Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mundine vs Shannon Taylor
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
AussieLad
First 6 rounds were fairly uneventful with mundine outboxing shannon, then taylor got frustrated. Landed a fair few low blows, dropped mundine to his knees. Headbutted mundine a couple of times, not bad butts, but head butts none the less. Nice blatant chopping shots to the back of mundines head. Supposedly he kneed mundine at one point but the camera angle was poor and i couldnt really see it. And the grand finale in the 12th, final seconds of the match, he tackles mundine and punches him in the back of the head twice... LOL

I think i will buy taylor a few beers if i ever see him in person... thanks mate

Incompetent refereeing. At one point the ref directs both fighters to nuetral corners as if he is going to deduct a point from taylor, then the bell rings and he goes "oh well, round over" and doesnt deduct a point... LOL

And the interviews afterwoods, taylor has a rant about caradonna stealing his house and how he is going to buy his daughter a new one now with the money from this fight and paint her room pink... taylor really isnt too bright, but i thank him for punching mundine repeatedly in the nuts and for doing a maussa and punching mundine in the head while he was on the canvas...

Australia is in your debt drinks.gif
STEVENSKI
Taylor is a loser. His sister is pretty hot for a stripper who does doubles dildo shows though.

AussieLad
Would anyone really wanna dip their dick into that gene pool?
Boozer
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 11 2009, 07:22 PM) [snapback]424747[/snapback]
Taylor is a loser. His sister is pretty hot for a stripper who does doubles dildo shows though.

If Mundine didn’t repeatedly put his head down or turn his back then he wouldn’t get hit in the back of the head. Taylor never kneed him and Mundine was warned for elbowing and low blows as well. What a nancy boy!
AussieLad
QUOTE(Boozer @ Feb 12 2009, 01:03 AM) [snapback]424758[/snapback]
If Mundine didn’t repeatedly put his head down or turn his back then he wouldn’t get hit in the back of the head. Taylor never kneed him and Mundine was warned for elbowing and low blows as well. What a nancy boy!

I couldnt see the knee, but the commentators were dribbling on about him getting knee'd in the later rounds. And yep, mundine landed a ball shot of his own, and definitely turned his head away from a few shots. But taylor loaded up a fair few rabbit punches all on his own, and there was one point were mundine was leaning right over and taylor went for the chop shot, and it was blatant.

Forgot to mention the other pearl from the night, where taylor had mundine in the head lock and was repeatedly punching him in the head like he'd just squeezed his girlfriends ass at the pub

If mundine thinks this will prepare him for sturm he is sadly mistaken. I just hope he gets in with abraham or pavlik at some point and gets KTFO
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Boozer @ Feb 12 2009, 01:03 AM) [snapback]424758[/snapback]

Won't find any disagreement from me on that. Mundine is a cat & a complete fraud. A sham perpetrated on the gullible public.

His only record will be fighter to have the most PPV fights in history.
BigG
Congratulations Mundine on one of your greatest victories over the legendary Shannon Taylor.
King Eugene
The Great Mundine strikes again!
Boozer
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 11 2009, 08:52 PM) [snapback]424769[/snapback]
Won't find any disagreement from me on that. Mundine is a cat & a complete fraud. A sham perpetrated on the gullible public.

His other record will be the fighter to win the most world titles in the most weight divisions against fighters who never held world titles in the first place and are usually also has beens and stepping up a weight or two. How has boxing allowed this to go on. I say the whole boxing world is a sham! And Mundine is not only not a good fighter but not good at life in general. His only skill is his terrible Ali impersonations.
Rancer
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 11 2009, 08:52 PM) [snapback]424769[/snapback]

used to like mundine but he became a joke to me after he fought soloman for the 3rd time after blowing him out in the second match. Now the waste of time with a shot taylor who the fight before this almost got beat by a no name and was trying to quit in his corner until they talked him into fighting on. And now green again? Hes clearly just after easy money, no longer interested in being a legit world beater.

