Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So What's With the New Cotto??
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
JD

Someone got some crazy knocked into themselves last time out. Holy shit.
Mean Mister Mustard
Hopefully the Margarito fight didn't ruin him.
JD
Yeah, I am not so sure about that.
Box in Hand
Getting your ass beat by a cheating, no good, lying, ass munch will do some strange things to you.
Big Slim Sweet
Right off the bat I don't like it. My first instinct is to say that the loss is messing with his head and he's resorting to other ways to try and reclaim his manhood. Hope I'm wrong.
Imperius3
Cotto shouldn't feel the need to "reclaim his manhood". He fought valiantly that night.

It's hard to say whether or not the tattoos are out of character for him because Cotto has always been the quiet type. It's hard to tell what he's thinking. Maybe a commentator will ask him about it after the fight tomorrow.

I just found out the Cotto and Pavlik fights are going to be on a Top Rank PPV tomorrow. What's up with that bullshit?
BoxingStill#1
well,....I must admit...I used to be in killer shape....but I got out of boxing for a bit and put on some weight. I went and got some tattoo's to kind of offset the look....bad move really. Cotto said he went up to 178lbs after Marg. That may have something to do with it. Maybe he just wanted to feel like he's in control of something.
happygocampy
This shit sure didn't work for Tyson.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(happygocampy @ Feb 20 2009, 05:02 PM) [snapback]425954[/snapback]
This shit sure didn't work for Tyson.

Good point.

Jack
Douchebag
He looks in shape in the pic. I really don't know what to make of it. All I can say is that IMO he had greatness in him before the Marg loss (I almost don't want to call it that but it is what it is........). He has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, he just fought with the wrong strategy that night.

P.S. I hope that what he is trying to convey with the tats is that he is a different (hopefully better) fighter after the Margo fight.
Spyder
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 20 2009, 06:23 PM) [snapback]425957[/snapback]
He has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, he just fought with the wrong strategy that night.

What was that...enter the ring with un-loaded gloves?
Douchebag
QUOTE(Spyder @ Feb 20 2009, 06:26 PM) [snapback]425958[/snapback]
What was that...enter the ring with un-loaded gloves?

Honestly, not taking anything away from what Shane did to Marg, but Cotto could have fought a similar fight. So even thought Fraudarito is a cheating mutherfucker I still think Cotto could have beat him. I've gone back and forth so many times about this fight, that I'm almost ashamed of myself. But theres no doubt in my mind now Cotto was and probably still is a better fighter than that cheating burrito eating, laxative taking before a fight, cement glove having, smirk having after being pummelled like a nerd for his lunch money cocksucker.
Spyder
I don't doubt that for a second...shit, going into that fight I thought that Cotto was going to embarrass La Plaster de Paris...I still think that Cotto was hurting Margarito more prior the 6th round. If Marg's hands hadn't have turned into bricks, I think that Cotto would've prevailed.
Fitz
Wow. As soon as I saw the thread, I wasn't sure what to think. I'm not against tattoos and hey maybe Cotto has always liked them and it's a coincidence that he got them now. But I can't help to think if there are reasons behind it or he is trying to validate himself by them after the loss.
My feeling is, Cotto is angry inside and I get the feeling he is sending those messages through the tattoos (could be wrong). I'm still waiting to see how Cotto comes back from that loss, and I don't think Jennings is the guy to tell us (not that I know him, but nobody knows anything of him, lol) and I actually feel sorry for him, because I would really hate to be him tomorrow, I think Cotto is going to try send a message.
STEVENSKI
Am I the only one who noticed his glove & wings on his panties. He may have that tattooed over his vagina as well but only people like Margarito & the Bobfather get to see that because he only lets people see it when they are fucking him.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 20 2009, 05:23 PM) [snapback]425957[/snapback]
He looks in shape in the pic. I really don't know what to make of it. All I can say is that IMO he had greatness in him before the Marg loss (I almost don't want to call it that but it is what it is........). He has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, he just fought with the wrong strategy that night.

P.S. I hope that what he is trying to convey with the tats is that he is a different (hopefully better) fighter after the Margo fight.

is it me or does it look like he has gained weight in his lower body?.. i hope that margarito fight didnt mess him up the guys a damn explosive and good fighter... his whole body defenition looks off to me...
JonnyBlaze
My honest opinion is that the tattoos are a sign of mental weakness..He loses his first fight then he goes off and gets all these new tats..We'll see how he is tomorrow but I think he is a different Cotto..I hope not,but its my opinion..Boxingstill#1 sees it the way I do..He is speaking from experience too..

