Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Buffalo Post???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
iron_mike
In what can only be considered as a poor excuse for a world heavyweight championship (bahahahahahah!!!!) Francois Botha scored a unanimous 12 rounds points decision over Ron Guerrero to win the vacant World Boxing Federation belt at the Tlokwe Hall in Potchefstroom on Friday night. The South African veteran, a former IBF champion, won with scores of 118-114, 117-111 and 117-110.....

The referee deducted a point from Botha for hitting with both hands in the seventh round.......I REFUSE to believe Botha used the double eardrum punch that he and Sam Peter are not known for...unfathomable....
STEVENSKI
Botha should be charged with attempted murder as the double punch is like giving him a 12 gauge in the ring.
Spyder
Botha having full use of both hands is illegal in most states...as it should be.
rusty_trombone
He must have decided to take it easy on the scrub he was fighting. Otherwise we would have seen that shit in the news, "Botha Knocks Guerrero's Head Off Mortal Kombat Style"

And Buffalo is not posting, probably because he is still celebrating Botha's return to being king of the heavyweights(well he was always king, now those damn alpahbets are truly recognizing who the real undisputed baddest ass is in the heavyweight division).
ROLL DEEP
If a boxers hands are considered weapons, what about Botha using TWO hands at once?

Thats insane.

But seriously.....WBF world title? laugh.gif What is that about? Man, what a joke.

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Feb 7 2009, 04:44 PM) [snapback]424305[/snapback]
But seriously.....WBF world title? laugh.gif What is that about? Man, what a joke.

It must only be a joke over in the UK, over here in the States the WBF is regarded as the belt of all belts. The Ring belt is considered shit compared with the WBF.
iron_mike
World Buffalo Federation...very fitting
Snoop
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Feb 7 2009, 10:53 PM) [snapback]424309[/snapback]
It must only be a joke over in the UK, over here in the States the WBF is regarded as the belt of all belts. The Ring belt is considered shit compared with the WBF.

That's right! Fucking Brits and their Joe Calzaghes....
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Feb 7 2009, 06:48 PM) [snapback]424322[/snapback]
That's right! Fucking Brits and their Joe Calzaghes....

no respect for the greatest heavyweight in the history of the universe, including every planet that might have boxers that we don't know about. If Mars had boaxers at one time, millions of years ago, Botha would decimate every Martian boxer.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Feb 7 2009, 10:20 PM) [snapback]424312[/snapback]
World Buffalo Federation...very fitting

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
TheWhiteBuffalo
I have returned from celebrating this wonderful turn of events! As predicted, Francois Botha has won the title in convincing fashion (See scores below)! This is a wonderful and joyous occasion for all!

Guerrero was a big, sloppy and awkward fighter, and the Buffalo had to adapt to this amateurish style of fighting. I have heard that this sweet victory was not up the the usual standards of carnage and death, but a victory is still cherished by the legions of Botha fans around the world!

In great warrior tradition, Botha will rematch Guerrero in Texas. Hopefully the rematch will be a barn burner that is sure to satisfy the hungriest of appetites for human sacrificial slaughter. Rejoice, as this title is so hotly chased by the Klitschko brothers.......we now have all the cards!

POTCHEFSTROOM, South Africa - Ron Guerrero went the distance, but lost a unanimous 12-round decision to Francois Botha on Friday.

With the win, Botha wins the previously vacant World Boxing Foundation heavyweight title.

According to Guerrero's promoters, Botha (46-4-2) said he will come to Corpus Christi to give Guerrero a rematch in May at the American Bank Center.

Neither fighter was knocked down, but Botha used his size advantage to lean on Guerrero.

The 34-year-old Guerrero (20-16-3) came into the bout in good shape at 234 pounds, 20 pounds lighter than his last fight -- a win over Roderick Willis in May in Robstown.

It was the biggest fight of Guerrero's 11-year career. Guerrero had never fought for a title, but he received some acclaim when he fought eventual heavyweight champion Jameel McCline to a draw in 2000.

It was just Botha's second fight in the past six years. After a loss to Wladimir Klitschko and a draw against Clifford Etienne in 2002, Botha stepped away from the sport for five years before stepping back into the ring with a win over Bob Mirovic in 2007.
DEP Nihilist
STEVENSKI
Holy smokes DEP is back! Lurking just to post a Botha pic.
King Eugene
QUOTE(DEP Nihilist @ Feb 10 2009, 12:11 AM) [snapback]424535[/snapback]

George.....who calves are those?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 10 2009, 05:21 AM) [snapback]424539[/snapback]
George.....who calves are those?

laugh.gif G loves his man calves.
BigG
LOL 3K! You Roy Jones Jr. nutswinger, you still haven't forgot about that?! laugh.gif
BGv2.0
Truely the Boxing Gods have smiled upon me.....by even giving me a SLIGHT hope to see the Man-God Botha with my very own eyes in the flesh....in TX.

I will drive the long trip to Corpus to see

Botha/Guerrero II!

Guerrero must be given respect to risk his life and the possible loss of his family and loved ones due to even thinking about stepping back in the ring with Botha.

The White Buffalo has on occasion shown mercy to his sacrifical offering....much like a snake that chooses to let the rat but scurry in his cage until he feels it time to quench his hunger....Botha does the same.

We are privey to a New Era, we have but one job to do correctly, much like an ant in the afterbirth before Botha we tremble.

We do not owe him fear......we owe him AWE!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 10 2009, 03:59 AM) [snapback]424552[/snapback]
LOL 3K! You Roy Jones Jr. nutswinger, you still haven't forgot about that?! laugh.gif

I don't think anyone will ever forget it either..
King Eugene
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 10 2009, 02:59 AM) [snapback]424552[/snapback]

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Who will....you Manny Calf/cliffhanger!
King Eugene
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Feb 10 2009, 09:36 PM) [snapback]424630[/snapback]
I don't think anyone will ever forget it either..

Never!
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Feb 10 2009, 06:10 PM) [snapback]424600[/snapback]
Truely the Boxing Gods have smiled upon me.....by even giving me a SLIGHT hope to see the Man-God Botha with my very own eyes in the flesh....in TX.

I will drive the long trip to Corpus to see

Botha/Guerrero II!

Guerrero must be given respect to risk his life and the possible loss of his family and loved ones due to even thinking about stepping back in the ring with Botha.

The White Buffalo has on occasion shown mercy to his sacrifical offering....much like a snake that chooses to let the rat but scurry in his cage until he feels it time to quench his hunger....Botha does the same.

We are privey to a New Era, we have but one job to do correctly, much like an ant in the afterbirth before Botha we tremble.

We do not owe him fear......we owe him AWE!

BGv2.0 - PM me and I will meet you there! Depending on the schedule, I will obtain us direct access to the Buffalo and then we can sit back, and enjoy the massacre!
stateofthegame
Buffalo

I would definitely take you up on that offer to BG depending on when and where the fight would take place.

I am serious, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.