Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: povetkin vs. estrada
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
estrada vs. povetkin ... this could be a good one guys... if the right estrada shows up i think he can beat povetkin... i havent been to impressed by povetkin from what i've seen... he's good but def. not a klitschko... what do you guys think?
Douchebag
Jason is going to get him.

BGv2.0
I'm really interested in this matchup....however, I think it's a REALLY dangerous fight for Povetkin.....was he not in line for a shot at Wlad?

WTF happened to that whole deal?

The reason I say it's a dangerous fight for Povetkin is that Chambers did a pretty decent job of busting Povetkin up and Estrada is very close to the same style of Chambers...but may pack a little more of a punch.

At the very least it's a great fight between two on the cusp of title shots and my hats off to both of them for fighting one another.
D-MARV
Fucking Chambers needs to lose some weight then he can be a real force. Maybe @ Cruiser...

Anyways, I say Povetkin outworks Estarda to a UD. I'll be pulling for Estrada though.
Fitz
Heavyweight fight?

*yawns*
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 19 2009, 08:54 PM) [snapback]425858[/snapback]
Heavyweight fight?

*yawns*

lol.. come on fitz this is actually a heavyweight fight that has some kind of meaning and should be entertaining... i think this is going to be a good one... lets go estrada!!!...lol
BigG
Fitz is right....but this fight is not bad. If its in Germany Povketin will def. the benefit of the doubt if rounds are close.
oozemcbuck
i said it before, i'll say it again, estrada sucks !!!!! he will get spanked. he won't get ko'd cuz he'll just put his speed to good use and run.... no heart and an embarassment to providence... they calling him jason "big tits" or jason "motel 6" around here... he's a good amateur, not a good pro. his style doesn't cross over too well. i just don't see this guy, who can't hurt a fly, doing anything in boxing, except for talking shit about "guys ducking him". this will be a typical tune-up fight for povetkin...

and estrada is more like an out of shape version of eddie chambers,lol, and both have 0 power...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(oozemcbuck @ Feb 22 2009, 01:59 PM) [snapback]426135[/snapback]
i said it before, i'll say it again, estrada sucks !!!!! he will get spanked. he won't get ko'd cuz he'll just put his speed to good use and run.... no heart and an embarassment to providence... they calling him jason "big tits" or jason "motel 6" around here... he's a good amateur, not a good pro. his style doesn't cross over too well. i just don't see this guy, who can't hurt a fly, doing anything in boxing, except for talking shit about "guys ducking him". this will be a typical tune-up fight for povetkin...

and estrada is more like an out of shape version of eddie chambers,lol, and both have 0 power...

laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I'm not that high on Estrada, I definately don't think he's got the ring skills or savvy of an Eddie Chambers (not sure what happened to Chambers in that fight, it's like he just froze halfway through the fight).

Nor does he have the killer instinct needed to take it to Povetkin, I think he loses by UD.

On a side note I'll pick Chambers to beat Salami Peter on points, but anyone who visits these boards semi regularly will not be surprised by this.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Feb 22 2009, 09:57 PM) [snapback]426143[/snapback]
I'm not that high on Estrada, I definately don't think he's got the ring skills or savvy of an Eddie Chambers (not sure what happened to Chambers in that fight, it's like he just froze halfway through the fight).

Nor does he have the killer instinct needed to take it to Povetkin, I think he loses by UD.

On a side note I'll pick Chambers to beat Salami Peter on points, but anyone who visits these boards semi regularly will not be surprised by this.

i am amazed that no one is really giving estrada much of a chance... povetkin is good but i havent seen him look like a world beater... the guy is beatable.. he is not a klitschko that is for sure... not saying estrada def. beats him but the fight should be one of the better heavyweight fights in a while i think... its a dangerous fight for both men... one things for sure he should be glad he got injured cuzz he is not ready for wlad... estrada has a legit shot in this fight... if he doesnt pull a chambers and freeze which i dont think he will this fight will be very interesting...
oozemcbuck
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Feb 23 2009, 01:08 AM) [snapback]426152[/snapback]
i am amazed that no one is really giving estrada much of a chance... povetkin is good but i havent seen him look like a world beater... the guy is beatable.. he is not a klitschko that is for sure... not saying estrada def. beats him but the fight should be one of the better heavyweight fights in a while i think... its a dangerous fight for both men... one things for sure he should be glad he got injured cuzz he is not ready for wlad... estrada has a legit shot in this fight... if he doesnt pull a chambers and freeze which i dont think he will this fight will be very interesting...

aren't you the same guy that swore by the bible that manfredo was gonna beat bika, "he might even make it look easy"? yeah, u sound like the same dood......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.