Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hasim Rahman
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Spyder
Reading his interview with Percy, it made me feel that he was trying to pull a Joaquin Phoenix on us. Is this dude really interested in fighting MMA?
BigG
Let HasBEEN try it out....

He's boxing career wasn't so bad...
The CEO
Seems logical...a one hit wonder trying to get as much cash as he can while he can....he needs to be Dumplisted.
ROLL DEEP
Yeah, Rahman needs to be on the dump.

How can someone talk SO much shit, have so many chances and under perform EVERY time (well, apart from Lewis laugh.gif )

He needs to stop wasting everyone's time in the world of boxing and fight Kimbo.

Hopefully, he'll knock Kimbo out COLD and stop all the Kimbo groupies sucking him off.
Spyder
He was just real short with his answers. I started thinking..."He can't be serious about this."

Obviously he feels embarrassed about not being a contender anymore, so maybe that's what we were reading.
thehype
No...he's definitely serious...but only if it means he can get paid.
JonnyBlaze
Rahman KO 1 Kimbo
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Feb 26 2009, 08:54 PM) [snapback]426445[/snapback]
Rahman KO 1 Kimbo

Probably right, but what if Kimbo could get Sloooowman to the ground? He has got to have a chance then considering he should have more ground game skills then Rock.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Feb 27 2009, 12:32 AM) [snapback]426455[/snapback]
Probably right, but what if Kimbo could get Sloooowman to the ground? He has got to have a chance then considering he should have more ground game skills then Rock.

I think just assuming boxers can't fight on the ground is not a fair..I think it is all based on the individual and we don't know until we see..IRahman is slow as hell but I think Kimbo would want to fight standing up like he is used to doing..Rahman's arm length would play into that and his jab can do serious damage..If that last dude fazed Kimbo with a jab,Rahman might KO him with one since he knows how to throw a jab and will commit to it..Kimbo will be striking and Rahman will be punching..
JLUVBABY
this fight wont be going to the ground.. from what i read and i would have to find the site again i happened to stumble across it a while back but i could have sworn it said the fight would be limited to the rules of boxing, which would favor rahman... like i say i could be wrong but i think i read that...
Snoop
Wait so is this fight really being discussed or has this thread turned into a "Who would win between Rahman and Kimbo" type deal?
stillperpetuallygrooving
haha i thought that the kimbo nuthugging era had already been killed when he lost to that cat with the pink hair, that had a mediocre record, was a no-name bum, fought in a lower weight class, AND walked in the ring weighing like 198 to kimbo's 240....hahaha god kimbo got embarrassed, i dont see how he could ever step back in the octagon. hahaha with that loss, eliteXC went bankrupt, haha its like you could see it all coming down with kimbo collapsing into a big, worthless heap on the mat...shorty got knocked straight the fuck out....

rahman is a big fatass worthless bum that is just a tomato can for the klitschko brothers to blast on.
stillperpetuallygrooving
rahman KO1, if this match of rejects went down...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 27 2009, 03:42 AM) [snapback]426473[/snapback]
So lets get this right, you think boxers can fight on the ground and go into MMA territory, but an MMA fighter can't fight standing up and go into a boxers territory?

Boxers master boxing..MMA guys don't master anything but focus on different things..Some boxers would be able to fight on the ground from past street fighting or they might know stuff on the side..MMA guys have the advantage on the ground for sure,but you make it sound like they will be completely screwed..I think some MMA guys might be able to beat shitty boxers and I think boxers would be able to beat MMA guys..MY OPINION is that a boxer will convert to MMA easier than a MMA guy to boxing(my old trainer would have guys convert to MMA if they couldn't cut it in boxing and he said the dudes made it look easy)..

In a fight,you always start standing up..If a boxer has good footwork like SRR and Joe Louis,they can get out of the way of charges or tackles with ease and set the guy up for their stuff..A boxer should even more skillful without the gloves on..My defense I'm learning would be just as effective from punches and other things with or without gloves on..It has to deal with deflecting shots and creating openings with my shots and not just stopping the punch..My parry is kind of like wax on/wax off from the Karate Kid the movie..It deflects the jab or straight right and without putting enegry into it,pulls the guy in and sets him off balance and is wide open for anything..You set up a free shot/combo..My defense before learning all this sucked..

Yet,what it all comes down to is the match up..Every boxer vs. mma guy would/could end differently..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 4 2009, 01:29 AM) [snapback]426932[/snapback]
Hey Johnny(Jonny),can your trainer get out of a jail cell as well with just a comb and tooth pick?

HAHAHA..I know ya got it out for me these days but I did expect something a little more than this..I don't know what you're referring to with this comb and tooth pick shit..What about what I actually said??You're the one who wanted to know what I thought so I told you and that's all ya got to say??
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 4 2009, 04:46 AM) [snapback]426947[/snapback]
Does he know what I am thinking right at this moment?

He is the modern day Yoda so of course he knows what you're thinking right now..
Spyder
Jon's trainer once performed opened heart surgery and delivered a baby at the same time.