As for his body,it looks different and he seems a little smaller than usual..He could be in better or worse shape..I think he looks to be in better shape..
lloyd mayflower
nothin like a bit of over analysis. maybe he just fancied a tattoo. im prepared to bet hes still hard as fuck regardless of what tribal scribble he chooses to scar himself with
Yucayeke
IMO, the dude looks different Junito (as Cotto is called in PR) seems a bit dehydrated ( I know they all dehydrate prior to the fight) but the guy seems a bit too thin and maybe even a bit Gaunt?

I am anxious to see what he is bring, I hope the loss didn't fuck with his head, but how could it not? Also to note IMO he was winning the Margacheato fight , before he inexplicably started to feel the blows.
Spyder
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Feb 20 2009, 08:34 PM) [snapback]425971[/snapback]
is it me or does it look like he has gained weight in his lower body?.. i hope that margarito fight didnt mess him up the guys a damn explosive and good fighter... his whole body defenition looks off to me...

laugh.gif

Dude, you're studying that man's body a little too closely...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Spyder @ Feb 21 2009, 08:23 AM) [snapback]426011[/snapback]
laugh.gif

Dude, you're studying that man's body a little too closely...

LOL!!!!.. man i new somebody was gonna say something bout that...lol... but its true though he looks diffrent and tonights fight i dont think will show rather its for the better or worse but i hope its a good confidence builder...
JD
The reason is struck me is because it is out of character for him, and seemed to really coincide with the stories that he was out partying, drinking like a champ, and not taking his career seriously after the Magrarito loss.

Drastic shit like this means it had a pretty serious impact. It's not like he has been getting tattoos his whole career...the dude got a bunch of him after his first loss.
WolfishPromistah
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 20 2009, 06:35 PM) [snapback]425960[/snapback]
Honestly, not taking anything away from what Shane did to Marg, but Cotto could have fought a similar fight. So even thought Fraudarito is a cheating mutherfucker I still think Cotto could have beat him. I've gone back and forth so many times about this fight, that I'm almost ashamed of myself. But theres no doubt in my mind now Cotto was and probably still is a better fighter than that cheating burrito eating, laxative taking before a fight, cement glove having, smirk having after being pummelled like a nerd for his lunch money cocksucker.

Although the tatt designs are nice, I am just not one for them, particularly the kind that cover so much on a body the way Cotto’s do.

“Honestly, not taking anything away from what Shane did to Marg, but Cotto could have fought a similar fight.”

Cotto fought what I thought was a similar fight. He got in the ring, punched, moved (looked good, in fact, for a ways in the fight), and was ultimately overcome in the end, to an extent unlike ever before…almost as if something abnormal was being used against him -- some say. Sounds like you made your determination on the basis you feel there is absolutely no possibility Margarito wore illegal wraps against Cotto. I thought we didn’t know for sure. Nah, couldn’t be. Right? 

“So even thought Fraudarito is a cheating mutherfucker I still think Cotto could have beat him.”

It seems apparent folks maybe then take it you’ve sparred with Mosely, which involved your using your own plaster of paris wraps to note his chin is sturdy enough for up to at least 11 hard rounds against your relentless pressure. tongue.gif – just bein’ silly, of course.

“I've gone back and forth so many times about this fight, that I'm almost ashamed of myself.”

On the serious tip, as have others, I’ve thought about it like you, and I still feel unsure of whether it’s all conclusive both fights may be weighed through equal comparison because of what we do and don’t know about certain circumstances involved in each. The question is still there, unlike for Mosely, of whether something illegal was worn by Margarito in the Cotto fight. What we don’t know is how much Mosely would have been affected had Margarito tagged him the few times he did over 12 rounds with loaded gloves of the kind he may have worn against Cotto. Maybe Shane would have taken the shots and still won…maybe not. Great we didn’t have to watch him go through the testing process to see.

The CEO
Here's what's up...Cotto got these tats after the Margarito loss and before he found out about the illegal wraps....he also has a scorpion on his left shoulder I believe....

I think Cotto was making a statement...like, "I went through my trials and tribulations...yes...I was devastated and hurt....but I'm hard to kill.....I'm gonna come back...and I'll be better and fiercer this time around..."...

Thing is....I think he was trying to CONVINCE himself of this at the time by getting the show tats....I heard he was partying alot back home, and like JD said....that doesn't look good as well.....he must have had alot of self doubt inside after that kind of comeback beating for his 1st loss....

but now that he knows about the wraps.....I'm pretty sure he's feeling as good as he can about his setback and will indeed be better than ever....
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Feb 21 2009, 01:45 PM) [snapback]426036[/snapback]
Here's what's up...Cotto got these tats after the Margarito loss and before he found out about the illegal wraps....he also has a scorpion on his left shoulder I believe....

