Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pac eyes a Mosely fight after hatton....
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
AussieLad
http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2009/02/04/fred...anned-for-life/

At the end of this article, roach alludes to pac vs mosely sometime after the hatton fight assuming pac wins... I dont know what others are thinking, but i reckon if that happens pac is getting knocked out
Devo
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Feb 5 2009, 05:21 PM) [snapback]423981[/snapback]
http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2009/02/04/fred...anned-for-life/

At the end of this article, roach alludes to pac vs mosely sometime after the hatton fight assuming pac wins... I dont know what others are thinking, but i reckon if that happens pac is getting knocked out

cool.gif Aus .... you need to downshift the Sugar-Wagon ... Larry Merchant could have whooped TT that night ... boxers are thinking machines & if I'm Margarito walking to the ring to face Mosely, I am already anticipating the shit coming my way for the handwraps ... especially pertaining to Cotto ! Think about that empathically .... that incident in the locker room & the dramatic loss is what he will be remembered for no-matter what he does in the future . He could never vacation in Puerto Rico w/o the Secret Service & 100 personel body-guards . Mosely was Mosely that night, but that was not the TT we observed in the past .... Sugar-Shane may have kicked his butte anyway .... but that was a humiliating defeat, TT was totally non-competitive . Cotto beats Mosely - Margarito beats Cotto - Mosely beats Margarito - Pacquiao beats Mosely - Mayweather beats Pacquiao - Cotto beats Mayweather - Mosely beats Cotto .... & thats what makes the world go-round ! cool.gif
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE(Devo @ Feb 5 2009, 05:15 PM) [snapback]423997[/snapback]
cool.gif Aus .... you need to downshift the Sugar-Wagon ... Larry Merchant could have whooped TT that night ... boxers are thinking machines & if I'm Margarito walking to the ring to face Mosely, I am already anticipating the shit coming my way for the handwraps ... especially pertaining to Cotto ! Think about that empathically .... that incident in the locker room & the dramatic loss is what he will be remembered for no-matter what he does in the future . He could never vacation in Puerto Rico w/o the Secret Service & 100 personel body-guards . Mosely was Mosely that night, but that was not the TT we observed in the past .... Sugar-Shane may have kicked his butte anyway .... but that was a humiliating defeat, TT was totally non-competitive . Cotto beats Mosely - Margarito beats Cotto - Mosely beats Margarito - Pacquiao beats Mosely - Mayweather beats Pacquiao - Cotto beats Mayweather - Mosely beats Cotto .... & thats what makes the world go-round ! cool.gif

lol.....thats what makes boxing interesting 2 me. Styles make the fight
Chi-Town
QUOTE(Devo @ Feb 5 2009, 04:15 PM) [snapback]423997[/snapback]

I think it was the same Margarito, he just ran into a guy with the footwork to make him look bad and make him pay for standing so straight up. I'm not really impressed by Mosely outboxing Tony, but I was very shocked and i guess somewhat impressed that he was able to hurt him. I don't think there is anyway Pacquiao beats Mosely, unless Shane gets old(er) over night and has nothing left like Oscar. Much bigger guys with more power have not been able to hurt Mosely, and thats really Pacquiao's equalizer against good boxers, knockdowns . Do you really see Manny Pacquiao being able to decision Mosely without hurting him or knocking him down?
BigG
I think Pac's run comes to and end if he ever fights Mosley.
torvix2000
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Feb 6 2009, 12:16 AM) [snapback]424015[/snapback]
I think it was the same Margarito, he just ran into a guy with the footwork to make him look bad and make him pay for standing so straight up. I'm not really impressed by Mosely outboxing Tony, but I was very shocked and i guess somewhat impressed that he was able to hurt him. I don't think there is anyway Pacquiao beats Mosely, unless Shane gets old(er) over night and has nothing left like Oscar. Much bigger guys with more power have not been able to hurt Mosely, and thats really Pacquiao's equalizer against good boxers, knockdowns . Do you really see Manny Pacquiao being able to decision Mosely without hurting him or knocking him down?

