Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Margarito vs. Baldomir....possible?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=18391

Hmmmm this could be interesting. Not the actual match but all the politics around this match.
caneman
If Margarito fights in Mexico, he will NEVER FIGHT IN THE USA AGAIN! He needs to honor the ban & IF(big IF) the wraps come back clean, he can fight in a year. He probably needs some time off anyhow after the last two fights! Arum & Margarito better watch their asses here! He is only 30 so honor the ban & fight the good fight on another day!
Lil-lightsout
I can only imagine the blazing speed to be seen in this fight laugh.gif .
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Feb 13 2009, 10:05 PM) [snapback]425029[/snapback]

Like No Other laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Margarito will look like a prime Roy in this one. laugh.gif
MarzB
I hope the fight gets made, then we'll never have to hear from this overrated piece of shit again stateside.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Bob Arum is a fucktard.

Here was a guy who was knowingly (yeah Bob knowingly, and don't try and tell us otherwise we've all been around the block a few times) attempting to load his hands up for an advantage in which he could possibly end up killing a man and you want to stand by and defend him? Why, so you can add to your already millions?

Not to mention that this cunt also probably used the same method to majorly fuck up your premier star.

You sir are a total douchebag and if you make any kind of fight for this lowlife outside of the states then you are no better than the guys who tried pulling this stunt.

I really hope Cotto looks for other representation and walks away from Arum for good.

As for Margarito and Baldomir I hope they chuck in some razor blades or a gun for Baldy and he can go ahead and just finish the job for good.

King Eugene
Yea this is some full fledged BS. I hope Margarito gets knocked out in his next fight not cause I dont like Margarito but cause I dont like Arum anymore with the stunts he's pulling. Then he'll be short a cash cow and I hope Cotto signs to Square Ring (which I know wont happen) and never work with Arum again.
Jack 1000
Shit,

I would just bombard Top Rank's e-mail, snail mail, the Internet with as much negative PR as possible with Arum's protecting of Margarito like this. Not just e-mail, but as much bad press around the world if Bob pulls this shit! Honoring a revocation of license. This was a revocation. It's been called a suspension to make it easier for non-boxing media and people to understand. A suspension applies only in the state where the issue occurs. This was a revocation of license. Margarito is forbidden to box in any USA jurisdictions until allowed the opportunity to reapply for a license in one year.

The safety and following of the rules of boxing is more important than protecting your fucking cash cow little Bobby. I call Arum "little Bobby" because he is probably the biggest crybaby tantrum throwing promoter when things don't go his way.

Jack
lloyd mayflower
Even by boxing promoters loose moral code this is a fuckin disgrace. a clear statement that dollars are more important than sportsmanship, honesty, and the life of another sportsman, which would have been at risk if it wasnt for shane doin such a fine job of smashing margaritos face in. i hope more fighters have the balls to come out in the press and slaughter arum for this and make an example of him for bein a greedy selfish prick
BigG
This will be a close fight....both of these guys are the same type of fighter except Marg is taller. And I don't know how much the Cotto-Mosley fights took out of Marg.
rusty_trombone
Watching this fight will be like watching slow ass fight scene from the Matrix. Except Neo would whoop both these assholes .
Jack 1000
QUOTE(lloyd mayflower @ Feb 14 2009, 05:32 AM) [snapback]425080[/snapback]
Even by boxing promoters loose moral code this is a fucking disgrace. a clear statement that dollars are more important than sportsmanship, honesty, and the life of another sportsman, which would have been at risk if it wasn't for Shane doing such a fine job of smashing Margarito's face in. i hope more fighters have the balls to come out in the press and slaughter arum for this and make an example of him for being a greedy selfish prick

I have often categorized boxing's fan base/historians in these types of groups:

1.) Casual boxing fans: Who enjoy the sport, but won't bend over backwards to protect an overt wrong doing.

2.) Serious Boxing Fans: Enjoy the sport, may have some ability to use the Internet, their writing abilities to assist in policy making and fairness to the sort.

3.) Promoters: Most just care about the dollar signs spinning around in their heads, nothing more and nothing less

4.) Boxing Historians: Present a lot of facts and information about the sport, can help sometimes with policy making, but often aren't well rehearsed enough with current trends to make proper decisions.