The best part of this affair was yesterday when taylor was on tv crying about green trying to steal his lime light the day before his big moment. He was flapping spewing.

The fact mundine couldnt even stop this version of taylor surprised me and shows he past it as well. Taylors been been struggling with regional bums for years now even his own weight division!

Mundine had the talent but not the heart. He has much more talent and skill than Pavlik for example, but lacks the fighter mentality.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 11 2009, 09:51 PM) [snapback]424781[/snapback]
Agreed, people may remember but I defended him and some may have thought I was a Mundine nuthugger, but I'm over him and it was the 3rd fight with Soliman that really turned me off.

Fitzy you really just made yourself sound like an ex-girlfriend here. laugh.gif

...but we all know better.
Spyder
It's pretty sad when the best Aussie fighter since Jeff Fenech is hated by his countrymen.

Poor Abo chap.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 11 2009, 11:23 PM) [snapback]424786[/snapback]
Fitzy you really just made yourself sound like an ex-girlfriend here. laugh.gif

...but we all know better.

Or maybe not..
AussieLad
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 12 2009, 02:53 AM) [snapback]424782[/snapback]
Also, how little I care for Mundines fights now? My brother invited me yesterday to a friends house to watch the fight, I preferred to go to bed and wake up fresh for work. I haven't watched a Mundine fight since his second fight with Soliman.

I actually had no intention of watching the fight, and when my wife pointed out they were talking about boxing on the news i said dont worry about it because its just a mundine fight. Then i was reading on the tszyu forum about the head butts and ball shots, and the punching him in the head while he was down and i thought to myself shit yeah this will be good for a laugh.

What i did notice is that mundine hasnt got any power at middle. He still has his speed, but he cant land a clean shot on the jaw anymore, and what punches he did land didnt really bother taylor except for one that wobbled him. Taylor is a blown up over the hill "never was", and mundine couldnt stop him.

Hopkins has been saying they plan on bringing him up slowly to expose him to the american public, then he will explode on the scene. How fucking stupid is that. Mundines 33 or 34, and has been on the decline for the last couple of years. Bringing him up slowly... for fucks sake... its cash in all the chips time for a money fight
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 12 2009, 02:39 AM) [snapback]424778[/snapback]
Fuck Mundine, but apparently he is with Golden Boy now.

Bernard Hopkins said some big things about Mundine and said that he is going to be a world champion and he is special.

Hopkins must have taken more shots than I realised or he is a complete fuckin idiot.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 12 2009, 03:50 AM) [snapback]424806[/snapback]
The best since Jeff Fenech? Tszyu and Darchinyan are better than Mundine.

I would also put down guys like Peden & Briggs as well.
Spyder
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 11 2009, 10:50 PM) [snapback]424806[/snapback]
The best since Jeff Fenech? Tszyu and Darchinyan are better than Mundine.

Tszyu was really a Russian pretending to be Aussie, and Vic is Armenian. Even though both became citizens, Mundine is literally a son of Austrailia...like Fenech.

Jeff Fenech once said, "I thought that I was the greatest Aussie fighter, until I saw Anthony Mundine."
King Eugene
QUOTE(Spyder @ Feb 11 2009, 11:12 PM) [snapback]424818[/snapback]
Tszyu was really a Russian pretending to be Aussie, and Vic is Armenian. Even though both became citizens, Mundine is literally a son of Austrailia...like Fenech.

Jeff Fenech once said, "I thought that I was the greatest Aussie fighter, until I saw Anthony Mundine."

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I hope your kidding.
AussieLad
QUOTE(Spyder @ Feb 12 2009, 04:12 AM) [snapback]424818[/snapback]

He "thought" he was the best aussie born fighter.... but after seeing mundine he now "knows" he was the best aussie fighter
Spyder
Great fighters know greatness when they see it...Hopkins and Fenech both see it in Mundine.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 12 2009, 04:15 AM) [snapback]424819[/snapback]
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I hope your kidding.

