Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Darchinyan vs. Arce: World Jr. Bantamweight Title: RBR/Postfight
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
This thread is for all round by round commentary/post fight reactions to the Darchinyan-Arce World Jr. Bantamweight Championship Fight tonight. Keep all comments in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Mean Mister Mustard
Will Vic be too fast?
Spyder
Kid Diamond ends fight in the corner...DeMarco wins by TKO.
Spyder
Vic will be too strong. Arce won't be able to withstand the left hands.
Mean Mister Mustard
It's a brawl this round.
kidbazooka1
Good fight but I was actually expecting Vic to run all over Arce. Arce considering the way he's looked in recent fights looked alright and as for the the stoppage there was 1 rd left the Dr should have let it go on sh*t Vic's cut although not in the eyebrow was a bigger cut well atleast it looked that way online.

Overall good fight wanna see Vic fight Montiel or rematch Nonito but it was funny how bitch ass shaw said no way we won't fight him trying to use that disloyal excuse crap it think he knows Nonito would put it on his ass again.
D-MARV
You sound like you dont like Vic too much.

Vic Dominated and brutalized Arce.
BigG
Vic won but got marked up and rocked....I gave Arce about 3-4 rounds..Vic was going to win a decision but Arce could have maid it to the final bell for sure. I'm not sure why it was stopped..was it a cut?
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 7 2009, 11:24 PM) [snapback]424344[/snapback]
Vic won but got marked up and rocked....I gave Arce about 3-4 rounds..Vic was going to win a decision but Arce could have maid it to the final bell for sure. I'm not sure why it was stopped..was it a cut?

We saw a totally different fight. I gave every round to Vic. I wouldn't argue giving the 3rd to Arce but he only dominated 1 minute of that round where as Vic was in control the other 2 minutes
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 8 2009, 12:24 AM) [snapback]424343[/snapback]
You sound like you dont like Vic too much.

Vic Dominated and brutalized Arce.

Nope I don't.

And if he steps up to Marquez/Vasquez or Nonito he'll get KTFO again.
Rancer
Many talk as if arce is some old bum. Hes still a very good fighter. He was competitive but vic dominated and would have stopped him properly in rd 12 imo.
D-MARV
Darchinyan is a certified Gangsta!
BigG
Make that 2,3.

I thought Arce had a good round 3, 4 and round 1 couldve gone either way.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Rancer @ Feb 8 2009, 12:32 AM) [snapback]424347[/snapback]
Many talk as if arce is some old bum. Hes still a very good fighter. He was competitive but vic dominated and would have stopped him properly in rd 12 imo.

Arce has been looking like crap in his last few fights sh*t many thought he lost to that bum thai fighter acouple of fights ago. Despite Arce age he is not what he use to be.
BigG
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 8 2009, 04:34 AM) [snapback]424348[/snapback]
Darchinyan is a certified Gangsta!

Certified CRABSTYLE Gangsta
D-MARV
How anyone could say this was a competitive fight is beyond me.

I had a hard time giving Arce one round.
Snoop
This fight was not competitive. Vic beat him around in a sloppyass fight. Arce had his moments and took some great shots but it was in a losing effort.
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 7 2009, 11:36 PM) [snapback]424350[/snapback]
Make that 2,3.

I thought Arce had a good round 3, 4 and round 1 couldve gone either way.

No way Arce won the first round... They only way he won that round is if the judges were Canadian.
BigG
Dmarv, I thought it was close in rounds 1, 3, 4....I thought Arce gave as good as he got in those rounds.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea I only gave Arce the 3rd round, which was close. I thought Arce did alright in the 5th round as well though, when he stunned Darchinyan with a couple body shots and landed some other shots as well. Vic just did more in this fight though. He really landed some wicked left hands, that would have put most fighters down and out. Arce really showed some heart and toughness in there tonight. I'd still love to see the Donaire rematch, but I don't see it happening with Gary Shaw being all bitchy about it. However, dollars make sense and if it's a big enough fight dollars wise, Shaw will come around. Lets hope they make it.
Jack 1000
I only gave Arce the 3rd round. Total domination by Vic and I think a 10-8 round before the stoppage. This was a beating, plain and simple.

On the prelim I thought Kid Diamond was up by 2-3 points over Tony Demarco off of a slight edge in early rounds. But I also think Demarco earned a 10-8 round prior to the stoppage. Demarco came on strong and it showed.

