Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DLH-Quartey
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
BigG
I thought it was a CLEAR win for Quartey. I had Quartey up by 3 points. Despite DLH's big last round, he lost alot of rounds and Quartey's jab was the most effective punch. DLH got a gift that night, IMO.
Romulus9
I haven't gone back and watched the fight to score it but I remember that I scored it for Ike that night, and had him up at least 2 points. Despite the decision, what a fight! I need to acquire a copy and score it this week.

A couple of nights ago, I went back and watched Barrera-Morales I again. Another great fight with an absolutely ridiculous decision.
BigG
I agree, Morales-Barrera II was also a robbery IMO with Morales losing a UD in a fight he at least won 7 rounds in and scored a KD he wasn't given credit for.
Fitz
I scored Morales-Barrera II one time and it was a while ago, but I had it for Barrera. I had all 3 fights with Barrera, but it's the second fight I have to re-watch again.
BigG
You need to watch fight 2 again, Fitz, because it was clearly Morales fight. He boxed smarter in fight 2. Like fight 1, Barrera had a strong round 12 but this time he was BEHIND on the cards going into the 12th.
Fitz
Yeah I remember watching the fight and I knew full well that people thought it was a Morales win, but just watching it I didn't see what everyone else was seeing. I remember scoring it really close, but I never thought it was as clear as others, but like I said, I need to see it again.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 19 2009, 09:35 PM) [snapback]425790[/snapback]
I scored Morales-Barrera II one time and it was a while ago, but I had it for Barrera. I had all 3 fights with Barrera, but it's the second fight I have to re-watch again.

That is because you are a nuthugger of Barerra Fitz.

As for Quartey vs DLH I had Quartey winning by a point & it was a very close fight but a extremely clear win for Quartey
BigG
It's funny, some people think Morales-Barrera I was a robbery but I give Barrera the nod because of that absolute bullshit knockdown round 12. If the referee (was it SHADY Nady?) had not counted that knockdown, I would've had it 114-114, instead I had it 114-113. Morales CLEARLY won fight 2, there is no doubt in my mind. And Barrere clearly won fight 3. Each fight was close and IMO it is quite possibly the greatest trilogy in boxing history along with Ali-Frazier.
Fitz
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 20 2009, 09:06 AM) [snapback]425794[/snapback]
That is because you are a nuthugger of Barerra Fitz.

As for Quartey vs DLH I had Quartey winning by a point & it was a very close fight but a extremely clear win for Quartey

Haha, that's not true. I like Morales more than Barrera.
Romulus9
That knockdown call was ridiculous. The referee was one who was typically VERY good throughout his unfortunately short career, Mitch Halpern.

I had it 116-111 Barrera anyway. An absolute robbery. The second fight was a joke of a decision too. Very tactical, Morales won at least 7 rounds, and got it stolen.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 19 2009, 10:19 PM) [snapback]425797[/snapback]
Haha, that's not true. I like Morales more than Barrera.

Obviously not too much or you would have scored it 3-0 to Morales. You have family in Mexico City or someting?
Big Slim Sweet
I just recently rewatched DLH-Quartey and scored it pretty clearly for Ike. I think I had it 8-4, so 115-112 with the KD in round 12. (round 6 the two KD's cancel out and I thought Ike won the round overall).

I thought it was a close but clear win for Bazooks.

I had Barrera 3-0 against Morales.
Fitz
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 20 2009, 09:44 AM) [snapback]425803[/snapback]
I had Barrera 3-0 against Morales.

Phew. All of a sudden, I don't feel so crazy. I want to watch the second fight again though. I know there is nothing wrong with having Barrera winning I and III, but want to see the second fight again just to make sure.
BigG
Are people really scoring the 2nd fight for Barrera? Morales bagged 7 rounds that night. Come on guys....I advice you to watch and score that fight again and you will see that 1. Morales won. 2. He was robbed of a KD in round 7.
Big Slim Sweet
Morales was robbed of a knockdown, that I won't dispute. It was a legit bodyshot.
Lil-lightsout
I thought Oscar-Ike fight was close when watched live, I have no clue how I scored it. I just remember it being close.

I had Barrera winning all three fights with Morales, the second one was the closest maybe Morales could have got the nod. It was justice considering Marco was robbed in there first fight.
BigG
You too Lil LightsOut? You had Barrera beating Morales in fight 2!? Bunch of Barrera nuthuggers...did you also have Barrera beating Marquez? haha.gif
The CEO
I remember thinking Ike beat Oscar in a "close but clear" way...

and Barrera won the 1st, Morales won the 2nd, and Barrera won the 3rd iMo...
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 20 2009, 10:12 AM) [snapback]425811[/snapback]
You too Lil LightsOut? You had Barrera beating Morales in fight 2!? Bunch of Barrera nuthuggers...did you also have Barrera beating Marquez? haha.gif

Maybe you need to rewatch the second fight biggeorge, lol. I actually don't feel as paranoid about my scoring for the second fight now, lol.