He certainly is. Mundine is not a shadow of his father.
BigG
Fenech was a very good fighter and a POS as a trainer, I liked his 2nd fight Azumah Nelson where Zumah knocked him silly.

Fenech is such a joke for calling out Azumah at what age fucking 50 and winning an MD LMAO.
Spyder
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 11 2009, 11:29 PM) [snapback]424824[/snapback]
He certainly is. Mundine is not a shadow of his father.

How many Deadlys Awards did his father win?

Anthony already has three to his name...his legend is nearing Tim Tebow status.
Spyder
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 11 2009, 11:39 PM) [snapback]424830[/snapback]
Australian citizens. Unless you want to claim all your black fighters as africans, laugh.gif.

Jeff Fenech is Maltese or something, but yeah we have citizens here and if they are Australian citizen, they are Australian, after all that's what citizenship does.

We don't claim Sam Peter, or any of the Cubans that defected...or the immigrated Mexicans, legal or not. Not Oleg Maskaev, or Andrew Golota...there have been plenty of fighters that come to the land of Champions that we don't claim.

But Anthony Mundine is pure Aussie...he's got the reflexes of a kangaroo, and the deadly stare of a koala bear. He's something that all Aussies can be proud of.
King Eugene
I'll claim Aerrola before I claim Mundine!
Brad
I knew Taylor was going to get dirty so I put a bet on for him to be DQ'd, my $10 investment would have returned $260. Haven't seen the fight, like others I stopped watching Mundine after Solimon 3 was announced. But sounds like that referee being a sissy afraid to take control lost me some money, damn.

Hopkins said they are going to bring Mundine along slowly. I wonder who they could match him up with, he must have fought all the Argentinian and Thailand fighters that Australia imports in as fodder. Mundine has been moved very slow since that guy with 5 ko's left him stretched out in need of medical attention.

The Danny Green supporters have come out of hiding again and i'm starting to think it will be nice to see Mundine fight Green again even if it is just to shut them deluded people up.
Spyder
All three of them live in the US, but we don't just give out citizenships like they're subway tokens. That shit takes years, and you have to pass tests and shit.

I bet the Klits will become citizens though. They have that Arnold Schwarzenegger quality to them.
Brad
QUOTE(Spyder @ Feb 12 2009, 01:51 PM) [snapback]424834[/snapback]
We don't claim Sam Peter, or any of the Cubans that defected...or the immigrated Mexicans, legal or not. Not Oleg Maskaev, or Andrew Golota...there have been plenty of fighters that come to the land of Champions that we don't claim.
But Anthony Mundine is pure Aussie...he's got the reflexes of a kangaroo, and the deadly stare of a koala bear. He's something that all Aussies can be proud of.

Where does this leave Oscar DelaHoya? Isn't he Mexican blooded but born in America? The Mexicans don't seem to want him....
King Eugene
QUOTE(Spyder @ Feb 12 2009, 12:08 AM) [snapback]424838[/snapback]
All three of them live in the US, but we don't just give out citizenships like they're subway tokens. That shit takes years, and you have to pass tests and shit.

I bet the Klits will become citizens though. They have that Arnold Schwarzenegger quality to them.

I have a Columbian friend who's been here eight years and he just got his citizenship. He had to take like a hundred question test with a bunch of bullshit questions. He use to walk around with his index cards full of notes all the damn time. This dude had to remember every single president. LOL
Fitz
QUOTE(Spyder @ Feb 12 2009, 04:08 PM) [snapback]424838[/snapback]

We don't just give them out either and they take years and require tests. So you have you haven't got the correct information. Who cares whether the Klitschko's live there. Kostya has lived here for years, he went through the correct methods to become an Australian and it would be an insult to tell him he still isn't an Aussie.
But yeah, back to the earlier point, yes I think Tszyu and Darchinyan are better than Mundine. But yeah, Mundine is certainly hated.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Brad @ Feb 12 2009, 12:12 AM) [snapback]424839[/snapback]

Where does this leave Oscar DelaHoya? Isn't he Mexican blooded but born in America? The Mexicans don't seem to want him....