Jack

PS. What did Shaw say why he didn't want to make the Donaire rematch?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Feb 8 2009, 02:54 AM) [snapback]424361[/snapback]
I only gave Arce the 3rd round. Total domination by Vic and I think a 10-8 round before the stoppage. This was a beating, plain and simple.

On the prelim I thought Kid Diamond was up by 2-3 points over Tony Demarco off of a slight edge in early rounds. But I also think Demarco earned a 10-8 round prior to the stoppage. Demarco came on strong and it showed.

Jack

PS. What did Shaw say why he didn't want to make the Donaire rematch?

Yup,I agree with you Jack..I only gave Arce one round and the rest besides maybe 2,he got handled..Arce proved he was a warrior tonight if anyone thought otherwise..
BigG
Kidbazooka is right, Arce has been on the decline, kind of. He got hit alot vs. that thia and got hurt bad vs. Rafael Concpetion, a guy who had like 14 fights under his belt. He actually gave Vic a tougher fight than I expected...Vic is not unbeatable like some of you people think he is.

Beating Arce at this point is good but Arce is easy pickings for the elite (Donaire, Darchinyan, Mijares, Montiel).

Arce is just not one of the guys you cant hate though. Love that guy. He took everything Vic had to offer and never was in danger and kept coming.

After seeing it again, I think rounds 3 was Arce's..round 1 & 4 could have gone either way..maybe round 1 slightly to Vic. But other than that it was a beating and Arce showed heart.

Vic also got hit though. He looked marked up.
Imperius3
I was surprised Diamond got beat like that. I'm still not sure if the doctor called it or if Diamond resigned. It was a close fight so I don't know what the deal was. I've never seen Diamond like that before.

I scored Darch-Arce 11-1 for Darch. Good scrap, I like the improvements Darch has made. Arce is a true warrior for lasting as long as he did.
torvix2000
Gary Shaw was in no hurry to pit Vic against Nonito, again. LOL!
Snoop
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Feb 8 2009, 09:45 AM) [snapback]424367[/snapback]
I was surprised Diamond got beat like that. I'm still not sure if the doctor called it or if Diamond resigned. It was a close fight so I don't know what the deal was. I've never seen Diamond like that before.

I scored Darch-Arce 11-1 for Darch. Good scrap, I like the improvements Darch has made. Arce is a true warrior for lasting as long as he did.

I'm pretty sure Diamond resigned. The doctor said he was good to go and Diamond waved it off.
torvix2000
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Feb 8 2009, 08:45 AM) [snapback]424367[/snapback]
Good scrap, I like the improvements Darch has made.

Do you buy Shaw's excuse: "Nonito is ungrateful, that's why he won't get another shot at Darchinyan!"?
D-MARV
I may need to watch this fight again. Vic dominated this fight in my view. Sure, Arce showed some heart hear and there but since when is showing heart enough to win rounds when you are getting pounded? Arce was hurt on a few occasions and I felt like Vic carried him a bit in those last few rounds. I thought he knocked Arce down in the 11th. If you go back and watch the replay, Vic landed a nice right hook high off Arce's head. Wasn't even close, I saw 'MAYBE" one round you could give to Arce but other than that Vic clearly won the other rounds.

Let's bring on Vic-Montiel
Big Slim Sweet
I thought Vic slaughtered him. It wasn't anywhere near close. Arce showed a lot of heart hanging in there and taking that kind of punishment for as long as he did.

I've grown to really like Vic. He's a bad little mofo. I hope he does the rematch with Donaire but Shaw is definitely vindictive like that. Still if Vic pushes for it enough I bet Shaw will give in. Shaw didn't want him fighting Mijares either.

Otherwise let's see him challenge Montiel.
hardhead
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Feb 8 2009, 12:17 PM) [snapback]424375[/snapback]
I'm pretty sure Diamond resigned. The doctor said he was good to go and Diamond waved it off.

That's what I thought, KD didn't want to continue.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Feb 8 2009, 09:07 AM) [snapback]424378[/snapback]
Do you buy Shaw's excuse: "Nonito is ungrateful, that's why he won't get another shot at Darchinyan!"?

I don't buy it Shaw knows that Nonito would put it on his ass again so he will avoid him at all cost.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 8 2009, 04:30 AM) [snapback]424345[/snapback]
We saw a totally different fight. I gave every round to Vic. I wouldn't argue giving the 3rd to Arce but he only dominated 1 minute of that round where as Vic was in control the other 2 minutes

You saw it the same way I did.

