Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dawson vs. Tarver delayed
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Rabbit Punch2
Dawson breaks hand
D-MARV
I hope the cancel the fight altogether... But I know they won't cause Tarver ain't gonnna let them. I would like to see dawson in with B.Hopkins or at least a unification match. Fuck Tarver!
boxingbiz
Cancelled would have been better news.
JLUVBABY
i was hoping the same thing... this is one fight i do not want to see again... tarver is shit and dawson needs to set his sights higher... what i dont like is he wouldnt fight glenn johnson again but he'll fight tarver again.. there was no question in the tarver fight but there was all kinds of questions in the johnson fight.. i thought he lost that fight personally... as do most i believe...
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Feb 18 2009, 02:58 PM) [snapback]425691[/snapback]
what i dont like is he wouldnt fight glenn johnson again but he'll fight tarver again.. there was no question in the tarver fight but there was all kinds of questions in the johnson fight.. i thought he lost that fight personally... as do most i believe...

Tarver had a rematch clause. Dawson doesn't want to vacate his title.

I'd like to see the Tarver-Johnson rubber match take its place. Makes all kinda sense. They're 1-1 against each other and the winner moves on to the rematch with Chad in the summer or fall.
Jack 1000
I wish they would kill this fight all together, but as stated above, Tarver's mouth won't let them. We have had some better boxing from HBO this year, this fight, if it's made, just puts HBO back in the shithouse.

Jack
Snoop
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 18 2009, 09:25 PM) [snapback]425696[/snapback]
Tarver had a rematch clause. Dawson doesn't want to vacate his title.

I'd like to see the Tarver-Johnson rubber match take its place. Makes all kinda sense. They're 1-1 against each other and the winner moves on to the rematch with Chad in the summer or fall.

That fight makes perfect sense. Tarver is just too much of a punk to take it. I hope he proves me wrong though...
D-MARV
HBO is actually not having a bad year thus far... Dawson-Tarver would be a waste of a slot. They really need to move on and find something else. I was shocked that HBO took the fight in the first place.
JLUVBABY
dawson tarver is a espn type of fight....
Big Slim Sweet
Just curious, are you guys choosing to ignore the bit about the rematch clause or are you suggesting Dawson should vacate his title instead of going through with the fight?
Fitz
I'm not ignoring it, I am just wishing it would magically go away.
STEVENSKI
Wow there is some serious disrespect for Tarver on here. Is Tarver not a top 5 175lb fighter? I don't see what is wrong with this unless this is the only fight Dawson has this year. Then again that would be Dawson causing that problem.
Imperius3
No one can blame Tarver for invoking his rematch clause. He wants to fight Dawson again, so be it. At least he's man enough to try again. He wants revenge.

The only way I see Tarver winning though is if he lands a KO punch like he did against Jones. I'm not sure what else the old man can do differently. Dawson's work rate and solid punching will probably win it again.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Feb 18 2009, 09:42 PM) [snapback]425730[/snapback]
No one can blame Tarver for invoking his rematch clause. He wants to fight Dawson again, so be it. At least he's man enough to try again. He wants revenge.

The only way I see Tarver winning though is if he lands a KO punch like he did against Jones. I'm not sure what else the old man can do differently. Dawson's work rate and solid punching will probably win it again.

Pretty much... I give Tarver a puncher's chance, but that's it.

I'll say Dawson TKO10. A decision does shit for Dawson.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 18 2009, 03:48 PM) [snapback]425706[/snapback]
Just curious, are you guys choosing to ignore the bit about the rematch clause or are you suggesting Dawson should vacate his title instead of going through with the fight?

in a fight like this big slim i'd have more respect for dawson giving up his title.. the result will not be any diffrent for tarver if anything it will be worse.. and i will say this there are TOO MANY REMATCH CLAUSES in fights these days... you lose go back to the end of the line and fight ya way back... thats how its supposed to be... other guys deserve shots at the belts... as for tarver he is a peice of shit fighter... and no he is not a top 5 lt. heavyweight at this point in his career as someone suggested... i truley hope he gets knocked out so cold he doesnt fight anymore cuzz number 1 his day has come and gone... and number 2 the shit he talks i am like dude what is really going on?.. his claim to fame after losing a fight is his records in rematches... well you shouldnt have lost the first time you sorry fuck.. go back to the end of the line...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Feb 18 2009, 08:42 PM) [snapback]425730[/snapback]

Glenn Johnson wanted revenge....Hmmmmm......they didnt make that rematch... if a fighter deserved a rematch with dawson it was glen johnson.
Imperius3
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Feb 18 2009, 10:10 PM) [snapback]425734[/snapback]
Glenn Johnson wanted revenge....Hmmmmm......they didnt make that rematch... if a fighter deserved a rematch with dawson it was glen johnson.

I want Johnson to get a rematch too. The thing is unlike Tarver he didn't have a rematch clause.
Lil-lightsout
Pac was not supposed to beat Oscar, Mosley was not supposed to beat Margarito(for the big majority of people). So the first fight Dawson dominated, Tarver looked very sluggish and slow. Who else should Dawson fight(besides the obvious GJ)? Fuck giving up his belt he worked his whole life to get, those belt means alot to those guys mentally and financially. Anyways, I give Tarver a better shot then most here. I just think he was off that night and will give a better performance in the rematch. I am not saying he will win, but with Chad's not so great chin, you never know.