LMAO and 80% of the Americans dont either. I only think Californians claim DLH.
Fitz
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 12 2009, 04:15 PM) [snapback]424840[/snapback]
I have a Columbian friend who's been here eight years and he just got his citizenship. He had to take like a hundred question test with a bunch of bullshit questions. He use to walk around with his index cards full of notes all the damn time. This dude had to remember every single president. LOL

Citizen tests are the same here, a lot of history involved and isn't easy. I'm not sure where Spyder got his information from regarding Australia.
Brad
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 12 2009, 02:15 PM) [snapback]424840[/snapback]

my brother has been in America for 9 months, he married a mexican who has American citizenship and they gave him citizenship, I think he missed out on the subway pass though, I wonder if he can still get that too???
Fitz
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 12 2009, 04:17 PM) [snapback]424842[/snapback]
LMAO and 80% of the Americans dont either. I only think Californians claim DLH.

That's strange. So where does all the numbers and money from PPV's come from? He is the most paid boxers with highest PPV sales in history and an American gold medallist. Are you sure that 80% of the American's don't want him either? Your figure doesn't add up with the numbers he has produced, lol.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 12 2009, 05:16 AM) [snapback]424841[/snapback]
But yeah, Mundine is certainly hated.

Yeah I wish he was dead. Him Roy & Floyd all in a plane like Buddy Holly, Big Bopper & Ritchie Valens.

QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 12 2009, 05:18 AM) [snapback]424843[/snapback]
Citizen tests are the same here, a lot of history involved and isn't easy. I'm not sure where Spyder got his information from regarding Australia.

Yeah you have to answer questions on sport like

Q: Who is teh greatest Australian who ever lived?
A: Sir Donald Bradman
King Eugene
QUOTE(Brad @ Feb 12 2009, 12:19 AM) [snapback]424844[/snapback]
my brother has been in America for 9 months, he married a mexican who has American citizenship and they gave him citizenship, I think he missed out on the subway pass though, I wonder if he can still get that too???

Yea thats the other way I've heard of. The Columbian guy is married to a hispanic woman I believe. I never bother to ask but at the same time I dont want to make it seem like I think they all look a like either so I just stay away from that subject when we speak on the situation. LOL
Brad
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 12 2009, 02:18 PM) [snapback]424843[/snapback]

sure the tests aren't easy, but the hard part is when they make you have a running race with an emu, boxing match with a kangaroo and wrestling match with a crocodile. This is a tough mans country and we only import the best to be initiated.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 12 2009, 12:20 AM) [snapback]424845[/snapback]
That's strange. So where does all the numbers and money from PPV's come from? He is the most paid boxers with highest PPV sales in history and an American gold medallist. Are you sure that 80% of the American's don't want him either? Your figure doesn't add up with the numbers he has produced, lol.

WHOA be easy. It was just a joke man. But to tell you the truth the only fans I know of his are women. I think most of his PPV numbers come from fans who actually want to see him lose.
Fitz
QUOTE(Brad @ Feb 12 2009, 04:24 PM) [snapback]424848[/snapback]
sure the tests aren't easy, but the hard part is when they make you have a running race with an emu, boxing match with a kangaroo and wrestling match with a crocodile. This is a tough mans country and we only import the best to be initiated.

The funny thing is, Americans are going to read this post and think nothing of it, and next time they meet an Aussie will ask them about this. You have no idea, my brother has told me some hilarious things that were asked about Australia when he was over there, lol.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Brad @ Feb 12 2009, 12:24 AM) [snapback]424848[/snapback]

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
The Crocodile Hunter haven't taught yall anything? Yall better leave them damn wild life animals alone.
Fitz
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 12 2009, 04:25 PM) [snapback]424849[/snapback]
WHOA be easy. It was just a joke man. But to tell you the truth the only fans I know of his are women. I think most of his PPV numbers come from fans who actually want to see him lose.