Vic really needed to go to the body I think & if he did he would have ended it within 6.

For the record Arce is a lil bitch the way he carried on & was a disgrace to Mexico & the chicano warrior spirit.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 8 2009, 04:35 AM) [snapback]424349[/snapback]
I'm annoyed because I put some small money on Vic TKO12, though I won a little bit as I laid some money for it to also got 8.5+ rounds.

Depending on where you bet the fight is ruled as a TKO 12 due to the fact that the 11th round had been completed. You should have won that TKO12 bet so check your tickets.
Lil-lightsout
I gave Arce 2 rounds, not that it matters. But I thought he had Vic pretty buzzed in the 3rd round(i think that was the round). I definately think eventually Vic will get KO'd again in the future, especially if he moves up in weight. He does a nice job in there, but he leaves himself wide open alot with his big swings. He really reminded me of Naz last night. How many fighters today throw as many uppercuts as this guy? Definately makes exciting fights, and cool he is looking to fight the best.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 8 2009, 09:57 PM) [snapback]424412[/snapback]
You can also read write through biggeorge and kidbazooka, they aren't happy about Vic doing this laugh.gif

Oh hell yeah. I do expect Vic to end up on G's favourite fighters list.

I like Vic because he does not take on bums he seeks the best & beats the best. very rare in a fighter today.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 8 2009, 05:57 PM) [snapback]424412[/snapback]
You can also read write through biggeorge and kidbazooka, they aren't happy about Vic doing this laugh.gif

Who said im not a fan of Vic.

Hell no i don't like that muthaf*cker thats why i hope Shaws fat ass does decide to put Vic in with Marquez or Vasquez so he get the proper ass whooping he deserves. laugh.gif
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 8 2009, 07:06 PM) [snapback]424424[/snapback]
Yep, Vic needs to go up 2 divisions to get punished the way he punishes others. Vic is pretty badass.

You know what I take that back no need to move up to 122lb Montiel would actually do the job just fine in my opinion.
The CEO
Well....my boy was off last night, but he still whooped some ass.....he let his anger and his hunger for the KO get the best of him....he needs to stay 100% focused like he was against Mijares....

Arce was initially very nervous, yet he overcame that and left a good account of himself iMo (even though he was very wild, and the scores were lopsided)....he's as game and tough as they come....I didn't like his excuses at the post fight interview though....

On a side note...if anybody has Hatton ahead of Darchinyan on a P4P list (i.e. Ring Magazine), they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground...
BigG
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 8 2009, 11:04 PM) [snapback]424423[/snapback]
Who said im not a fan of Vic.

Hell no i don't like that muthaf*cker thats why i hope Shaws fat ass does decide to put Vic in with Marquez or Vasquez so he get the proper ass whooping he deserves. laugh.gif

Hell yeah, I hate Vic. I think he's one of the best P4P fighters but he's not a guy I root for. But Fitz, I kinda sense the same with you whenever Pac wins....haha.gif
D-MARV
What is there to hate about Vic. He seems like the only one in Boxing that is unifying the belts, not avoiding anyone, and Knocking Fools the hell out!
Imperius3
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Feb 8 2009, 07:07 AM) [snapback]424378[/snapback]

Hell no! I want to see a rematch right now!
Imperius3
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Feb 8 2009, 06:17 AM) [snapback]424375[/snapback]

That seems out of character for him. His nose was busted up bad though, maybe it was like Vazquez-Marquez I where Vazquez's nose was so fucked he couldn't breathe out of it.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 8 2009, 07:30 PM) [snapback]424427[/snapback]
Do you think he would just beat Vic, or give him an actual ass whooping that he deserves?

Would he give him a beating the way Marquez and Vasquez would no I don't think so but I think he would take a comfortable UD or possibly stop Vic late in the fight. Montiel is a boxer/puncher kinda like Nonito but with a little more pop.
AussieLad
I think vic will hold his own against vasquez, maybe losing by decision or getting stopped late, but in no way dominated.

One of these days i'll get off my lazy ass and do a torrent for the sparring video i have of vic vs vasquez. Both guys going hard, this is before the nonito loss when vic was still alot more reckless than he is now. A spirited session that gets a bit nasty with vasquez trying to push vic through the ropes and (from memory, i'll have to rewatch to double check because its been a fair while) hitting him while vic was caught in between the ropes. Vic gave as good as he got, but as people will say sparring and fighting are two different things
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.