Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Does Juan Marquez vs. Nate Campbell Go?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
I think it would be an interesting fight and would allow Campbell to get belts back if he won. I would see a boxer/puncher type of fight with Marquez taking a close but unanimous decision. If Marquez were to lose to Campbell, this might hurt the prospects of Marquez-Pacquiao III, which is really unfinished business here. I don't know if Nate deserves a fight like this if he can't properly make weight.

Jack
streetlion1
I think Marquez handles Campbell...it may take a few rounds for him to figure out Campbells slick style but I actually see him beating Nate pretty easily. Excuses are only excuses but I feel if Juan Diaz wouldnt have gotten cut he wouldve beatin Campbell.
Jack 1000
Yea,

Marquez too experianced IMO. He gained more from those two close fights with Manny, than Nate ever has or will in his career. It might be like Max Kellerman might say, a very very good fighter (Marquez) against a good fighter (Cambell.) And this is where the gap between very very good and good becomes noticable. Nate could make it "interesting" early with his style, but I don't think he could win.

Jack
streetlion1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 6 2009, 04:31 PM) [snapback]427266[/snapback]
I disagree about the cut. I felt even before it happened you saw the tide turning. I thought Marquez was going to stop Diaz before just before the cut happened anyways.

I mean when he was cut in the fight with Campbell. Diaz changed completely after that. your right about the Marquez-Diaz fight though....I was actually surprised diaz was getting the better of him like he was early on...
kidbazooka1
It would be a good fight Nate would make it interesting for the first few rds but once Marquez finds his rythm it's over.

Marquez by mid rd stoppage.
D-MARV
Marquez UD.
EpTXCHAMP
i'd have to see how nates power carries over at 140 first before i'd bet on this one

but if i had to go with a winner today id go marq by UD no way he ko's nate I thought diaz handled marq up until the cut but oh well cuts are part of the game and diaz didnt handle it
JLUVBABY
marquez is on a whole nuther lever right now.. i see marquez possibly stopping nate in this one and i like nate campbell a lot but marquez is just a beast right now...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Mar 6 2009, 08:49 PM) [snapback]427275[/snapback]
I mean when he was cut in the fight with Campbell. Diaz changed completely after that. your right about the Marquez-Diaz fight though....I was actually surprised diaz was getting the better of him like he was early on...

Diaz was able to fight his fight early but Marquez was out landing him in most of the rounds..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Mar 7 2009, 12:07 AM) [snapback]427294[/snapback]
Diaz was able to fight his fight early but Marquez was out landing him in most of the rounds..

something else i noticed when i went back and watched the fight was that tho diaz was doing his thing early marquez was actually busting him up with the harder shots... by the 6th round i think diaz was getting into trouble tho you couldnt see it and by the 7th the pace had slowed considerabley and you could see the momentum swinging towards marquez, then the cut happened and we no now diaz cant deal with cuts but he was in trouble well before the cut even took place... the fight reminded me of how julio chavez methodically chopped down meldrick taylor... taylors flash looked good but he was the fighter slowly getting beat up.
Lil-lightsout
Overall JMM is a more complete fighter, but my pick would be Nate by early to mid rounds stoppage. If he would not be able to stop him though, JMM would take the decision. Seeing how Diaz was able to buzz JMM a few times, I think Nate would know to jump on Marquez and hurt him early and go in for the kill. Plus this fight would have to be at 140, and I am sure Nate would be the stronger fighter. Not saying JMM could not stop Nate either, cause he could, I just would take Nate by stoppage.
Sugar Q
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Mar 7 2009, 06:30 AM) [snapback]427314[/snapback]
Overall JMM is a more complete fighter, but my pick would be Nate by early to mid rounds stoppage. If he would not be able to stop him though, JMM would take the decision. Seeing how Diaz was able to buzz JMM a few times, I think Nate would know to jump on Marquez and hurt him early and go in for the kill. Plus this fight would have to be at 140, and I am sure Nate would be the stronger fighter. Not saying JMM could not stop Nate either, cause he could, I just would take Nate by stoppage.

I agree Nate by stoppage. Nate is a MUCH smarter, slicker, harder puncher, far better defense than Diaz and handles the late rounds very well. Marquez has problems with slick boxers and Nate would give him hell with a punch to back it up. NC isn't a predictable fighter he's a seasoned veteran. I don't know what fight most of you were watching but I saw Marquez getting badly buzzed by a fighter with not much power. Nate Campbell is the fighter that took Diaz 0 from him remember that? Marquez would be in deep trouble against a fighter with power.
and the NEW
JMM counters the hell out of this 'slick' Nate Campbell and takes a comfortable decision. Perhaps he even steps it up and stops him.

On another note, who saw all the trouble JMM had with John who is a lot slicker than Campbell? I had JMM winning by 2 with the 2 point deductions pure BS.
JonnyBlaze
Marquez by UD..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.