Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO's TRIPLE HEADER Tonight:9PM CST (Spoilers@ 9:10)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Post all comments about tonight's HBO Boxing Tripleheader. Which of the three fights will be most competitive and why?

The following are scheduled:
  • Kirkland vs. Julio
  • Ortiz vs. Arnaoutis
  • Guerrero vs. Yordan

Jack

Administrator
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Mar 7 2009, 04:53 PM) [snapback]427348[/snapback]
Post all comments about tonight's HBO Boxing Tripleheader. Which of the three fights will be most competitive and why?

The following are scheduled:
  • Kirkland vs. Julio
  • Ortiz vs. Arnaoutis
  • Guerrero vs. Yordan
Jack

Administrator

I think Ortiz-Arnaoutis is going to be the focus of the night. Mighty Mike is no joke, you could make an argument that he beat Torres, I certainly will and this could be an upset tonight.
JonnyBlaze
I'm most pumped to see Robert Guerrero..I've been watching him throughout his whole pro career(all his tv fights)..He has improved a lot and we're going to be seeing a lot of him..
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Mar 7 2009, 10:05 PM) [snapback]427377[/snapback]
I'm most pumped to see Robert Guerrero..I've been watching him throughout his whole pro career(all his tv fights)..He has improved a lot and we're going to be seeing a lot of him..

Wow, Guerrero went right for the NC without hesitating. Don't usually see that.
JonnyBlaze
Damn that really sucked..That was a really bad cut..It was in the worst spot too,right in the middle of his eyebrow..I think Guerrero was right to have said what he said..Every drop of blood had to either drip in or cross over his eye..

He'll be back sooner than we think..I really hope his wife keeps in good health too..Sad story..
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Mar 7 2009, 10:23 PM) [snapback]427380[/snapback]
Damn that really sucked..That was a really bad cut..It was in the worst spot too,right in the middle of his eyebrow..

Oh well, that stuff happens.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 7 2009, 08:37 PM) [snapback]427370[/snapback]
I think Ortiz-Arnaoutis is going to be the focus of the night. Mighty Mike is no joke, you could make an argument that he beat Torres, I certainly will and this could be an upset tonight.

I guess not.
Nay_Sayer
Ortiz looked good tonight...
The CEO
Bullshit stoppage.

Sure...Arnaoutis got rocked and covered up...but come on...this is Boxing....that was some obvious, "HBO is completely behind Ortiz" shit to me...De La Hoya coming in to praise him and all that too...

I guess they had to make up for Diaz losing last week...make sure one of THEIR other prospects shined....
Mean Mister Mustard
Anne Wolfe is crazy. Too bad Laila Ali never got in there with her.
The CEO
Kirkland is gonna get Margarito'd one of these days....the limited Angulo might be the one to do it too....
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 7 2009, 11:49 PM) [snapback]427385[/snapback]

I know..That fight would have really put female boxing on the map more than any other fight..In my opinion,that fight was/would be PPV worthy..I know I'd buy it..

I'd want to see a Kirkland/Paul Williams fight..It'd definitely be entertaining..I only would want to see that fight to see their styles clash..The match up realistically is real bad though..
Big Slim Sweet
[
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 7 2009, 11:49 PM) [snapback]427385[/snapback]

She would have tore Laila up.

I like Kirkland. I'm starting to think he's more than the sum of his parts. Definitely has holes but also big, big heart. So aggressive and never stops coming. And it seems like he can take a good shot. I'll keep rooting for him, if nothing else. And I love Anne Wolfe. You've gotta love Anne Wolfe. That's one bad ass woman.

Ortiz is looking like a monster. That's three at least semi-legit guys in Maussa, Resto and Arnoutis who didn't stand a chance against him. Even if the stoppage tonight was a little quick. (Not sure it was though - Arnoutis was offering nothing back and dropped his arms pretty helplessly after that last short right uppercut.) I'm very ready to see Ortiz step up to the next level.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 8 2009, 02:05 AM) [snapback]427391[/snapback]
[
She would have tore Laila up.

