects Ishe For Angulo Fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
du365
According to a certain website, HBO has rejected Ishe Smith for a 2/14 replacement opponent for "Perro".

Hey guy, what do you think....would Ishe be a good opponent for Angulo?

His manager say that Ishe is one of the elites of the division.
STEVENSKI
Ishe is a bum & has a hideous wife. Nuff said but maybe the GLAG can get him some exposure by claiming he is some world beater.
Fitz
Oh that guy.......forgot about him. He is that dude that never won the reality show, yes?
thehype
Who's Ishe?

dntknw.gif
STEVENSKI
He is the marquee signing of GLAG.

Remember
STEVENSKI

Remember where you read
STEVENSKI

Remember where you read it first
BigG
Not at all impressed by Angulo. He reminds me of Margarito. Ishe would give him a good test.
King Eugene
I think Ishe just might whip him. Hell sign Walter 2 Guns Wright to fight him. I think that would be a good one.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 4 2009, 10:58 PM) [snapback]423833[/snapback]
I think Ishe just might whip him. Hell sign Walter 2 Guns Wright to fight him. I think that would be a good one.

Agreed
Big Slim Sweet
Ishe's a bore. I actually wanted to like him way back.

He lost to Julio and he'd lose to Angulo too.
Devo
cool.gif ... I remember Ishe "Sugar-Shay" Smith vs. Sechew "Iron-Horse" Powell @ the Hammerstein in '07 ... I believe it was Sunday Night Fights w/ Shawn O'Grady, Rich Marotta & Barry Thompkins (Arnold "Tokyo" Rosenthaul was in the audience) ... O'Grady was brutal, ... Marotta had to wake the ref twice ... I remember begging my wife to turn-off the TV & jam bamboo-shutes under my finger nails instead ! ... It was a 10 rd. UD & they both lost ... help.gif ... Gomez will be the test for El Perro (the Guard-Dog) Angulo . cool.gif
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Devo @ Feb 5 2009, 08:00 PM) [snapback]424011[/snapback]
I remember Ishe "Sugar-Shay" Smith vs. Sechew "Iron-Horse" Powell @ the Hammerstein in '07 ... I believe it was Sunday Night Fights w/ Shawn O'Grady, Rich Marotta & Barry Thompkins (Arnold "Tokyo" Rosenthaul was in the audience)

No, I believe it was HBO Boxing After Dark.

Yes, they both stunk out the joint.
Devo
cool.gif ... Gomez not ready ... Danny Perez (34-5>17 KO) orthodox ... gets the assignment w/ El Perro on Valentines Day ... 32 yrs old, dropped a UD to Margarito in '02 .... fought Eric "Murder" Mitchell last November for the USBA-WBO-NABO title ... got the -W- off a DQ . Angulo gets the nod & Mayorga gets the Bud/Marlboro .... cool.gif
du365
Pat (NY): Why did HBO reject Ishe Smith? I think that would be a good contrast in styles.

SportsNation Dan Rafael: Why would HBO accept him? Terrible style fight. And what has Ishe done lately to deserve the fight anyway?
Devo
dirol.gif ... I'm not a Sugar-Shay fan & I haven't seen him since his loss to Joel Julio @ the River Rock last April, ... Ishe knows all the tricks & I think El Perros' people were concerned about the fight being a stinker ... they need to expand Angulos' fan-base to get the big offers .... no % in fighting a cagey-veteran ! dirol.gif
MarzB
Man fuck Boxingtalk but that shouldn't influence folks opinions as it seems in some cases.

Shay's a good boxer. At times he may not show his full arsenal and fight overly defensive but he's still a very good talent. I see him easily having beat that Angulo.

Too bad for him he's burned up himself within the industry to where as he has to have that one guy as his adviser but I guarantee this. That bitch azz who talked about his wife here wouldn't DARE say that to his face thats for sure. Isn't that right you PUSSY?? Evoking someone's wife??

Tell you what, lets see your buck-tooth, boomerang catching in her mouth wife's face and lets evaluate. Not married (wouldn't be surprised), show your girl and I'd beat we'd get a "thumbs down" in unison dickhead.

What do you do for an encore, beat up kids??
STEVENSKI
You are a real hero Marz, well one of mine at least anyway along with Clay. So what I called his wife ugly, I voice my opinions & back them up with facts. If there was a poll as to "do you find Shay's stank ass wife attractive" I wager that the vote would be a resounding yes. Actually come to think of it there was once a thread on this board about his wife's attractiveness.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 11 2009, 12:24 AM) [snapback]424649[/snapback]
You are a real hero Marz, well one of mine at least anyway along with Clay. So what I called his wife ugly, I voice my opinions & back them up with facts. If there was a poll as to "do you find Shay's stank ass wife attractive" I wager that the vote would be a resounding yes. Actually come to think of it there was once a thread on this board about his wife's attractiveness.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
I'm actually pretty cool with Ishe..Me and him talk quite a bit..He does have real good defensive skills..His only problem is his output in punches..If he throws more,he'd be winning fights..He said he's going to start throwing more shots..He has accurate punches and is good at counter punching..He is more of a counter puncher by nature so he is going to rely more on his opponents mistakes than making his own offense(he has been working his own offense more of lately though)..
Big Slim Sweet
Why are we talking about Ishe Smith? Because Greg Leon mentions his name in every fagbag?

There are numerous 147-154 lbers who deserve a shot as an opponent on HBO as much if not more than that Ice T looking clown. Ishe's had plenty of opportunites already and always come up short. He's not the goods. Couple that with his unfriendly defensive, throw-no-punches style and it's not hard to see why he's on the outside looking in.

Cosme Rivera gave Joel Julio a much better fight than Ishe did. He's got the date now and that's cool with me.
JonnyBlaze
Just seeing Leon's face pisses me off..haha..
buford54
Honestly, Ishe seems to have changed his "thug" attitude, but it's his actions that speak louder than his words.
He loses too often. If he starts winning fights, and doing it impressively, then he'll get a shot on HBO.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 11 2009, 10:23 PM) [snapback]424727[/snapback]
You certainly aren't winning any cool points here, lol.

laugh.gif Fitz is killing me.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Feb 11 2009, 01:59 AM) [snapback]424678[/snapback]
I'm actually pretty cool with Ishe..Me and him talk quite a bit..He does have real good defensive skills..His only problem is his output in punches..If he throws more,he'd be winning fights..He said he's going to start throwing more shots..He has accurate punches and is good at counter punching..He is more of a counter puncher by nature so he is going to rely more on his opponents mistakes than making his own offense(he has been working his own offense more of lately though)..

Blaze, you gotta find better people to hang out with. You should start visiting prisons.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(buford54 @ Feb 11 2009, 04:25 PM) [snapback]424723[/snapback]
Honestly, Ishe seems to have changed his "thug" attitude, but it's his actions that speak louder than his words.
He loses too often. If he starts winning fights, and doing it impressively, then he'll get a shot on HBO.

I didn't think he was a thug, wasn't he all into jesus and shit. He was on the contender.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 11 2009, 06:23 PM) [snapback]424727[/snapback]
You certainly aren't winning any cool points here, lol.

Do you think I give a shit??hahaha..You all were talkin shit about him then I said that..Shouldn't I be getting uncool points ON HERE??Ishe is very religious by the way..He never was a thug but you might think that because they made him out to be that way on the contender..Ishe is nothing like what they showed on the contender..

Rusty, which prison do you recommend me to visit??hahahaha..That was a good one..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.