How about 3 punches landed against 1?

Those big guys are a lot slower than those quick little guys. They look a lot more slower especially against quick little guys with good chin and who punches crisp. They have to knock those little guys out or hurt them. He has to knock Pacquiao out because the guy never stops punching even when got hurt.
torvix2000
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 6 2009, 12:34 AM) [snapback]424021[/snapback]
I think Pac's run comes to and end if he ever fights Mosley.

Make this sticky.

Mosley is washed up.
Devo
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Feb 5 2009, 08:16 PM) [snapback]424015[/snapback]
cool.gif The game is 75% psychological .... Margarito was not there in my opinion .... Sugar vs Pac, Shane is 38 w/ 2-12 rd losses to the Viper ... 2-12 rd losses to Winky ... a 12 rd loss to Cotto ... went 12 rds w/ Collazo, 10 rds w/ Vargas & Cruz & it took him 12 rds to dump Tomato Mayorga ... Pac is 29 w/ a 12 rd UD loss to El Terrible' & we know what he did in the next 2 re-matches . Unfortunately for me, Pac would be a big favorite from the wagering aspect but I respect your opinion Chi & anything is possible as we see regularly . cool.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
A lot of people were saying Cotto would not beat Mosley becaus eonly tall boxers had beaten Sugar Shane. Cotto proved that assertion wrong. And Pac proved you don't need to be the same size to kick a guy;s ass ( see DLH fight).
Lil-lightsout
Pac ain't getting by Hatton, so forget this fight.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Feb 5 2009, 10:08 PM) [snapback]424058[/snapback]

Hatton will bring Pac back to reality!

King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Feb 5 2009, 10:08 PM) [snapback]424058[/snapback]

He sure as hell isn't. We'll see Hatton-Mosley with Mosley winning by KO sometime at the end of this year or beginning of next.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 5 2009, 11:51 PM) [snapback]424076[/snapback]
He sure as hell isn't. We'll see Hatton-Mosley with Mosley winning by KO sometime at the end of this year or beginning of next.

Pac Man nuthuggers need a shot of reality. Shane may be 37 BUT he just handed the #1 147lb fighter in the world his ass in impressive fashion. If Mosley/Pacquiao were made, Shane would easily be the strongest and fastest guy Manny has ever faced.

To be honest, this fight doesn't make any sense for team Pacquiao, IMO. IF they get by Hatton then the logical next fight for Manny would be Mayweather.
Devo
dirol.gif I agree Pac vs. PBF is the big money ... & Hatton is just a tune-up for that fight ... Floyds inactivity will make it interesting ... Roach will work on Mannys' defense intensly ... but I just can't see Mosely being competitive w/ Pac, ... Pac is younger, faster & hits harder ... the records & age difference speak for themselves . dirol.gif
thehype
I do think Pac is faster than Shane, but I don't know if he hits harder. I definitely DO think Shane would be competitive though. Most likely, the fight would go to the scorecards and I can see Pacquiao squeeking out a close one. I think the thing that makes Manny so difficult to fight is the awkward way he jumps in and out landing those quick combinations. I can see that giving Shane some problems at times. Shane would definitely get his licks in though...I'm just not sure he'd land enough however to win the fight on the cards. Manny is like a gnat...he's all over the place.
Devo
dirol.gif ... I just have a problem w/ Mosely being hyped off that last fight ... Margarito (in my humble opinion) made him look like a world-beater .... Manny looks that way naturally ... you really need to take a good look @ Shanes record & tube fites like Cruz ... Collazo ... Vargas etc. dirol.gif
Big Slim Sweet
I always shake my head when someone mentions how Shane didn't look good in the Vargas fight. He looked spectacular. Now you could say he only looked spectacular due to how horrendous Vargas looked, but still, to act like Shane himself looked bad... nono.gif

Anyway, Pac's going to have a field day teeing off on Hatton. It's easy for a trainer like Floyd Sr to get Hatton to fight differently when he's facing someone who's barely putting up any resistance like Magliannacci, but when faced with adversity Hatton will go back to being who he is and always has been.

