Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adamek vs. Banks: Preview/Round by Round (Everything Here)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Don't forget the IBF Cruiserweight Title fight between Adamek and Banks is Tonight! (Friday) This thread is for any preview discussions of the fight and a round by round tonight.

Jack

Administrator
Romulus9
Really looking forward to seeing how Banks holds up tonight. I've a got a feeling he might pull one out over Adamek, meaning that the Hopkins fight might not happen.
Mean Mister Mustard
I don't think I've ever seen Banks fight.
Mean Mister Mustard
Banks has a nice shoulder roll defense.
Romulus9
Banks is looking great so far, fighting smart, jabbing well, controlling every aspect of the fight. As long as he stays out of the corner, Banks has the fight going his way.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(wvu8893 @ Feb 27 2009, 11:52 PM) [snapback]426533[/snapback]
Banks is looking great so far, fighting smart, jabbing well, controlling every aspect of the fight. As long as he stays out of the corner, Banks has the fight going his way.

Yeah, you can tell he has a specific gameplan in mind.
Romulus9
I don't know what Charles and Farhood are watching. They have Banks up a POINT? I've got Banks up 5-0. He's controlling 2:30 of every round, boxing circles around Adamek, countering beautifully, and Adamek has landed two punches of consequence the ENTIRE FIGHT.

Don't we have an FCC in this country? Get these tools off the air.
Mean Mister Mustard
I have it like Farhood giving Adamek 1 round.
Romulus9
Through 7, I have Banks up 5-2 but Adamek is turning it up. Banks isn't getting off first anymore and is letting Adamek dictate the pace.
Mean Mister Mustard
Man Adamek did a couple of good thing here, he started jabbing to the body and then went at it hard with hooks. That's what you do with a guy with a shoulder roll defense like that.

Adamek has Pavlik type punches and even though he hits hard he gets outboxed by Hopkins.
Romulus9
I can't believe Eddie Cotton didn't stop it when Banks got up. That's awful. No response, delay when asked to step forward, that's awful. Banks took some shots he NEVER should have taken.

Nice job by Adamek though.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(wvu8893 @ Feb 28 2009, 12:15 AM) [snapback]426540[/snapback]
I can't believe Eddie Cotton didn't stop it when Banks got up. That's awful. No response, delay when asked to step forward, that's awful. Banks took some shots he NEVER should have taken.

Nice job by Adamek though.

Absolutely should have stopped it after the 1st KD.
D-MARV
Adamek is an ass kicker! Fuck the Klits... I want Adamek-Haye!
Hodge
Man I wish David Haye would have fought this guy. Could you imagine what kind of war that would be. You have to love Thomasz and wonder how good Bad Chad really is. There are many a boxing hole in Adamek's game, but he compensates with haymakers. WOW.
D-MARV
Most people here have no idea How good Chad Dawson is/will be.
The CEO
Entertaining fight...Banks had a plan and came to win, but his conditioning was lacking....once Adamek started takin' it to Banks' body, the result was basically written in stone....didn't take much body work at all to deflate him...

That was a fierce, chopping right that put Banks down...landed right on the very tip of his chin...judging by Banks' actions after he got up, it should have been stopped there...but I have to admit....I did enjoy watching him get "slumped" in the finishing salvo....lol

and cosign on an Adamek-Haye bout...I personally don't think Haye has the chin or heart to survive that matchup....
Lil-lightsout
I do not know if I was watching a different fight then some of you. I gave Banks three rounds and thats it. He did not punch near enough, and just kept backing up with little offense. I was not impressed with Banks at all. He threw no combo's at all, just single shots here and there. Once Adamek turned up the heat, Banks was outta there. It just seemed Banks got winded early, and TA took the fight out of him. I was pretty impressed with TA again, he is a solid fighter with overall good skills.

The ref did a horrible job!!! Number one Banks was in NO shape to continue after the knockdown. Second, not only did he let it go after that WAY too long, he did not jump in till Banks was going down again. Third, notice how far away he was away from the action after the first knockdown? You could see in the replay how he was back too far from the action which ended up going too long unfortunately for Banks.