Come on, nobody can accuse me of being a Barrera nuthugger, I was usually accused of being a Morales nuthugger when I used to defend him with Pacquiao. I do like Morales more than Barrera.
Lightsout, Big Slim and myself all scored all three for Barrera, I actually thought that there was barely going to be anybody and now there are 2 in this thread laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 19 2009, 11:51 PM) [snapback]425819[/snapback]
Lightsout, Big Slim and myself all scored all three for Barrera, I actually thought that there was barely going to be anybody and now there are 2 in this thread laugh.gif

Looks like 3 guys on this board need eye sight tests then.
BigG
I've watched that fight about 5-6 times dude. Morales bagged 7 rounds clearly plus scored a knockdown which wasn't counted. Morales had big rounds in rounds 10 and 11 and Barrera was behind on the scorecards. That fight should've been given to Morales. He clearly had the edge. There was no biasness when scoring that fight. Morales just won. Just like Marco won fight 3.

And when it comes down to who is greater, Morales is above Barrera. No question about that! Erik Morales is one of the greatest fighters of our time. Morales was a beast! A fading Morales beat Manny Pacquiao.
caneman
I had Ike 7-4 & 1 even & since I hate DLH I gave him some very close rounds! I can't even say it was a draw but that is my opinion! drinks.gif
and the NEW
DLH by 1. Could have had it a draw.

Final round 10-8 DLH, Quartey was just lucky he didn't have the Manfredy V Mayweather ref.
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 20 2009, 10:59 AM) [snapback]425822[/snapback]
And when it comes down to who is greater, Morales is above Barrera. No question about that! Erik Morales is one of the greatest fighters of our time. Morales was a beast! A fading Morales beat Manny Pacquiao.

Exactly. Morales is a beast, probably ahead of Barrera and an out of prime Morales was able to dispose of Pacquiao, even being able to fuck around for 2 rounds, fighting him southpaw and still winning a clear decision. What a champion.

QUOTE(and the NEW @ Feb 20 2009, 11:12 AM) [snapback]425824[/snapback]
DLH by 1. Could have had it a draw.

Final round 10-8 DLH, Quartey was just lucky he didn't have the Manfredy V Mayweather ref.

ATN, I actually watched Mayweather and Manfreddy the other day. Did you think the stoppage was bad?
and the NEW
Fitz, yeh, most definately.

He was fine. If he was out, then Quartey was finished.
BigG
Difference was Quartey was actually throwing and landing back. Quartey was far from finished. In fact, it was DLH that seemed to be more tired at the end of the round.
Fitz
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Feb 20 2009, 11:34 AM) [snapback]425829[/snapback]
Fitz, yeh, most definately.

He was fine. If he was out, then Quartey was finished.

I honestly didn't have a problem with the stoppage of Manfreddy. He looked ok once the referee stopped it, but he was getting hit clean and not doing anything else. I was ok with it, sure Manfreddy didn't look too hurt once the referee stopped it, but right at that moment when he was getting caught, he was caught clean and wasn't throwing.
and the NEW
Yeh, but his gloves were up and he was not wobbling badly at all. Clearly in a defensive position. If his hands were down and he was just taking bombs, then he was obviously out of it, but you don't get KOd and have your hands high and tight. Just isn't possible.
kidbazooka1
Morales clearly won the 2nd fight and i thought barley edged the 1st fight but the third fight was MAB's.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 19 2009, 08:27 PM) [snapback]425827[/snapback]
Exactly. Morales is a beast, probably ahead of Barrera and an out of prime Morales was able to dispose of Pacquiao, even being able to fuck around for 2 rounds, fighting him southpaw and still winning a clear decision. What a champion.

I agree Morales should be rememberd as the greater fighter between the two he beat Jr Jones who crushed a prime Barrera and whooped Manny despite already being past his best.

Prime for prime Morales beats Manny all day aswell.
Imperius3
I had Quartey winning by a point. I thought it was a close fight that could've gone either way. Not a robbery, IMO.

For the Barrera-Morales trilogy, I personally thought the judges were spot on in all three fights. Morales won the first, Barrera won the second and third. It has been several years since I've watched those fights though, and I would like to watch them again.
Big Slim Sweet
I've got Barrera slightly ahead of Morales all-time, based mostly on the fact that he had the edge in their rivalry, and his great win over Hamed. Morales had a few W's that could have been L's, like In Jin Chi and the first fight with Espadas.

I will say that Morales IMO had a bit more warrior in him. Either way they're neck and neck, practically impossible to separate. I bet most guys P4P lists have them back to back in one order or another. Lightning in a bottle that they came of age in their primes at the same time.