...with a comb and a toothpick!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Mar 4 2009, 11:59 AM) [snapback]426978[/snapback]
Jon's trainer once performed opened heart surgery and delivered a baby at the same time.

...with a comb and a toothpick!

You forgot one major thing..WITH HIS EYES CLOSED!!!!!

He levitates too..hahahahahaha..
Spyder
When the Boogeyman goes to sleep at night, he checks his closet for Jon's Trainer.
JD
On a whole...boxers whoop MMA guys in boxing; MMA guys whoops boxers in MMA.
BigG
But Boxers have more of a chance of beating an MMA fighter in MMA than a MMA fighter beating a Boxer in boxing. Reason: Boxers ALWAYS will have the punchers chance. Alot of MMA fighters cant really fight well standing up. They have heart but alot of them are not as skilled as boxers.

Just my opinion.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Spyder @ Mar 4 2009, 08:51 PM) [snapback]427046[/snapback]
When the Boogeyman goes to sleep at night, he checks his closet for Jon's Trainer.

That's the shit!!!Good one man..

We got some good ideas on here to make a boxing super hero type movie..Does anyone know anyone who could get this thing movin??
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 4 2009, 10:19 PM) [snapback]427077[/snapback]
But Boxers have more of a chance of beating an MMA fighter in MMA than a MMA fighter beating a Boxer in boxing. Reason: Boxers ALWAYS will have the punchers chance. Alot of MMA fighters cant really fight well standing up. They have heart but alot of them are not as skilled as boxers.

Just my opinion.

That's exactly my point from before..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 4 2009, 10:11 PM) [snapback]427076[/snapback]
On a whole...boxers whoop MMA guys in boxing; MMA guys whoops boxers in MMA.

So if a MMA guy decides to try to box with a boxer in MMA,they still whoop the boxer??What if the MMA guy couldn't get the boxer on the ground which seems to be the biggest threat to a boxer in MMA??
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 4 2009, 11:46 PM) [snapback]427088[/snapback]
Couldn't your trainer do this as well?

Naw
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Mar 4 2009, 10:07 PM) [snapback]427085[/snapback]
So if a MMA guy decides to try to box with a boxer in MMA,they still whoop the boxer??What if the MMA guy couldn't get the boxer on the ground which seems to be the biggest threat to a boxer in MMA??

Scrub MMA Kimbo Slice destroyed Olympic Gold Medalist, WBO Heavyweight Champ Ray Mercer. Obviously then 10 out of 10 times a MMA fighter is going to beat a boxer.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 5 2009, 01:38 AM) [snapback]427098[/snapback]
Scrub MMA Kimbo Slice destroyed Olympic Gold Medalist, WBO Heavyweight Champ Ray Mercer. Obviously then 10 out of 10 times a MMA fighter is going to beat a boxer.

I really hope you're not serious..Mercer hadn't been in any kinda ring in a long ass time and he was old as hell..Mercer was looking for something new since he was done with boxing and wanted money..I think he was a fat,45 year old in that fight..

He wouldn't have beaten a prime Mercer..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Mar 5 2009, 12:47 AM) [snapback]427101[/snapback]
I really hope you're not serious..Mercer hadn't been in any kinda ring in a long ass time and he was old as hell..Mercer was looking for something new since he was done with boxing and wanted money..I think he was a fat,45 year old in that fight..

He wouldn't have beaten a prime Mercer..

Come on Johnny, of course I was being sarcastic. laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 5 2009, 01:52 AM) [snapback]427102[/snapback]
Come on Johnny, of course I was being sarcastic. laugh.gif

hahaha..I thought so..I knew you knew better than that..Ya know what I've been thinking about,how come Kimbo picked MMA instead of boxing..He never wrestled with guys in his videos,only boxed and punched..I think he knew he couldn't make the boxing conversion..

It'd be really funny if Shaq got in the MMA ring..He is crazy..hahaha..First he was talkin shit to Kobe,now he'd bustin on Chris Bosh..

This rap fucking sucks but is funny at the same time.."Kobe,tell me how my ass tastes?"
JonnyBlaze
Today I decided to try out Jui Jitsu after never trying it before..My gym has MMA and boxing equipment..We have a near the locker rooms and a ring in the main part of the gym..I've done hapkido but jui jitsu is way different..Well with no experience I "fought" a trained jui jitsu guy and choked him out right away..I thought us boxers weren't supposed to have these skills??The dude tried to grab my leg and I put him in a guillotine head lock and slamed him to the ground and he was trying to fight out of it but I made him tap..I've never done any jui jitsu in my life..
MarzB
Great topic. I don't know if it's bad that he's talking about MMA (let him try, he'll get his ass kicked) but its terrible that he has pick on chumps like KIMBO.

My god has his confidence been shattered that bad that he has to go there,lol??
ROLL DEEP
Jonny, if you're going to offer some sort of backup for your blocking technique, DO NOT say it's like the wax on/wax off from the Karate Kid. All credability dies right there laugh.gif

If you fought against an experienced Brazilan Ju Jistsu fighter, you're own weight, you would get killed. Seriously. These guys are bad.