Also, I thought the commentating was all around horrendous.
Jack 1000
I had it 4-3 Adamek at the stoppage.

Jack
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 28 2009, 05:14 AM) [snapback]426539[/snapback]
Adamek has Pavlik type punches and even though he hits hard he gets outboxed by Hopkins.

You been hanging out with Method? The type of pressure Adamek can apply would break down X IMO. The weight would be too much.
Method
Keep me out it.
STEVENSKI
You know i'm jivin with ya.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Adamek looked alright in there. I thought he was getting outboxed in the first couple rounds, and even got stunned. However, he really picked it up in the middle rounds and started to dominate the fight. He was hurt in the 8th round, but damn did he come back. I can't believe the ref didn't stop the fight after the first knockdown, dude wasn't even responsive. That was a brutal KO. I don't know about Hopkins-Adamek. Adamek can hit hard, and has put Cunningham and Dawson on the deck. Both are good boxers and are fast. Hopkins has that great D, and could pose many problems for Adamek. What Banks was doing for the first two rounds is what Hopkins could do for 12. It'd be an interesting fight, that's for sure. I'd probably take Hopkins by extremely close decision.
Michigan Assassin
Sorry if this came up earlier (I didn't read the entire post) but I think Manny Steward not being there for Banks was complete bullshit.

Take fucking Grey Hound Manny!!!!!!!

As Farhood said, Kronk hadn't had a champ cwowned in 20 to 25 years and for Manny not to be there was unforgivable.

Fuck Manny and Kronk!!!!! Their time has past.
Michigan Assassin
I will say that Adamek was way too patient early in this fight.

And although I'd love to see Adamek - Hopkins, I'd much rather see Adamek - Cunningham II.
Michigan Assassin
Just finished watching this. Banks just folded. Honestly, this wasn't a matter of Ademek breaking Banks down and taking him out. Banks simply faded and folded to Tomas.

That said, all credit to TA for iposing his will as he always seems to do.
Michigan Assassin
And please don't letit seem lik I have fo respect got Adamek. This man is a stud. I appreceiate and respect this man's style.

Totataly, old school performance Friday night,
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 1 2009, 08:58 PM) [snapback]426719[/snapback]
I don't think Banks entirely folded, I think it had to do with the body work Adamek did in some of those rounds. I still wasn't impressed early with Banks like many others were early in the fight. The way people went on, I was expecting masterful boxing early in the fight. The guy was throwing one shot at a time, and just doing enough to control the fight, but not really win it.

You're right in the sense that Banks wasn't overly impressive but he certainly controlled the action.

To be perfectly honest, I'm happy Adamek won becaue that leads to much better fights in the neat future.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 1 2009, 08:58 PM) [snapback]426719[/snapback]
I don't think Banks entirely folded, I think it had to do with the body work Adamek did in some of those rounds. I still wasn't impressed early with Banks like many others were early in the fight. The way people went on, I was expecting masterful boxing early in the fight. The guy was throwing one shot at a time, and just doing enough to control the fight, but not really win it.

I was not impressed with Banks at all in the fight, early or late. I agree with you.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 1 2009, 11:18 PM) [snapback]426737[/snapback]
Yep, he looked extremely lazy/timid in there.

Two appropriate words to descibe Banks performance. He showed a lazy effort in there by throwing few punches and no combos. Timid pretty much sums up his effort too, he showed no real desire to win the fight. The one or two times he did buzz TA, he refused to follow up with anything.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 1 2009, 11:29 PM) [snapback]426739[/snapback]
Two appropriate words to descibe Banks performance. He showed a lazy effort in there by throwing few punches and no combos. Timid pretty much sums up his effort too, he showed no real desire to win the fight. The one or two times he did buzz TA, he refused to follow up with anything.

i think banks came in to the fight determined to win. i just think he didn't have the conditioning to keep anything up. i think it was more of a stamina issue than a laziness issue. i think he thought he could go in and ko adamek with a shot or two.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.