5.) Hero-Worshipers: This is the sad part. I think that we are seeming in boxing (and many other sorts) Hero Worshipers. They are rabid fans but they don't care about the issues of fairness and integrity to our sport. Some may not have the knowledge to do so, they just want to root for their guy.

The Hero Worshiper defends the athlete no matter how right or wrong his actions are in the sport. Even if the fighter does something immoral or illegal, they don't care. Chavez for example could be convicted of killing two people outside of Mexico. Trinidad could go on a rampage and beat the shit out of of two guys, but the Hero Worshipers in Puerto Rico and Mexico would still either think he did nothing wrong, or use all the loopholes of a defense attorney to see that the accolades were given to the athlete even if he was convicted of bad shit in other parts of the world.

BOB ARUM AND JOSE SULAIMAN ARE COUNTING ON THE SMALL GROUP OF MARGARITO'S HERO WORSHIPERS IN MEXICO AND OTHER LATIN-AMERICAN COUNTRIES WHO DO NOT HAVE TO HONOR THE REVOCATION OF MARGARITO'S OR HIS TRAINER'S LICENSE. THIS IS FUCKING POLITICAL BULLSHIT!

Here are some examples showing the negative effects of Hero Worshiping to other boxers in their native countries by fans and commentators regardless of good, bad, or neutral outside the ring activities.

The fighter doesn't even have to do bad things, or criminal acts. He can be a good guy who is over-rated as a fighter, but there are certain venues that don't care. No matter how many times he got beat, Frank Bruno had hero worshippers in England, Rickey Hatton could do no wrong in Manchester. Tyson could do no wrong to the Showtime Commentary team, Pernell Whitaker, Zab Judah, and Ring Magazine could do no wrong for Max Kellerman. Ali and Leonard could do no wrong to Howard Cosell And Margarito because he represents Mexico and still will have a huge Hero Worship status to Bob Arum and the WBC because the WBC has shown a favorable advantage to Mexican fighters. Bob Arum plays off that Mexican-Latin-American fan base for most of his cards in the last 10 years.

The problem is that two many political structures in boxing are counting on Hero Worship fans to keep Margarito in boxing outside of the USA so that Arum can preserve his meal ticket. It's time for common sense to prevail over hero worshiping where the whole rest of the world (Margarito's remaining Hero Worshipers in Mexico not withstanding) to bash Margarito, his trainer, and all parties, especially Arum. There is safety in numbers and if the media throughout the world bashes Margarito fighting anywhere in the world until his year long revocation is up (at least) boxing will be better off in this regard.

If Bob Arum and Antonio Margarito succumb to Hero Worshipers instead of being real men and honoring the revocation, it could do irreparable harm to boxing.

Jack

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Feb 14 2009, 02:10 PM) [snapback]425107[/snapback]
I have often categorized boxing's fan base/historians in these types of groups:

1.) Casual boxing fans: Who enjoy the sport, but won't bend over backwards to protect an overt wrong doing.

2.) Serious Boxing Fans: Enjoy the sport, may have some ability to use the Internet, their writing abilities to assist in policy making and fairness to the sort.

3.) Promoters: Most just care about the dollar signs spinning around in their heads, nothing more and nothing less

4.) Boxing Historians: Present a lot of facts and information about the sport, can help sometimes with policy making, but often aren't well rehearsed enough with current trends to make proper decisions.

5.) Hero-Worshipers: This is the sad part. I think that we are seeming in boxing (and many other sorts) Hero Worshipers. They are rabid fans but they don't care about the issues of fairness and integrity to our sport. Some may not have the knowledge to do so, they just want to root for their guy.

The Hero Worshiper defends the athlete no matter how right or wrong his actions are in the sport. Even if the fighter does something immoral or illegal, they don't care. Chavez for example could be convicted of killing two people outside of Mexico. Trinidad could go on a rampage and beat the shit out of of two guys, but the Hero Worshipers in Puerto Rico and Mexico would still either think he did nothing wrong, or use all the loopholes of a defense attorney to see that the accolades were given to the athlete even if he was convicted of bad shit in other parts of the world.

BOB ARUM AND JOSE SULAIMAN ARE COUNTING ON THE SMALL GROUP OF MARGARITO'S HERO WORSHIPERS IN MEXICO AND OTHER LATIN-AMERICAN COUNTRIES WHO DO NOT HAVE TO HONOR THE REVOCATION OF MARGARITO'S OR HIS TRAINER'S LICENSE. THIS IS FUCKING POLITICAL BULLSHIT!