I like Kirkland. I'm starting to think he's more than the sum of his parts. Definitely has holes but also big, big heart. So aggressive and never stops coming. And it seems like he can take a good shot. I'll keep rooting for him, if nothing else. And I love Anne Wolfe. You've gotta love Anne Wolfe. That's one bad ass woman.

Ortiz is looking like a monster. That's three at least semi-legit guys in Maussa, Resto and Arnoutis who didn't stand a chance against him. Even if the stoppage tonight was a little quick. (Not sure it was though - Arnoutis was offering nothing back and dropped his arms pretty helplessly after that last short right uppercut.) I'm very ready to see Ortiz step up to the next level.

I think it was a good stoppage..Way back in the day they would of let it go on until Arnoutis was either unconscious or right before he became unconscious..He was about to go down against Ortiz before the ref realized Arnoutis was too tough for his own good..

I've always supported Kirkland..He may not have the best skills but he is looking better and his stamina is definitely better..He is no master of the art but he is entertaining and wants to put on a good show..
kidbazooka1
Ortiz definitly stole the show tonight he destroyed a fighter who went the distance with Holt and Urango who both hold titles at 140lb. And at only 22 it's scary to see how good he might be when he actualyl hits his prime.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 8 2009, 03:38 AM) [snapback]427395[/snapback]
Ortiz definitly stole the show tonight he destroyed a fighter who went the distance with Holt and Urango who both hold titles at 140lb. And at only 22 it's scary to see how good he might be when he actualyl hits his prime.

I disagree..Julio and Kirkland was the show if ya ask me..They gave us a great fight..Ortiz just whooped Mighty Mike with ease..Julio is better P4P over Mighty Mike..Julio and Kirkland traded bombs and Mighty Mike only landed like 2 power shots on Ortiz..
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Mar 8 2009, 04:00 AM) [snapback]427397[/snapback]
I disagree..Julio and Kirkland was the show if ya ask me..They gave us a great fight..Ortiz just whooped Mighty Mike with ease..Julio is better P4P over Mighty Mike..Julio and Kirkland traded bombs and Mighty Mike only landed like 2 power shots on Ortiz..

Well I meant more like he looked the most impressive out of the three featured guys.

I agree Kirkland/Julio was a more entertaining fight but Ortiz destroyed a fighter who had never been stopped and while Julio may be p4p better he gave Kirkland some trouble and stunned him a bit. Arnoutis went the distance with Holt and Urango who both hold belts at that weight yet Ortiz made him look like a club fighter.
happygocampy
Was disappointed with the way the Guerrero fight went, that was turning into a nice test for him.

Ortiz looked good, i think the stoppage was slightly early as well, but what little we saw he dominated Mike who has decent skillz.

Loved the last fight, but man, everytime i see Kirkland i think Jeff Lacy....
Jack 1000
Bullshit stoppage.

Sure...Arnaoutis got rocked and covered up...but come on...this is Boxing....that was some obvious, "HBO is completely behind Ortiz" shit to me...De La Hoya coming in to praise him and all that too...

I thought the stoppage was OK. Araonutis wasn't going anywhere but down. We have seen worse.

Very disappointed in Robert Gurrerro. Yes, the cut was bad. But we have seen fights continue with guys faces ripped open and they keep coming. I think he took advantage of the ND rule. At least give the corner and the doctor a chance to do their work on the cut. It could have gotten to the end of the round. Than if the doctor could not stop the bleeding, stop the fight.

Kirkland was very good. Julio was game but outclassed, even though he landed some big punches of his own. Good stoppage.