As much as they both hate each other, they each made the other greater.
Snoop
I like how there is more discussion about whether Barrera or Morales is greater than the actual thread topic. lol.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 19 2009, 06:12 PM) [snapback]425811[/snapback]

First of all, I had Marquez beating Barrera by close decision.

Second, you keep bring up there second fight where you think Morales got jobbed. Well I said it was very close and Erik could have gotting the nod. BUT, why you not mentioning the fact that Barrera clearly should have gotting the decision in the first fight???

You are sounding like a Morales nuthugger to me. laugh.gif

To me, these two are so close in there greatness, it is basically a toss up. I would say in there prime Marco was a little better overall, but Erik had a tougher mentality.

Also, anyone remember that Oscar skipped out on the original date with Ike? Rumors were he was not in great shape. I forget the official reason he said it was delayed though.
Fitz
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Feb 20 2009, 12:26 PM) [snapback]425847[/snapback]

I think it's actually harder to find a fighter that biggeorge doesn't nuthug, right biggeorge? lol.

The thing that stumps me is, that he nuthugs some crappy guys like Raheem and Tarver laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 20 2009, 03:42 AM) [snapback]425864[/snapback]
I think it's actually harder to find a fighter that biggeorge doesn't nuthug, right biggeorge? lol.

The thing that stumps me is, that he nuthugs some crappy guys like Raheem and Tarver laugh.gif

Well he does not nuthug Vic at least.

G seriously is the Baskin Robins of our site 31 flavours of the month every month.
BigG
First of all, I had Marquez beating Barrera by close decision.

Second, you keep bring up there second fight where you think Morales got jobbed. Well I said it was very close and Erik could have gotting the nod. BUT, why you not mentioning the fact that Barrera clearly should have gotting the decision in the first fight???

No nuthugging here....I'm just saying Morales deserved fight 2 and bagged 7 rounds. I am surprised people actually thought Marco won that one.

laugh.gif

Fitz, you can't talk about me nuthugging shitty fighters like Tarver (never did) when you CLEARLY used to defend guys like Danny "The Green Bum Beating Machine" Green and Anthony "Broke Man's Judah" Bumdine. Especially after he had beaten the legendary Australian fighter Sam Soliman laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
I concur G. Anthony Bumdine truly does suck as much as Judah.
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 20 2009, 04:34 PM) [snapback]425872[/snapback]
No nuthugging here....I'm just saying Morales deserved fight 2 and bagged 7 rounds. I am surprised people actually thought Marco won that one.

laugh.gif

Fitz, you can't talk about me nuthugging shitty fighters like Tarver (never did) when you CLEARLY used to defend guys like Danny "The Green Bum Beating Machine" Green and Anthony "Broke Man's Judah" Bumdine. Especially after he had beaten the legendary Australian fighter Sam Soliman laugh.gif

I never nuthugged Green. I just liked him. I was a fan of Mundine, all I said was he had a lot of potential and could be a world class fighter if he applied himself. He hasn't applied himself and I am off the Mundine wagon. There is no disputing that you are the undisputed nuthugger of fighthype laugh.gif.

Stevenski, biggeorge doesn't like Vic because he only likes crappy fighters like Tarver and Raheem haha.gif
BigG
Fitz, you were definitely a nuthugger of Mundine. Particularly after he beat Soliman....laugh.gif if I'm undisputed king of nuthugging of fighthype, but you are definitely closing in with your man love for the Crabsman Vic Darchinyan and Kessler. laugh.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE(wvu8893 @ Feb 19 2009, 04:21 PM) [snapback]425798[/snapback]
That knockdown call was ridiculous. The referee was one who was typically VERY good throughout his unfortunately short career, Mitch Halpern.

I had it 116-111 Barrera anyway. An absolute robbery. The second fight was a joke of a decision too. Very tactical, Morales won at least 7 rounds, and got it stolen.

Delahoya-Quartey I had 115-114 Quartey Morales-Barrera I very close I had it 114-114 not counting the 12th round as a 10-8 round or 114-113 Barrera with the 10-8 round. I think Harold's 116-111 Barrera card was almost as bad as Dalby Shirley's 115-112 Morales card. I can't recall my scoring of the second fight but very close Might have been Morales, 115-113 Not sure. Third fight, I think Barrera, 115-113. but not sure. The only thing definite that I recall was my fight #1 scoring, and that I thought that all three fights were so close that they were anywhere from a draw to no more than two points for either boxer at the end.