I think Cotto was making a statement...like, "I went through my trials and tribulations...yes...I was devastated and hurt....but I'm hard to kill.....I'm gonna come back...and I'll be better and fiercer this time around..."...

Thing is....I think he was trying to CONVINCE himself of this at the time by getting the show tats....I heard he was partying alot back home, and like JD said....that doesn't look good as well.....he must have had alot of self doubt inside after that kind of comeback beating for his 1st loss....

but now that he knows about the wraps.....I'm pretty sure he's feeling as good as he can about his setback and will indeed be better than ever....

Are you a psychiatrist? laugh.gif Maybe you can help me out with some of my problems. So should he get the tats removed then?
The CEO
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Feb 23 2009, 02:13 AM) [snapback]426157[/snapback]
Are you a psychiatrist? laugh.gif Maybe you can help me out with some of my problems. So should he get the tats removed then?

laugh.gif

Yes....but I'm not licensed.
STEVENSKI
I hate Cotto. No real reason I just don't like the look of him & never have. I enjoyed seeing him get punked by Margarito & if Margs used loaded gloves even better.

I hope this twat scratched his shitty tribal crap & he picked at the pigment.
Douchebag
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 23 2009, 05:11 PM) [snapback]426200[/snapback]
I hate Cotto. No real reason I just don't like the look of him & never have. I enjoyed seeing him get punked by Margarito & if Margs used loaded gloves even better.

I hope this twat scratched his shitty tribal crap & he picked at the pigment.

This bit is getting stale, mate.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 23 2009, 11:45 PM) [snapback]426210[/snapback]
This bit is getting stale, mate.

So don't read it. I live this shit it ain't no fantasy or joke. I don't like Cotto & would be quite happy to see him get repeated beatdowns.

There is very few fighters I "hate" these days. Roy is done, PBF ran off into "retirement", Bumdine fights bums & is not worth hating too much.

There are a lot of fighters I like & respect currently. Guys like Pac, Vic & JMM are warriors & true to da game fighting the best for legacy & respect.
Douchebag
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 23 2009, 07:10 PM) [snapback]426212[/snapback]
So don't read it. I live this shit it ain't no fantasy or joke. I don't like Cotto & would be quite happy to see him get repeated beatdowns.

There is very few fighters I "hate" these days. Roy is done, PBF ran off into "retirement", Bumdine fights bums & is not worth hating too much.

There are a lot of fighters I like & respect currently. Guys like Pac, Vic & JMM are warriors & true to da game fighting the best for legacy & respect.

Say the truth. You want to hold Cotto's Jock strap.
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 24 2009, 01:10 AM) [snapback]426212[/snapback]

I don't see how Cotto doesn't fit a similar mold. He's willing to fight anyone.
BigG
Huh!? STEVENSKI, you said Cotto and Pavlik were your favorite fighters in the past? I guess you were a bandwagoner and jumped off when Cotto lost to Margarito and then hoped on Margarito's after he won laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 23 2009, 08:48 PM) [snapback]426217[/snapback]
Huh!? STEVENSKI, you said Cotto and Pavlik were your favorite fighters in the past? I guess you were a bandwagoner and jumped off when Cotto lost to Margarito and then hoped on Margarito's after he won laugh.gif

I did the complete opposite..I used to dislike Cotto and Margarito but after the Margarito fight I gained a lot of respect for Cotto and actually like him now..I wish he didn't get the tats cause I do think it was a mental thing to him but whatever.
Mean Mister Mustard
Cotto has tons of courage and I like that he didn't offer any excuses after the Margarito fight. He is a class act and a world class fighter.

I'd like to see him rematch Mosley, I think it is the only money big money fight since Pacquiao and Hatton are busy. It would make sense financially to do this now since Mosley is red hot after the Manos de Plaster win but I get the feeling Arum might not want that fight right away. Maybe they are waiting for Mosley to get a bit longer in the tooth before they fight him.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Feb 24 2009, 12:43 AM) [snapback]426216[/snapback]
I don't see how Cotto doesn't fit a similar mold. He's willing to fight anyone.

He is but I just don't like the look of him & never have. I respect his abilities but that is it.