Jack
JLUVBABY
i've got my eye on kirkland.. he steam rolled julio and i didnt exspect that to happen tho i will say i also think he needs to tighten up defence a little more... a sharper fighter might be able to pick him apart the way he bull dozes in like that but he will be fun to watch that is for sure...

as for the ann wolfe comments laila ali never wanted to fight her... wolfe would have torn into ali... too bad cuzz it would have been fun to see them test their skills against one another...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 8 2009, 07:31 AM) [snapback]427406[/snapback]
i've got my eye on kirkland.. he steam rolled julio and i didnt exspect that to happen tho i will say i also think he needs to tighten up defence a little more... a sharper fighter might be able to pick him apart the way he bull dozes in like that but he will be fun to watch that is for sure...

as for the ann wolfe comments laila ali never wanted to fight her... wolfe would have torn into ali... too bad cuzz it would have been fun to see them test their skills against one another...

I was also impressed how he steam rolled Julio..He is very open for uppercuts by the way he comes in like that but to land that uppercut is easier said then done..His stamina has improved since his last fight..I thought Kirkland might lose to Julio..I was rooting for Kirkland and he pulled it out..
JD
Julio's style was pretty perfect for Kirkland...but he was impressive walking through some of those shots, and consistently working.

As I said in my breakdown, if Ortiz stopped Arnaoutis, I was going to be VERY impressed with the performance, and I was.

Both guys did what they were supposed to - but did so in impressive fashion.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Mar 8 2009, 03:45 PM) [snapback]427436[/snapback]
I was also impressed how he steam rolled Julio..He is very open for uppercuts by the way he comes in like that but to land that uppercut is easier said then done..His stamina has improved since his last fight..I thought Kirkland might lose to Julio..I was rooting for Kirkland and he pulled it out..

i read that joe greenes manager is triing to match him with either kirkland or angulo... those guys need to mix it up and fight each other along with a few of the other up and coming junior middles and make some good fight... win or lose a championship fight is coming.. thats the way it used to be.. just happened that one guy got there before the others but everybody got their chance... jr midle is becoming a good looking division right now with the young guns and veterans that are there..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 11 2009, 01:13 PM) [snapback]427650[/snapback]
i read that joe greenes manager is triing to match him with either kirkland or angulo... those guys need to mix it up and fight each other along with a few of the other up and coming junior middles and make some good fight... win or lose a championship fight is coming.. thats the way it used to be.. just happened that one guy got there before the others but everybody got their chance... jr midle is becoming a good looking division right now with the young guns and veterans that are there..

I've been wondering where Joe Green has been at..Has anyone seen him fight recently??I don't know if I've been missing his fights or if they aren't on TV..He is a fun guy to watch..Jr. middle and super middle are both huge divisions now..There is more talent at super middle in my opinion but jr. middle does look to have a good future like super middle..Cruiserweight is also another division I see a lot happening in this year and the next few years for sure..These 3 weights in my opinion are over looked by the public..

Cruiserweight is so perfect because it's like the fighters of many years ago..People forget today that cruiserweight was a part of the heavyweight divsion before it became cruiserweight..Back in the day heavyweights(that would be cruiserweights now),would fight the biggest of big heavyweights of today..There was no Valuev but there were guys that matched the Klitchkos and Lennox Lewis in size(6'5-6'7,250 lbs)..Cruiserweight today gives you the best of both..Speed mixed with power..
Nay_Sayer
That pic of Archie Moore is dope....
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Mar 11 2009, 04:30 PM) [snapback]427662[/snapback]
That pic of Archie Moore is dope....

Thanks..I wish there was as much boxing film footage of him as there were pictures of him back then though..There is other film footage of him in Huckelberry Finn and in The Fortune Cookie with Walter M. and Jack Lemmon..I always think about how sweet it would have been to have lived back then and to have gotten to see guys like Archie and Pep fight..
JLUVBABY
i dont want to say he's ducking angulo but i read an article on james kirkland saying he doesnt want to fight him now.. his excuse is that he wants the fight to get bigger saying once both of them hold a belt... they may both never hold a belt... or they could both some day hold a belt who knows.. that fight is hot now and needs to be made...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.