Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Campbell vs. Judah @140: who wins?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Sugar Q
I think this would be a great fight and although Judah seems the stronger of the two the savvy of Campbell would make this a pick'em fight. What do you guys think?
Imperius3
This would be a damn good fight.

Despite Judah's speed, I'd take Campbell since his mental game is so much stronger. I think he'd break Judah down late in the fight after some tough early rounds.
JD
At first thought, I say Judah - but after thinking about it for a bit, I lean toward Campbell because his biggest advantage will be the most important advantage...mental strength.
Snoop
This one's tough for me because it's at a higher weight for Campbell and a lower weight for Judah. I agree with everyone saying that Campbell has a stronger mentality, but I say Judah takes it based on physical advantages in this one.
iron_mike
I must be the only one who thinks Zab is finished..what little he had upstairs seems to be completely gone, yes he still has good hand speed and is better suited at jr ww, but his time is done...I had no idea he was on the undercard of the...Jones/Calzaghe fight? Hopkins/Pavlik? I don't even remember..all I do was that it was a no name guy he should've ko'd, he refused to sit on his stool after rd 2, got cut, and had to go the full 12 rounds. Why does his name still pop up? Mike said it best when he said something like he's going through the motions, he's not there mentally
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Feb 16 2009, 06:34 PM) [snapback]425518[/snapback]
This one's tough for me because it's at a higher weight for Campbell and a lower weight for Judah. I agree with everyone saying that Campbell has a stronger mentality, but I say Judah takes it based on physical advantages in this one.

same feeling here. we still havent seen zab at 140 he fought johnson i think at 144. people who havent boxed dont know how much it takes out of ya to drop to a weight class u havent fought at since ur am or early pro days. zab hasnt fought at 140 in several yrs. so no way i'd be confident in zab even though he'd have the physical advantages

pick em fight
STEVENSKI
Battle of the guys brutally stopped by Australians laugh.gif .
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 17 2009, 03:26 AM) [snapback]425541[/snapback]
I would also add "embarrassed", because both situations I would say were one of the most embarrassing we have seen in boxing.

Humiliating & demoralising.
King Eugene
I think Judah would win enough rounds early to get a decision cause he will be out thought late in the fight.
D-MARV
I think Campbell should stay away from Judah. Judah would be the faster and stronger fighter. Campbell should fight a NDou or a Malignaggi if he can't get a title shot right away.
BigG
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 17 2009, 11:51 AM) [snapback]425576[/snapback]
I think Campbell should stay away from Judah. Judah would be the faster and stronger fighter. Campbell should fight a NDou or a Malignaggi if he can't get a title shot right away.

As much as I like Zab Judah I wouldn't be confident in this matchup. Campbell is a tough, hard motherfucker but with that said if Judah prepares himself well for 12 rounds he can win.
JLUVBABY
this really is a good match-up.. i have to lean towards judah only because of his size and i think he'll be better at 140 than at welter... quicker or what not.. but i cant pick him i just lean towards him... in campbells defense as a few people have pointed out he is a lot more mentally capable of out thinking judah over the long haul of the fight and he has some pop in his punch so i could see it going in several ways.. i cant make an official call but if i had to pick i would say judah...
buford54
All stats would point to Judah. But Judah has the great equalizer. He is worthless.
His comments already point to him losing.
I could see Nate surviving Judah's 4 round window of opportunity and then taking control of the fight and knocking him out late.
Big Slim Sweet
Zab says he is the 50 Cent of the jr. welterweight division, so Nate Campbell better watch out!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 17 2009, 03:35 PM) [snapback]425611[/snapback]
Haha, so true.

I would have picked Judah without a doubt a while ago, and still now you look at them on paper and Judah should win. I given up on him, he is worthless and always manages to find a way to suck even more than he does. I don't think I can even pick him confidently again. I gave up on him after his last performance, the most pathetic thing is, it took me this long and I kept giving him a chance.

i have to agree with you fitz... dont forget too he had his big chance with mosely lined up and punches a window or mirror or what ever it was and cut up his arm... that goes back to his mental capacity...
Lil-lightsout
I would slightly favor Campbell over Zab for pretty much all the reasons already listed.