Dont judge the whole of MMA on one class or one sparring session. Thats like when I first went to a boxing gym (all I had done was Karate), I sparred with one of their amatuers who had been fighting loads and had a fair few wins (who was a little lighter than me to be fair) and he couldn't hit me. I controlled the fight real easy....but I didn't judge the whole of boxing on that fight.

You go to a decent BJJ gym or MMA gym and you would be in for a rough ride.

I love boxing...its my favourite sport, but it's not the be all and end all and everyone who does boxing isn't automatically a bad ass.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Mar 6 2009, 03:11 PM) [snapback]427246[/snapback]
Jonny, if you're going to offer some sort of backup for your blocking technique, DO NOT say it's like the wax on/wax off from the Karate Kid. All credability dies right there laugh.gif
If you fought against an experienced Brazilan Ju Jistsu fighter, you're own weight, you would get killed. Seriously. These guys are bad.
Dont judge the whole of MMA on one class or one sparring session. Thats like when I first went to a boxing gym (all I had done was Karate), I sparred with one of their amatuers who had been fighting loads and had a fair few wins (who was a little lighter than me to be fair) and he couldn't hit me. I controlled the fight real easy....but I didn't judge the whole of boxing on that fight.
I love boxing...its my favourite sport, but it's not the be all and end all and everyone who does boxing isn't automatically a bad ass.

I'll break down the parry than..It's almost like you make circles around your face when someone jabs..If you parry the jab it sets the person off balance and kind of pulls them in and sets them up for free shots..If someone throws a 1-2,you parry the jab and when your hand gets the left side of your face it is in position to catch/defect the right hand..If someone fakes the jab,you still have to commit to the parry motion incase they decide to throw a right..

ROLL DEEP
Lol, I know what a 'parry' is.

If I had to explain it I would've NEVER used the 'wax on/wax off' description. Swinging your arms about like you're at a techno rave like he does will get you a fat lip.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Mar 7 2009, 01:46 PM) [snapback]427330[/snapback]
Lol, I know what a 'parry' is.
If I had to explain it I would've NEVER used the 'wax on/wax off' description. Swinging your arms about like you're at a techno rave like he does will get you a fat lip.

Well obviously you're not aware that there are different ways/techniques to parry..My parry freezes you up like you're in fight night round 3..With my technique you can parry the jab or straight right..Your left hand has to parry the right hand but in the same way you do the jab..Most fighters today will just catch the jab with their right hand instead of using it to their advantage..
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Mar 7 2009, 07:38 PM) [snapback]427365[/snapback]
Well obviously you're not aware that there are different ways/techniques to parry..My parry freezes you up like you're in fight night round 3..With my technique you can parry the jab or straight right..Your left hand has to parry the right hand but in the same way you do the jab..Most fighters today will just catch the jab with their right hand instead of using it to their advantage..

Dude, how can you say I'm 'obviously not aware there are different ways to parry?'

How many times have you spoke to me on the subject or seen me spar or watched me parry a jab? laugh.gif

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 8 2009, 07:38 AM) [snapback]427408[/snapback]
Jonny, ROLL and his brother are quite experienced, I would say more experienced on you in all sorts of martial arts training, lol.

I thought we were talking about boxing..Only MMA I've done is hapkido..

He said I know what A parry is..What I implied off that is that there is one way to parry..Most people learn just to catch the jab and call that a parry..
BigG
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Mar 6 2009, 07:11 PM) [snapback]427246[/snapback]

Bumping old thread here..

ROLL is right. But alot of MMA fans and alot of casual fans think that Grapping and BJJ would own Boxing in a street fight or the top tier fighters in the UFC (Silva, Fedor, etc) would own a top class Boxer in a street fight and THAT I feel is totally ignorant. A good Boxer IMO has a very good chance to fuck up a good BJJ. It really depends if the BJJ fighter or Wrestler or whatever could take the Boxer down. Certainly thats what the BJJ fighter or Wrestler would aim for but what if he couldn't get the striker down....a good example of this is the Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz fight. Ortiz is one of the best guys at taking people down in UFC history from what I've seen and Chuck was able to keep him on the standup and fuck him up that way and Chuck Liddell is NOT a world class puncher. He might have power but if you seriously put this guy in Boxing, hewouldn't be a contender. I'm telling you. Anderson Silva who is THE baddest striker on UFC, a guy that's destroying people left and right, and is up there with Fedor and GSP as one of the P4P kings of the sport, was a Pro Boxer and he wasn't very good at it..in fact, he got KO'd by a can. I'm a huge fan of UFC and MMA as well...

MMA/UFC has definitely become a Mainstream sport and right now is probably kind of a hotter to the public than Boxing is but a shitload of MMA fans seem to be very ignorant..

Just my opinion..

Sorry, I had to bump this because I came accross a video on youtube which had Lou Dibella and Joe Rogan debating on which was better and Rogan saying Boxing is dying...It's an old video I think from 2006 or 2007.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.