I wonder if Tarver will fight soon to stay active, or just wait for the re-scheduled date?
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Feb 19 2009, 12:45 AM) [snapback]425745[/snapback]
I wonder if Tarver will fight soon to stay active, or just wait for the re-scheduled date?

I hope he fights soon for two reasons...

1. He gets flat out embarressed and neither HBO or Showtime wont take the rematch so it'll have to be either on Verses or ESPN

2. He dominates a pretty good fighter and then adds more hype to the Dawson rematch.

Personally I like choice 1 better but with him getting beat so bad he'd just rather retire.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Feb 18 2009, 11:45 PM) [snapback]425745[/snapback]
Pac was not supposed to beat Oscar, Mosley was not supposed to beat Margarito(for the big majority of people). So the first fight Dawson dominated, Tarver looked very sluggish and slow. Who else should Dawson fight(besides the obvious GJ)? Fuck giving up his belt he worked his whole life to get, those belt means alot to those guys mentally and financially. Anyways, I give Tarver a better shot then most here. I just think he was off that night and will give a better performance in the rematch. I am not saying he will win, but with Chad's not so great chin, you never know.

i can name a few fighterss dawson could fight... for starters glenn johnson... there is shaun george.... diacanu.... yusef mack... even though he just lost a chris henry there are fighters he can face... he could bring up jaidon caodrington or an allen green or for that matter even a edison miranda... he has fights he could make but tarver is gonna get beat worse this time then last time.. even if he was off that night tarver is not hopkins not even close and at 40 that dude is shot... if he fights and i doubt he will but if he does i hope he fights a diacanu or even though he just lost i think chris henry will beat him i hope he fights that type of fighter that will touch his chin and end this... tarver is shit man... he is a shit fighter.
Big Slim Sweet
Jaidon Codrington, Allan Greene and Edison Miranda are not more worthy of challenging Dawson than Tarver is and would not put up better fights against him either.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 19 2009, 11:49 AM) [snapback]425779[/snapback]
Jaidon Codrington, Allan Greene and Edison Miranda are not more worthy of challenging Dawson than Tarver is and would not put up better fights against him either.

off his last performance tarver doesnt deserve a rematch... i think allen green and codrington would be fairly interesting fight with dawson... they have a good style and miranda would try to bomb him out... dont ness. beat dawson but tarver got beat the first time... my point is this there are too many rematch clauses in boxing.. the only people i am sure that is stoked about a rematch is tarver and his people.. well anyway the fight is off and hopefully it wont be remade...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(3King3 @ Feb 19 2009, 06:11 AM) [snapback]425749[/snapback]
Personally I like choice 1 better but with him getting beat so bad he'd just rather retire.

Man I am feeling it King. You are sucking up the hate & spitting it out nice. Add some more venom & a death wish or two & you will be there. Maybe you should pray that he gets inducted into the hall of fame & as he steps onto the dias everyone laughes & says "JUST JOKING" laugh.gif . How good would that be.
King Eugene
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 19 2009, 05:13 PM) [snapback]425796[/snapback]
Man I am feeling it King. You are sucking up the hate & spitting it out nice. Add some more venom & a death wish or two & you will be there. Maybe you should pray that he gets inducted into the hall of fame & as he steps onto the dias everyone laughes & says "JUST JOKING" laugh.gif . How good would that be.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
That would be funny as hell. And on his walk back down to his seat everyone could throw loaded gloves at him. They can then put a thumb tack in his seat right before he sits down. LOL

Is that good enough?
King Eugene
The fight is back on. May 9th on HBO WCB.

Lil-lightsout
I am picking Tarver in this one by knockout for a couple of reasons.

1- Dawson has been on the canvas before.
2- Tarver looked like crap last time with nothing on his punches, no way he looks like that again.
3- Dawson will overlook Tarver this time, maybe get a little too cocky and get caught.
4- Tarver always wins his rematches.
5- We are all destined to hear Tarver tell us he is the greatest again.
6- After getting his ass kicked in the first fight, Tarvers hot wife left him for Dawson, and Dawson's not so hot wife hooked up with Tarver. So now Antonio wants to get his wife back.
King Eugene
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 21 2009, 01:28 AM) [snapback]429074[/snapback]
I am picking Tarver in this one by knockout for a couple of reasons.

1- Dawson has been on the canvas before.
2- Tarver looked like crap last time with nothing on his punches, no way he looks like that again.
3- Dawson will overlook Tarver this time, maybe get a little too cocky and get caught.
4- Tarver always wins his rematches.
5- We are all destined to hear Tarver tell us he is the greatest again.
6- After getting his ass kicked in the first fight, Tarvers hot wife left him for Dawson, and Dawson's not so hot wife hooked up with Tarver. So now Antonio wants to get his wife back.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Dawson decisions him again. I think his trainer will keep him focused just like last time. I wonder was draining weight an issue for Tarver last time and was that the reason he lost so much popl off of his punches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.