Mosley though would be too much for Pac IMO. He'd catch him coming in with one of those overhand sledghammer rights to the temple and follow up with a TKO.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Devo @ Feb 6 2009, 10:49 AM) [snapback]424122[/snapback]
but I just can't see Mosely being competitive w/ Pac, ... Pac is younger, faster & hits harder ... the records & age difference speak for themselves . dirol.gif

Younger? Yes. Faster? Maybe. Hits harder? Hell no. Not even close. Shane has real welterweight power. Pac Man, so far, hits hard for a lightweight.

As far as records are concerned; What great fighter in his prime has Manny beat? Marquez? An argument can be made that Manny got a gift in both fights.

Shane has that W against an in his prime ODLH.
Douchebag
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Feb 5 2009, 07:36 PM) [snapback]424023[/snapback]
Make this sticky.

Mosley is washed up.

Is a Pacquiao hate wagon going to have to start because of this clown?
Devo
dirol.gif .... Where in the name of Dempsey, would Mosely get a sledgehammer ? ... Before the Margarito fight he went the distance 10 of his last 12 ... he's a frickin' 38 yr old powder-puff . (ok ... 2:59/ 12th w/ El Matomato) ... & it took him 10 rounds to catch El Feroz in their 1st fight . Pac is much quicker & has power in both hands + Roach .... it might go the distance if Manny dosen't whack those 38 yr old ribs, but this a mis-match from the getgo ... Mosely retires after the Pac-Attack ! ...(Pacquiao would be -400 vs. Shane) dirol.gif
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Devo @ Feb 6 2009, 01:44 PM) [snapback]424144[/snapback]
dirol.gif .... Where in the name of Dempsey, would Mosely get a sledgehammer ? ... Before the Margarito fight he went the distance 10 of his last 12 ... he's a frickin' 38 yr old powder-puff . (ok ... 2:59/ 12th w/ El Matomato) ... & it took him 10 rounds to catch El Feroz in their 1st fight . Pac is much quicker & has power in both hands + Roach .... it might go the distance if Manny dosen't whack those 38 yr old ribs, but this a mis-match from the getgo ... Mosely retires after the Pac-Attack ! ...(Pacquiao would be -400 vs. Shane) dirol.gif

You're kidding, right?

Shane destroys any-and-everyone from 140 on down.
Douchebag
The only way Pac wins this fight is if they fight at some catchweight......................
Devo
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 6 2009, 03:51 PM) [snapback]424146[/snapback]
The only way Pac wins this fight is if they fight at some catchweight......................
Catch-Weight ... Pac was @ 42 w/ Oscar & Mosely was @ 47 w/ Margarito ... so thats no biggy ( Hatton was @ 40 w/ Pauly) ... unfortunately Shane will be near 40 yrs. old if this goes down, Hatton & Floyd got the juice now so I'm gonna save my energy here .... but if its a go, we should do a little internet-food wagering ( you can send ribs & chicken anywhere these days ) .... great sparring guys, enjoyed it ! cool.gif
KookedKrack
Mosley stops him.......and shame on the disrespect Juan Manuel Marquez is getting, its funny how pac fans forget his fights with him.
Devo
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Feb 6 2009, 06:45 PM) [snapback]424164[/snapback]
Mosley stops him.......and shame on the disrespect Juan Manuel Marquez is getting, its funny how pac fans forget his fights with him.
cool.gif ... JMM would knock Mosley out early in the 1st round ! jester.gif
torvix2000
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Feb 6 2009, 10:45 PM) [snapback]424164[/snapback]

Actually, 7 fights against the 3 Mexican legends Marquez one of them. Pacquiao has fought excellent fighters one of them his style's natural enemy - Marquez. Freddie Roach probably accounted for only 50% of his boxing skills.
torvix2000
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Feb 6 2009, 10:45 PM) [snapback]424164[/snapback]

LOL! You're disrespecting Marquez, yourself!!! Pac got through Marquez by hairline or by a gift because that's how good that baztard is.
Devo
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Feb 6 2009, 06:45 PM) [snapback]424164[/snapback]
cool.gif ... Dinamita is a living legend, ... a -W- vs. him is a phenomenal accomplishment & he will TKO the "Baby Bull" on the 28th just like he did to "El Cepillo" (the Brush) ... last September ! Long Live Juan-Manual Marquez ... cool.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
You're only as good as your last fight and in in people's eyes, MOsley is a god. But the reality is he's an outboxable fighter, he excels against slow plodding guys, he even said so himself. Pacquiao is anything but slow and plodding.