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 24 2009, 12:48 AM) [snapback]426217[/snapback]

I liked Cotto taking on Mosley & said as much. I don't recall ever giving him any manlove but I may have inadvertantly. I still like Pavlik as his style is enjoyable & he bombs people out.
Douchebag
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 23 2009, 08:47 PM) [snapback]426227[/snapback]
He is but I just don't like the look of him & never have. I respect his abilities but that is it.
I liked Cotto taking on Mosley & said as much. I don't recall ever giving him any manlove but I may have inadvertantly. I still like Pavlik as his style is enjoyable & he bombs people out.

Steveski doesn't like Cotto because of how he "LOOKS". Very weak wristed comment.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 24 2009, 02:14 AM) [snapback]426230[/snapback]
Steveski doesn't like Cotto because of how he "LOOKS". Very weak wristed comment.

I would call it a very honest one myself. He had a thing going with his eyebrows & that made me dislike him more.
Brad
I was just happy to see Cotto sort of calling fighters out after his fight. Shane Mosley mentions a toothache as reasons for not fighting Mayweather and he was crucified for it, yet every time people asked why Cotto was ducking Floyd he gave some lame reply about not choosing who he fights and being content with Big Bob Arum and getting fed cock meat sandwiches.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Brad @ Feb 24 2009, 04:07 AM) [snapback]426234[/snapback]
I was just happy to see Cotto sort of calling fighters out after his fight. Shane Mosley mentions a toothache as reasons for not fighting Mayweather and he was crucified for it, yet every time people asked why Cotto was ducking Floyd he gave some lame reply about not choosing who he fights and being content with Big Bob Arum and getting fed cock meat sandwiches.

Exactly Brad. You talk a lot of sense & people just give this bastard a pass. I hope he takes another thrashing soon but he won't because he will quote happy to be a part of Bob's stable of house fighters.
Brad
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 24 2009, 01:32 PM) [snapback]426236[/snapback]
That is utter crap. The toothache comment is taken out of context. It was June, Mosley had two fights already that year and said he is taking the year off to spend with the family and to fix a toothe, people ignored wanting to spend time on the family and ran with the tooth comment.
Cotto ALWAYS says he lets his promoter make the fights and he fights who they put in front of him. He has pretty much always given that exact answer regardless of who it is. On the weekend, they asked him not to give that typical response and asked who "Miguel Cotto" wants.

thats because when the interviewer pressed the issue Mosley mentioned the tooth more than once, he mentioned the family not as much as the tooth. I don't think Mosley ducked Floyd, i'm saying that a lot of fans did think that though and he received a lot of hate for it.

YET, Cotto gives his typical shitty arsed response and thats acceptable. Maybe Mosley should have translated a typical Cotto response when they asked him about Mayweather, "My promoters dick is in my mouth and I can't answer your question, ask my promoter".

The fans have been calling for Mayweather-Cotto for a long time and the possibility of that matchup was often directly asked to Cotto, he was also asked to not give a typical response then too but he always gave that dick in mouth response.

On the weekend he took Bob Arums dick out his mouth and i like him more because of it.
BigG
Actually, Cotto CALLED OUT Mayweather after the Hatton fight and there was even an article about it. Cotto has fought everyone put in front of him. Cotto is GOOD for boxing. He is willing to fight anyone and he is great to watch.
Brad
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 24 2009, 01:58 PM) [snapback]426241[/snapback]
Actually, Cotto CALLED OUT Mayweather after the Hatton fight and there was even an article about it. Cotto has fought everyone put in front of him. Cotto is GOOD for boxing. He is willing to fight anyone and he is great to watch.

Was this in a Puerto Rican newspaper? I must have missed it, not to say it never happened, but would kind of be nice to capitalize on the fact your on televsion after winning a fight and actually call someone out through media that people actually watch and listen to. Of all them interviews he only ever said that he loves Uncle Bob. Then on the weekend he shocked a lot of people.

If they put Gomez or Jennings in front of me and offered me millions i'd fight them too LOL. Just joking, back-to-back fights against Mosley and Judah was impressive, fighting the dangerous Margarito was impressive. But I appreciate the fighters who call others out, I like class but at the same time I like bravado. It helps to hype a fight up and make it a little more interesting. Maybe Cotto-Mayweather would have happened if Cotto stood in the ring after one of his fights and said something like "i think you saw more action in this fight than you've seen in all of Floyds career".

