Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto/Pavlike on PPV, wheres the laugh track
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MarzB
I really have little interest in seeing Rubio and/or whatever the other guys name is? Jennings thats it, so I hadn't really followed whats going on with this fight. When I was doing some channel surfing now, I noticed an advertisement on my cable system to "BUY" this fight. (Shocked look). Are you serious??

Even better the price is $44.95. I didn't know Bob Arum moonlights as a comedian because he can't be serious can he? Nevermind the economic climate, nevermind that I hardly doubt boxing fans really care about these matchups.

I understand that he may not have gotten any interest from HBO or SHOWTIME but surely this would have been a very good option for Versus Network right? He's done business with them prior so I can't see this being a problem.

He (Arum) can't actually think he'll get atleast $100K in buys can he??

Maybe I'm putting this topic to gauge interest here. Does anyone outside of those that can write it off of next year's taxes plan on purchasing this fight??

My belief is there is minimal at best interest in seeing this, let alone ponying up nearly $50 for it.
Nay_Sayer
$44.95?!?

Get the fuck outta here....
King Eugene
Bullshit!

If someone gets a live stream of this PM me cause purchasing it is something I wont do.
kidbazooka1
This sh*t is a joke.
JonnyBlaze
These fights should be on ESPN or Versus,not PPV..The only way I'd pay for this is if it's 5 bucks and I'd still be salty that I had to pay at all..
Lil-lightsout
I am all PPV'd out. My next PPV purchase will be Pac-Hatton, and hopefully that's it for the year.
King Eugene
I'm just glad that Pwill and Winky are not on PPV.
Mean Mister Mustard
I agree. I know it's shitty that Arum had to put this on PPV but at least make it 20 bucks.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 11 2009, 11:50 PM) [snapback]424805[/snapback]
I'm just glad that Pwill and Winky are not on PPV.

Geez,if they were too boxing might as well make every fight PPV that has a noticable name to us(hardcore fans)..
Jack 1000
Arum could have done something decent for once and put this fight on Verses. This is bullshit as a PPV.

Jack
Spyder
He did the same shit with DLH...made every fight a PPV, which made Oscar's fights in demand.

Sucks for us that like to watch every fight, but Bob doesn't torget us...he targets the Puerto Ricans that only watch Cotto fight.
jMj
Stop being poor dont buy it then learn how to spell pavlik you're getting 6 fights that night why complain 2 before each main event so if you dont want to buy it cause your 5 dollar an hour job doesnt help you then dont. stop bitching
jMj
Puerto ricans only? stop being a homo racist with them ignorant ass comments you honky ur just cant afford it get a real job you hs dropout at mickey d's cause with that ignorant comment about only puerto ricans to see cotto ur a moron cotto has more than just a puerto rican fan base you fat loser
frankypc
jMj, why the "honky" mood. Im puerto rican, and i can accept that Aurm ITS targeting us puertorricans as the demopraphic for that fight. It makes complete sense. Even the puerto ricans that dont like cotto too much still want to watch him fight again even if its because they have the morbid curiosity of seeing if he can be beat again lol.

Also 44.95 its expensive for 2 comeback fights ( Cotto and Pavlik ). I dont care who the undercards are, im still going to buy it because well im a puerto rican and im a sucker for cotto fights even the crappy ones lol.

So chill out brother. With only four post and already calling people "honky homo racists" and "fat loser" thats a bad start.
MarzB
QUOTE(jMj @ Feb 12 2009, 11:04 AM) [snapback]424889[/snapback]
Stop being poor dont buy it then learn how to spell pavlik you're getting 6 fights that night why complain 2 before each main event so if you dont want to buy it cause your 5 dollar an hour job doesnt help you then dont. stop bitching

Dude relax it's called a "typo" that I was unable to correct/edit. That said considering "Pavlik" is NOT a common everyday word but a "proper name", it's not something used in daily communication.

As far as the type of employment I do for a living,lol. Ok you "Warren Buffet"(Buf-FAY,lol), part of maintaining a sustained financial position is WHAT you do with your money, not how much you earn. So since I make minimum wage (LOL) I'm choosing NOT to purchase this farce of a PPV.

