Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Campbell vs. Funeka/Martinez v.s Cintron and More!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Jack 1000
Post all the round-by-round action and post fight reactions to the big HBO Tripleheader tonight here.

Jack

Administrator
Imperius3
I've never seen Funeka or Martinez fight before so I can't really make any picks here.

I know Funeka is a big lightweight who knocked out Raheem. I remember Hlatshwayo being bigger and stronger than Nate, and Nate ended up losing a close decision. Nate better be on his game tonight...

I know Martinez is a pretty good boxer from what I've seen on youtube. Like Cintron, the only fighter he ever lost to is Margarito. We don't know how far back Margarito's illegal hand wrapping goes though. With this match, all I can say is we will see a classic match between a powerful boxer and a skillful boxer.

It should be a memorable night of fights tonight!
JLUVBABY
i wont be surprised to see funeka pull this out tonight... the tone is set...
JLUVBABY
martinez vs. centron should be a good one hard to call it...
JD
kidbazooka1
Martinez looked even more impressive in stopping Bunema.
Mean Mister Mustard
So far Cintron has only looked bad against pressure fighters so it will be interesting to see if Martinez can outbox him. One thing is for sure, Martinez better be able to make Cintron miss if he is going to keep his hands at his waist. Otherwise he might have to fight on the inside.

Campbell-Funeka is the fight I'm most interested in.
BigG
Angulo is proving to be too much for Rivera after 3 rounds.
Romulus9
Oh Lord...

Tom Kaczmarek is a judge for the Cintron-Martinez fight. I hope it doesn't go the distance.
JLUVBABY
cintron and martinez styles dont match up well at all... i'm still thinking funeka is gonna suprise campbell.. maybe not beat him but make it close...
Snoop
Normally when someone hands their hands down during a fight, it doesn't annoy me. This time it is. I'm not really sure why.
Romulus9
LOL! Lederman sounds pissed. I love it.
JLUVBABY
i am somewhat surprised that cintron is fighting this kind of fight... he's not letting his hands go...
JLUVBABY
come on even if it was a headbutt cintron should have known to get up... i dont think it was a headbutt...
Snoop
Cintron is a dumbass.
Snoop
The ref is a dumbass too.
JLUVBABY
thats messed up cintron got up at 10 no matter how much anyone wants to see the fight continue.... unfair rest for cintron... this ref. stinks...
Snoop
We can add that the commentators are dumbasses too. Minus Lederman in this case.
Box in Hand
Is Martinez trying to imitate Calzaghe with his hands so low? I mean gimme a break dude, fight!
BigG
Martinez is on his way to winning a decision..
Snoop
Was it just me or did the ref say, "It's over" in that replay?
Romulus9
Personally, I think the 11th round should be a 5 minute round.

You know, just for kicks.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Feb 14 2009, 10:21 PM) [snapback]425170[/snapback]
Was it just me or did the ref say, "It's over" in that replay?

its irrelevant now but it looked like the ref was stopping the fight... i've never seen a ref talked into letting a fight continue before i dont think..
Snoop
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Feb 15 2009, 05:28 AM) [snapback]425172[/snapback]
its irrelevant now but it looked like the ref was stopping the fight... i've never seen a ref talked into letting a fight continue before i dont think..

We'll see how irrelevant it is when the scorecards are read. I hope Ronnie Shields is waaaaay off.
JLUVBABY
the ref stinks.. cintron had his head down... i tell you i hope to never see this ref again...
Romulus9
"... Tom Kaczmarek scores... 118-109 Cintron"

I'm just waiting for it...

frankypc
lol im ashamed to see puerto rico's flag on cintron...hes like the zab judah of pr fighters (as in not mentally strong), and i think thats a compliment.
Snoop
I can't wait for the interviews. I can't wait to see Cintron bitching about the headbutt and then being shown the replay.
JD
Martinez got robbed.
BigG
LMAOOOOO A draw!

What a robbery!!!
JLUVBABY
boxing is sinking to an all time low... no way this fight is 113-113....
Snoop
What fucking bullshit. Martinez should have won a TKO victory. Looks like Cintron's crying finally paid off.
Box in Hand
A fucking draw? I hate judges, let the fans judge from now on.
Romulus9
F*cking fantastic!

Tom Kaczmarek has the right scorecard, two judges call it a bogus draw, Martinez loses the fight because of a point taken,

AND...

AND...

AND...

Cintron thinks HE was robbed!

I love this sport.
JLUVBABY
martinez clearly won this fight...
JD
How the fuck could a judge have found 6 rounds to give to Cintron?!

Dude, this is a total joke.
Imperius3
Bizarre fight...and one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

9-3 Martinez.

Bullshit decision and a bullshit ref.
KookedKrack
ehh all this bullshit in boxing lately really has me not feeling this shit like I used to
The CEO
Can y'all believe that shit??

Cintron is the biggest crybaby loser I've ever seen....he needs to quit Boxing and start bagging groceries somewhere....the dude is a fuckin' BUM....I hate him.

Robbery.
Snoop
How the fuck does the ref wave off the fight, say "It's over", then change his mind and decide to continue the fight because Cintron is crying?
Romulus9
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Feb 14 2009, 11:38 PM) [snapback]425187[/snapback]
ehh all this bullshit in boxing lately really has me not feeling this shit like I used to

LOL! Lately? LATELY!?

Riiiiight...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Feb 14 2009, 10:36 PM) [snapback]425181[/snapback]
What fucking bullshit. Martinez should have won a TKO victory. Looks like Cintron's crying finally paid off.

no shit cintron is one of the biggest cry babies boxing has produced... the fight was over after round 7.... i hope paul williams gets past wright and maybe hbo will wanna see williams vs. cintron so the punisher can put his lights out...
JD
Cintron actually lost twice tonight.
Snoop
I want to see Cintron beat into retirement in his next fight.
KookedKrack
QUOTE(wvu8893 @ Feb 14 2009, 11:39 PM) [snapback]425190[/snapback]
LOL! Lately? LATELY!?
Riiiiight...

i know its always had its bullshit but damn man it seems like its all bullshit now
Snoop
QUOTE(JD @ Feb 15 2009, 05:40 AM) [snapback]425192[/snapback]
Cintron actually lost twice tonight.

LOL. At least he can say he accomplished something most boxers can't.
JD
I would like to see Cintron fight Wlad next.
The CEO
Sergio danced around and thumped on Cintron all night long....cracked that baby's chin and made him say "OW!"....

and I'm with you, KK...seems like the bullshit is gettin' more and more prevalent....
Imperius3
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Feb 14 2009, 10:38 PM) [snapback]425186[/snapback]
Bizarre fight...and one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

9-3 Martinez.

Bullshit decision and a bullshit ref.

Wait I think I had it 10-2 for Martinez. Oh well doesn't matter, but what the FUCK just happened?! I did not see a close fight at all. Honestly, did anyone see a close fight? It's cool if someone did, I'm honestly interested.
BigG
Only thing to do is have them rematch and let Martinez beat him. That DRAW is ridiculous, a huge gift for Kermit Cintron.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.