I still want to see that matchup, and I wish Cotto had of done more to make it happen when the chance was there. Takes two to tango, but as fans we got to see Floyd whoop Hatton after Hatton opened his mouth and we probably would have got to see Floyd whoop Cotto if Cotto dared to walk that path.
Snoop
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 24 2009, 02:47 AM) [snapback]426227[/snapback]

So you don't like Cotto just because of the way he looks? LOL. Damn, it doesn't take much for you to hate on a fighter does it?
Snoop
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 24 2009, 05:58 AM) [snapback]426241[/snapback]

Agreed. I don't understand the hate for Cotto. In times like this, boxing needs more fighters like Cotto. Sure, you may prefer bravado over class, but I don't think it's reasonable to dislike someone for it.
Brad
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Feb 24 2009, 03:49 PM) [snapback]426248[/snapback]
Agreed. I don't understand the hate for Cotto. In times like this, boxing needs more fighters like Cotto. Sure, you may prefer bravado over class, but I don't think it's reasonable to dislike someone for it.

for another persons personal preference do you think its reasonable that they appreciate when a fighter shows bravado?
QUOTE(Brad @ Feb 24 2009, 02:26 PM) [snapback]426242[/snapback]
If they put Gomez or Jennings in front of me and offered me millions i'd fight them too LOL. Just joking, back-to-back fights against Mosley and Judah was impressive, fighting the dangerous Margarito was impressive. But I appreciate the fighters who call others out, I like class but at the same time I like bravado.

And if its something you appreciate then is it not natural to like a fighter more because of it?

QUOTE(Brad @ Feb 24 2009, 01:46 PM) [snapback]426239[/snapback]
On the weekend he took Bob Arums dick out his mouth and i like him more because of it.

I'm critical of Cotto because it was frustrating for so long not hearing Cotto call other fighters out but I do think he is good for boxing and I do think he's a good fighter, and now that he's starting to call people out i like him MORE

I disliked Cotto for cheating when on the verge of being KO'd by Zab Judah. I'm a fan of Zabs, what would anyone expect, a Judah fan to turn around and say he won fair and square? But overall I don't dislike Cotto.

I wish we had more fighters like Cotto and less like Jennings and Gomez and no Bob Arums
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Feb 24 2009, 06:47 AM) [snapback]426247[/snapback]
So you don't like Cotto just because of the way he looks? LOL. Damn, it doesn't take much for you to hate on a fighter does it?

That is the sum of it. He is a good fighter & world class but I don't have to like the fuckin cunt. I can't really put my finger on why I dislike him though it is just a general dislike from his eyebrows to his promoter.

QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 24 2009, 08:41 AM) [snapback]426254[/snapback]
See, this is Cotto's typical answer all the time, and he gave that answer before any names were mentioned. Unless you think he is avoiding Mayweather, Hatton, Margarito and De La Hoya because he said who ever his company puts there he will fight, lol.
I can accept that you think Cotto gives a shitty response, but don't try spin this into him avoiding Mayweather when it is clear this is his standard response no matter who is the subject.
By the way, did you ever see the post fight interview with Mayweather after the DLH fight? It's quite a laugh when ever Cotto name gets brought up.

Exactly he does whatever Bob fucking says because he is a spineless little cunt with no voice of his own. Fuck Mayweather too he is a cocksuker of the first order but at least he broke away from Bob to get rich rather than make Bob richer.

Snoop
QUOTE(Brad @ Feb 24 2009, 08:12 AM) [snapback]426250[/snapback]
for another persons personal preference do you think its reasonable that they appreciate when a fighter shows bravado?
And if its something you appreciate then is it not natural to like a fighter more because of it?
I'm critical of Cotto because it was frustrating for so long not hearing Cotto call other fighters out but I do think he is good for boxing and I do think he's a good fighter, and now that he's starting to call people out i like him MORE

I disliked Cotto for cheating when on the verge of being KO'd by Zab Judah. I'm a fan of Zabs, what would anyone expect, a Judah fan to turn around and say he won fair and square? But overall I don't dislike Cotto.

I wish we had more fighters like Cotto and less like Jennings and Gomez and no Bob Arums

No it's perfectly fine for you to like one fighter over another for their bravado, but I think it's silly to dislike someone because they don't have as much of it.

If you dislike him for the low blows, that's a different, very understandable reason.
BigG
That is the sum of it. He is a good fighter & world class but I don't have to like the fuckin cunt. I can't really put my finger on why I dislike him though it is just a general dislike from his eyebrows to his promoter.

I can understand where STEVESKI comes from. Vic Darchinyan is also good for boxing but I hate him because he sometimes looks funny and somtimes his boxing stance resembles that of a crab and he is crude.
BigG
I'm not denying it. Still not a fan.
D-MARV
Vic is an ass kicker. I dont see why so many hate him. BigG can you explain in depth for me?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.