I am aware that Paquiao is red hot too based on his last fight but even if he had never fought DLH I would have picked him by UD. No wipeout though as Mosley always comes to fight.
KookedKrack
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Feb 5 2009, 07:36 PM) [snapback]424023[/snapback]
Make this sticky.

Mosley is washed up.

the only person that is washed up is the person pac man fought in December...how about we see how pac does @147 against some one who will actually throw punches at him .......he has beat some legends but legends that were NOT in their prime aside from marquez and we seen how those 2 fights turned out... I would pick mosley over him any day shit i would pick margarita over him as well
BigG
MMM,

Mosley presents problems for Pac

1-Mosley is as fast as he is.
2-Mosley is more powerful than Pac.
3-Mosley IS the bgiger man and stronger.
4-Mosley is better than Oscar at this point.
5-Mosley can get rough and do some rough stuff on Pac on the inside

Mosley can beat Pac.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 6 2009, 08:10 PM) [snapback]424190[/snapback]
MMM,

Mosley presents problems for Pac

1-Mosley is as fast as he is.
2-Mosley is more powerful than Pac.
3-Mosley IS the bgiger man and stronger.
4-Mosley is better than Oscar at this point.
5-Mosley can get rough and do some rough stuff on Pac on the inside

Mosley can beat Pac.

Mosley is not as fats as Pac Man.

He is more powerful, so was DLH

AGain, DLH was also bigger.

MOsley is better than DLH at this point but he can still get outboxed easier than Oscar does.

I agree with number 5 but he'd have to get close to Pacquiao first, no easy thing to do as he's always jumping around the ring.
Devo
dirol.gif .... & Mosely is old ... look for him to replace Max Kellerman this fall .... dirol.gif
BigG
Mosley and Pacquiao's speed is comparable. Watch their last fights. Shane is still one of the fastest fighters alive. If Pacquiao has faster hands, it's only by a small margin at this point IMO. It doesn't matter though, their both fast as hell.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 6 2009, 08:24 PM) [snapback]424196[/snapback]
Mosley and Pacquiao's speed is comparable. Watch their last fights. Shane is still one of the fastest fighters alive. If Pacquiao has faster hands, it's only by a small margin at this point IMO. It doesn't matter though, their both fast as hell.

I don't know what to say other than you are absolutely 100% wrong.
Spyder
laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
DOn't want to turn this into another calf thread but I was watching some Rocky Graziano fights and the guy had big calves.
King Eugene
laugh.gif
You guys are a trip, but I'd still favor Mosley over Manny. His ability to cut off the ring will be better than what DLH's was. He'll eventually catch up with Pac and force him to trade. Then it just might be nite nite for Pac-Man.
Lil-lightsout
This fight is so easy to pick(if they actually fight), Mosely WILL KO Pac! Oscar hit Pac with NOTHING, Pac will be getting hit by a fast, hard punching welterweight in Mosely. I still can not freaking believe how some people jump on bandwagons around here. So Pac looked great against a half dead ODLH. Calzaghe looked great against Jones. Big fn deal. I for one see Pac losing to Hatton next anyway, so I doubt this fight happens. But if Pac does surprise me and beats Ricky, I will still pick Mosely over Pac anyday. I do think Pac looked great against Oscar, but until he is in there with a live fresh body, it means very little.