Here are some examples showing the negative effects of Hero Worshiping to other boxers in their native countries by fans and commentators regardless of good, bad, or neutral outside the ring activities.

The fighter doesn't even have to do bad things, or criminal acts. He can be a good guy who is over-rated as a fighter, but there are certain venues that don't care. No matter how many times he got beat, Frank Bruno had hero worshippers in England, Rickey Hatton could do no wrong in Manchester. Tyson could do no wrong to the Showtime Commentary team, Pernell Whitaker, Zab Judah, and Ring Magazine could do no wrong for Max Kellerman. Ali and Leonard could do no wrong to Howard Cosell And Margarito because he represents Mexico and still will have a huge Hero Worship status to Bob Arum and the WBC because the WBC has shown a favorable advantage to Mexican fighters. Bob Arum plays off that Mexican-Latin-American fan base for most of his cards in the last 10 years.

The problem is that two many political structures in boxing are counting on Hero Worship fans to keep Margarito in boxing outside of the USA so that Arum can preserve his meal ticket. It's time for common sense to prevail over hero worshiping where the whole rest of the world (Margarito's remaining Hero Worshipers in Mexico not withstanding) to bash Margarito, his trainer, and all parties, especially Arum. There is safety in numbers and if the media throughout the world bashes Margarito fighting anywhere in the world until his year long revocation is up (at least) boxing will be better off in this regard.

If Bob Arum and Antonio Margarito succumb to Hero Worshipers instead of being real men and honoring the revocation, it could do irreparable harm to boxing.

Jack

Jack, I don't want to correct you, but I believe the correct term(for the FH mesasge board) for "Hero Worshiper" is "Nuthugger". I will use it in a few sentences, so you understand what i mean.

kidbazooka1 is a Margarito "Nuthugger."
biggeorge is a Zab Judah "Nuthugger."

Kidbazooka1 forgot Margarito was a cheating loser, who got his ass whooped by Mosley because he was too busy "Nuthugging" Margarito.

If you would like to translate it into Spanish, I believe it is "abrazador de testiculos"
lloyd mayflower
arum may as well just come out and say to every fighter, including ones on his own books ie miguel cotto, i dont give a fuck about you, i dont give a fuck about your health and wellbeing, and i dont care about the sport because there are $$$'s to be made. him allowing marg to just hop the border and act like nothing happened is a disgrace. hes probably telling him to be more careful next time he cheats

I also cant help but wonder what the WBC are thinking about if they sanction this fight??? Are they saying that cheating is ok and we'll accommodate you should you be caught?
KookedKrack
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Feb 14 2009, 02:33 PM) [snapback]425110[/snapback]
If you would like to translate it into Spanish, I believe it is "abrazador de testiculos"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

oh shit lmao
thehype
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Feb 14 2009, 02:33 PM) [snapback]425110[/snapback]
Jack, I don't want to correct you, but I believe the correct term(for the FH mesasge board) for "Hero Worshiper" is "Nuthugger". I will use it in a few sentences, so you understand what i mean.

kidbazooka1 is a Margarito "Nuthugger."
biggeorge is a Zab Judah "Nuthugger."

Kidbazooka1 forgot Margarito was a cheating loser, who got his ass whooped by Mosley because he was too busy "Nuthugging" Margarito.

laugh.gif

LMAO
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(caneman @ Feb 13 2009, 10:51 PM) [snapback]425026[/snapback]
If Margarito fights in Mexico, he will NEVER FIGHT IN THE USA AGAIN! He needs to honor the ban & IF(big IF) the wraps come back clean, he can fight in a year. He probably needs some time off anyhow after the last two fights! Arum & Margarito better watch their asses here! He is only 30 so honor the ban & fight the good fight on another day!

Agreed. Margarito should feel LUCKY he only got what he got and has the chance to return in a year. He better stay the fuck out of the spotlight and just try to get reinstated as quietly as possible in 2010.

Arum's pissed cause he really wanted to do the Cotto rematch at MSG the weekend of the PR parade. I'm thinking Collazo's going to get the call for that one now.

QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Feb 13 2009, 11:05 PM) [snapback]425029[/snapback]

It would look like two guys fighting under water.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 14 2009, 05:57 PM) [snapback]425130[/snapback]
It would look like two guys fighting under water.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
LMAO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.