Yes I thought it might, but thought I wuld put a serious response incase you weren't, lol.
Brad
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 12 2009, 02:25 PM) [snapback]424849[/snapback]

I do wonder how much of Oscars fans are boxing fans and how much are just Oscar fans. They reckon in Australia we have 500,000 people turn up to watch the Gay and Lesbian MardiGras, I guess the cross dresser types get a lot of support from within their community.
http://www.elsiglodetorreon.com.mx/media/i...7/09/27323.jpeg
AussieLad
Fucking history test to get citizenship. Pure crap. I bet if you asked high school grads the same questions 99% wouldnt pass the test. All that should matter is that your not a nutter and your making a genuine attempt to learn english. In fact i would prefer to see the wrestling a crocodile qualification replace the citizenship test... anyone who says "are you fucking crazy" to that requirment gets immediate entry, coz we dont want any dumb shits
Brad
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 12 2009, 02:26 PM) [snapback]424850[/snapback]
The funny thing is, Americans are going to read this post and think nothing of it, and next time they meet an Aussie will ask them about this. You have no idea, my brother has told me some hilarious things that were asked about Australia when he was over there, lol.

my brother has been warning them about our drop bears LOL
Spyder
Enough talk of history and tests...lol

Anthony Mundine is as superb an athlete as Austrailia has ever known and you guys hate him...you should really follow Fenech's lead here guys. He appreciates the greatness that will become Anthony Mundine.
King Eugene
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Feb 12 2009, 12:33 AM) [snapback]424856[/snapback]
Fucking history test to get citizenship. Pure crap. I bet if you asked high school grads the same questions 99% wouldnt pass the test. All that should matter is that your not a nutter and your making a genuine attempt to learn english. In fact i would prefer to see the wrestling a crocodile qualification replace the citizenship test... anyone who says "are you fucking crazy" to that requirment gets immediate entry, coz we dont want any dumb shits

LMAO

Do you guys have many hispanics and blacks down there?

Is Crocodile Dundee a legend down there? Whats his name....Paul Logan/Hogan or something like that right?
AussieLad
QUOTE(Brad @ Feb 12 2009, 05:34 AM) [snapback]424857[/snapback]
my brother has been warning them about our drop bears LOL

LOOOOOOOOOOL

I had a canadian exchange student shitting himself about drop bears before a bush walk field trip laugh.gif

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Drop_Bear

King Eugene
QUOTE(Spyder @ Feb 12 2009, 12:37 AM) [snapback]424858[/snapback]

Anthony Mundine is as superb an athlete as Austrailia has ever known and you guys hate him...you should really follow Fenech's lead here guys. He appreciates the greatness that will become Anthony Mundine.

I Agree and deep down the Aussies do too.
Brad
QUOTE(Spyder @ Feb 12 2009, 02:37 PM) [snapback]424858[/snapback]

I kind of have a love/hate thing happening with Mundine. Love his talent and the way he gets under peoples skin with his comments but I hate that he doesn't seem to be making the most of his talents. Prior to Mundine vs Green I was a Mundine fan all the way, being in Western Australia where there is so many deluded people who nuthugged the extremely limited Danny Green it was only natural to support Greens rival who was vastly more talanted. It helped that Mundine had the ability to reach great success, he was beating Sven Ottke handily before getting KO'd and that was something like his 11th fight against a guy who people were saying at the time was much better than Joe Calzaghe. Mundine is good, but frustration has taken over and he's only chance of getting support again is if he steps up the competition, i'd be happy if he gets Sturm
Brad
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 12 2009, 02:38 PM) [snapback]424859[/snapback]
LMAO

Do you guys have many hispanics and blacks down there?

Is Crocodile Dundee a legend down there? Whats his name....Paul Logan/Hogan or something like that right?

we are very multi-cultural but have very few hispanics.

Paul Hogan is a legend and a half! He helped build Sydney harbour Bridge
http://www.premiere.fr/var/premiere/storag...0_reference.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.