Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: moderators...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
clottey vs. cotto closed but topics that nobody has talked on in like a week still open to post on but nobody is posting?.. just a wonder...
BigG
I don't know, other threads are closed too. I'll open the topics...
Jack 1000
Best reason is probably because it is a speculation and nothing more at this point. The moderator may have believed that we need need another source for the fight on the horizon other than what "Teddy Atlas head." You really need at least two reliable sources for when a fight is to take place (at least.) for open discussion about it.

I will leave the thread closed for now. Mods may choose to reopen it if they want. If they do, I will request to please change the title to Who Would Win Clottey vs. Cotto? A Who Would Win fght topic. is the best way to deal with any matches that are still only speculation.

Leaving the title as it is implies the fight is scheduled to take place or close to taking place. Teddy Atlas did not even name his source. Without reliable sources, our community may believe the fight is to happen, which at this point in time is not true.

This is just my belief in answering the OP's question. It will be our moderators' decision whether or not to reopen the thread.

Jack

Administrator
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Mar 7 2009, 04:13 PM) [snapback]427355[/snapback]
Best reason is probably because it is a speculation and nothing more at this point. The moderator may have believed that we need need another source for the fight on the horizon other than what "Teddy Atlas head." You really need at least two reliable sources for when a fight is to take place (at least.) for open discussion about it.

I will leave the thread closed for now. Mods may choose to reopen it if they want. If they do, I will request to please change the title to Who Would Win Clottey vs. Cotto? A Who Would Win fght topic. is the best way to deal with any matches that are still only speculation.

Leaving the title as it is implies the fight is scheduled to take place or close to taking place. Teddy Atlas did not even name his source. Without reliable sources, our community may believe the fight is to happen, which at this point in time is not true.

This is just my belief in answering the OP's question. It will be our moderators' decision whether or not to reopen the thread.

Jack

Administrator

jack no disrespect but i think we all know the fight isnt a done deal.. just like the rest of the talk on this site its all speculation... tho i think it is safe to say that if the fight is mentioned on espn it has a good chance of taking place... well bette than us jsut speculating on a fight.. its a good topic and there is hardly anyone posting on here anymore anyway.. it creates posters...
Jack 1000
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 7 2009, 04:53 PM) [snapback]427357[/snapback]
jack no disrespect but i think we all know the fight isnt a done deal.. just like the rest of the talk on this site its all speculation... tho i think it is safe to say that if the fight is mentioned on espn it has a good chance of taking place... well bette than us jsut speculating on a fight.. its a good topic and there is hardly anyone posting on here anymore anyway.. it creates posters...

Good point,

When I looked at the thread, I didn't see why it was closed. I was trying to conjure up the reasons why someone else might have closed it. I saw no problems with the thread at all.

Jack
JD
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 7 2009, 06:35 PM) [snapback]427360[/snapback]
Now topics get closed if the fight isn't official? Isn't that taking things a little far?

LOL

Punish him, Jack!
thehype
I have no clue why or who is closing those threads, but there's no need to close anything unless it's a topic that's getting completely out of control with a flame war.
JD
I have re-opened a couple of them.

It's getting annoying.
Fitz
lol.

Any prizes for guesses on who it is? laugh.gif
BigG
QUOTE(thehype @ Mar 10 2009, 11:41 PM) [snapback]427564[/snapback]
I have no clue why or who is closing those threads, but there's no need to close anything unless it's a topic that's getting completely out of control with a flame war.

I agree..and even then I dont think it should be closed...
rusty_trombone
Can we get a complete listing of all of the mods? Then have a poll.
Method
According to Hype, the mod log shows BigG closing all the threads.

This is kind of funny, in a pschizo, train wreck sorta way.
BigG
laugh.gif Well, I honestly got no idea who closes but I can assure you it ain't me because there is a procedure when closing threads (Moderating Options, close thread, confrim) and I honestly don't have the patience to do that unless I have to. The only thing I've ever done as Mod is delete those spam threads at the Fighthype WeBL forum and General Discussion forum. laugh.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 10 2009, 07:05 PM) [snapback]427568[/snapback]
I agree..and even then I don't think it should be closed...

Well if it's flame wars mods can always move the thread to Smack Talk. I mean, that's why that forum is there! I only delete threads that are spam/trolls, close obviously flame war threads, and close obviously duplicate topics.

I can't really think of other reasons needed to close a thread. Maybe if someone is hijacking it. But we haven't had that problem. Our staff is very good at catching potential problems before they become problems. I think the maturity and professionalism of this forum makes moderating tasks minimal, and that makes things enjoyable for all of us.

I just want to say that if anybody out there believes we are too strict, you haven't seen how strict other forums are! I frequent a forum where people were told no profanity is allowed. (Just a member there, have no admin privileges) and there are people who get strict warnings and even BANS for censoring profanity. (So you can't even say any profanity in a censored format without the mods getting testy.)

Than I look at our forum and realize how much freedom you guys have. We want this place to be a fun, friendly, respectable environment where people are able to learn about the great sports of boxing and MMA from each other. Many of us have become an extended on-line family because of this.

Considering the size of our forum and the huge amounts of users we serve. I think our forum problems have been very small and if something comes up, it is easily resolvable.

Jack

Administrator
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 12 2009, 03:18 PM) [snapback]427766[/snapback]
According to Hype, the mod log shows BigG closing all the threads.

This is kind of funny, in a pschizo, train wreck sorta way.

Damn BigG, what the fuck? Stop being such an asshole.
Fitz
biggeorge is an asshole. Closing topics, but trying to play innocent earlier in the thread, and in webl. He owns you for life. I retired my fighters and my gym for good and he won't allow it, he keeps throwing them into the ring. What an asshole guy, lol.
BigG
I got to admit Fitz....I did use your fighters as record padders....as long as I run WeBL..you only retire when I want you to...laugh.gif
Fitz
lol. I still get emails saying "Anxious Alan" and "Soda Popinski" have fights coming up. I have given up.
BigG
LOL! Actually, that's not my fault anymore...Maxy is the one that unretires fighters now. Anxious Alan actually went far and had potential...but he's take far too many beatdowns now...he needs to retire more than Holyfield...
Fitz
How far did he go? I don't know anything about him. Let me know how he went.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.