But I would rather Zab go stay at welterweight and fight Mosley next. I would pay good money to see Shane beat the shit out of Zab.
King Eugene
I'd much like to see Shane and Zab too but I'd like to see Judah get some quality wins first at Jr. WW. Hell I cant stand them damn Peterson Brothers...throw him in there with one of them, if he loses I petition he retires.
Fitz
I have zero interest in seeing Mosley-Judah, not because I think it would be boring, but after seeing Zab fuck up his fight with Mosley by acting like an angry teenage kid with a temper, and putting his hand through a window. After that, he moved down to fight a nobody and a fight more than any should have put his footdown and win as impressively as possible even if it was a scrub. What did he do? He was fighting with his corner, was standing in the corner in between rounds and not sitting when his corner told him to, walking around not listening and basically just being a typical stupid kid in an old mans body.
This dude has been given one chance too many, he doesn't deserve to be in the same ring with Mosley, he barely deserves to headline Friday night fights with his attitude towards boxing. I have had enough of him, if he isn't willing to put in the effort, why should I as a fan care? He doesn't deserve to fight a solid name, he should be forced to work his way up again.
I always kind of had a soft spot for Zab, even if I did pay out on him, but seriously. Enough is enough.
Imperius3
He also lost to Baldomir. We can't forget that.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 19 2009, 03:14 AM) [snapback]425756[/snapback]
I have zero interest in seeing Mosley-Judah, not because I think it would be boring, but after seeing Zab fuck up his fight with Mosley by acting like an angry teenage kid with a temper, and putting his hand through a window. After that, he moved down to fight a nobody and a fight more than any should have put his footdown and win as impressively as possible even if it was a scrub. What did he do? He was fighting with his corner, was standing in the corner in between rounds and not sitting when his corner told him to, walking around not listening and basically just being a typical stupid kid in an old mans body.
This dude has been given one chance too many, he doesn't deserve to be in the same ring with Mosley, he barely deserves to headline Friday night fights with his attitude towards boxing. I have had enough of him, if he isn't willing to put in the effort, why should I as a fan care? He doesn't deserve to fight a solid name, he should be forced to work his way up again.
I always kind of had a soft spot for Zab, even if I did pay out on him, but seriously. Enough is enough.

100% true on all levels. I've always liked Zab as well but have come to accept that he's a hopeless dipshit who's not worth investing interest in any further.

You just know too that after he broke that window he wasn't thinking, 'Oh shit, I just fucked up my big fight with Mosley.' He was probably more like, 'Dayum, y'all see how I just smashed the shit out that window? I'm hard as hell, yo. Don't nobody want to fuck with Super!'
Lil-lightsout
I agree with you Fitz and Slim, it's just that it really pissed me off to always here that punk talk shit on Mosely. Though it is probably better not giving that clown a second chance, I still would highly enjoy seeing Zab get Ko'd by Shane.
BigG
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 19 2009, 06:01 PM) [snapback]425780[/snapback]
100% true on all levels. I've always liked Zab as well but have come to accept that he's a hopeless dipshit who's not worth investing interest in any further.

You just know too that after he broke that window he wasn't thinking, 'Oh shit, I just fucked up my big fight with Mosley.' He was probably more like, 'Dayum, y'all see how I just smashed the shit out that window? I'm hard as hell, yo. Don't nobody want to fuck with Super!'

LMAO!!! I not only like Zab because of his flashy style and speed...but I also like him because he is a entertaining knucklehead....Zab's a character..50 Cent of boxing laugh.gif
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 19 2009, 01:01 PM) [snapback]425780[/snapback]

lmao he'd also throw in pound for pound the best.

think its safe to say he has turned into the tyson of the present. people use to turn in to see his gifted boxing skills now i think people tune in to see how he'll mess up or if he'll do something crazy like the low blow to mayweather, fighthing with his corner or choking nady,throwing a stool at nady lol list goes on
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 19 2009, 03:50 PM) [snapback]425785[/snapback]
LMAO!!! I not only like Zab because of his flashy style and speed...but I also like him because he is a entertaining knucklehead....Zab's a character..50 Cent of boxing laugh.gif

Zab is entertaining and I do enjoy having him around the sport. I also think that despite some of the stupid shit he says and does he's really a decent guy at heart, just childish and misguided.

Zab's career wasn't a total bust. He did have that one night in St. Louie. But overall he squandered what could and should have been so much more. Yoel did him no favors in this lifetime.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 19 2009, 05:50 PM) [snapback]425806[/snapback]
Zab is entertaining and I do enjoy having him around the sport. I also think that despite some of the stupid shit he says and does he's really a decent guy at heart, just childish and misguided.

Zab's career wasn't a total bust. He did have that one night in St. Louie. But overall he squandered what could and should have been so much more. Yoel did him no favors in this lifetime.

None, he should have busted his ass to get Mayweather Sr.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.