Jack
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 20 2009, 05:40 PM) [snapback]425880[/snapback]
Fitz, you were definitely a nuthugger of Mundine. Particularly after he beat Soliman....laugh.gif if I'm undisputed king of nuthugging of fighthype, but you are definitely closing in with your man love for the Crabsman Vic Darchinyan and Kessler. laugh.gif

Haha. How am I a Kessler nuthugger? I like the guy but I have said he is a B+ level type of fighter. Calfboy laugh.gif
BigG
If thats the case Fitz where'd you get the I'm a Tarver-Raheem nuthugger from? I liked them but I never thought they were the 2nd coming. I've only defended them from haters who didn't give them credit. laugh.gif In fact, I think your absolute huggerism of Vic Darchinyan is worse than any of mine...I've never referred to a fighter as "a bad man" whenever I talked about them! laugh.gif I know you try to be as down the middle but fanboy in you is there and it gets out when Vic wins laugh.gif
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 20 2009, 07:51 PM) [snapback]425894[/snapback]
I've never referred to a fighter as "a bad man" whenever I talked about them!

Ahem.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...st&p=411120

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 16 2008, 02:41 AM) [snapback]411120[/snapback]
First let me start off by saying Kostya Tszyu was a bad man in his prime.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...st&p=287460

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Oct 24 2006, 07:53 AM) [snapback]287460[/snapback]
Kessler is a bad man in the ring. Gives anyone a 175-down a tough fight.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...st&p=282247

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Sep 30 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]282247[/snapback]
Norris was a bad man in his prime.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...st&p=217619

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Apr 1 2006, 10:30 AM) [snapback]217619[/snapback]
Arce is a bad man. Alvarez has been one of the best fighters from the lower weight classes for the past few years but he is past his prime. Arce by TKO.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...st&p=363420

QUOTE(biggeorge89) [snapback]217619[/snapback]
I gotta say that Joe Cal is a bad bad man....

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...st&p=185680

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 13 2006, 12:57 AM) [snapback]185680[/snapback]
Norris was a very bad man. IMO, he would beat Tito

LOL. The funniest thing is, you said it about two guys I supposedly nuthug (Tszyu and Kessler), one guy that you called a bad man was beaten by the guy I supposedly nut hug because I called him a bad man and out of all people, you called Calzaghe a bad man.

Would you say that I am a bad, bad man like Vic? laugh.gif

Viva la Fitz. friends.gif

STEVENSKI
Fitz you are a "bad man" G will never recover from that humiliation & I think he may be damaged goods now like David Reid after Tito bitch slapped that droopy eye of his.
Fitz
Nah it's all good. It's just friendly banter with biggeorge, lol. drinks.gif All fun and games.
BigG
Good god Fitz you are such an internet nerd I cant believe you dug up all those old posts.,,Those posts are old opinions and don't matter anymore...laugh.gif

First things first, Terry Norris was a GREAT fighter in his prime.

You see Fitz, I am only complimenting fighters in those post... Your huggersim with Vic is different...you STRESS it in every post and after every win and have said it many times! That is nuthuggerism...laugh.gif

And Arce in his PRIME was a bad man...not the one "Mr. Crabs" Vic beat..

And I had to give Joe a compliment after how he disected Kessler..Can't take that back.....Joe did look good against Kessler and I was impressed...but his tactics after that brought my hate to new levels. I am older and can see clearly...and upon reviewing Joe Calzaghe's career more...he is not a bad man after all, instead, the biggest fraud in Boxing today. laugh.gif

And I have to admit, I only said Tszyu was a bad man in his prime to make you and STEVENSKI feel good..because honestly..although I think he is a great fighter, I think he is overrated by you guys and never beat a great fighter..unless of course you think Zab is great! laugh.gif
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 20 2009, 08:19 PM) [snapback]425901[/snapback]
Good god Fitz you are such an internet nerd I cant believe you dug up all those old posts..laugh.gif

We both nuthugg!

lol. Yes I am a nerd. It's pretty easy though, all you do is go into search. Type "biggeorge89" for name and for the key word "bad man" (in brackets) and there it is, lol.

When you say I'm a nerd, you make it sound like I sat there for 30 minutes, I just want to clarify that it only took 5 minutes, just to cover my ass. laugh.gif

STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 20 2009, 09:19 AM) [snapback]425901[/snapback]
And I have to admit, I only said Tszyu was a bad man in his prime to make you and STEVENSKI feel good..because honestly..although I think he is a great fighter, I think he is overrated by you guys and never beat a great fighter..unless of course you think Zab is great! laugh.gif

Don't start lying G. You mum would not like to think she had brought up a liar. Also though he was about a gazillion years past his best I am suprised you don't think Chavez is a great fighter.
torvix2000
LOL! BigGeorge and Fitz having a little play here. Count me in.

Barrera is greater than Morales.

Pacquiao has pulverized Morales much more than he has pulverized Barrera. Heck, Barrera avoided knockout in the rematch. While it is true that Morales has beaten Pacquiao, it was because Pacquiao got cut which prevented him from turning up the heat in the 2nd half of the fight. And Morales was supposed to be declining, not in his prime, but Pacquiao was also not yet in his prime and still learning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.