Oh, and I 100% agree with BG, there speed is compareable. It is not like Pac's speed blows Shane out of the water. Though I would give a slight edge to Pac, not that it would be a major factor anyway.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Feb 6 2009, 09:16 PM) [snapback]424207[/snapback]
This fight is so easy to pick(if they actually fight), Mosely WILL KO Pac! Oscar hit Pac with NOTHING, Pac will be getting hit by a fast, hard punching welterweight in Mosely. I still can not freaking believe how some people jump on bandwagons around here. So Pac looked great against a half dead ODLH. Calzaghe looked great against Jones. Big fn deal. I for one see Pac losing to Hatton next anyway, so I doubt this fight happens. But if Pac does surprise me and beats Ricky, I will still pick Mosely over Pac anyday. I do think Pac looked great against Oscar, but until he is in there with a live fresh body, it means very little.

Oh, and I 100% agree with BG, there speed is compareable. It is not like Pac's speed blows Shane out of the water. Though I would give a slight edge to Pac, not that it would be a major factor anyway.

I'm with you 100%.

Way too many bandwagon fans. Funny thing is Pavlik lost all of his.
Mean Mister Mustard
The bandwagons are about 50-50 considering a lot of people are picking Molsey solely based off his win over Margarito. Mosley would have to chase Pacquiao down and he's no good at doing that, at least not against fast guys. DLH has fast hands and he couldn't catch Pacquiao.
BigG
Pac's calves ARE huge..laugh.gif

MMM, Oscar De La Fruitty looked lost against Pac's speed, movement, and straight lefts BUT Shane will make it rough vs. Pacquiao and that's the difference.

Don't forget Shane dominated Collazo too before the Cotto fight.
kidbazooka1
You guys are forgetting one thing Mosley is 37 and in any fight he can begin to show his age. If Manny catches a finshed Mosley he beats him other wise Mosley by stoppage.
King Eugene
Yes you do have a lot of people on the Mosley bandwagon cause of the Margarito fight but at the same time you still have a lot of Mosley fans that where fans before the Margarito fight that predicted that was going to happen.
Devo
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 6 2009, 10:58 PM) [snapback]424221[/snapback]
You guys are forgetting one thing Mosley is 37 and in any fight he can begin to show his age. If Manny catches a finshed Mosley he beats him other wise Mosley by stoppage.

cool.gif... HUGE difference 30-yrs to 40-yrs .... & yeah, these guys are severely over-rating Mosely's last performance, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn & Margarito was an acorn . Again ... Mosely went the distance 10 of his last 12 (2:59/12th w/ RM)) ... & there is only 4-5 lbs difference . When you Mosely bitches see the over/under @ the casino's ... you'll keep your pesos in your purse . Again ... this fight will never happen ... get over it ! ... P.S.- Naz was in Rosados' corner tonight . cool.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
Mosley has never looked great when trying to chase a guy down and he's 37 which will make him even slower unless he's still on the juice. Remember he wasn't caught in the DLH fight yet it is now known that he was taking them. God knows what he is taking now. Anyway, I pick Pacquiao but not by a shutout and in a fight anything can happen, that is all I can say.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 6 2009, 10:52 PM) [snapback]424220[/snapback]
Pac's calves ARE huge..laugh.gif

MMM, Oscar De La Fruitty looked lost against Pac's speed, movement, and straight lefts BUT Shane will make it rough vs. Pacquiao and that's the difference.

Don't forget Shane dominated Collazo too before the Cotto fight.

Most Filipinos have huge calves. My father in law is a short dude at 5'4 and 150lb yet his calves look like bowling balls.
Devo
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 7 2009, 03:42 AM) [snapback]424270[/snapback]
Most Filipinos have huge calves. My father in law is a short dude at 5'4 and 150lb yet his calves look like bowling balls.

cool.gif .... Mabuhay ! ... yeah, definately true about the men in the Philippines, Its like Popeye-Ville over there, not true about the women though ... Filipinas' are very nicely proportioned .... gorgeous legs on those babes .... "Pinay All Day" ! drinks.gif
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 7 2009, 11:26 AM) [snapback]424286[/snapback]
Interesting.

*writes down on notepad*

laugh.gif

Oh, shit. I killed myself laughing at that.
torvix2000
WTF!!!

Battle of the Calves again!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.