Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old Michael Jordan Gatorade Commercials
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
BigG

Snoop
Is it just me or does it look like Mike is slapping that kid's ass from 0:15-0:18 in the first vid? LOL
Spyder
Mike was definitely getting a little handsy with that kid...we all know about gambling, but maybe that was his secret addiction. Like the other famous MJ...
King Eugene
Man this took me back. I remember I wanted to be just like Mike back in the day. As far as on the court. I rocked 23, bald head, and every time I drove to the hole I had my tongue out. LOL Those where the days.

On another note I remember when you use to could buy one of those 32 oz. glass gatorades and an oatmeal cake for $1.05, now its like $3. laugh.gif
BigG
Who didn't want to be like Mike as a kid? The 90's were the best era in NBA...Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Charles Barkley, prime Shaq, Hakeem the Dream...etc..Lebron and Kobe ain't no MJ! Were never going to get another MJ again. I even loved his comeback with the Wizards...a SHOT MJ was still averaging over 20 per game lol.
King Eugene
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 19 2009, 01:30 AM) [snapback]425754[/snapback]
Who didn't want to be like Mike as a kid? The 90's were the best era in NBA...Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Charles Barkley, prime Shaq, Hakeem the Dream...etc..Lebron and Kobe ain't no MJ! Were never going to get another MJ again. I even loved his comeback with the Wizards...a SHOT MJ was still averaging over 20 per game lol.

Jordan is THE all time best! I like Kobe but Kobe aint no Jordan!
JonnyBlaze
Yep,there is never going to be another Jordan and it gives me great pride to say that since he represented the Chi!!!Don't be too jealous now and if you think you aren't jealous then by the words of Roy Jones(also 3King3 now too)----"YA'LL MUSTA FORGOT!!!!"

CHI-TOWN,ya suckers!!! fuck.gif

bb2.gif
Snoop
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 19 2009, 07:30 AM) [snapback]425754[/snapback]

Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp were the team! Well until Kemp had that cocaine problem. Then it kinda went downhill.

I still remember how the Rockets came back from 3-0 in the finals to beat the Magic. I was fucking pissed cuz I was a Hardaway fan. What ever happened to him?

But if you wanna talk teams, my favorite was always Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson and Mugsy Bogues followed by MJ, Pippen and Rodman.
King Eugene
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Feb 19 2009, 08:24 PM) [snapback]425846[/snapback]
Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp were the team! Well until Kemp had that cocaine problem. Then it kinda went downhill.

I still remember how the Rockets came back from 3-0 in the finals to beat the Magic. I was fucking pissed cuz I was a Hardaway fan. What ever happened to him?

But if you wanna talk teams, my favorite was always Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson and Mugsy Bogues followed by MJ, Pippen and Rodman.

Something to think about though. Jordan made everybody around him better. Thats one of the things that makes him stand out so much as the best ever. Look what Pippen, Grant, Rodman, Kerr, and BJ Armstrong all did when they didnt play with Jordan. SHIT!!!

Am I the only one that remember sorry ass Randy Brown? For some reason I hated when that son of a gun stepped on a court.

I'm a tell you whats real funny though, why is Elo from the Cavaliers in just about every single one of Jordans Highlights? He use to tear Elo ass out the frame. LOL
Snoop
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 19 2009, 07:30 AM) [snapback]425754[/snapback]
Lebron and Kobe ain't no MJ!

That's cuz Kobe and Lebron aren't team players. They only know how to look good by themselves. Well, Lebron may have some potential, but Kobe? Forget about it.
BigG
Penny Hardaway was such a great talent I think injuries kept him in the sideline for a big portion of his career.

Mitch Richmond and Tim Hardaway was another great duo.

And Jordan never had a dominant ATG big man like Kobe did and he won 6 rings. Although he always did have a pretty good line up. Early 90's he had Horace Grant, Pippen, etc

Am I the only one that remember sorry ass Randy Brown? For some reason I hated when that son of a gun stepped on a court.

OMG Randy Brown..LMAO...I remember that dude ALWAYS had the shittiest stats on those early NBA Live games...laugh.gif
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 20 2009, 05:57 PM) [snapback]425881[/snapback]
And Jordan never had a dominant ATG big man like Kobe did and he won 6 rings. Although he always did have a pretty good line up. Early 90's he had Horace Grant, Pippen, etc
OMG Randy Brown..LMAO...I remember that dude ALWAYS had the shittiest stats on those early NBA Live games...laugh.gif

I don't follow basketball anymore, but I bet and from what I know, even then Kobe was the #2 man to Shaq.
BigG
Kobe was to Shaq what Pippen was to Jordan.

