Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ..." Where Is ... ? "
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Devo
cool.gif ... Welterweight : Losses to Rubio (avenged) ... Jesse James Leija ... & Stevie Forbes ... Wins over Andre Eason & Emmanuel Clottey ... & if you'll pardon the MMA insertion ... Where is Cung Le ? ... I've seen more of Frank Shamrock than the Cunger ... that was a great beat-down last year ! ... if you have any info, ... call > 800-867-5309 < thankyou ... cool.gif
King Eugene
I got a better question...where is Walter "2 Gunns" Wright?
Lil-lightsout
I liked watching Bojado coming up, he was exciting to watch. He could have made some good money too. I remember when him and Cotto were coming up the pro circuit how Max Kellerman would ride Bojado's nuts bigtime. And he really would overlook Cotto, which pissed me off because he showed his clear favoritism towards Bojado. I just remember him always making stupid comments comparing the two. Funny how things ended up, Cotto made a good name for himself in boxing and Bojado made a name for himself in the buffet line.
Big Slim Sweet
I remember Bojado and Cotto coming up together as two of the big four junior welterweight prospects.

The other two were Muhammed Abdulaev and Ricardo Williams Jr.

I have to admit I thought Bojado and Abdulaev were both going to be better than Cotto at the time. dntknw.gif

I also thought Kelson Pinto was going to be better than all of them.
Mean Mister Mustard
That usually happens with prospects. When you have 4 or 5 coming up there's always one that people think is going to be the best and the he fails and the guy you least expected makes it instead.
buford54
I think Bojado is standing in line at the Golden Corral.
It's sad. Some guys have the skill, but not the foresight and character to be pro fighters. If he could have stayed focused, he could have made a lot and then retired and then partied to his heart's content.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 6 2009, 12:25 PM) [snapback]424129[/snapback]
I remember Bojado and Cotto coming up together as two of the big four junior welterweight prospects.

The other two were Muhammed Abdulaev and Ricardo Williams Jr.

I have to admit I thought Bojado and Abdulaev were both going to be better than Cotto at the time. dntknw.gif

I also thought Kelson Pinto was going to be better than all of them.

Atleast you are honest and admitted who you thought would pan out better. Me personally, I thought Cotto was the best of the bunch, behind him I would have put Abdulaev, Bojado, then Williams. Forgot about Pinto, man he was hyped too. I just never seen him fight until Cotto destroyed him I think. It is crazy that none of the other fighters are anywhere on the radar these days. All of them could have been top contenders too or champs. Man, you need a serious strong mentality to be successful in this sport. Your physical attributes will only take you so far.
Spyder
I thought that Williams was a can't miss prospect...whoops.

Bojado liked the snack bar a little too much. He always reminded of a young Fernando Vargas.
Big Slim Sweet
Williams always looked soft to me. When he couldn't (or wouldn't) put Terron Millett away a few months after Gatti obliterated Millett I think I knew then the kid was going to fall short.

Ironically the only time I was really impressed with Williams was when he went the distance with Valenzuela.
rusty_trombone
Panchito was sighted on Tuesday at a Denny's on line for his free Grand Slam breakfast. Afterward he was sighted at a "China Super Buffet" loading up on Sweet and Sour Pork.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Feb 6 2009, 04:12 PM) [snapback]424154[/snapback]
I thought that Williams was a can't miss prospect...whoops.

yeah, if only he stayed out of the clink.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.