Perhaps you're convincing yourself being one of Top Rank's underlings that this is actually a viable card but the NON disclosed PPV numbers next Wednesday will get you back to reality.
Spyder
Puerto ricans only? stop being a homo racist with them ignorant ass comments you honky ur just cant afford it get a real job you hs dropout at mickey d's cause with that ignorant comment about only puerto ricans to see cotto ur a moron cotto has more than just a puerto rican fan base you fat loser

laugh.gif

Too much fire too soon, Herb...you gotta ramp up to that. I ain't squealling though...nah mean? Now step off my clit! aikido.gif
EpTXCHAMP
simple solution dont buy this junk look for a live stream. if u support these over priced ppv's by arum he'll keep shoving latin fury cards with chavez jr vs a cab driver down ur throat! what is worse dont be surprised if later in the yr we see a latin fury card with margarito fighting in mexico in a highly anticipated rematch with golden johnson lol for 44.95 only on PPV
King Eugene
Hell I wont get to see this fight anyway. Its Valentines day and my woman will sit in the house and watch boxing anyday but this day. LOL Tell me how it goes.
Jack 1000
The PPV for this fight will be among the lowest ever. How can this be justified as such with today's economy?

Sidenote: User jmj has been issued a severe warning and told of the future consequences of those types of posts. He will be banned with any more racist comments like that.

Jack

Administrator
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 12 2009, 08:07 PM) [snapback]424922[/snapback]
Hell I wont get to see this fight anyway. Its Valentines day and my woman will sit in the house and watch boxing anyday but this day. LOL Tell me how it goes.

I asked my wife to go to a high school wrestling tournament on Saturday night(for the finals). Aren't I romantic? Figured maybe we could hit a Friendly's on the way home. She is one lucky lady.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Feb 12 2009, 08:27 PM) [snapback]424927[/snapback]
I asked my wife to go to a high school wrestling tournament on Saturday night(for the finals). Aren't I romantic? Figured maybe we could hit a Friendly's on the way home. She is one lucky lady.

LOL if she said yes than your a lucky man. I remember once my woman use to get mad when I wanted to watch football all day saturday and sunday. It got to the point where she tried to make me pick a day and she gets the other. So I chose saturdays so I could see my Canes. Now she knows all the fight schedules and the exact time the Canes play. LOL
JD
I am 50 / 50 on going or ordering it.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 12 2009, 08:33 PM) [snapback]424928[/snapback]
LOL if she said yes than your a lucky man. I remember once my woman use to get mad when I wanted to watch football all day saturday and sunday. It got to the point where she tried to make me pick a day and she gets the other. So I chose saturdays so I could see my Canes. Now she knows all the fight schedules and the exact time the Canes play. LOL

She still did not give me straight answer. I really want to go see this wrestling tourney, but I probably should just take her some where nice for her. Guess I will ask her what SHE wants to do Saturday?

So if you pick Saturdays, what kind of stuff does a Sunday entail you doing with your woman? Shopping for clothing and shoes? Seeing a play? Walk in the park? Watching chick flicks? Full body massages? dntknw.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Feb 12 2009, 09:09 PM) [snapback]424934[/snapback]
She still did not give me straight answer. I really want to go see this wrestling tourney, but I probably should just take her some where nice for her. Guess I will ask her what SHE wants to do Saturday?

So if you pick Saturdays, what kind of stuff does a Sunday entail you doing with your woman? Shopping for clothing and shoes? Seeing a play? Walk in the park? Watching chick flicks? Full body massages? dntknw.gif

Nope, cooking together, eating together, and the biggest one of them all.....GIVING HER THE REMOTE CONTROL when we watch TV. LMAO
Jack 1000
Most of us know about Rubio. But does anyone know anything about Jennings? He has to be such an unknown that Cotto might be something like a 10-1 favorite.

Jack
Thegreatequalizer
does anyone know of a good stream for this fight?
Yucayeke
I caved in and got it, damn boxing addiction!
WindyCityP
Cotto/Pavlik
hardhead
My goodness was that one of the worst pieces of shit cards in the last few years, Arum really outdid himself on this one. This only confirms my contribution to the Arum Hate Dump.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.