Kobe is a scoring machine and is probably the greatest pure scorer in history....but like the others said..he didn't really make his team better like MJ did.

Jordan from 84-98 is the greatest player in history.
King Eugene
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 20 2009, 03:02 AM) [snapback]425887[/snapback]
Kobe was to Shaq what Pippen was to Jordan.

Kobe is a scoring machine and is probably the greatest pure scorer in history....but like the others said..he didn't really make his team better like MJ did.

Jordan from 84-98 is the greatest player in history.

The Greatest!

I hate when people say "well Bill Russel had 9 Championships and Jordan only had 6". I reply "you dumb S.O.B. Bill Russel didnt play against the same type of opposition Jordan did either did he?" I take nothing away from good ol Mr. Russell but he wouldn't have done that in the 90's. Jordan played against Bird, Magic, Barkley, a Prime Malone, Stockton, and Hornacek. Please dont forget a bout good ol Jeff H. LOL. He played against Kemp, Payton, Tim and Penny Hardaway, Hakeem the Dream, Clyde the Glyde, Kevin Johnson, Patrick Ewing, Johns Stockton, Reggie Miller and the list goes on. And he still dominated in his era. He was a fucking beast!
Snoop
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 20 2009, 07:57 AM) [snapback]425881[/snapback]
And Jordan never had a dominant ATG big man like Kobe did

What are you talking about? He had...what's his name? Luke Longley I think it was. laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Feb 20 2009, 03:27 AM) [snapback]425892[/snapback]
What are you talking about? He had...what's his name? Luke Longley I think it was. laugh.gif

Luc Longley and Bill Cartwright with his ugly ass jumper. And please dont forget about the legendary Will Purdue! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
BigG
I hate when people say "well Bill Russel had 9 Championships and Jordan only had 6". I reply "you dumb S.O.B. Bill Russel didnt play against the same type of opposition Jordan did either did he?" I take nothing away from good ol Mr. Russell but he wouldn't have done that in the 90's. Jordan played against Bird, Magic, Barkley, a Prime Malone, Stockton, and Hornacek. Please dont forget a bout good ol Jeff H. LOL. He played against Kemp, Payton, Tim and Penny Hardaway, Hakeem the Dream, Clyde the Glyde, Kevin Johnson, Patrick Ewing, Johns Stockton, Reggie Miller and the list goes on. And he still dominated in his era. He was a fucking beast!

LOL! Don't forget Charles Barkley, Kevin Johnson and the Suns.

laugh.gif What about Bill Weddington? Was that his name? He was bench for Jordan's later years with the Bulls.
Spyder
Why the hate towards Randy Brown? He didn't give a shit about scoring, only defense. That guy was pure hustle!
King Eugene
QUOTE(Spyder @ Feb 20 2009, 08:10 AM) [snapback]425916[/snapback]
Why the hate towards Randy Brown? He didn't give a shit about scoring, only defense. That guy was pure hustle!

Yea but he use to foul all of the damn time. I wouldn't have traded him though cause he was a straight role player and thats what we needed. But you know how it is when you just hate a guy for just being himself. Him and all his damn complaining he use to do. LOL I hate that dude.
BigG
Randy Brown did apply some tight defensive pressure...and was a good stealer too....hmm...reminds me a bit of Bruce Bowen...without the 3's...lol
Spyder
I don't know...I always liked when they brought him out. He never stopped running when he got playing time...like one of those jack russell terriers.

Didn't he try to steal the game ball from Jordan after they won the championship? I remember Jordan laying on the court holding the ball, crying about his daddy, and Randy Brown tried to strip the ball from him. I guess that was kind of a dick move. laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE(Spyder @ Feb 20 2009, 02:39 PM) [snapback]425941[/snapback]
I don't know...I always liked when they brought him out. He never stopped running when he got playing time...like one of those jack russell terriers.

Didn't he try to steal the game ball from Jordan after they won the championship? I remember Jordan laying on the court holding the ball, crying about his daddy, and Randy Brown tried to strip the ball from him. I guess that was kind of a dick move. laugh.gif

Shit like that makes you not liked. LOL How the hell you going to try to take the ball from Jordan out of all people. LOL Hell if it wasn't for him nobody would know you.
Spyder
I vividly remember the scene...Jordan was laying on the court crying, "It's my dad! It's my dad!"

I always wondered if MJ actually thought that the ball was his dad. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.