Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones Jr-Sheika co feature with MMA card?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
Had no idea that on this card, they will also show Lashley vs Shamrock on there as well. Looks like Lashley is trying to follow in Lesnar's footsteps, as he is a former WWE wrestler for anybody that doesn't know.
But it's interesting, and maybe not a bad idea.

Thoughts?
STEVENSKI
How the so called mighty have fallen. Roy is a disgrace. I hope he gets busted up good but fighting a over the hill palooka like Shieka means he will probably win.
Lil-lightsout
Stevenski- Keep your hate positive. Roy is over the hill too. Roy has a weak chin, Shieka can still crack a little. Roy will probably undertrain and be unmotivated for this fight. So you never know, Omar could make you a happy man. But I will go with Roy hesitantly, not really knowing what is going to go down in this fight.

Fitz- I think it is a good idea, it is worth a shot atleast. I do not follow MMA too much, but I can watch it. I wonder how many total televised fights will be shown. My cousin who is an MMA fanatic, always tells me they show a crap load of fights on ppv shows, or some free channel shows the undercard fights for free, or something like that.
STEVENSKI
MMA & boxing together sounds OK. Exposure to both sets of fans can only be a good thing.
BigG
Lashley....laugh.gif This guy is basically Lesnar Version 2..
D-MARV
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 3 2009, 12:42 AM) [snapback]426846[/snapback]
Stevenski- Keep your hate positive. Roy is over the hill too. Roy has a weak chin, Shieka can still crack a little. Roy will probably undertrain and be unmotivated for this fight. So you never know, Omar could make you a happy man. But I will go with Roy hesitantly, not really knowing what is going to go down in this fight.

When has Roy ever been undertrained?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 3 2009, 08:48 AM) [snapback]426866[/snapback]
When has Roy ever been undertrained?

There were a few times Roy gave the excuse after fights he lost that he had trouble getting motivated for fights(GJ fight for one), which to me says being undertrained because he did not have the same desire in his camp and put in the proper effort to win. Sure, his body will always look good(good genes), but that does not necessarally mean he is in top shape.

Sorry Fitz, just answering a question. And yes, this could be the start of many mixing the two sports, which could be good. But then again you could have the purists from either side who just wants to watch "there" sport, and not the other.
thehype
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 2 2009, 11:46 PM) [snapback]426836[/snapback]
Had no idea that on this card, they will also show Lashley vs Shamrock on there as well. Looks like Lashley is trying to follow in Lesnar's footsteps, as he is a former WWE wrestler for anybody that doesn't know.
But it's interesting, and maybe not a bad idea.

Thoughts?

Dang Fitz...where you been? You just realized that?

laugh.gif

I think you should be punished for not reading the front page more often. We need a chalk board so you should have to write 1000 times, "I PROMISE TO READ THE FRONT PAGE MORE OFTEN. I PROMISE TO READ THE FRONT PAGE MORE OFTEN. I PROMISE TO READ THE FRONT PAGE MORE OFTEN. I PROMISE TO READ THE FRONT PAGE MORE OFTEN."

laugh.gif

Just messin' with ya.

In all seriousness, I think it's a GREAT idea for Roy Jones Jr. because, quite frankly, barely anyone was going to buy a joke of a PPV headlined by Jones vs. Sheika. However, even before Ken Shamrock was solidified as his opponent, Bobby Lashley's presence on the card automatically increases the buys from the WWE junkies as well as the MMA heads who are curious to see just how well Lashley can do in the sport (this is only his 2nd pro fight). Furthermore, now that Shamrock is his opponent, that adds just a few more buys from those curious MMA junkies.

I know for me, the card went from, "Eh...who cares...I'll skip that one" to, "Damn it...now I gotta watch it just so I can see Lashley thump on Shamrock."

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 3 2009, 05:29 AM) [snapback]426858[/snapback]
Lashley....laugh.gif This guy is basically Lesnar Version 2..

I guess that means he too can become the UFC heavyweight champion.

laugh.gif

Seriously though, I can see a mega-fight in the UFC between Lashley and Lesnar some time down the road. WWE fans would blow that PPV up.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 2 2009, 11:30 PM) [snapback]426844[/snapback]
How the so called mighty have fallen. Roy is a disgrace. I hope he gets busted up good but fighting a over the hill palooka like Shieka means he will probably win.

stevenkski isnt jones an over the hill palooka now too?...lol
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 3 2009, 08:04 AM) [snapback]426854[/snapback]
I know it's always fun to bash RJJ, but lets try not in here, lol. I was more trying to get thoughts on a boxing/mma card rather than here how much people hate Jones and he should retire.

Roy should never retire.

QUOTE(thehype @ Mar 3 2009, 03:27 PM) [snapback]426876[/snapback]
Seriously though, I can see a mega-fight in the UFC between Lashley and Lesnar some time down the road. WWE fans would blow that PPV up.

The numbers that would do would be pretty tasty I suggest. They could have the whole promo thing down pat good guy vs bad guy. It would be like WWF but they actually belt ten bells out of each other at the end. I would pay to watch.
King Eugene
Who actually bought the fight? I hope I dont have a tough time trying to order it come fight night. Mainly cause its not a showtime or hbo fight. In other words I hope I can find it to remote order it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.