Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxing writer arrested for having 71 marijuana plants
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
I wasn't going to throw anything up when I first heard about this a couple weeks ago, but it's just so funny that I couldn't resist...

MEMBER OF BOXING WRITERS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA ARRESTED FOR MARIJUANA POSSESSION

According to the Grand Rapids Press, 71 marijuana plants and 32 ounces of packaged marijuana were found in a January search of longtime sports columnist David Mayo's home. Mayo, who focused on boxing coverage and extensively covered teh career of Floyd Mayweather Jr., was arraigned in Grand Rapids District Court on charges that he manufactured more than 20 plants, a seven-year felony.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content4312.html

I mean...DAYUM...71 plants dawg??? I wonder if that had anything to do with his cozy relationship with Money May.

laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
I hope they somehow link Money to it.

Even if it is speculation he was a financer or bankrolled the "distribution" network. Anything that will smear & tarnish his name is good enough for me.

See guys that is what hate is it is not some loose emotion you throw around on a forum making lists & laughing about it. It must be a consuming passion & you live it & it does not stop until the object of your hate is dead. Even when they are dead it should continue.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 16 2009, 05:52 PM) [snapback]425514[/snapback]
I hope they somehow link Money to it.

Even if it is speculation he was a financer or bankrolled the "distribution" network. Anything that will smear & tarnish his name is good enough for me.

See guys that is what hate is it is not some loose emotion you throw around on a forum making lists & laughing about it. It must be a consuming passion & you live it & it does not stop until the object of your hate is dead. Even when they are dead it should continue.

I've never seen one so proud and take so much pride in being a hater. Thats ridiculous!
MarzB
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 16 2009, 09:52 PM) [snapback]425529[/snapback]
I've never seen one so proud and take so much pride in being a hater. Thats ridiculous!

When you're a no life having asshole who's life centers on a message board based nearly 10,000 miles away, your mind tends to be warped into such ridiculous scenarios. I swear, a guy that wrote childrens fiction couldn't manufactured what his post said.

Stevenski, your place probably resembles David Berkowicz aka the "Son of Sam" with posters of the fighters you hate and knives thrown through them along with bobblehead dolls of the same people hanging from a toy noose,lol.

STEVENSKI
Why are you stalking me Marz? Do you have a crush on me? I can understand if you do.

Funnily enough my apartment looks quite normal & is quite normal.
King Eugene
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
You two dudes are something else. Its funny how Stevenski will straight bash someone with a barage of insults and then when a poster insults him, he's suttle and sarcastic with his response.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 17 2009, 05:26 AM) [snapback]425551[/snapback]
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
You two dudes are something else. Its funny how Stevenski will straight bash someone with a barage of insults and then when a poster insults him, he's suttle and sarcastic with his response.

I almost always use eloquence & some class in my replies. The rare occasions when I don't care & get abusive are usually calculated anyway.

Fitz is the classiest cat on here when it comes to putdowns. The one below is one of his finest hours.

QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Feb 11 2009, 06:59 AM) [snapback]424678[/snapback]
I'm actually pretty cool with Ishe..Me and him talk quite a bit..

QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 11 2009, 10:23 PM) [snapback]424727[/snapback]
You certainly aren't winning any cool points here, lol.

How could Jonny come back from that? There is no comeback for that type of one liner.

In retrospect maybe Marz is one of Clay's bastard children & I am sure my boy Jonny is one of Vanders. Marz has had a hard on for me since my "Clay" comments. How Jonny loves his dad so much when he struggles to pay child support is beyond me.
King Eugene
LMAO your right about that one. I'm still laughing at that one.

Man I've read quite a bit of funny stuff on this forum. Hell if it wasn't for this forum I'd probably be bored out of my mind during my down times at work.
Mean Mister Mustard
That guy is also a writer for The Ring. 70 plants? I guess it's true, you can't live off solely on what you write. Living on what you plant hoewever...
The CEO
I respect the fact he appreciates Good Weed....but I can't respect the fact he wrote for The Ring.....that rag's had a GLARING agenda ever since De La Hoya acquired it....their P4P lists are insanely biased and outright wrong nowadays....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Feb 17 2009, 02:07 PM) [snapback]425598[/snapback]
I respect the fact he appreciates Good Weed....but I can't respect the fact he wrote for The Ring.....that rag's had a GLARING agenda ever since De La Hoya acquired it....their P4P lists are insanely biased and outright wrong nowadays....

imma have to check out a ring magazine... i havent read one since i found that there was actually up to date boxing sites on the net... are the ratings really that biased now?... i figured oscar was gonna put his hand into that kinda stuff once he aquirred the magazine...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Feb 17 2009, 08:15 PM) [snapback]425622[/snapback]
imma have to check out a ring magazine... i havent read one since i found that there was actually up to date boxing sites on the net... are the ratings really that biased now?... i figured oscar was gonna put his hand into that kinda stuff once he aquirred the magazine...

I haven't really noticed that much GB bias in their ratings.
caneman
Nuff said! drag.gif
rusty_trombone
Damn, sorry hype, but unless you have a bunch of kilos of coke in your house, this mayo guy might be the greatest boxing writer out there. you should offer him a job when he gets out of the clink.
happygocampy
They need to do drug raids on all Referee and Judge's home's. They might be onto something here.
thehype
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Feb 18 2009, 08:58 PM) [snapback]425727[/snapback]
Damn, sorry hype, but unless you have a bunch of kilos of coke in your house, this mayo guy might be the greatest boxing writer out there. you should offer him a job when he gets out of the clink.

Ummm...no...he's not the greatest boxing writer...I've read his work...it's aight, but I wouldn't say he's the greatest. Now, you might say he's the coolest boxing writer because he appreciates some good weed, but honestly, I don't even know if I'd go THAT far because I know of a few writers that appreciate some good ganja here and there too and I'd probably chill with them before I kicked it with Mayo. Quite frankly, I'd have to say he's the dumbest boxing writer simply because he grew so many damn plants. I mean, if you're going to do it for your own "personal use," then just grown a couple of plants and keep it light.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.